Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male 24 - Trinity 14
WideRight05 Wrote:Awesome! Highlands claims superiority as the number one team in the state!!

Nah that would be bg ... Considering trinity dominated hhs in their scrimmage preseason, i would say the best hhs could be is 3rd
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Nah that would be bg ... Considering trinity dominated hhs in their scrimmage preseason, i would say the best hhs could be is 3rd

You don't judge teams by scrimmages...
Most teams show 25-40% of there playbooks.

That's like judging an NFL team on a preseason game.
"Oh we'll in the preseason they destroyed them"
Wise one Wrote:Actually,

a) Trinity has next week as a BYE and play Moeller in two weeks @ Trinity.

b) Trinity only has 9 regular season games so with a loss to Moeller, they would be 4-5 after the regular season.

Talk to 64 SUR. He could get you a game with Wburg.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Maybe you should read post 11 above. I will assume you don't need an interpreter. Your euphoria indicates that you don't have much opportunity to blow. Thus, I would recommend that you do so with great fervor. Government school people need to be lifted up a little every so often. And, of course, I know of your close ties to Male.

Are you talking about the government of the United States or the government of Rome?
I'm sorry maybe I'm missing something here. Why, with an undefeated season, a win over X and a double digit win over T, are we not talking about Male as the best team in the state?
I really think people put too much thought into who is the top team in the state. There is no legitimate way to determine that. Now if at the end of the year the state champs all decided to play each other in a round robin type thing, we could. But that will never happen, so until that time, you can all be right in your own minds. So now can we quit concerning ourselves with that and worry about who is going to be the 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a and 6a state champs?
mysonis55 Wrote:I really think people put too much thought into who is the top team in the state. There is no legitimate way to determine that. Now if at the end of the year the state champs all decided to play each other in a round robin type thing, we could. But that will never happen, so until that time, you can all be right in your own minds. So now can we quit concerning ourselves with that and worry about who is going to be the 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a and 6a state champs?
I don't think that the people who make dozens of predictions and offer hundreds of opinions on this subject are putting too much thought into it. I think that some of them put very little thought into it. It's like USA Today naming a mythical national champion. I doubt that there is any team in the country that could beat every other team in the country head-to-head. There is a bad set of match-ups somewhere awaiting every high school team. Sometimes, the schedule just cooperates with one team more than it does others and they are spared those bad match-ups.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Nah that would be bg ... Considering trinity dominated hhs in their scrimmage preseason, i would say the best hhs could be is 3rd

I am not saying Highlands, T, or BG is the best this year but will say you can't go by scrimmages. Highlands plays scrimmages very different, did not have several starters and does not game plan for T (they do not watch video, game plan offense against T's weaknesses, game plan their D to stop T's strength's, ect). T probably does the same, but do not know for sure. Would they beat T in regular season game? I do not know but I know Highlands is not the same team now and could light up the score board against T. I said in the scrimmage that T's D backfield was a big problem and it has shown to be all year. Highlands passing game looks great and they would score on T. The question is if with all their starters in and a week to game plan, could Highlands D hold T to less points then the O was able to score. The other thing that the casual fan does not realize is Highlands has had a lot of injuries and guys missing games this year(PT and JH games). Looked like this week pretty much everybody is back on the field and as always Highlands improves so much last third of season. could BG beat Highlands? Yes, but I also think Highlands could beat BG. it would probably be a good game. I just do not understand why people act as though BG would blow HHS out of the water? It will be interesting to see how much Highlands has improved this week at Elder. I still worry our D is not up to usual standards and think Highlands has a tough time winning this one. I do know it us a lot more fun playing good teams then games you know are going to be blowouts. I would rather watch us lose to a good team then sit through a game that is a running clock in first half.
I am so tired of hearing this stuff year after year. First off, BG did not go up in class or drop in class to avoid Highlands. Secondly, Highlands did not drop in class to avoid BG. BG will win 5a this year. Highlands will win 4a this year. Can that not be enough for some? I know that I will be happy at the end of the year, if I can say that my team is the best team in 1a.
WideRight05 Wrote:BG has had many opportunities since 1995, only to choke away many of them. Then Highlands moves to a more competitive 4A, and BG thinks they are the dominant force again. Highlands should have an opportunity to expose the undisciplined WKY football team once again.

