Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Hager out at Sheldon Clark
Not trying to make a joke... but this has all the makings of a bad Made For TV Movie.

You can bet that if a sewer problem such as what happened in the SC locker room Friday night happened at a shopping center, hospital or on a city street..... and if it had been reported prior to the incident & nothing was done to fix it. The person who reported it SHOULD be covered under the Whistleblower Protection Act. If the administration knew about the problem... and didn't fix it or atleast close down the area until it was fixed.... my friend, that falls on them. Let's hope that none of the players from Sheldon Clark or Betsy Layne end up catching a virus or disease from the sewage. I wasn't there, but the way the news and witnesses are telling it, the SC players had to wade ankle deep sewer water in their locker room.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I wasn't there either, and I didn't see anything first hand.

However, that being said, the superintendent said on WYMT last night that this was due to one damaged toilet. I thought that was an asinine statement. IMO, he was clearly understating the problem.
WYMT coverage of the situation

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...41081.html
It has been flooding off and on for years. Getting worse every year. It flooded when I was in school there. I thought it was a joke when they built the new field and didn't replace the field house. When we played Highlands they complained about the guest locker room until we showed them ours. The problems in Martin Co are just unbelievable. No support. This is why Matney left. Hager has given alot to the community because he could have left as well but stayed and this is the thanks the Superintendent gives him. This is the same super that wanted to cut the pay of all the coaches and hire an additional staff member at the board for 80k a year but didn't even have a job description for the position.
Granny Bear Wrote:I saw an interview on WYMT with Ms. Harless.

I happen to admire her along with the Coach for having enough guts to stand up and support the kids in this kind of situation. There is NO excuse for it.

You guys know how much I love mountain football, but I gotta wonder if the politics are this horrendous at other school systems. I'm not singling out Martin County, I'm talking about the high schools in the Appalachian Mountains. It's truly a shame.

Trust me, it is much worse than people realize.

There a very, very few good guys in the higher ups of education.
region Wrote:Trust me, it is much worse than people realize.

There a very, very few good guys in the higher ups of education.
Sadly there is little accountability for administrators in the public school system.
When the boys don't dress and they have to forfeit games which cost the school money, they will understand. 5k a game right? He might not even come back at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
WYMT said he was rehired
Here is the board meeting where this spurred from. You can tell at several points that the Super had it in his head that he was going to come down on the coaching staff for "dirty" facilities. Even commenting near the end of the video when someone asks about it being cleaned up by Fridays game with the answer of "It will be after I talk to the coaching staff" with a smirk on his face and that I'm the boss and it's their fault attitude. I watched the entire Meeting with parents at the field and the BoE meeting an it's very obvious that this super is definitely a d-bag.

[YOUTUBE="Board Meeting"]5nTqM3zXjQ0[/YOUTUBE]
former Wrote:WYMT said he was rehired

I hope this is the case.

Edit: Looks like WYMT is indeed reporting this rehire on Twitter.
Praise him and his channel locks for saving the day. He directly put the blame on the coaching staff. Don't know the coach from Adam but I hope he gets his job back. Smug people like this horses ass put a bad name on the educational system and I hope he is run out of town. JC will gladly nominate Tim Adams to take his spot. He is a fan of sports, supports students and also a defenisve guru for the JC high school basketball team.
Lynch47 Wrote:Praise him and his channel locks for saving the day. He directly put the blame on the coaching staff. Don't know the coach from Adam but I hope he gets his job back. Smug people like this horses ass put a bad name on the educational system and I hope he is run out of town. JC will gladly nominate Tim Adams to take his spot. He is a fan of sports, supports students and also a defenisve guru for the JC high school basketball team.

My reaction when I read the bolded section.......

:CE_DP_Ste :drooling:
I for one, would love Tim Adams to be the super in Martin Co
they need to hire someone from the county that knows the people and cares about the people. No offense to Tim Adams but johnson county isnt hiring no super from martin county are they.
If anyone is traveling in Martin County today please be careful. Superintendant Meadows has been seen racing around Inez in reverse all day at very high speeds. He is the gentleman with his foot in his mouth and his head up his.....
So has Hager been re-hired???
They need someone who is for ALL the kids. Previous local supers have been a little too tunnel visioned (I.e. "Me, my, me, my kids" etc) and that was apparently the reason they went with someone with no local ties, to try and straighten out finances, etc. Now, I'm NOT supporting Meadows nor putting anyone on blast. I'm not even from Martin County, I'm just repeating what I've been told by people in the educational system higher up and independent of MC schools.
That's part of Martin County's problem, nepotism. It doesn't matter where the superintentent is from as long as they are there for the kids. I think MC lost the best on county candidate to Lawrence Co this year and he's not coming back.
cardsrule Wrote:they need to hire someone from the county that knows the people and cares about the people. No offense to Tim Adams but johnson county isnt hiring no super from martin county are they.

