Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland AT Ironton 10/31
I agree. I doubt we will see anything quite like what will see in Ironton rushing attack this year. Mainly because no one in our class, especially the top teams, are running their T/Wish Bone offense. Almost everyone has gone to a variation of the spread.

Ironton is big upfront. But unlike the other teams we have seen this year that had quality size upfront, it is very mobile. If it is as fast as our's, there's almost a 0 percent chance we can win. On film it looks like we have the speed advantage upfront. Which gives us a chance. How good is Ironton's secondary? Does anyone on here know?
Slic Ric Wrote:Ironton is very good, but to say the RAMS would have to be 4-5 TD's better at Tank to win is ridiculous. I know all about Tank and the officiating, but this is not the same team that played Ashland early in the season. Let's be honest here...Raceland has progressed nicely while Ashland has regressed. If they played again Raceland would win by at least two scores. If it wasn't for 3 consecutive turnovers Raceland would have left with a win regardless.

We may very well get blown out or lose Friday, but I don't think that will be the case, plus Raceland hasn't played at TANK in several years (if ever), so the atmosphere won't be the same for our school as opposed to someone who plays there every other year.
No but you did play them last year and won so the REFs along with Ironton and the whole town will have payback on their minds.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Everybody forgetting that Raceland won this game 17-0 in 2013?
Ashland beat them by 21 last year got crushed this year. Ironton needs this game (playoffs)they will get it whether they end up deserving too or not.
Ironton is 6-2, 3 and 0 at home 3-2 on the road.
@Wheelersburg OH lost 42-16
@russell Ky won 36-9
@Amanda Clearcreek OH won 34-23
Ashland Ky won 34-7
@Portsmouth OH won 49-21
ST. Charles ( Columbus OH) won 25-24
Meigs OH won 41-18
@Jackson OH lost 33-21
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland beat them by 21 last year got crushed this year. Ironton needs this game (playoffs)they will get it whether they end up deserving too or not.

The Tigers only "need" this game for a home playoff game in week 11. They are already in the playoffs.
T-CATS Wrote:Ironton is 6-2, 3 and 0 at home 3-2 on the road.
@Wheelersburg OH lost 42-16
@russell Ky won 36-9
@Amanda Clearcreek OH won 34-23
Ashland Ky won 34-7
@Portsmouth OH won 49-21
ST. Charles ( Columbus OH) won 25-24
Meigs OH won 41-18
@Jackson OH lost 33-21

Ironton beat Ashland 41-13
This is nowhere near the same team that Raceland played last year. Ironton is exponentially better than a year ago.
Good because this years RACELAND team is better than last years
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Good because this years RACELAND team is better than last years

And what makes you think that? Tell me
^^^just as strong. Faster upfront. Only missing piece is a 4.5 or faster RB. More balance offensively. Better athelete at QB. (BTW i was/am a BIG Elkins fan). Just better team speed over all. We dont have a breakaway back but we have 3 work horses in the Backfield coupled with a VERY good dual threat qb in Young and a very special player in. Messer. Last years team should get much of the credit for this years teams success. They (the srs) really set a great example on work ethic and preperation. They laid the foundation for what is the Raceland Rams this year.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Good because this years RACELAND team is better than last years

We shall see, last years Rams were the 1st region champs in school history & beat Ironton 17-0....Next couple of weeks will determine which team is better IMO
Gargamel Wrote:We shall see, last years Rams were the 1st region champs in school history & beat Ironton 17-0....Next couple of weeks will determine which team is better IMO

Agreed
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^just as strong. Faster upfront. Only missing piece is a 4.5 or faster RB. More balance offensively. Better athelete at QB. (BTW i was/am a BIG Elkins fan). Just better team speed over all. We dont have a breakaway back but we have 3 work horses in the Backfield coupled with a VERY good dual threat qb in Young and a very special player in. Messer. Last years team should get much of the credit for this years teams success. They (the srs) really set a great example on work ethic and preperation. They laid the foundation for what is the Raceland Rams this year.

You are not missing the 4.5 guy on the field this year, he is just at a different spot on the field sometimes he IS in the backfield. More balanced offensively. Do you double cover the outside guy and let one of the other receivers beat you, or do you cover man on man and hope for the best? Will have to say that you also are looking at a defensive backfield combined has 39 picks, even with Rodney Vance and Potter not playing. If they played you would be looking at 41 picks.
Im saying missing the breakaway speed Daylin had. I think all the recievers look faster than their 4.6 40s indicate. I have no complaints about our backfield though. Very tough runners. Not as big, but Bailey and Kane run with the same style that. Michael Sammons was a Sr and Daniel Canderhoof was a jr. For a team who's secondary and recievers get so much attention, Smash mouth football is alive and well in the backfield and at LB. I am very proud of this team. As I am of all Raceland teams. We have got a good thing going right now.
Is it Friday yet?? Playoff atmosphere is in the air...
This game could get ugly quick for the rams..
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Im saying missing the breakaway speed Daylin had. I think all the recievers look faster than their 4.6 40s indicate.

