Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 42 Ashland 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
final
No threat of a team from this district challenging for the region title.
Congrats eagles. Your a good football team. Tomcats played with heart just outgunned.
Congrats to JCHS on another district title! Good effort Ashland!
Good game! Great sportsmanship from both teams! regardless what dicky says
Dickie Martin is an egotistical moron.
FreightShaKer Wrote:Good game! Great sportsmanship from both teams! regardless what dicky says

Absolutely, I'm very impressed with JC as a team but more impressed with how they handlr themselves.

As for they game Ashland did everything they could do to get it to 14-7 in the 2nd half then the kickoff return ended things. Just a deflating play, I think JC wins regardless but that was a back breaker.
Ashland had a good game plan to milk the clock. Not getting any points on that drive that ate the entire second quarter was probably the beginning of the end.
Diogenes Wrote:Ashland had a good game plan to milk the clock. Not getting any points on that drive that ate the entire second quarter was probably the beginning of the end.

1 of 3 big plays that killed Ashland. Along with the kick off return and the fumble early. Like I said the better team won, it's really that simple
Diogenes Wrote:Ashland had a good game plan to milk the clock. Not getting any points on that drive that ate the entire second quarter was probably the beginning of the end.

That game plan was the only thing that kept JC from another running clock. But I don't blame them, I would have done the same thing.
No one will beat JC till they get to HHS? The eagles may even win state. They are that good!
JC showing who is boss in their district.
You know you're always going to find out what you're made of against Ashland. One way or another. It's the same every year.
Glad most of the JC fans realize the test this game really was. Even though they scores 42 none of it was easy. And glad they realize this game was more competitive than the final score. Obviously some very knowledgable fans in Johnsonville. Good luck in the playoffs and against belfry.
Daddycat27 Wrote:No one will beat JC till they get to HHS? The eagles may even win state. They are that good!

JC plays into Highlands strength. Elder has a stud RB and big O line but it was the pass that allowed them to get the win. With no passing game I feel Highlands wins in a matchup with JC pretty easy.
First off.... Congrats to my my JC Golden Eagles. #2013DistrictChamps
Next.... JC's crowd tonight was excellent!

Ashland had a great game plan... Their best defense was to keep JC's offense off the field. And as other posters have mentioned, Ashland just didn't have the "manpower" to keep up. They played well, but the better team won tonight.

Ashland needs a new set of speakers.... It sounded like their P.A. man was in a hole.
sstack Wrote:JC plays into Highlands strength. Elder has a stud RB and big O line but it was the pass that allowed them to get the win. With no passing game I feel Highlands wins in a matchup with JC pretty easy.

No trolls allowed. :dontthink
JC won the game by doing what we do....

Excellent blocking by the O Line.
Big running plays by the backs.
Sound defensive play.
And great special teams play.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:No trolls allowed. :dontthink

Not trolling, Daddycat posted they might beat highlands, I posted after watching them play elder tonight that they will be able to stop JC's run game, and NO WAY JC's D backs are as good as Elders and highlands put up big passing yards on elder. JC very likely the toughest opponent for Highlands in playoffs. Looking forward to the possible game.
JC's Special Teams play this year is their X-factor.

I really don't think most people realize how much better it makes JC as a team just by having such a difference in an aspect of football that is so overlooked.
Three comments, Congratulations on another district title JC. Ashland played well. Dickie Martin is a classless piece of trash.
That Workman kid is pretty good, huh??
Cardinals ride Wrote:That Workman kid is pretty good, huh??

Yes he is. JC is pretty good at any position on the field.
Impressed with the heart and effort of Ashland tonight. After their quick score to start the 2nd half I felt the game could go down to the wire. Had JC not returned the following kickoff for a TD this game could have been much closer. It just took the air out of their sails. As for JC, you showed anyone who still remained to doubt that you are a quality football team and a force to be reckon with. All the backs had great nights and that balance is going to pay dividends later on. The defense played great tonight as well holding Baker to 92 yds on 26 carries.

BTW I can't help but tune into 97.1 after our match ups with the tomcats to hear the perspective of dicky Martin. And once again he doesn't disappoint. He said after the game JC was throwing helmets and players up in the air and that coach Matney was preaching a sermon. Even went as far to say that JC was throwing one of their 7 Sheldon Clark transfers into the air?? talking about workman I assume. It's those things that make wins like this one all the more sweet.
Dicky Martin was a troll before there even WAS an internet.

He's still a very very good play by play announcer, however, especially for the HS level. And there's no doubting where his loyalty lies.

If he gets a little butthurt, well, he's allowed. He's just part of the magic and fun of this rivalry series. We got old stadiums, loud music, coaching antics, radio announcer shenanigans, field goals that may or may not be good, and miraculous last second escapes. Little something in the past eight years for everybody here.
I don't know how much a test this really is. JC was just to much for the Tomcats to handle. Even at 14-7 it was pretty evident that JC was mashing their mouths. Ashland had a good game plan that's for sure but it was to much JC for them. Ashland just got hammered. That's it.

Both teams did play with class tonight and that's great. Glad that this has become a rivalry and that the powers that be, parents, and outside influences haven't ruined it for the kids.
JC has hammered a lot of people this year.
Concrads JC. Good luck next week against Belfry and the playoffs!! may come in and watch the cov cath game. Will for sure be at the highlands game..
Great game for JC. Ashland showed alot of heart, just didnt have the guns to keep up
LOL @ Ashland
Pages: 1 2 3