Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central 77 Perry central 60 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Justice 41 pts and 17/17 free throws! Wow
14th still runs through knott county
Let me hear them commodores blow :biglmao:
I am definitely not for Perry, but I really felt sorry for them from the tip. They did not have a chance from the get go. The 2 bald headed bobble heads and the pageant dancing boy, are all Knott County homers. People complain about how Perry gets treated at home and how hard it is to win at their place, this was so much worse, and on top of that they played horrible compared to what they are capable of. Johnson is definitely not D1 material, if so, Hall is ready for the NBA right now, he ate him for dinner. Can't wait for the rematch in the Region, and it is at Perry with supposedly neutral refs, should be interesting. Good luck to both teams. Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!
I know this games means nothing but Knott proved once again they are the best in the region. Hall and Justice both with huge games. Cant wait until the regional tournament.
Justice needs 13 pts to break Knotts all time scoring record now.

Dang those refs..
bradc Wrote:14th still runs through knott county
Nope, the Region is at Perry, LOL. Knott will have to beat both Hazard and Perry both with their 4 players. Not a very easy task. Good luck to them though.TongueirateSho
Mix1 Wrote:Justice needs 13 pts to break Knotts all time scoring record now.

Dang those refs..

If they would of known they may of gave him 13 more free throws. They could of called a few more Technicals to help him out.:hilarious:
Let's hear the excuses looks like perry is not the favorite to win now they have been beaten by 2 teams in the region now. Perry got out played and out coached was never in the game.
Lol... It's Knott at the top,, and everyone else playing for runner up..
Never defeated always cheated
Johnson played a good 1 st half and Beverly played a good second half. couldn't put it together. Justice and hall were great.
The Boy Wonder was unstoppable tonight!
D1 you say that all three refs are Knott county homers but if I'm not mistaken spud is PCC alumni, I might be wrong. In the first half spud kept pcc in the game. I like to see the regional be on a neutral court instead at PCC because I think on a neutral court kcc is the better team.
Last year was at letcher and look what happened. I wish we had a place like the 15th. Home court is a big advantage.
Can't wait to hear Zaga's explanation.
Spud is definitely a PCC grad!
Congrats KCC and congrats Cam Justice. KCC is still the best team in the region. PCC looks confused from the start.
Evan Hall is the key for this Knott Co team and maybe their best true overall player. He really took it to them down low tonight and he's added mid range to his game. Johnson is overrated to me and Hall is better. Scary to think what Hall could do if he were a bit bigger. Johnson isn't WKU material. Maybe EKU or Morehead.

Beverly struggled early on and couldn't bail Perry out this time. Still an outstanding talent and he really makes all those role players around him better.

Justice gets away with that off hand push off a ton. He's a star I know but this isn't the NBA. He isn't deserving of the LeBron treatment. Or maybe I'm just crazy?

Perry came out flat and even though they dug themselves out of that hole it still ended up costing them late. Coach Hoskins was a fine player but his coaching skills aren't that of his playing. He should be using tobler to his advantage as well as more pick and roll action with Johnson and Beverly.

Knott really played well and took care of business. This region is wide open with these two, Cordia and Hazard. Don't forget about Breathitt either.
Mix1 Wrote:Lol... It's Knott at the top,, and everyone else playing for runner up..

After tonight I think so too..Confusederiously:
Buford T Justice Wrote:Let's hear the excuses looks like perry is not the favorite to win now they have been beaten by 2 teams in the region now. Perry got out played and out coached was never in the game.

It was a 4 point game at halftime - genius
I am a KCC fan, but I think Johnson will be alright at WKU, these games happen and he has put up huge numbers this year against top notch talent. I don't think you can judge a kid on one game. He'll be ok. Congrats to KCC good game, let's get ready for the next one.
Here is my explanation. KCC jumped out early and PCC never recovered. Was their bad calls yes their was. When Johnson got the T PCC fell apart. Did he deserve the T, I'm not sure. Didn't see it. Did the calls beat PCC, no. Did they help KCC, no. KCC didn't need any help tonight. Cam was the best player on the floor.
Alas, a beatdown.

I have to be quick tonight boys because it's Valentine's Day and the wife has plans that if I break I'll be in the doghouse until after the next time these teams play.

You get one last post from me tonight until I come back tomorrow and fight with all of you losers in the name of all that is good and Perry Central.

But anyway...
Knott hit shots and killed it on the boards and that won them the game.

Perry was one-and-done on countless trips while the Commodores gave Knott several looks at the basket each time.

Hoskins HAS to realize that his best lineup is Beverly, Turner, Toomer, Tobler and Johnson. I don't know if he's just saving that for later or what... but this Tyler Fugate and Justin Johnson business isn't going to get it done. Tobler and Johnson could have battled on the boards if JJ wasn't worried about looking up into the stands after every play.

Justice was unstoppable but they pretty much played him straight up... that won't happen come tournament time. He had 41 and went 17/17 from the FT line.

6 technical FTs for Justice is never going to end well. That's basically 6 pts these guys just let Knott have.

Congrats Knott on the win and I'm interested in seeing what these teams bring to the table in the postseason.

No "excuses" from me - as I never give excuses for a team to get beat by nearly twenty points. Although I'm sure you guys have been waiting for my "excuses" while I was driving home.

I'm a Perry fan, but I'm not blind. Going into this game I said Perry was the top team in the region and coming out of it I can't say that. Knott is the best team in the region right now.

But! (you knew it was coming)
I don't think you can take a lot from this game since you don't know what each team was holding and you didn't get to say Perry's best lineup (in my opinion) on the floor for any decent stretch of time. I think those five guys may have gotten in when it was too late for it to matter. I know for a fact that they were never on the floor together in the first 3 quarters.
Zaga you was right about 15 to 20 point spread for the game but just not the right team. On a neutral court kcc would win the region. PCC got to find somebody to be able to guard justice. They don't have any one that can guard him. If they meet in the 14th regional championship that could cost PCC. Justice is a player that could get 40 or more against pcc
I agree Zaga I don't understand why Tobler doesn't start? Maybe he's holding out for region but didn't he start some games early on? He's a brute and a perfect compliment to control the boards with Johnson.

Justice is a player and he can fill it up. Teams should triangle and two Hall literally put two guys on Hall and let Justice get his 25-35 and force the other 3 to help I wouldn't allow Hall to touch it. Which of course is easier said than done. Can't have Hall and Justice both hurt you if so your in for a long, long night.
Perry can't give Tobler significant minutes, he would foul out by halftime...
The 14th need to circle the wagon's. Knott Co. appears to be real deal!
14th is one of the most wide open regions in the state. 4 teams have a legit shot while Breathitt could be a sleeper. Don't count Estill out either. I've seen some crazy things happen in mountain regional tournaments.
Perry got took to the woodshed.

Can you say beat down.

Surprised it was this close
Pages: 1 2 3