Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Paintsville 10/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Raceland travels down US 23 to take on their final district opponent of the year. They win, they are disrict champs and secure homefield advantage until the semis, if i am not mistaken. Its been a long time since Raceland lost to the Tigers. Paintsville has been tough at home and are much improved. Do the Rams underestimate Paintsville and come out flat against the Tigers? Week 8 of the season was a turning point and statement week for the Rams, beating the number class A number one team. We shall see who comes out on top this week?

I honestly believe Raceland has turned the corner and the sin against Fairview will be a huge confidence builder. I also believe that the loss to Pikeville in last years playoffs will keep the Rams from over looking anyone this year. Paintsvilke should be able to keep it close in the 1st, but the Raceland defense is too fast right now and if they keep playing 4 quarters with the intensity and enthusiasm they did friday night, then they are goina be a hard team to stop in November.

Raceland 54
Paintsville 12...running clock in the 3rd
Rams by 20
Wasteland by a lot.
As I said earlier, this is going to be a very interesting game because you definitely don't know how it's going to go. Raceland has got good depth but have only competed in all 4 quarters one time and that was against Fairview. Paintsville has alot of heart. if they can do what they do in the 1st series for all 4 quarters then it's going to be a game you wouldn't want to miss.
Rams by eleventy billion
The RAMS comfortably....
I played a couple of games in Paintsville back in the day.You are 14 points down when u get off the bus.Rams better be ready to play,if not theywill find themselves in a hole lot of trouble.I think they will win but it will be closer then everybody thinks.I am glad to see the Tigers winning again I just don't want to see them win this week.
If Raceland comes out overconfident. Paintsville will beat them.
I think the game against the boys from the Wood showed the Rams what they are capable of and they are going to be confident but not cocky. Paintsville has a nice team, but Raceland is better. I will take Rams 42 and Tigers 21
FBALL Wrote:Wasteland by a lot.

Looking forward to Pikeville vs. Wussell.
jetpilot Wrote:Looking forward to Pikeville vs. Wussell.

Absolutely.

Evils vs Pinthers

It'll be a contrast of styles for sure.
FBALL Wrote:Absolutely.

Evils vs Pinthers

It'll be a contrast of styles for sure.

haha...should be a good one.
Got a quick question for you. When did Fairview become class a's number one team? I missed that one. I myself struggled all season to have them in the top 5.

Now on the pick. I think Raceland will be sluggish in the start. That is due to a the Fairview hangover. I think they will win it, but will get off to a slow start. Paintsville will probably smack them in the mouth. I think they will wake up then and win by 21-28 points or so.
If Raceland comes out and plays like they are on fire then this game will not be a close game at all. However if they get cocky and overlook Paintsville it could be a long ride home. If Paintsville wins (I don't think they will) it would be a three way tie between Fairview, Raceland, and Paintsville. Who would win the district and how would the playoffs be seeded?
This week, Raceland showed a different side of them. I have never seen so much emotion from this team. Imo, Raceland will come out strong and get the job done. Like I said in their bye week, this is a different team sonce the LC loss. They act different, they talk different, they walk different and they have played different. This isnt the same team.

They still have room for vast improvement. Kick and Punt coverage is still really rough. Though the short kick game worked wonderfully against the Eagles. Idk how often that works. Play calls in general were spot on. I do however, think they need to keep the ball going toward the middle of the field or atleast the left hash on their 3rd and long plays inside the 30. Pennington is descent kicker, but not experienced enough kicking from the right hash. Going down and getting atleast 3 points on Racelands opening drive, rather than turn the ball over on downs was huge. But there were 4 points left off the score board due to a missed FG and missed XP. We also had a few chances to score on the missed fg drive, but ended up losing ground.

At a point in the 3rd quarter, when Fairview scored to make it 29-14, it seemed that momentum was starting to swing towards Fairview. But the Rams managed to come up with the INT when they needed it. Raceland's experience and senior leadership is starting to payoff.

