Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 77 Perry central 60 Final
Zaga I warned you this would not be a good Valentines present for the wife. Smile

Congrats KCC. Very impressive win.
MidnightRider Wrote:So teams can't use a triangle two as a double team on a post player? I've seen it done many times! Jimmy V executed it really well against Ralph Sampson!

Let me get this straight, you are going to man to man two perimeter players which is what you do in a triangle and two, then you are gonna double team a post player, that leaves one man to guard the other two players!!!! Dang I would love my team to play against your team!!!
jacobcody2 Wrote:Which player on PCC can guard justice. PCC doors not have anybody that can guard him. Everybody talk about justify getting away with pushing off if the refs would get the defender off of him he might not have to push off. People talking about walks Beverly gets away with walking a lot.

Lol
Knott out hustled, out worked, and appeared to just want this more. I agree with whoever said Perry looked confused..

Camron Justice is special..when he puts on a show like last night with Evan also scoring in the 20's, no one in the 14th has a chance. Period.

ALSO whoever said Knott doesn't play well in Central KY (ie BallBoy) is an idiot.
This post is from a PCC homer:
The T to start the game was not good for PCC. They got started off on the wrong foot for sure. As a PCC homer I really wasn't worried about winning this game but I thought we would play better so credit KCC defense. I agree the calls wasn't great last night but that didn't beat PCC. Early in the 3rd quarter when Johnson got the T I think PCC was down 6/7 and it made his 4th foul and he had to sit. When that happened it really put PCC in a hard spot. I think he deserved the T becaaue I believe you shouldn't talk back to the ref. I also believe Cam deserved a T or 2 when he was arguing w/ the refs. I don't like for coaches to allow kids to complain to the refs and I don't care who the kid is!!!! Shut your mouth and play BBall. Beverly got hot in the 2nd half but PCC couldn't get any stops on the defensive end and it cost them! Cam was the best player on the floor last night & KCC deserved to win.

My thoughts on the game are the same as alot of you that have posted on here. I think Tobler is easily the 3rd best player on this team. I also agree that some of the kids y'all are talking about seems to play better w/ Beverly and Johnson but I'm not the coach and I don't know what happens in practice so it's hard for me to say anything else about that. I thought we may try a few diff things last night just to see what works but we pretty much stayed in man to man the whole night. I don't think that will be the case come tourney time if these 2 teams meet again. In all this game means nothing but bragging rights for a couple of weeks. KCC does look like the better team right now but the best team doesn't always go to Rupp. PCC will have to play better to win than they did last night.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Let me get this straight, you are going to man to man two perimeter players which is what you do in a triangle and two, then you are gonna double team a post player, that leaves one man to guard the other two players!!!! Dang I would love my team to play against your team!!!

Have you coached before? It's actually pretty simple. Hall is on a block, which ever block it may be doesn't matter because you place Tobler on Hall you then have Johnson roaming around him if he was to switch blocks then Johnson goes to the other block while Tobler roams.

Now as for the other three you obviously have a man at the top, two guys playing deeper on the wings, on Christon and Cornett or Salmons or whoever. This forces those guys to beat you from the outside and after watching countless Knott games I'll take my chances on letting those 3 beat me by not allowing Hall to have a field day.

When I say triangle and two I don't mean play a straight mathematical triangle you have your guys set up in different spots. Used this against many teams with a post presence, a dominant scorer, and 3 role players.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I was just curious to see if you knew the concept of a triangle and two. Obviously you don't!!!

I've seen teams use a triangle-two and have the "two" double team one person.

However, I always saw it at a much lower level of basketball than these two teams, the double team was never on a big man, and it never left a Camron Justice in the backcourt with three other players to eat up a triangle.

If they tried that against Knott I wouldn't be surprised to see Justice drop 70 points.
I mean if you were watching the game it wasn't hard to tell what happened.

Knott got off to a great start.
Perry ended the first half with a couple of big shots to cut it to four.
They traded baskets for a few minutes in the second half and then Johnson got hit with foul number four - BALLGAME
Perry was left with Damon to guard Hall and the rest of the small front line to contend with Knott's other guys on the boards and they don't have the manpower to do that.
Braxton got hot and if Perry could have took care of the glass and treaded water until JJ could have gotten back into the game they would have had a shot... but that's a big IF.

