Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Vs. Prestonsburg
belfrypride07 Wrote:aaahh, so it's time again, i had a feelin' this game was comming and I'm so excited, I love it when P-burg plays belfry, it's always great!!!...This game is going to be a good one, it's going to be alot closer than what ever one thinks, BUT the pirates will end up killing them in the 4th making them win it..

39-21

orr, i could be completly wrong, the pirates might kill them all the way through the game , who knows until friday when the lights turn on, the music is loud and the boys are ready to play at CAM.

If it's said like above the score will be

49-0

GO PIRATES LET'S HEAD STRIGHT FOR STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pretty sure of yourself arent you..im gonna take the burg by 2 points
FANS are sure of themselves! Pirate players have respect. Haywood teaches those young men life, not just football. One of the most important lessons he teaches is to respect PEOPLE and Pburg certainly falls into that category.

I look for a very well played game with a lot of intesity. I want to see a bone crushing game, but at the same time, IMO it would be awesome to see these two rivals put a fitting end to this series by showing the UTMOST sportsmanship for one another. I don't know how they could not have earned each other's respect over the years
I'm going to say Belfry 34-14
This will be a great game but im going to say Belfry by 1 or 2 td's
Hm Imma take back my earlier prediction and say these teams go into OT and P-burg wins by 1 on a blocked extra point, or a missed 2 point conversion by Belfry...if P-burg can rise to the occasion that is, which I think they have the possibility too
But of course Belfry is a very tough team to play, espically at home during playoffs, so it could ethier be a close game or Belfry could win by 14+ like they're capable of
But ill take P-burg in the upset overall
One thing I heard is we caught Pburg off guard with the pass and they will be prepared for that. Please be that means you cant stack the line. If you dont stack the line against Belfry then your beat. Pburg didnt what you call shut the run down. They stopped us one good drive early on but we had success running with a stacked line of scrimage. So if I was Pburg Id believe Id take my chances on Belfry beating me with the pass even though Andrew is great Id rather have him beating me than Belfrys rb's because if you dont stack the line then May will have a field day.
The last time Prestonsburg played Belfry I wasn't that impressed with May, there other two backs played great though.
Prestonsburg has really suprised me this season! To be honest, I didn't think they would have much. But I tip my hats to them and Coach John Derossett! The way P'Burg is playing now, and the momentum they have built the last few weeks, I think this game will be closer than what people are saying. However, the game is at Pond Creek.....AGAIN! And with Belfry's fans at their backs, and the Pirate faithful filling the stands amidst the freezing cold, I'm taking the Pirates by 10.
-STAT- Wrote:I will be attending this game and it should be a rokus atmosphere. Should be a physical game but Im going to go with Belfry in this one. Is anyone else going to this game? If so we should meet up.

I'm going -STAT-! :thatsfunn
Im gonna take P-burg.. Its gonna be a good game.. 27-20
The season will be over for the Blackcats after Friday. Belfry wins by 2 or 3 TD's.
blackcat Wrote:The last time Prestonsburg played Belfry I wasn't that impressed with May, there other two backs played great though.
In 2004 Pburg held David Jones to negative yards in their first meeting and the talk after the game was how Dave was overrated.. yet in all honesty Doug Howard absolutely tore the Blackcats apart that game single handed. The next matchup Pburg focused on Doug and then Dave ran for over 100 yards.

Derrossett specifically schemes his defense to take part of Belfry's triple option away, in meeting one who elected to take away the middle, in particular the fullback dive. That was all well and good but as a result everytime Belfry play faked to May, whether it be on the option, the counter, or the pass, it resulted in the Pburg defense collapsing inside and opening everything else up. That is why Belfry's other backs looked so good to you.
orisonspi Wrote:In 2004 Pburg held David Jones to negative yards in their first meeting and the talk after the game was how Dave was overrated.. yet in all honesty Doug Howard absolutely tore the Blackcats apart that game single handed. The next matchup Pburg focused on Doug and then Dave ran for over 100 yards.

Derrossett specifically schemes his defense to take part of Belfry's triple option away, in meeting one who elected to take away the middle, in particular the fullback dive. That was all well and good but as a result everytime Belfry play faked to May, whether it be on the option, the counter, or the pass, it resulted in the Pburg defense collapsing inside and opening everything else up. That is why Belfry's other backs looked so good to you.

I played in the games you speak of, I started noseguard, and guess what, Jones and Howard were really good backs, but their gone. I'm not downing Belfry in anyway, I have more respect for them than any other team in the state. All I am saying is, there will be a war Friday night in Pond Creek and I think the Blackcats will be ready. Remember in 03, in the first meeting, Belfry handed P-burg a pretty big loss. Then, in the play-offs, P-burg took Belfry in OT.

Good Luck to the Blackats this Friday, I never beat these guys at the Varsity level, hope you guys can do it.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
littlebluefan Wrote:I went by Belfry High today and the sign out front said, tickets on sale for Belfy vs. Sheldon Clark. Is this a joke or a prediction done before Fridays game?

Nice try...but I really don't think that it said that...maybe you need to go by there again. Or maybe this was a pathetic attempt to create locker room reading for P'burg.

This game needs no hype...it's Belfry vs. Prestonsburg, enough said. I believe the players on both teams are looking foward to this game.

On one hand you have a team that has had a late season surge and wants to prove that they are a better team that they were earlier in the season.

And then there's Belfry, a team that has dominated this series and has the District Title game at their place and will defend their turf at all cost.

In the end, I think that Belfry will be too much and proves to have more firepower than the Blackcats. The mix of pass and run will give P'Burg fits all night.