Even if the first few minutes are sluggish, Raceland will come out prepared and strong midway through the 1st quarter.
Respect your opponent!
If anyone thinks the tigers are going to let us come in to tiger stadium and let us walk out without a battle. We'll be in big trouble. We can not look at what Fairview did to them. Probably a match up problem. They may match better with us. I do know. What I do know.They gave Pikeville a fight to the end. Should have beaten Pikeville!
The tigers have scored over 50,points three times. Over 40 another game.
Paintsville has a good Defense about 14.5ppg and averages about 38ppg.
That coaching staff will have them thinking this is the SUPER BOWL.
If we can shut them down the first quarter. Emotions will calm. And reality will kick in. We let them smell blood. It will be a battle to the end. We have to go in confident. Sky high. And kick some tiger ass. From the fan base down to the water boy. We have to show we came down for blood!!
Go RAMS
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:If Raceland comes out overconfident. Paintsville will beat them.

Not gonna happen...RAMS know what's on the line (district title, home field advantage through the state semis) & will take care of business.
This is my upset of the week in 1A

Painstville 38
Raceland 34

:welcome: 64sur
Win one for the Gipper!
I'm no fan of Raceland or Paintsville or anybody in 1a for that matter. But it strikes me.

Shouldn't Williamsburg win 1 of anything before they talk any kind of trash? Until they win something they are just a loud loser.

:welcome: FBALL
FBALL Wrote:I'm no fan of Raceland or Paintsville or anybody in 1a for that matter. But it strikes me.

Shouldn't Williamsburg win 1 of anything before they talk any kind of trash? Until they win something they are just a loud loser.

:welcome: FBALL

I love picking underdogs FBALL :welcome: back
Careful FBALL u begin getting served! 64 launches the battle cry on every thread! Idk what he does towards someone that Williamsburg never has and never will play...
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Careful FBALL u begin getting served! 64 launches the battle cry on every thread! Idk what he does towards someone that Williamsburg never has and never will play...

Bronson I do no for a fact we will beat Hazard this year.So I will pick my crow dish. Confusedmoke:
Id like to see paintsville win this one but id say raceland wins by 10
64, Don't you know that you shouldn't be drinking on the Lord's day. You have lost your mind, that is, if you had one to lose. First you pick Paintsville. They will not win. They may make it closer than most think, but they will not win. Second, you pick Williamsburg again over the Bulldogs. That wont happen either. We heard this same tire stuff all last year. I know you like the Jackets and I get that. But, even you cannot guarantee a Wburg victory over Hazard. Step away from the can of beer sir.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, Don't you know that you shouldn't be drinking on the Lord's day. You have lost your mind, that is, if you had one to lose. First you pick Paintsville. They will not win. They may make it closer than most think, but they will not win. Second, you pick Williamsburg again over the Bulldogs. That wont happen either. We heard this same tire stuff all last year. I know you like the Jackets and I get that. But, even you cannot guarantee a Wburg victory over Hazard. Step away from the can of beer sir.

Mysonis55 I think for the last couple of week you have been saying that Raceland was just a pretender an not a contender.I'm using your info for my pick :truestory:
Yes, I was putting them into the pretender category along with WILLIAMSBURG. The reason was, they had not until Friday proved they could play with a team that is supposed to be as good as them. They managed to choke in the tougher games, much like the JACKETS. They proved something Friday, so they have officially been upgraded to Contenders. I even made a thread proclaiming that.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yes, I was putting them into the pretender category along with WILLIAMSBURG. The reason was, they had not until Friday proved they could play with a team that is supposed to be as good as them. They managed to choke in the tougher games, much like the JACKETS. They proved something Friday, so they have officially been upgraded to Contenders. I even made a thread proclaiming that.

You will proclaim WILLIAMSBURG soon mysonis55.I can't believe Raceland fans are giving you a free pass on this one calling them pretender :lmao:
That's why they are the Ams.
Now I can't wait until the Paintsville contingent starts fighting with one another. This thread has the potential to be very entertaining.
Pages: 1 2 3 4