Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 17 Bell County 14
Agree 100%
Hats off to Middlesboro coaching staff, who COMPLETELY out coached Bell's coaching staff.. It drives me crazy to watch Bell's offense in games they can't run the ball.. Middlesboro was bringing the house EVERY PLAY but we continued to run run run run run run run up the gut.. QB couldn't even get handoffs off without being hit.. I understand that Bell has this reputation of "smash mouth" football and all, but it's time to get with the program.. Spread it out and throw the ball.. And whoever said Wayne Mills is a better coach than Dudley Hilton, that's ridiculous.. Dudley Hilton won 3 state championships, has won 350 games, and knew when it was time to open up the playbook! His teams have always came to play in big games, and rarely lost.. Wayne Mills has never actually won a big game, ever.. Yeah, he's won games he was supposed to win.. But in his days at Knox and at Bell that actually meant something and mattered, whether it be a district, rivalry, or playoff game, he's never been able to get if done
Great atmosphere and game. Mboro done an excellent job of capitalizing on Bell mistakes and forcing some mistakes as well. Pittman on defense was the difference. Edwards made some timely throws when Mboro needed them. Mboro had less than 200 yards offense but still won. Pittman and Barton I would guess had less than 50 yds rushing. Bell had over 300 at least but too many fumbles and penalties. The cramps really hurt Bell in second half.

Great job by Mboro and good luck the rest of the year. Bell showed they still have a lot of work to do but the season is far from over!!!
Congrats on the big win Coach Massingill! Smile
Crow don't taste good I was bad wrong on this one which shows me I don't know nothing. However, with that being said, and my lack of football knowledge, we have the most predictable offense I've ever seen. Would be nice to see a few more misdirection plays Congrats to the jackets. Go Bobcats! Proud of our boys!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Great atmosphere and game. Mboro done an excellent job of capitalizing on Bell mistakes and forcing some mistakes as well. Pittman on defense was the difference. Edwards made some timely throws when Mboro needed them. Mboro had less than 200 yards offense but still won. Pittman and Barton I would guess had less than 50 yds rushing. Bell had over 300 at least but too many fumbles and penalties. The cramps really hurt Bell in second half.

Great job by Mboro and good luck the rest of the year. Bell showed they still have a lot of work to do but the season is far from over!!!

I would say that when the official stats come out, you will be disappointed in your yardage estimations. Middlesboro moved the ball every bit as much as Bell County did.

Coach Massengill displayed some clutch play calling. The half back pass from Pittman to Brock for a touchdown on 4th and 8 was genius.

Combine that with the passing play to Pittman on the game winning drive in the last minute of play and you find the difference between a win and a loss. I couldn't be more proud of the MHS coaching staff. They were the difference in what was otherwise a very evenly matched game.
To Shotgun...Do not ever private message me again and threaten me posing as Randy Frazier's brother. I spoke nothing but the truth and I knew what I was talking about. Maybe I should not have mentioned Frazier's kid, but parents need to leave kids out of their vengeful actions. I think Frazier needs to move on, take some time off to deal with his anger issues. Things may not have happened like they should have, but they happened and nothing is going to change it.
Number One Fan Wrote:To Shotgun...Do not ever private message me again and threaten me posing as Randy Frazier's brother. I spoke nothing but the truth and I knew what I was talking about. Maybe I should not have mentioned Frazier's kid, but parents need to leave kids out of their vengeful actions. I think Frazier needs to move on, take some time off to deal with his anger issues. Things may not have happened like they should have, but they happened and nothing is going to change it.
WTF??? lol... Seriously though can we just stop with the frazier and massengill stuff already... If we dont its gonna hurt my jackets and the bobcats season... Lets just embrace the moment that we have two great football squads in one county.. The games over and like I said in an earlier post it was one of the best games i've seen these two teams put on.. I now hope Jackets and Bobcats make some noise the rest of the season and represent this area well... stuff happened that shouldn't have .. Both Frazier and Massengill are great coaches..
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I would say that when the official stats come out, you will be disappointed in your yardage estimations. Middlesboro moved the ball every bit as much as Bell County did.

Coach Massengill displayed some clutch play calling. The half back pass from Pittman to Brock for a touchdown on 4th and 8 was genius.

Combine that with the passing play to Pittman on the game winning drive in the last minute of play and you find the difference between a win and a loss. I couldn't be more proud of the MHS coaching staff. They were the difference in what was otherwise a very evenly matched game.

