Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2A Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Which two teams are goin to Papa John's come December 1?

My guess is Russell and Mercer County
im lookin for some upsets and im goin say sc and mercer
Mercer getting upset...Russell and undefeated Western...Russell WINS.:rockon: :devilflam :1:
JFLDAD Wrote:Mercer getting upset...Russell and undefeated Western...Russell WINS.:rockon: :devilflam :1:

western is not undefeated they lost 1 game
Will there be any teams from EKY coming to central or Western Kentucky to play semi-final games? I look for Mercer to win it all unless they really have a bad game. But it can happen.
belfry, mercer
the great one is me Wrote:western is not undefeated they lost 1 game
Im sorry Washington Co. beat them,but Im sticking with these two.
JFLDAD Wrote:Mercer getting upset...Russell and undefeated Western...Russell WINS.:rockon: :devilflam :1:
Russell has to get past a tough Belfry club first.:devilflam
got that right
JFLDAD Wrote:Russell has to get past a tough Belfry club first.:devilflam

No you have got it wrong Russell will have to get past a tough Sheldon Clark club first.
the great one is me Wrote:no u got wrong russell will have to get past a tough sc club first

i have to agree w/ this, i believe SC will be the one to beat from region 4
Nope Belfry, SC can't and won't beat them twice in the same season. Haywood and Co. won't let it happen.
If Sheldon Clark does beat Belfry agian where would the Russell and Sheldon Clark game be played at?
RHS 08 Wrote:If Sheldon Clark does beat Belfry agian where would the Russell and Sheldon Clark game be played at?

I'm thinking Russell will travel for Regionals this year. We hosted last year.
kysportsguru Wrote:Nope Belfry, SC can't and won't beat them twice in the same season. Haywood and Co. won't let it happen.

I don't think that SC can beat them twice in one season either.
kysportsguru Wrote:Nope Belfry, SC can't and won't beat them twice in the same season. Haywood and Co. won't let it happen.

hm im pretty sure they've done it before, and if u've done it once, u can do it again, had belfry not dominated playoffs around here for so long id be all for them to win, but id like to see a change for once in 2A playoffs
RHS 08 Wrote:If Sheldon Clark does beat Belfry agian where would the Russell and Sheldon Clark game be played at?

it will be at SC since is a even number year
i think you're right
Panther#42 Wrote:i have to agree w/ this, i believe SC will be the one to beat from region 4
SC certainly proved that they have found something that worked against Belfry, coming back the way they did, so the district is up in the air IMO.
Panther#42 Wrote:hm im pretty sure they've done it before, and if u've done it once, u can do it again, had belfry not dominated playoffs around here for so long id be all for them to win, but id like to see a change for once in 2A playoffs
Actually,, I don't think SC has EVER beat Belfry twice in a year

Belfry has a definitive advantage being able to host the playoffs. The Pirates haven't lost on turf all year and weill get to finish the year on the synthetic surface. The fact that Russell should make it to the state semi-finals by defeating teams from the consensus weakest district in the state, then defeat a Corbin team who will enter 6-5 really will help the Pirates IMO.

The Pirates have a tough row to hoe having to presumably get by, in order, #6 SC, #4 Middlesboro, #2 Russell, and then possibly #1 Mercer to win the title. IF,,, Belfry can take care of business... then they definately would have earned the title LOL
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:SC certainly proved that they have found something that worked against Belfry, coming back the way they did, so the district is up in the air IMO.
I don't know so much if it was something that SC found as it was something that Belfry forgot... namely missed tackles and porr kick coverage. Give credit where it was due, SC still had to punch it in and they still had to score more frequently than Belfry to make that comeback.
jfldad is right i mean russell has not seen a big,strong,phisical team yet and i think that belfry will be the team to test them.
I will say no way Mercer would have lost to Washington co, any time or any conditions.
Mercer and Middlesboro.
Remember, guys...Sheldon Clark has to get past Prestonsburg FIRST!!!!

It's definitely going to be Mercer Co. I'm not sure who the other will be.
Moe Wrote:Mercer and Middlesboro.
I can't go back on my prediction now, Even though I don't think Mercer would have lost to Washington, I still say from top to bottom Western has played a tougher schedule than Mercer.
Mercer would beat Washington co. any time .......BUT...........I still say we see a Western/Mercer regional. I'm still picking a Western/Middlesboro 2A championship. Western has the atheletes to beat anyone in 2A on a given day.
Remember what I say,,,,,,Western still wins it in 2A this year.
Mercer and SC
Merger vs Russell or Belfry. No reason to think it won't come down to those three.

I kind of like the fact that people are looking at Russell as an untested team.
redfan Wrote:Remember, guys...Sheldon Clark has to get past Prestonsburg FIRST!!!!
Thats what I was thinking, I'm not 100% sure SC will beat Prestonsburg.
Pages: 1 2 3 4