Mueller knew what BG had coming up... he asked to move to get away from Bowling Green. Can't say I blame him... look at the gut check Trinity fans are having right now... just imagine Blue Bird Nation if they actually lost in a State Final. There would be overturned Audi's, Volvo's, and Acura's all over Ft. Thomas.
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Are you talking about the government of the United States or the government of Rome?

Very revealing statement. I feel sure that you are a product of the government schools. Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Mueller knew what BG had coming up... he asked to move to get away from Bowling Green. Can't say I blame him... look at the gut check Trinity fans are having right now... just imagine Blue Bird Nation if they actually lost in a State Final. There would be overturned Audi's, Volvo's, and Acura's all over Ft. Thomas.

Schools desiring to play-up. Eleven requests to play into a higher class were considered, with six
of them being approved. The primary determining factor in approving a request to play up was
geography, and equally important conditions for denial of a request to play up was reference to
competitive ability; a move that would leave the former district with less than four teams or more than
six teams; or moves that significantly impacted schools that had not had an opportunity to respond to
the changes.

Highlands was denied.

I don't know the exact reasoning but probably because So Oldham, Conner, Cooper, Scott, & Grant County are 5a in NKY

http://web.archive.org/web/2007092807540...er2006.pdf
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Mueller knew what BG had coming up... he asked to move to get away from Bowling Green. Can't say I blame him... look at the gut check Trinity fans are having right now... just imagine Blue Bird Nation if they actually lost in a State Final. There would be overturned Audi's, Volvo's, and Acura's all over Ft. Thomas.

You have always seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about football, I really hope you are being sarcastic! You know schools can only petition to move if travel is a hardship, this has been discussed on here many times. Do not forget the Cadillac's, Corvette's, Ferri's and BMW's.

Yeah, Highlands was scared considering they moved into an alignment that featured Boyle County, Johnson Central, Covington Catholic, and Lexington Catholic (the latter two whipped up on BG pretty good last time they played).

4A is tougher overall than 5A.

You aren't serious, are you? I doubt that Coach Mueller spends much time thinking about Bowling Green. Bowling Green people should take a field trip to Fort Thomas to look at all those championship trophies. And, while there, the can dream about all of those Audia, Volvos, and Acuras that they will find mixed in with the Mercedes Benzs, BMWs, and Cadilliacs. Bowling Green differs from Fort Thomas in a number of ways- including, but not limited to, athletics and academics.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:You aren't serious, are you? I doubt that Coach Mueller spends much time thinking about Bowling Green. Bowling Green people should take a field trip to Fort Thomas to look at all those championship trophies. And, while there, the can dream about all of those Audia, Volvos, and Acuras that they will find mixed in with the Mercedes Benzs, BMWs, and Cadilliacs. Bowling Green differs from Fort Thomas in a number of ways- including, but not limited to, athletics and academics.

Hey hey now. I attended one of Cincinnati's GCL and my parents drove ToyotasConfusednicker: One drove a Sequoa and my mom drove an all leather interior AvalonConfusednicker:
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey hey now. I attended one of Cincinnati's GCL and my parents drove ToyotasConfusednicker: One drove a Sequoa and my mom drove an all leather interior AvalonConfusednicker:

I know, FBfan4life, my family drove older vehicles so that my brothers and I could get a superior Catholic education. However, it is always interesting to jerk the chains of those who think that all who attend private schools are "monied".

The fact is that most who attend are blessed with parents who have their priorities where they belong. Since families have a finite amount of resources, you can easily determine those priorities by observing their "living situation". Many like to "high hat" it with flashy assets upon which they have even flashier mortgages and liens.

As I said, I am thankful for my parents and their priorities. I certainly followed the example for my daughter. And, if there is a better school on the Kentucky side of the river than NDA, I haven't found it.
sstack Wrote:You have always seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about football, I really hope you are being sarcastic!

My thoughts as well. Maybe his account was hacked?

Thought this thread was about Male beating Trinity? Congratulations Male!!!!
WideRight05 Wrote:Yeah, Highlands was scared considering they moved into an alignment that featured Boyle County, Johnson Central, Covington Catholic, and Lexington Catholic (the latter two whipped up on BG pretty good last time they played).

4A is tougher overall than 5A.
BG has hammered LexCath 3 years in a row. The same covcath team that beat BG in 06 hammered highlands twice that year.
Thunder Lips Wrote:BG has hammered LexCath 3 years in a row. The same covcath team that beat BG in 06 hammered highlands twice that year.