Belfry wins by 2+ TD's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
orisonspi Wrote:In 2004 Pburg held David Jones to negative yards in their first meeting and the talk after the game was how Dave was overrated.. yet in all honesty Doug Howard absolutely tore the Blackcats apart that game single handed. The next matchup Pburg focused on Doug and then Dave ran for over 100 yards.

Trust me, I know Coach D's schemes, and I remember both of these games very well. Like you said it's very tough to stop more than one back in Belfry's offense. Prestonsburg changed there defense a little against SC and it seemed to work very well. SC runs a similiar offense that Belfry does and I don't expect Prestonsburg to change anything.

Prestonsburg knows what Belfry's going to run, and Belfry knows what P-burg is going to run, they've played to many times. It's going to come down to who wants it more. Good luck to both teams Friday night, Go Blackcats.
blackcat Wrote:. SC runs a similiar offense that Belfry does and I don't expect Prestonsburg to change anything.
Similar but very different.

SC's offense is focused on two backs and adjusted for power running. SC utilizes much more Isolation. SC also doesn't have the ability to turn the corner like Belfry, nor do they have the triple option.

The strength of Pburg's defense is directly up the middle. Sheldon Clark payed directly into the Blackcats strength, but Belfry's ability to utilize misdirection and attack the edge's makes them an entirely different breed of animal to have to defend.

Elkin's ability to carry out playfakes and to run to the option also adds a different facet that SC couldn't bring to the table. Unlike Pirate QB's of the past he also is a viable running option in the offense as well.
Halftime will be 21-7
This is a game that the hype itself will be long remembered
:football:
yeah, we should be in for a good game
I am going to say Belfry in this one. Although I don't really know what P-burg has this year.
BC75 is a viable poster..

That said, this is SO DIFFERENT than 03 or 04.

IMO, both teams are skeletons of the past.

What I will say is this: Corey Chapman is perhaps the most underrated TB to ever line up in the Belfry wishbone. He isn't David Jones or Doug Howard, but he is a very good TB who will, IMO scored on a couple long TD runs against Pburg.

I ultimately HAVE to give respect to the BLACKCAT PLAYERS, even if I think Derossett will fail to lead his team to a victory for a 8th time in a row!

IMO this is perhaps the most important game amongst local teams regardless of rank. Prestonsburg and Belfry are small communities who buy into this game. Belfry has become used to winning, and Haywood will continue the trend.

It takes a mature mind to realize what this game means, but post by BC75 encourage me. This game ultimately means more than Belfry v Pburg, and ACTUALLY means football in the mountains means something.
Belfry
Id love 2 see Belfry win it all again.. I was gonna transfer my junior year, but never did.. Good luck Belfry..
GO BLACKCATS!!!

GO PIRATES!!!

MAY THE BEST TEAM ON THIS NIGHT WIN!!!
:thumpsup:
LovetheBucs Wrote:BC75 is a viable poster..

What I will say is this: Corey Chapman is perhaps the most underrated TB to ever line up in the Belfry wishbone. He isn't David Jones or Doug Howard, but he is a very good TB who will, IMO scored on a couple long TD runs against Pburg.

I ultimately HAVE to give respect to the BLACKCAT PLAYERS, even if I think Derossett will fail to lead his team to a victory for a 8th time in a row!

IMO this is perhaps the most important game amongst local teams regardless of rank. Prestonsburg and Belfry are small communities who buy into this game. Belfry has become used to winning, and Haywood will continue the trend.

It takes a mature mind to realize what this game means, but post by BC75 encourage me. This game ultimately means more than Belfry v Pburg, and ACTUALLY means football in the mountains means something.

Good post :Thumbs:
LovetheBucs Wrote:BC75 is a viable poster..

Great Post
Last fridays game was amazing! I believe if Pburg comes out ready to play like they did, then this game is up for whoever wants it more. I also think Belfry is a very great football team and has a wonderful program, and im not predicting this game...all im going to say to both teams is "Play your hardest, and do what you do best"!

Go Blackcats!!!
i think it will come down 2 who wants is more..
DON'T YA JUST LOVE FOOTBALL IN THE BIG SANDY AREA......THIS GAME IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF HOW A TOWN GETS BEHIND ITS TEAM....THEY WILL BE ALOT OF EMOTION IN THIS GAME BOTH ON AND OFF THE FIELD.....IT WILL BE A HARD FOUGHT GAME AND WHOEVER DOES LOOSE SHOULD HOLD THIER HEAD UP HIGH.....BOTH HAVE GREAT FOOTBALL PROGRAMS, BOTH HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF WINNING, BOTH HAVE HUGE FAN SUPPORT, IMO THEY WILL BE NO LOOSER IN THIS GAME JUST ONE TEAM WILL HAVE MORE PONITS THAN THE OTHER IN THE END AND THAT DOESNT MAKE YOU A LOOSER.
lpd826 Wrote:DON'T YA JUST LOVE FOOTBALL IN THE BIG SANDY AREA......THIS GAME IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF HOW A TOWN GETS BEHIND ITS TEAM....THEY WILL BE ALOT OF EMOTION IN THIS GAME BOTH ON AND OFF THE FIELD.....IT WILL BE A HARD FOUGHT GAME AND WHOEVER DOES LOOSE SHOULD HOLD THIER HEAD UP HIGH.....BOTH HAVE GREAT FOOTBALL PROGRAMS, BOTH HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF WINNING, BOTH HAVE HUGE FAN SUPPORT, IMO THEY WILL BE NO LOOSER IN THIS GAME JUST ONE TEAM WILL HAVE MORE PONITS THAN THE OTHER IN THE END AND THAT DOESNT MAKE YOU A LOOSER.

GREAT POST