Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Vs. Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Didn't see this one coming, but congrats on both teams for the W's friday, and making it to the second round! Another step closer to PaPa John's!
But anyways, how does everyone see this game turning out?
Prestonsburg always seems to get tougher as the season goes on, so ill say it's a close game next Friday, Belfry 35 Pburg 28
I think if Belfry goes into this game with focus and determination, it won't even be that close. We are ready for PAPA JOHN"S , just taking it one game at a time!
Belfry in a big way...
Belfry should win this one but you never know
Get the bet going on here but Belfry by alot
This is what Prestonsburg wanted. The FINAL meeting between the two schools in the Playoffs till after the 2010 season. I look for a great atmosphere for this game. I think Prestonsburg will treat this game like its the State Championship. Prestonsburg proved they could play with Belfry in the 1st quarter in there first meeting, but they just gave up when the Pirates got some big plays. Thats somthing they cannot allow. They need to make the Pirates earn every yard. This will be a CLASSIC. But I'm not making a prediction.
blackcat_student Wrote:This is what Prestonsburg wanted. The FINAL meeting between the two schools in the Playoffs till after the 2010 season. I look for a great atmosphere for this game. I think Prestonsburg will treat this game like its the State Championship. Prestonsburg proved they could play with Belfry in the 1st quarter in there first meeting, but they just gave up when the Pirates got some big plays. Thats somthing they cannot allow. They need to make the Pirates earn every yard. This will be a CLASSIC. But I'm not making a prediction.

yea cause you know your going to lose
It will be a massacre like I said in the other thread 42-6 Belfry
I'm going with P'burg
Belfry
tomahawkterror Wrote:It will be a massacre like i said in the other thread 42-6 belfry
Dont be so sure that Belfry will roll, this Blackcat team can crash some parties. If and I say "If" the Blackcats play next friday like they did tonight then watch out Pirates.
There will be BlackCat blood on Pond Creek next week.....
If Belfry plays hard they should win by aleast 2 tds, but it could be anyones game everyone thought that SC would run over Pburg but it was the other way around.

GO PIRATES TongueirateSho
tomahawkterror Wrote:There will be BlackCat blood on Pond Creek next week.....
Give it a rest. Your team lost. Just because you couldn't beat P-burg doesn't mean that P-burg will get killed by Belfry.
well said, I think from this year of football we've seen more than our share of games where "anything can happen on any given friday"
Like someone said earlier, if Prestonsburg can play like they did tonight then I think Prestonsburg will give them a shot. If the same P-burg shows up that showed up last time, then P-burg will be blown out early. Ummmm as for my prediction, I still think Belfry has the upper hand. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm gonna say Belfry by 10.
IM not mad cause my team got beat. I just call it how i see it, and if you wasn't blinded by your love for your program other than the knowledge of the game you would think diffrent.
Seriosuly people...SC will not be involved next week, they dont need to be involved in this thread!!!
I know this Im just supporting the better team and the Blackcat fans can't handle it go Belfry
Tomahawk, did you not read my post? I was a graduate of Prestonsburg, yes. But I also said that I feel that Belfry has the upperhand on Prestonsburg and predicted "my team" to lose. When I predict, I call what I see, not what my heart wants me to think. Of course I want P-burg to win, but I don't think it's going to happen.
I am a graduate of Sheldon Clark and watching how Belfry played us it was clear to see that their defense sorta layed down in the second half. Im just saying P-Burg doesnt have a chance im sorry but me and you both know it good night football fans......
I give the edge to Belfry.
Aaahh, so it's time again, I had a feelin' this game was comming and I'm so excited, I love it when P-burg plays Belfry, it's always great!!!...This game is going to be a good one, it's going to be alot closer than what ever one thinks, BUT the Pirates will end up killing them in the 4th making them win it..

39-21

Or, I could be completly wrong, the Pirates might kill them all the way through the game , who knows until friday when the lights turn on, the music is loud and the boys are ready to play at CAM.

If it's said like above the score will be

49-0

GO PIRATES LET'S HEAD STRIGHT FOR STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I'm going with P'burg

Good luck with that!! =)
The final meeting between two great teams.....

My hat goes off to Prestonsburg for the way that you guys have turned your program around from last years disappointing season to this one.

I have alot of respect for the Prestonsburg program and have some great friends from P'Burg, and I really wish them a injury free game against Belfry.

I am a Belfry graduate, so my loyalties have to be with the Pirates. I know that Prestonsburg will come to Belfry ready for a battle and will probably give us one for a solid half...but in the end I think Belfry wins the war by 14+.

Belfry -49
Prestonsburg -17

:Skull03: [size=7]GO PIRATES !!!:Skull03: [/size]
Belfry, but not 42-6 like some are predicting. I'd wager on 2 TD's
Ok people...let's really evaluate this meeting between these 2 programs:

1. This is the one of the best rivalries in the State of Kentucky. It is always an amazing atmosphere and exciting game to watch.

2. Belfry has beaten P-burg this year, p-burg beat SC (twice), and SC beat Belfry (which I even hate to type)

3. Belfry has the upper hand in this game, unless P-burgs offense has came together during their last couple of games.

4. The Pirates have the homefield advantage (I Love Cam Stadium but still miss Vipperman)

5. I do believe that Belfry is the better coached team.

6. I would never predict a blowout in this game, because I'm smart enough to know that anything can happen on any given night (i.e. Belfry/SC) and between these two teams, that is even more true

I will say that I think that Belfry will be the winner come Friday night. They will not take their win over Prestonsburg in the regular season as a sure given win this coming Friday like a lot of fans will. Coach Haywood will have the Pirates ready for the battle.

Good Luck Pirates!!!!
Belfry has won 7 out of the last 10 and 7 in row! The last meeting was a 42 to 10 win at the Cam by Belfry. 32 will be the spread for this game!
Belfry can't over look PBurg cause they are a good team. I'm taking PBurg in a close one.
I think Belfry will win
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5