Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Paintsville 10/26
The only one that could throw a monkey into that wrench would be Hazard.
You want get a free pass from me mysonis55 WILLIAMSBURG :lmao: If other 1A fans want to give you a free pass that's ok with me :Sad04:
RamPride Wrote:Beach, Boggs, Manis, Risner, Johnson, Elkins and Messer have all had visits and/or letters already.

That is a large group to be getting offers, much luck to all of them. Where might we find these young talents next year as to follow? I know Messer is a Jr.
Have we ever had this many from one team to receive football scholarship offers? As I understand it, football is a full ride and can save some lucky parents a lot of cash. Good for them!
64, I ain't asking for any free pass. I don't think we have anything to prove. I just hope we get back to state again and take care of business this year. I just have not seen the great things out of your boys yet to make me think they are legitimate. Now, would I be upset if you did? No, absolutely not, I would love to have you there at the stadium meeting our boys in Dec. That way I could poke at you in person. Now, I am a realist and I just do not see that. I would give you guys a 20% chance of getting there. The reason is, I do think you will have an easy path to the 3rd round against Hazard. That will make you all one of only 8 teams left alive at that time. But that is about as far as I think you can go. You will have to be a well coached, respectful, quiet, disciplined bunch in Hazard. They are just laying in wait for you. They will pounce on your guys and end your chances. Then it will come down to them and the winner of the power region of the east side. I think Hazard could come in there and take care of business in the semi's but, I don't think they will beat the team from the power region right now. I don't know how to get you to understand what I am saying. I do not in any way dislike your team. I just don't think it is in the CARDS for them this year.
I do know that Beach is really looking at Cincinnati right now and they really rolled out the red carpet for him. Morehead has already offered him I think and others are interested. I think all 4 lineman have had interest form the same schools. Almost like a PACKAGE deal. Elkins is being looked at by U-Pike.
This is just hear say but almost guaranteed correct information.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:All this stuff is fun to talk about but the only way the east beats the west is with a all star team.Hey Scotty do u think they will let us do that?

Tbh, i have always felt that if the "Greenup Co Consulidation" ever happened(which propably wont and imo i dont think it should") But f Raceland, Greenup, and Russell ever merged, it would create some really good football teams. Present day Fairview, Boyd County, and Ashland coukd as well. BUT, I dnt feel it ever will and i dont think t should. As a whole, Eastern and NeKy football cant compete year in and year out with wky and nky.
I'm a Ram fan. and if we make it past the regional final. we will be playing williamsburg. I think they will crush hazard. I've said all year long to look out for Williamsburg and everybody said i was crazy. we played those cats in the middleschool State title game and got our buts handed to us.
This isn't middle school. And you are crazy.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I'm a Ram fan. and if we make it past the regional final. we will be playing williamsburg. I think they will crush hazard. I've said all year long to look out for Williamsburg and everybody said i was crazy. we played those cats in the middleschool State title game and got our buts handed to us.

A lot depends on the Sr. and soph. class!
I still think Williamsburg is still a year away defensively, from being a true contnder. Reason being, the two games the lost they were unable to score more than 14 pts. They put up big yardage through the air, but from looking at them, they couldnt score in the redzone. Sounds to me like once they get inside the 20, they lose their advantage, speed and atheleticism. They need to develop some sort of running game if they want to compete with Hazard, Raceland, or Pikeville. All of which have good secondaries with good speed and height. Being able to rush and stop the run with 5 or 6 and be able to defend the pass with 4 dbs makes it hard on teams to do much offensivel because itshard to get them to play nickel or get them to stack the box. Even though they both gae up big pts and numbers early on, The Bulldogs and Panthers have that ability, and are much better defensively thsn they were in weeks 1-4. And I still say Raceland has the best defense in the East and Thats why it is those three, then Wburg and Paintsville in my book.
Time will tell. I'm holding to my prediction.
FBALL Wrote:This isn't middle school. And you are crazy.

Nobody listens to a Game dodger. You guys will find out how good pikeville is in week 10
mysonis55 Wrote:I put them in order for you there 64. I know you speak a different language, or at least write that way, but surely even you can see that I had them in order. Maybe you can understand if I do it this way:
#1 Raceland
#2 Pikeville
#3 Fairview
#4 Paintsville

Maybe if I throw in some icons it will help:
#1 Raceland :1:
#2 Pikeville TongueirateSho
#3 Fairview :popcorn::popcorn:
#4 Paintsville :rockon:

Or maybe this way:
Best in the east is Raceland
Next best in the east is Pikeville
Third best in the east is Fairview
Fourth best in the east would be Paintsville

55 64 sure gets under your skin, You got to admit 64 knows exatly how.:welcome::welcome: i75
I'm just having fun. He really don't bother me. I got him figured out last year. I just like messing with him. We have been going back and forth for over 1 year now. It's all in good fun.
Best 1A in East

1. Pikeville 7-1. Big win +12 vs Hazard. 45ppg. Def ppg 12
2. Raceland 6-2 Big win +22 vs Fairview. 40ppg. Def ppg 21
3. Fairview 7-1 Big win +3 vs Hazard. 39ppg. Def. Ppg 24
4. Paintsville

Prove me wrong RAMS!!
I doubt cinninati is rolling the red carpet out for anybody from raceland. Maybe one next year in Messer. To play D1 you have to be real good. They would have to stick out like a sore thumb. Like JJ Jude from Johnson central big and stronge, fast. Plus alot of talent (freak like talent). All I see are D3's and maybe one or two NAIA. Messer now is a different story.
Pikeville is giving up 29 pts/game. 232 pts Against according to KHSAA. Even though I think Raceland is the best team and most well rounded team in the east, I still have to be proven to that they can now get the regional championship they so desperately crave. But they Gotta beat Paintsville first. Then, win or lose, get away injury free against Ironton, OH
Boozer Wrote:I doubt cinninati is rolling the red carpet out for anybody from raceland. Maybe one next year in Messer. To play D1 you have to be real good. They would have to stick out like a sore thumb. Like JJ Jude from Johnson central big and stronge, fast. Plus alot of talent (freak like talent). All I see are D3's and maybe one or two NAIA. Messer now is a different story.

Just know that when he went they were very pleasing to him. Has been more than once from what I understand.Thats all I know.
A week ago you could hardly get this kind of excitement on a Raceland thread. What has changed? We got 3 pages on this one.
Ive always been active. Be it negative or positive. I like talking football in general. I. Think some dont want to post negative so they just keep to themselves. After whitnessing the enthusiasm and grit Raceland showed last week, as far as I am concerned they raised my level of expectations. There for, the bar is set higher. They showed how they CAN play. Now they have to keep that momentum up.
Relax Bronson. Just stirring a little. Gotta get my jabs in when I can.
How am I supposed to relax with the knowing that around ever thread's corner, there is a chance I may get served and reminded that Williamsburg will be waiting. This stuff is a blast. Its just a way that all of us has beens can vicariously live through this kids lol. Id give nething to snap up and go another 48 minutes, even if it killed me.
Yeah, I could play 1 quarter.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, I could play 1 quarter.

warm up would kill me.I would be setting on the bench the whole game with oxygen on me.:Sad04:
I played a game of kickball that about killed me last year. I hyperextended my knee in a simple game of kick ball. No telling what I would pull or break playing now.
Ive contemplated playing in the alumni game when it comes to Raceland. Ok contemplation complete. I will just continue to live my dreams through thise who r still able bodied.
So since what happened at fairview . this game is for distract championship , good luck tigers
From what I understand the kid did not play in the Paintsville game so that game will not be lost by Fairview. other than that who knows
The key to this week is not to overlook Paintsville. If they come out and play like they did last week it will be a running clock in the 3rd quarter. If they come out flat and let Paintsville think they can play then it may be a closer game but I think Raceland has too many weapons and too much depth for Paintsville to beat them. Last week restored some of my faith in the Rams though I do think it is still a bit premature to call them a clear favorite in an eastern side that will be very competitive. I think the Rams will take care of business and skate to an easy win. Raceland. 55 Paintsville 15
Still think the rams tcb. Running clock late 2nd or early 3rd quarter.