Again Congrats Middlesboro You guys have a good team as well!!As for the STATS well then some one post them everyone would like to see them!!!:Thumbs:
BobcatForever Wrote:Again Congrats Middlesboro You guys have a good team as well!!As for the STATS well then some one post them everyone would like to see them!!!:Thumbs:
agree... I'd say with these two defenses the stats aren't gonna be that pretty... lol... And good luck to Bell I hope they do well... I just wish people would have listened when everyone was saying this was gonna be a blowout and stuff before.. But I understand when a team wins year in and year out against their rivals I guess it just comes that way... I'm proud to be a jacket so we gotta take in these last two years and embrace it lol... I sure hope we dont play bell next year though lol...
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:agree... I'd say with these two defenses the stats aren't gonna be that pretty... lol... And good luck to Bell I hope they do well... I just wish people would have listened when everyone was saying this was gonna be a blowout and stuff before.. But I understand when a team wins year in and year out against their rivals I guess it just comes that way... I'm proud to be a jacket so we gotta take in these last two years and embrace it lol... I sure hope we dont play bell next year though lol...

I agree also like I said to good teams in a defensive slobberknocker hate that someone had to lose but they did just unfortunately it was us didn't figure it would be a blow out either way Good luck to Boro on rest of the season!!!
Good job Jackets,
Bell County had no answer for a blitzing Pittman... He caused Bell's line to jump several times , forced the turnover that resulted in the TD and made several tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Reminds me of Branham the way he gets through the line...
Intimidator Wrote:Bell County had no answer for a blitzing Pittman... He caused Bell's line to jump several times , forced the turnover that resulted in the TD and made several tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Reminds me of Branham the way he gets through the line...
Nobody has an answer for a blitzing Pittman... He times that snap so perfectly... the way he blitzes it will throw the offense into a false start almost every other possession... He will go offides probally 5 times this year total though... You talking about a defensive stud... He can run the ball the throw the ball catch the ball but most of all nobody notices what a defensive player this kid is...
The most shocking score of the night and a signature win for the jackets.
mysonis55 Wrote:The most shocking score of the night and a signature win for the jackets.
not that shocking to me but people wouldn't listen..
Intimidator Wrote:Bell County had no answer for a blitzing Pittman... He caused Bell's line to jump several times , forced the turnover that resulted in the TD and made several tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Reminds me of Branham the way he gets through the line...
Correction ... I just seen the replay and it was #54 Jared Hoskins who hit #22 Austin Caldwell causing the turnover that lead to a Middlesboro TD ... Still it was Pittman who rushed the QB/HB exchange.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsovertime
Intimidator Wrote:Correction ... I just seen the replay and it was #54 Jared Hoskins who hit #22 Austin Caldwell causing the turnover that lead to a Middlesboro TD ... Still it was Pittman who rushed the QB/HB exchange.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsovertime
where did you watch the replay???
nvm lol
Where did you get a Frazier/Massengill thing in what I said? This has nothing to do with coaches.
Why don't we celebrate our win, you guys are just making most of us look bad. We beat a good Bell team and it takes away from a great win.

I said we would win again and we did. Great job!
Stop with all this nonsense. It's a high school football game. Go do something productive with your lives
:rage:
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I would say that when the official stats come out, you will be disappointed in your yardage estimations. Middlesboro moved the ball every bit as much as Bell County did.

According to Bell stats on khsaa:

Bell 226 rushing
44 passing.

Middlesbrough: 111 rushing
125 passing

So it was 270 yards to 236. Pretty close.
Hatz Wrote::rage:

According to Bell stats on khsaa:

Bell 226 rushing
44 passing.

Middlesbrough: 111 rushing
125 passing

So it was 270 yards to 236. Pretty close.

Look like we moved the ball pretty good penalties killed both team Bell had 9 for 75 yards Boro had 8 for 90 yds
Both teams are on to Bigger and better things!!! Bell will be tough to beat with the extra 6 coaches on the field of play!
Bell will be just fine in there class , they are big and strong and really good at the skill position. I will be pulling for em to make a deep run in the playoffs.
Not on this site much anymore, as I am writing for a website and do not have much time for this.
However, I did want to stop by and brag on my Yellow Jackets. Played an amazing game. It was the most interesting high school football game I've ever watched.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Middlesboro was up 14-6 with 3:33 left, until Bell tied it up 14-14 with 56 seconds left. The air was sucked out of Middlesboro.
But the team responded in amazing fashion, with a 56 second drive to win on a Tanner Hoskins field goal.
We went absolutely crazy. The place exploded. I think you have to live in Bell County to really realize the hate between these two schools. It's real. And the fans got a treat.
I'm telling you, this Jackets team is special this year.
[Image:

]
This group of SR's have played together longer than most pro teams , I remember seeing em when they was 7-8 years old running around on the football field hitting somebody , this group is really special and the sky is the limit. go get em Jackets!!!!
Mills is doing a fine job at Bell. Let the guy coach. He runs a class program.

Middlesboro played with a lot of energy while not executing good at times but fought through some adversity and Mboro got the win. Hats off to both squads and a great hs atmosphere for early on in the season. Both will be respected competitors in their classes. Best of luck and hope both stay healthy. Excellent high school fb game.
Nailed this one.

Gave Bell false hope all week

Whitley tricked Bell into making them think they were good Confusednicker: