Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Championship
Tyler Jones needs 107 yards more passing to break 1,000 yards passing. Marcus Frazier has 524 yards receiving. Not too bad all this coming from a team who is mostly run and smack you in the jaw.
When was the last time Russell had a qb break 1,000 yards passing? I would say 97 or 98. I think thats when Drew Ramey was there.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:When was the last time Russell had a qb break 1,000 yards passing? I would say 97 or 98. I think thats when Drew Ramey was there.

1998 Tyler Wyant threw for 1,516 yards. Eric Day had 1,097 yards recieving. That is the only time that Russell has had a QB throw for more than 1,000 yards in a season. It is also the only year in which a Russell has had a 1,000 yard reciever for the season.

Ramey was more of a running QB. Rushed 1,469 yards in 1996. He threw for 579 yards that season.
FBALL Wrote:1998 Tyler Wyant threw for 1,516 yards. Eric Day had 1,097 yards recieving. That is the only time that Russell has had a QB throw for more than 1,000 yards in a season. It is also the only year in which a Russell has had a 1,000 yard reciever for the season.

Ramey was more of a running QB. Rushed 1,469 yards in 1996. He threw for 579 yards that season.

Thanks I know Tyler Jones has the chance to do somthing that isn't done often at Russell with 893 yards passing if we go far.
Midee1 Wrote:But honestly who HAS tested Russell?

look at last years team...at this point of the year who had tested russell but boyd??? but who brought the rings back?? russell :devilflam
littlechall Wrote:look at last years team...at this point of the year who had tested russell but boyd??? but who brought the rings back?? russell :devilflam

Ashland
littlechall Wrote:look at last years team...at this point of the year who had tested russell but boyd??? but who brought the rings back?? russell :devilflam

Trust me I know all about last year. I was at every game. Same as this year. Boyd did not challenge us last year. They just absolutely kicked our butts. We went in unprepared and lost. Simple as that. As for Ashland this year. Yes that was a challenge. Both teams seemed evenly matched.
Lets go DEVILS !!!!!........go-fight-win...... man I love that cheer...almost as good as Ice cream and cake, or peanut butter jelly time...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:Lets go DEVILS !!!!!........go-fight-win...... man I love that cheer...almost as good as Ice cream and cake, or peanut butter jelly time...

The thing about this whole post that really scares me is the fact that I have SEEN you do the Ice cream and cake dance. Smile
russelldevils54 Wrote:the 2-a state title, in my book is up for grabs.. its about who shows up to play and who wants it the most.....i honestly don't know who will win..whether it be mercer, russell, belfry.....

:thumpsup: I agree
Everyone who has seen Russell play this year says, they aint showing there heart,,, and that was true, but the last game against East they showed up to play. And I would guess that they will do it this friday against Fleming
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
russelldevils54 Wrote:the 2-a state title, in my book is up for grabs.. its about who shows up to play and who wants it the most.....i honestly don't know who will win..whether it be mercer, russell, belfry......(so on and so on) i do know that if russell doesnt figure out whats going on and startt comming to play then they're not goin anywhere.:eek:

Totally true, at this point it could belong to anyone. Still I have to hope for the Pirates!TongueirateSho
Mercer Vs. Belfry/Middlesboro
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Mercer will win it. they are a 3A team playing in 2A.
russelldevils54 is exactley right because if russell dont come out ready to bash some heads, pumped up, then they arent going to have it in them to beat belfry.. or even sc. if they upset belfry..THEN AGAIN WHEN RUSSELL COMES OUT AND PLAYS THE WAY THEY CAN THEN NO ONE IN 2A COULD BEAT THEM..
yes i do attend NKU and yes i did play for newport last year... i was an offensive right guard and defensive strong side end, #55. You are right about coach Ivan, he has a track record with putting good teams together, and all i hear is Russell Russell Russell, i still have to stick with my previous choice of Russell all the way, so if the chance is out there for Russell not to go on and win state, prove me wrong
ukno08 Wrote:russelldevils54 is exactley right because if russell dont come out ready to bash some heads, pumped up, then they arent going to have it in them to beat belfry.. or even sc. if they upset belfry..THEN AGAIN WHEN RUSSELL COMES OUT AND PLAYS THE WAY THEY CAN THEN NO ONE IN 2A COULD BEAT THEM..

SC is out..
nptnorse06 Wrote:yes i do attend NKU and yes i did play for newport last year... i was an offensive right guard and defensive strong side end, #55. You are right about coach Ivan, he has a track record with putting good teams together, and all i hear is Russell Russell Russell, i still have to stick with my previous choice of Russell all the way, so if the chance is out there for Russell not to go on and win state, prove me wrong

Mine was the NG and RT. #53
He's up there in commonwealth.

I'm going to have to go all the way with you. I hope this team has the drive and determination that last years bunch did. I guess we'll see in the weeks to come.
This Russell team has the weapons to repeat as champions but I believe that they need to come out focused every game now. I heard how focused they were last week and I hear that are focused this week maybe just maybe now we will see the REAL Devils that we have been expecting for the last couple of weeks.
Russell and Mercer Co.

Mercer Co winning the 2A state title!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Mercer will win it. they are a 3A team playing in 2A.
3A, 2A, there is not much of a difference IMO when you take the top teams. I have seen many 2A teams beat 3A teams, so I do not think that class matters when you talk about top teams because all know how to play ball.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Mercer is 5A in the new system....... but playing as AA.
Devilologist Wrote:Mercer is 5A in the new system....... but playing as AA.

But Russell is 3A in the new system.Confusedhh:
Midee1 Wrote:But Russell is 3A in the new system.Confusedhh:
And my point is this,, if you have the numbers to play in 5A next year ,, why are you not playing in it now,, so you can get some playing, practice time to compete with the bigger boys??? Just does not seem clear why it is happening... BUT this is why I picked MERGER to be on the carpet...
Man you really need to shrink that signature. It makes me have to move my screen side to side to read it.:redboxer:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:3A, 2A, there is not much of a difference IMO when you take the top teams. I have seen many 2A teams beat 3A teams, so I do not think that class matters when you talk about top teams because all know how to play ball.
No way in hell the TOP 2A would beat the TOP 3A.
The top 2A teams would get rolled by a Highlands or Cov.Cath easily.
I agree Brahma that a Top 2A team can beat an average 3A team, A top 2A team can even play with or beat a good 3A team, But TOP 2A vs. TOP 3A would be a blow-out.
Even Mercer would get smashed vs. a top 3A like Highlands, Bowling green, Cov.Cath or Lex.Cath.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:No way in hell the TOP 2A would beat the TOP 3A.
The top 2A teams would get rolled by a Highlands or Cov.Cath easily.

Thats your opinion but im sure that Russell could hold their own with Highlands or Cov Cath if they could hold there own with Lex Cath in 2000.
2000 was 6 years ago..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
cap
crazytaxidriver Wrote:2000 was 6 years ago..

Like I didn't know that. I was simply saying u can never count Russell out and I truly believe that Russell would make a game out of it with any of them teams like Cov Cath, Highlands,Lex Cath and you can't Never count Russell out of anything.