Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland AT Ironton 10/31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Raceland heads down 23 and across the pond to batte wit Ironton at TANKS'S Memorial Stadium. Raceland coming off a district championship needs this game as a reality check/ or measuring stick going into likely running clocks in the first 2 playoff gsmes. Should be an interesting next feels . Idk a whole lot about Oronton other than they are tough and they are goina run the ball. Idk about a score. I gotta go w the home team on this ons.

Ironton 36
Raceland 32
You want to win but the main goal is to come out of this one healthy for the playoffs
I agree. If we are playing smart and controlling the ball, im all for it. But if neone is banged up at all, id sit em. Id rather beat Pikeville lol
Don't know much about the Rams this year but I do know to win across the river in Ironton you better be at least a couple Tds better than the tiggers due to some excellent home cooking that they are notorious for over the years. I hope Raceland goes in there and embarrasses Ironton like they did last year at home, but I just don't know if the Rams will be physical enough to match up with the tiggers up front and contend with the officials as well.

I see the physical play of the tiggers along with some timely penalties doing the Rams in.

Tiggers- 28

Rams - 24
Raceland!
I am eager to hear how the Rams play..
I agree with the previous comments. A win in Tank would be a nice trophy, but coming out of it healthy for the playoffs is far more important.
Our defense has been great and I believe that is what will be the game changer in this one. The big thing the Rams cannot do in this game is give up free yards in penalties as they have had a bad habit of doing this season. I look for another very physical game like we had when we played Coal Grove. I'm going say Raceland wins 27-23 in this playoff atmosphere.
Good test for the RAMS which will be good preparation for Pikeville down the road.
I think the simple fact of playing at Tank Stadium will help us tremendously. In the series with Pikeville, no team has won as the visitor.
This will also be a good opportunity of Raceland to adjust to playing on turf before they (hopefully) go to Pikeville in a few weeks.
Ironton comfortably. 42-14
Iroton by 21..
Rams can't give a running team like Ironton a short field.If we go over there and do these short kick offs then we will be putting ourselves behind the eight ball.Rams need to kick the ball deep as they can and make Ironton drive the length of the field.
Ironton isn't the same Ironton some of us may remember
Raceland-41
Ironton-20
Indeed. Ironton is much improved. This game will really teat us upfront. I just hope we stay healthy. The way we are playing as a TEAM we cant afford to lose any one link. Especially defensively .
Good luck from the

Good luck from the orange Yellow Jackets.
I think Raceland will win. Raceland 28 Ironton 14
What is their WL record?
My head tells me Ironton should win by 2 scores, but my gut is telling me we will win in a close one. Not because of our offense, but our defense. I fully expected Belcher, Daniel, and Hendricks to get lose atleast a couple times last night. But our defense only gave up one drive that was any threat of them scoring and i believe that one ended on the Raceland 25 yard line or so. We have to improve the kickoff situation though. Cant give upper echellon teams a short field all night.
Sophisticated passing attack of the rams should keep it close. Ironton has struggled in the past against well excited spread attacks.
Raceland has not seen anything close to the physical attack Ironton brings. This is a much,much, much better team than they were a year ago.
This isn't your daddy's Ironton Tigers. Ironton does need a win this week as the Ohio playoff system is based on points & a win this week will have them hosting week 1 of the playoffs. Be interesting to see if Raceland has improved in the trenches as the only two teams they've played with a pulse up front put up 32 & 41 points......Look for a 21-14 game taht could go either way.
This one gets ugly IMO. Ironton by 4 TDs
Gargamel Wrote:This isn't your daddy's Ironton Tigers. Ironton does need a win this week as the Ohio playoff system is based on points & a win this week will have them hosting week 1 of the playoffs. Be interesting to see if Raceland has improved in the trenches as the only two teams they've played with a pulse up front put up 32 & 41 points......Look for a 21-14 game taht could go either way.

We have improved. We will definitely have to use our speed to make up for that. The developement of Hall and Carmen on the DL has been a big part of our defensive lines improvements. We will be outsized by a good bit. I dont fear that we can score, we just cant let Ironton bust long runs. We are very well conditioned and have pretty good depth now upfront. If we can force the Tigers to throw the ball I like our chances. This will be a close game, imo. I also think if Russell played them again it would be a different type of ball game.
Where Russell had the most trouble was Irontons line size. A few of Russell's linemen had trouble getting off their blocks because Irontons arm reach kept separation really well. 5'9" against 6'4" was a tough matchup for our mighty mights. Lol
We arent that short. Our line ranges from about 5'10"-6'2". Its by far the biggest line (with some quickness) that we have faced. Coal Grove was big, but they were also pretty slow. So this game will most definitely come down to how well we can clog things up and let our LBs scrape or shoot effectively.
This will be Raceland's toughest foe so far, and playing in Ironton that is a lot to ask for anyone. Raceland has great athletes and their defense should help them some in this one, but Ironton is improved from the first couple of games of the season and just so physical. Home team takes this one but Raceland gets as close to a playoff game in the regular season as they may get.

Tigers 28
Rams 21
Hope Raceland wins but at Ironton with their line and TBs guessing it will be a long night for the Rams.
Besides Ashland this will be the biggest and best atmosphere we have played in too. Probably be close to 4000 people packed into the Tank Next Friday. A win at Ironton would definitely be equal to Pikevilles win over Belfrey
Pages: 1 2 3 4