Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach French Looking to Leave Boyle County?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Absolutely not!!!

Well, we now know that Chuck Smith ain't walkin' through that door, so whom would you consider a front-runner for the position? Is there a coach on staff (other than Perry, of course) that Boyle's fan base would consider a suitable candidate?
I would just like to know if French is staying or going???
Hester and Mason have been there for all 7 rings.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Hester and Mason have been there for all 7 rings.

Actually I think Mason is the only holdover from all championships. Hester was HC at Garrard when the run started
Mason has all seven rings, for sure
Just wandering how many state championships a coach has to win before Jack Lambert would want to keep them?
gitback coach Wrote:well, we now know that chuck smith ain't walkin' through that door, so whom would you consider a front-runner for the position? Is there a coach on staff (other than perry, of course) that boyle's fan base would consider a suitable candidate?

John Hodge!
jlow Wrote:Actually I think Mason is the only holdover from all championships. Hester was HC at Garrard when the run started

Mason is the only holdover from the beginning of the run and to the best of my knowledge one of Chuck Smiths last acts as head coach was releasing Chris Mason after the state title loss to Highlands for a DUI Mason received during the regular season and the only reason he's still there is that Chris Pardue wouldn't take the job unless they kept Mason.IMO Hester is the best coach on the current staff.
What has hodge really done? He got beaten by Belfry two years in a row with kids that he did not develop! Larry French has won 2 state championships Hester has 5 and Mason has 7! But it's time for them all to go and time to bring in a young coach that has 2 years head coaching experience at a school that played in 3A with great athletes that he didn't develop!
Obviously Jack really hates Mason! I never remember coach smith getting rid of him! But to say French has got to go is asinine! He's done a great job at Boyle and is a hall of fame coach!
I for one would like to see coach French stay! The team went 11-1 with a bunch of sophomores starting and playing!! But if he chooses to leave I would understand Boyle county is not the same as it was when Coach Smith was there and had complete support from top to bottom!
Jack Lambert Wrote:Mason is the only holdover from the beginning of the run and to the best of my knowledge one of Chuck Smiths last acts as head coach was releasing Chris Mason after the state title loss to Highlands for a DUI Mason received during the regular season and the only reason he's still there is that Chris Pardue wouldn't take the job unless they kept Mason.IMO Hester is the best coach on the current staff.

So you think they should bring in John Hodge, ask coach Hester to stay and clean house of the rest. Interesting, troubling, but interesting. You never know. You might get what you ask for. Just remember hindsight is usually clearer than foresight.
Hester may have changed his mind but in the past he has said he did not want the head coaching job.
I played for coach Smith and coach mason and coach mason was my o line coach! He is the best o line coach in the state and a really good offensive coordinator! Boyle won two state titles with him calling the plays! Playing for coach mason made basic training seem easy! He's tough but fair!
jlow Wrote:So you think they should bring in John Hodge, ask coach Hester to stay and clean house of the rest. Interesting, troubling, but interesting. You never know. You might get what you ask for. Just remember hindsight is usually clearer than foresight.

Hindsight's always 20/20.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I'm not spoiled I just want to win I don't care who the head coach is but I think we have 2 coaches who need to go and French is one of them I see things going south for Boyle if there is not a change in the near future.

I never said you were spoiled. As for the near future, I don't know. Boyle County will bring in a great team this year. As for the year after, I'm not sure.
WildDawg Wrote:Just a unbiased view here. Any team in the state would be lucky to have coach French at the helm. If I'm a Whitley fan I would be excited about the chances of French coaching my team. If any Boyle fans or personnel want French gone based off of on field results then you're spoiled and forgot what it's like to be mediocre.

You don't take chances on coaches when you have a established coach capable of winning you a state championship on any given year. That's just my take. Good luck regardless to Boyle County.

I would love to see French at Whitley Smile
Rebel diehard Wrote:Obviously Jack really hates Mason! I never remember coach smith getting rid of him! But to say French has got to go is asinine! He's done a great job at Boyle and is a hall of fame coach!