If these teams play again you know that it's going to go differently. Might be the same outcome. But it will be a different ballgame.

I think Shannon just tried to go up and down the floor and play man all night and see what happens. Knott didn't show much else either. They made a couple of changes coming out of halftime on the defensive end but that's it.
And Ballstar I agree about the arguing crap...
I've never seen a bunch of kids like the ones we've got here in the 14th that want to cry about every single call.

I sat behind one of the teams' benches and literally though one of these kids (who shall remain nameless) was going to cry after not getting a call on the last play in the third. I'm just upset that my wife had to hear what he said.
MidnightRider Wrote:Have you coached before? It's actually pretty simple. Hall is on a block, which ever block it may be doesn't matter because you place Tobler on Hall you then have Johnson roaming around him if he was to switch blocks then Johnson goes to the other block while Tobler roams.

Now as for the other three you obviously have a man at the top, two guys playing deeper on the wings, on Christon and Cornett or Salmons or whoever. This forces those guys to beat you from the outside and after watching countless Knott games I'll take my chances on letting those 3 beat me by not allowing Hall to have a field day.

When I say triangle and two I don't mean play a straight mathematical triangle you have your guys set up in different spots. Used this against many teams with a post presence, a dominant scorer, and 3 role players.

I have, and at much higher level than biddy league! What you have just described is not a triangle and two! And those three will beat two every time!!!
Ah boys...
Westside Wrote:Ah boys...

Ah boys...
zaga_fan Wrote:And Ballstar I agree about the arguing crap...
I've never seen a bunch of kids like the ones we've got here in the 14th that want to cry about every single call.

I sat behind one of the teams' benches and literally though one of these kids (who shall remain nameless) was going to cry after not getting a call on the last play in the third. I'm just upset that my wife had to hear what he said.
Unfortunately its not just the 14th, its the 15/16 as well. Seen it all year long with nearly every game I've watched. Its the way of the world don't you know? Why blame yourself when you can whine around and pretend like it's someone else's fault.
Coaches are as bad or worse than the kids. Whine about a call for 3-4 trips down the floor later. I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen a call changed 3-4 plays later cause a coach or player whined about it. Just saying...
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:This is getting old!!! Not funny!!!

How many did Ira have?
Hotdogs that is.
Congrats to KCC. Still at the top.
I feel like hazard will win the region if KCC doesn't.
I read over my post earlier and I meant Johnson had a mediocre game and Justice had a super game...
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I have, and at much higher level than biddy league! What you have just described is not a triangle and two! And those three will beat two every time!!!

NBA players play man for entire games those guys are much more athletic and much better than these high school players and grade schoolers so does that mean they shouldn't play man? No matter what level the same principles apply!

My main point here is pick your poison. I'd much rather limit hall down low for easy baskets and and 1's and hope for an off not from Justice. Like my chances much better that way. Switch guys out on guarding him.

As for those three beating me if they do they do! Hats off to them. Hazard did a nice job of this and those three combined for 22 points! That's the point. Teams around here have to force those three to beat them then if they do shake their hands and say that was our game plan!
Skunk

kcc skunked them

pcc isnt even top 3 in region..give me cordia an hhs for 2nd and 3rd
Overrated Wrote:Skunk

kcc skunked them

pcc isnt even top 3 in region..give me cordia an hhs for 2nd and 3rd

Skunked, lol. Haven't heard that word in years!! Nice
17 points.
Beat down.
I've seen PCC once against Hazard, and of course, coaches see their players everyday in practice. However, I totally agree with the starting five proposed by Zaga. I would also add that the offense should go through Tobler. His court awareness and team concept are
superior to Justice's. Beverly and Tobler inside out should be very effective.
So far, the difference I see in Pery vs. Knott and Perry vs. Hazard is simple. Knott and and Hazard both played Perry a pretty solid zone. Perry mostly stayed man to man against Hazard and Knott. To be honest, I don't think they are very good at it. They can't keep people out of the paint. In the last game, Hazard guards probably missed 12-15 shots in the paint - Knott guards made them. PCC has to either get better at man or switch some things up.

Look for Hazard and Knott to keep working on their zones. This will give PCC fits. Especially if they decide to chase Beverly. If Perry doesn't keep guards out of the paint, they are going to have to have some good fortune to make it out of the 14th.