Who cares where he is from as long as the job gets done and is personable. That would beat the hell out that weasel you have there right now. Tim has put the time in and would be a fine leader for any school in the area. His track record of athletic success with the basketball team, supporting students by reaching out to colleges for scholarships proves that he's a student first type of guy. I think he needs a chance and Martin Co would not be disappointed. For your last statement, look the school system was taken over by the state or is about ready to because of its finances. JC's Super spot doesn't come open very often, so with the previous track record of your Super it was probably not likely for him to get a sniff at getting the Johnson Co job. Could it happen, sure if the timing was right for all parties.
to hell with nepotism if you wont help your family out who will you help?????
I understand ITZ, but sometimes that tunnel vision by going family first in professional business matters bypasses a stronger candidate for one with lesser qualifications and experience.
Martin County needs someone from out of the area to run the school system. Nepotism/favoritism is what destroyed the MC school system. It's good to take care of family and friends if their qualified to do their jobs. Most of the teachers, coaches, aids etc. hired in MC over the last 10 years were not qualified. That's why the school system and sports are in the shape they are in now.
If I am not mistaken, that is our first away game. Interesting!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Here is the board meeting where this spurred from. You can tell at several points that the Super had it in his head that he was going to come down on the coaching staff for "dirty" facilities. Even commenting near the end of the video when someone asks about it being cleaned up by Fridays game with the answer of "It will be after I talk to the coaching staff" with a smirk on his face and that I'm the boss and it's their fault attitude. I watched the entire Meeting with parents at the field and the BoE meeting an it's very obvious that this super is definitely a d-bag.

[YOUTUBE="Board Meeting"]5nTqM3zXjQ0[/YOUTUBE]

Whoever the that lady board member is cudos wish Fairview had about 5 BOE members like her
Ms. Harless is my new hero!
Sounds like the superintendent has got the board about to turn on him. This will get real ugly. It is amazing that financial trouble is not as important as crap in the locker room.
Has Meadows been shown the door yet with a swift kick in the a$$?
cougarpride08 Wrote:If I am not mistaken, that is our first away game. Interesting!

Bring your Rubber Boots with You sounds like its Deep in Martin Co. literally! Confusednicker:
Let me give an outsiders take on this entire mess after watching the BOE and Parents Meeting. Meadows just gives off this air of condescension in nearly every word I heard that came out of his mouth. He seemed genuinely threatened when anybody takes his word as anything less then straight from a rock hewn tablet from Mount Sinai. So basically he's like 99.9% of all BOE Supers I've ever known. Now enter Ms. Harless who flat out opens up a can on Meadows and his flunky over next to him on live TV. Meadows knows he can't do anything to Ms. Harless. So, like any bully whose been stood up to, he goes and fires the football coach to feel better about himself. The funny thing is...Meadows actually believed he could do this and nobody would question him about it. By the look on his face at the parents meeting....he truly didn't expect them to be upset about it. Anyone from Martin County in the know. How far off base am I here?
You think this situation (the firing of the coach over a maintenace issue) would have would have happened at Highlands, Trinity, Mayfield, Cov. Cath or Ashland??

- If the coaching staff advised the administration about the problem with the sewer system and admin. didn't try to correct it, then that falls on the adminstration.

- If the administration and maint. dept. worked on the sewer system and thought it was fixed... but this incident happened at a bad time. Then there is nothing nobody can say.

From what the news has reported and what people have told me.... everybody in Martin County knew about the sewer problems in the locker room at SC for some time now.

I haven't heard this mentioned yet.... but if the SC players had to walk through sewer water and the sewage got on their uniforms & equipment, the referee crew should have been notified and the game should have been postponed until Saturday. That is a health hazard. If a player has to change their equipment/uniform if blood is spotted, then I know there is no way the referee's would have let the game be played after the SC kids had to walk through sewer water.