Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 42 Ashland 7
One thing I will say.....

Ashland does have some good hot chocolate.
sstack Wrote:I am sure their o line is not better than elders and I do not believe JC has a D1 RB. Highlands plays 10 very good WR's which JC gets little practice covering with their schedule. Looking forward to potential matchup, it has been a fun one.
Whoa . . . 10 WR's? Do they all play?
sstack Wrote:Why does everyone think I am trying to troll? I am excited about possible JC/Highlands matchup, I think they might give Highlands the best game in the playoffs. Thanks for discussing the possible game, that is what I was looking for, it is fun to think about possible matchups. Holmes might score because they can pass they ball fairly well and had some WR's make some nice catches, but should be easy game for JC. Cov Cath has got some injured players back, but would have to show tremendous improvement from middle of season to even make it a close game with JC. I agree that these two are on a collision course. The big questions will be can Highlands stop the run and can JC stop the pass? JC will not outscore Highlands and will have to control the clock with drives ending in TD's not field goals (although I would like to see their kicker attempt a long 50+ attempt). Week one of playoffs suck, so we have to have fun and look forward to later rounds.

Didn't Burchell get hurt again in the Holmes game?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:You must have missed the year JC had 3 (Jude, Conley, Preston) in the state finals.... not to mention Ryan Harlow (Played Linemen for JC won the HWT. state title) JJ Jude (running back) 2X state champ. And the countless other JC wrestlers who have placed in the state meet that also play football.

JC's team placing at the state meet for the past 6 seasons.....
2013 - Tied for 14th
2012 - 6th
2011 - 7th
2010 - ? (website won't pull it up)
2009 - 5th
2008 - 8th

PF . He said last year! JJ didn't wrestle last year!!!!! :please:
sstack Wrote:I am sure their o line is not better than elders and I do not believe JC has a D1 RB. Highlands plays 10 very good WR's which JC gets little practice covering with their schedule. Looking forward to potential matchup, it has been a fun one.

What is your thoughts on Pat Towles??? Why isn't he getting a chance at UK? I saw him before the JCHS game a few years ago throwing BULLETS and Bombs! He looked good against Miss ST before he got hurt. I heard him and Neal Brown have butted heads. I also heard he may transfer to Norte Dame. Any info??
Diogenes Wrote:This JC line is big and not fat. These boys have been in the weight room. It shows. There are some specimens out there. Can they keep out those fast little well-trained devils from Highlands? Let's put it this way: if they can't, I don't think anyone else in 4A will come close. The only way you will halt this O-line is to be faster with superior technique than they are and get around them. I don't think you're going to be overpower them, realistically, or tire them. They're well conditioned. No sloppy guts hanging out of jersey bottoms this year. These boys honestly are a collection of pretty chiseled dudes.

I think Caveman's son has a Shot at being a D-1 linemen. He has good feet and is tall and strong. I would guess him at least 6 feet 5 inch's. I am not sure what grade he is in??
honestjchsfan Wrote:I think Caveman's son has a Shot at being a D-1 linemen. He has good feet and is tall and strong. I would guess him at least 6 feet 5 inch's. I am not sure what grade he is in??

Tristan is a great kid!
Ashland Daily Independent listed him in an article last week as 6'7" 305 lbs.
Boonie Wrote:Whoa . . . 10 WR's? Do they all play?

Yes they all play. Highlands subs 2-4 WR's every play. Deepest set of WR's Highlands has ever had IMO.
honestjchsfan Wrote:What is your thoughts on Pat Towles??? Why isn't he getting a chance at UK? I saw him before the JCHS game a few years ago throwing BULLETS and Bombs! He looked good against Miss ST before he got hurt. I heard him and Neal Brown have butted heads. I also heard he may transfer to Norte Dame. Any info??

I have heard he has a slow release and troubles reading defenses. I do not know if this is indeed true or not.
sstack Wrote:I have heard he has a slow release and troubles reading defenses. I do not know if this is indeed true or not.

Should have taken the route of his grandfather and threw the little white ball.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:One thing I will say.....

Ashland does have some good hot chocolate.

I bought 3 my self .
How does every one thing Ashland matches up against cov holmes ?
Is Harrison county as bad as there record or is hit just the teams they played ? Good luck to both teams.
eagles2011 Wrote:I bought 3 my self .
How does every one thing Ashland matches up against cov holmes ?
Is Harrison county as bad as there record or is hit just the teams they played ? Good luck to both teams.

Harrison Co has a real nice QB, but not much to go with him. Holmes has some nice athletes, their RB has been hurt lately and not sure if he will be full go come playoffs (he is their best player). Ashland/Holmes game should be a good matchup.