A whole roster full of WRs that run 4.6's? That's a faster and more athletic corp than the Bluebirds of Ft. Thomas.
Our main WR are around there. Idk if any have been lazer timed or not. But I know:
Messer runs a 4.5
Dixon runs a 4.65/4.67
Austin Howard runs a 4.6 or better
Kyle Jamison runs a 4.7 or so.
Trey Potter(dismissed from the team) ran at or around a 4.5 id say.

We have a great crop of recievers and a dual threat qb with an accurate 40-50 yard arm. He has yet to really sling the ball downfield too often this year, simply because our offense is about getting rid of the ball quickly. But the QB runs a 4.6 as well. Honestly, our skill guys, both offensively and defensively, all run in the 4.5-4.7 range. Alot of our lineman run in the mid 5.5s. Morgan Carmen, Isaac Wallace, and Jerome Hall are all extremely mobile lineman.
I will not pick against 1A Raceland.

Raceland 28
Ironton OH 24

Kentucky 1st every other state 2nd. :truestory:
Raceland has played with a lead in most of their games this season and this very well could be a game in which they are playing from behind. I think we will learn a lot about the character of this team this Friday especially if Ironton comes out and takes an early lead. My heart wants Raceland to win but my unbiased option tells me that we will get beat by 2 scores. I hope this isn't the case but the Rams have a very tough test ahead of them. Win or lose the important thing is for everyone to stay healthy for what could be a very special playoff run.
Gotta agree with ya blaze. Staying healthy, imo, is the most important aspect. Head says Ironton. On paper, ironton, at Tank, Ironton. But my gut says we will suprise some people.
Suppose to be cold and rain snow mix. Might not be ideal conditions to throw it around a lot. Might favor Ironton and the T-Wishbone even more not that they need anymore advantages.
This game will not be close.
:yesno::wenumber1:football:
Samiam Wrote:This game will not be close.

Might not be close.
Also might be your team on the short side of the score.
The Rams have given up a total of 26 points in the last 22 quarters. Since halftime of the Coal Grove game, the only points allowed were 6 to CG, 14 at previously undefeated Lawrence County, an 6 to a good Fairview team. Allowed 0 points to a winless Nicholas County and also shut out a 7-1 Paintsville team. Only 13 of those points were given up by 1st team defense.

I don't think it'll be a blowout either way, but if the same D shows up that's showed up the last 22 qtrs, I feel we could win by 2 TD's.

The Tigers could once again find out what RAM TOUGH is all about!!!!
We lay down for NOBODY!!!

GO RAMS!!!!
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote::yesno::wenumber1:football:

Might not be close.
Also might be your team on the short side of the score.
The Rams have given up a total of 26 points in the last 22 quarters. Since halftime of the Coal Grove game, the only points allowed were 6 to CG, 14 at previously undefeated Lawrence County, an 6 to a good Fairview team. Allowed 0 points to a winless Nicholas County and also shut out a 7-1 Paintsville team. Only 13 of those points were given up by 1st team defense.

I don't think it'll be a blowout either way, but if the same D shows up that's showed up the last 22 qtrs, I feel we could win by 2 TD's.

The Tigers could once again find out what RAM TOUGH is all about!!!!
We lay down for NOBODY!!!

GO RAMS!!!!

Nice speech. Still it won't be close.
Samiam Wrote:Nice speech. Still it won't be close.

We will know in about 39 hours. One thing for sure, your bullcrap talk nor mine will be a factor. Another thing that won't change, you laid a BIG GOOSE EGG last year!!!! Can't take that one back!!:broom:
You're a funny guy samiam.. RACELAND 34 THE AMAZING ALL POWERFUL UNBEATABLE TOGERS 21
FootballGuy Wrote:You're a funny guy samiam.. RACELAND 34 THE AMAZING ALL POWERFUL UNBEATABLE TOGERS 21
Tigers
Rams by eleventy billion over the Tiggers.
As long as we stay healthy and competitive I will be happy. Ironton is reall large upfront. Raceland has some size, but speed as well in the smaller lineman. That speed paid off against Coal Grove, as we were in better shape. Really looking foward to this game...the weather we are supposed to have tomorrow? Not looking foward to it so much.