Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shawn Hager out at Sheldon Clark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just saw a SCHS student tweet Coach Hager was fired for "standing up for the kids" no confirmation as to why, but it appears Hager has been fired.
Hate to hear this for Shawn. Hopefully he lands on a staff somewhere. Perhaps he could always come back home to Belfry.
I guess that means they will be looking for a baseball coach as well.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Just saw a SCHS student tweet Coach Hager was fired for "standing up for the kids" no confirmation as to why, but it appears Hager has been fired.

Not only a good coach but a great guy...
BelfryPride Wrote:Hate to hear this for Shawn. Hopefully he lands on a staff somewhere. Perhaps he could always come back home to Belfry.

Was just thinking it would be great to have Coach Hager on staff at Prestonsburg - I've always loved the way he coaches up interior linemen. His guards and tackles have played HARD for him over the years.

Besides, it's only fair. Belfry has Coach Haywood (Prestonsburg native and alumnus). We should get Coach Hager !!

Confusednicker:
oneijoe Wrote:Was just thinking it would be great to have Coach Hager on staff at Prestonsburg - I've always loved the way he coaches up interior linemen. His guards and tackles have played HARD for him over the years.

Besides, it's only fair. Belfry has Coach Haywood (Prestonsburg native and alumnus). We should get Coach Hager !!

Confusednicker:
Don't think it will happen, but would like to see him on staff at Pikeville too. Bit of a hair trigger temper, but I agree, he coaches up linemen pretty well. He will be a positive addition to someone's staff. Will be interesting to hear the back story on this one, considering they just walloped Betsy Layne and face Pikeville this Friday.
oneijoe Wrote:Was just thinking it would be great to have Coach Hager on staff at Prestonsburg - I've always loved the way he coaches up interior linemen. His guards and tackles have played HARD for him over the years.

Confusednicker:

Belfry has about 15 Assistant Coaches...at least you have that going in your favor HAHA

Hate to hear this for Hager. Sheldon Clark has been dealt a rotten hand the past 4 or 5 years.
Another site says this is all over small town politics, a sorry Superintendent, and a board member who writes for the local paper. Anyone know the truth?
Everyone keeps saying how much they hate to hear this for Hager! What about the kids that are stuck there? Its not like the dude is not going to get another job. But the players now are going to be with out a Coach and a Good One at that. Sure they will hire someone else but with the season already underway. To bad Dudley jumped the gun to fast with Taylor Co. It is sad to see Sheldon Clark struggle and now this to happen.
Just saw this on twitter and it must be trending in Martin County.
Literally every student has tweeted about this. They definitely aren't happy with what's happened.

Also, appears this had something to do with the lockerooms.
Lots of the players were saying things like "we have been changing in a sewer".

& who is "Meadows"? The kids are acting like that's the "evil" person here lol.
Politics !!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure how it works but isn't there a fine the School would have to pay to Khsaa for not honoring the rest of the schedule? If that is true there you go Kids refuse to play thats one way to get idiots on the ball and things done. Talk loss of money to Superintendent and Board Members see how fast things start to get done!
Hearing that a meeting is taking place at 4pm today. Hate to hear this about Coach Hager. Sounds like he is being blamed for something that was out of his control.
MCMiner247 Wrote:Just saw this on twitter and it must be trending in Martin County.
Literally every student has tweeted about this. They definitely aren't happy with what's happened.

Also, appears this had something to do with the lockerooms.
Lots of the players were saying things like "we have been changing in a sewer".

& who is "Meadows"? The kids are acting like that's the "evil" person here lol.
I CAN tell you this, from my 3 trips to Sheldon Clark this year, the smell emanating from the locker room area DOES smell like a sewer. It has been commented on by people each time we've gone down there. Maybe this has something to do with it? I have no idea, just throwing this out there based on what you posted about someone saying they change in a sewer.
[Image: AXawKGI.png]

So apparently this may have something to do with it....
BCF4L Wrote:[Image: AXawKGI.png]

So apparently this may have something to do with it....
Well then. Can't say they didn't know. I've been 3 times since early August, and smelled it each time. Apparently an ongoing problem that finally erupted (no pun intended).
Hate to hear this for coach Hager and the players.
So wait the coach is out because a wife (whos wife Meadows or Hager) ask to fix a health hazard? How is a plumbing issue the fault of the coach?
Raw sewage and sewer gas are extremely dangerous. Sewer gas is explosive as well. If this is true this would be a clear violation of Ky State Plumbing Code and OSHA CFR title 29. If known about it shows a willful violation that has enhanced penalities including fines and possible criminal charges.
But who does that fall on? Is facilities an administration thing? Coach or AD? Was he the AD? I always assumed that something like this would fall under the Principal and not repairing something so dangerous should fall on his shoulders not the coaches
hearing from students supposbly there was a heated altercation at the school today between coach hager and the super which led to the firing. there is a lot of stories out there right now. we will have to wait and see
I have to say this is very sad to hear. But I can say everybody knows Chase is a basketball player and the only reason he is playing football this year is because he loves coach Hager and if he is not the coach then he will not play. I hope I'm not the only parent that feels this way because all he did was stand up for his kids . It is embarrassing to have visitors to walk to the consession stand because of the smell so quit trying to lay the blame on someone and just fix the problem:please::please::please:
Sounds like maybe: Coach wants problem fixed, ask about it, never fixed, asks again, never fixed, gets others to ask in a more formal manner, still nothing, feels need to do it for the well being of his players, gets into it with Super who won't fix the problem ($$$), fired.
If Hager is let go then someone is going to be a very lucky school to get him. Consequently Sheldon Clark athletics will be in a world of trouble.
it sounds like they fired the wrong guy. Meadows is the one that needs to go. How many coaches have as much support as hager does and sheldon clark football might be at an all time low with talent. People still appreciate the hard work he puts in which is nice.
The last thing Sheldon Clark needs is for their football coach to be fired.

They are already loosing families due to the decline in the coal business, they have lost players to other local schools.... they have been displaced from their high school, now their football coach gets fired over something like this.........

That is the blueprint for the cancellation of a program.

Coach Hager will land somewhere that he is appreciated. He's too good of a coach not to be on the sidelines somewhere.
heard he gave Meadows a head butt wow I would have too!...rally at football field now supporting Coach Hager!!
If I weren't stuck at work, I'd have driven for the support rally !!

From Prestonsburg, here's wishing nothing but the best for Coach Hager and his family... !!!
Same here from LC wishing Coach Hager and the Kids the best!!
Sounds like a power hungry Super. I don't blame Coach for wanting the problem fixed. Super needs to go, not Coach.
Pages: 1 2 3 4