Jack doesn't hate anyone Smith letting Mason go was not made public I was told about it by a board member at the time it happened if you follow BC football closely you would know about it. ask your self a question why did Smith dress a 110 players his last year and we dressed around 45 this year it's not just because the numbers are down at BC, the numbers male student wise are not that much different than they were then interest is down in football with in the student body, BC has a lot of talent walking the halls again like they did before Smith arrived you have to know people with in and close to the program to know why this is happening I'm not gonna get on here and air a bunch of dirty laundry to the public I know things that are going on with in the program that maybe some don't I have my reasons for wanting a change Larry French is a fine person I'm not questioning this, in the end it's just my opinion that we need a change like it or not like me or not it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
On a side note I don't know anyone who likes Masons play calling if they will give you their honest opinion, I think he was a much better line coach.
I never remember Coach Smith carrying 110 players the most he or Coach Pardue had was 55-60! Now on the other hand Coach French had over a 100 his first couple years!
I don't always agree with all of the offensive play calls that coach mason makes but he has won 2 championships calling them! I don't always agree with Coach Cal and his offense at UK but he still has several national championships! I don't know how much closer I could get to the program I played in the program and am a responsible tax paying citizen in Boyle county. I go to all the games and all the middle school games and support the little league program by going to the games! I will never be negative towards the program that helped me develop into the man I am today! I choose to be positive and support any coaches that are at the high school! I know they work extremely hard and care about the kids!! I was on the team when Coach Mason got in trouble and he was never released by Coach Smith there was nothing to keep quit and everything was made public! I appreciate everything Coach Smith,Pardue,Mason,Hester, Crossman, and the other coaches have done for me and all my teammates! Coach French is a fine man and cares about the kids and I know Coach Smith was his assistant so they are cut from the same mode!
Coach Smith never carried 110 we were lucky to have 60 (9th-12th) graders! There were not 110 boys tough enough to play for coach smith in BCHS! Now coach French on the other hand had 110 his first year and last year had 55-60 which is normal for us! We only had about 15-18 that played varsity when we had our run!
We probably had 8-10 sophomores that played both varsity (specialties) and JV! So probably around 25-28 varsity kids if you count those sophomores!
Rebel diehard Wrote:I don't always agree with all of the offensive play calls that coach mason makes but he has won 2 championships calling them! I don't always agree with Coach Cal and his offense at UK but he still has several national championships! I don't know how much closer I could get to the program I played in the program and am a responsible tax paying citizen in Boyle county. I go to all the games and all the middle school games and support the little league program by going to the games! I will never be negative towards the program that helped me develop into the man I am today! I choose to be positive and support any coaches that are at the high school! I know they work extremely hard and care about the kids!! I was on the team when Coach Mason got in trouble and he was never released by Coach Smith there was nothing to keep quit and everything was made public! I appreciate everything Coach Smith,Pardue,Mason,Hester, Crossman, and the other coaches have done for me and all my teammates! Coach French is a fine man and cares about the kids and I know Coach Smith was his assistant so they are cut from the same mode!

When did coach cal get several national championships? Last I checked he had only one.
Rebel diehard Wrote:Coach Smith never carried 110 we were lucky to have 60 (9th-12th) graders! There were not 110 boys tough enough to play for coach smith in BCHS! Now coach French on the other hand had 110 his first year and last year had 55-60 which is normal for us! We only had about 15-18 that played varsity when we had our run!

Beat me to it. Boyle County's biggest team ever in terms of kids dressed was Larry French first year where they dressed 89 players. I'm not sure why the kids have not come out to play over the last few years but Larry French is still a great coach. And Coach Mason was never let go but I do recall Coach Smith gathering the team and telling the players NOT to comment on anything that refers to Coach Mason to anyone. But Coach Mason was never let go.
Should have said taken several schools to final four! But that's right only one national championship! Coach mason got in trouble in 2002 over 12 years ago! and coach smith called us all in before school and told us first before the media released it and told us to focus on playing and explain to us that everyone makes mistakes and that coach mason would make this right and he did! I was there sitting in the meeting! Coach Smith taught us how men handle things that day! He taught us that none of us live in glass houses and should not throw stones!
Does anybody have the latest on Coach French? Just want to know if he's staying or not?
Rebel diehard Wrote:Coach Smith never carried 110 we were lucky to have 60 (9th-12th) graders! There were not 110 boys tough enough to play for coach smith in BCHS! Now coach French on the other hand had 110 his first year and last year had 55-60 which is normal for us! We only had about 15-18 that played varsity when we had our run!

Larry French had 89 players his first year at Boyle not counting 5 freshman players on the roster last year he had 45 players total on the roster you don't have to take my word for it Go to the KHSAA website and see for yourself and I know for a fact Smiths last year Boyle dressed over a 100 players 9th thru 12th grade. I tried to look it up on the website but they didn't have a roster listed for his last season. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to BCHS football. once again IMO interest is down in the Boyle county school system for football the numbers show it, and there are reasons why.as for Smith releasing Mason PM me and I'll give you names of people to go ask who know.
Rebel diehard Wrote:Should have said taken several schools to final four! But that's right only one national championship! Coach mason got in trouble in 2002 over 12 years ago! and coach smith called us all in before school and told us first before the media released it and told us to focus on playing and explain to us that everyone makes mistakes and that coach mason would make this right and he did! I was there sitting in the meeting! Coach Smith taught us how men handle things that day! He taught us that none of us live in glass houses and should not throw stones!

Just giving you a hard time! I have a healthy respect for what French and Smith did (have done) at Boyle.
Smith never had more then 60 on any of his rosters!