29-27 and 25-15, I would not call that hammered! what would you call what they did to BG by beating them 27-8? Destroyed?
sstack Wrote:You have always seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about football, I really hope you are being sarcastic! You know schools can only petition to move if travel is a hardship, this has been discussed on here many times. Do not forget the Cadillac's, Corvette's, Ferri's and BMW's.

I am.. just felt like channeling my inner Wide Right Big Grin
I haven't seen many Bowling Green fans getting on here and chest pumping. I do know that the team isn't worried about who is #1 in the state. They have a Nov.1 date with undefeated Blackmon Tn. They are the 4th ranked team in Tennessee and were ranked 79th nationally by MaxPreps. Bowling Green has been stuck in their district games the last month and are anxious to play a top notch opponent. We don't mind if Highlands or anyone else proclaims their superiority. That's why we have six state champions. Lots of folks get to make that claim. We have won 37 games in a row and counting. We're just trying to be one of the six.
I have watched Highlands play 6 or 7 times the last 3 years. They are not a great athletic team. What Highlands has over every other team and what makes them a powerhouse is elite and I say very elite coaching. They do what they do until you stop it and then do something else. Dale does not try to reinvent the wheel he keeps it simple for the kids and evidently the kids buy into it.The problem with the other teams in 99% of the cases is they are over coached. I watched them in the state semis the last two years against an evenly matched opponent and they won on the sidelines. As to who would win between BG and the Birds, who knows anything can happen. Two really good teams and two really good coaches.
adopted purple Wrote:I haven't seen many Bowling Green fans getting on here and chest pumping. I do know that the team isn't worried about who is #1 in the state. They have a Nov.1 date with undefeated Blackmon Tn. They are the 4th ranked team in Tennessee and were ranked 79th nationally by MaxPreps. Bowling Green has been stuck in their district games the last month and are anxious to play a top notch opponent. We don't mind if Highlands or anyone else proclaims their superiority. That's why we have six state champions. Lots of folks get to make that claim. We have won 37 games in a row and counting. We're just trying to be one of the six.

Well you have a few Bird Fans (Wide) and a couple more that have been on Highlands band wagon for years. I think he was posting about the grounds keeper at some point, no kidding. That should tell you something. You cant pay attention to a guy who is a fanatic and knows zero about football. He is just a ***t stirrer. Pay that idiot no mind. The rest of them are not far behind. Its a shame because Highlands has a great program and good fans and a few of these slap ****s on here and other boards give them a bad reputation. If I were associated with Highlands I would find out who they are and have a come to Jesus meeting with them. Its ok to be an idiot but they shouldn't open their mouths and remove all doubts.
catsallthetime Wrote:Well you have a few Bird Fans (Wide) and a couple more that have been on Highlands band wagon for years. I think he was posting about the grounds keeper at some point, no kidding. That should tell you something. You cant pay attention to a guy who is a fanatic and knows zero about football. He is just a ***t stirrer. Pay that idiot no mind. The rest of them are not far behind. Its a shame because Highlands has a great program and good fans and a few of these slap ****s on here and other boards give them a bad reputation. If I were associated with Highlands I would find out who they are and have a come to Jesus meeting with them. Its ok to be an idiot but they shouldn't open their mouths and remove all doubts.

And just what about my posts make me an idiot? Do you not like the use of facts? Call it stirring, but I back up my statements with actual facts.
adopted purple Wrote:I haven't seen many Bowling Green fans getting on here and chest pumping. I do know that the team isn't worried about who is #1 in the state. They have a Nov.1 date with undefeated Blackmon Tn. They are the 4th ranked team in Tennessee and were ranked 79th nationally by MaxPreps. Bowling Green has been stuck in their district games the last month and are anxious to play a top notch opponent. We don't mind if Highlands or anyone else proclaims their superiority. That's why we have six state champions. Lots of folks get to make that claim. We have won 37 games in a row and counting. We're just trying to be one of the six.

If you're not worried about who is #1 in the state, don't go around claiming to be.
catsallthetime Wrote:I have watched Highlands play 6 or 7 times the last 3 years. They are not a great athletic team. What Highlands has over every other team and what makes them a powerhouse is elite and I say very elite coaching. They do what they do until you stop it and then do something else. Dale does not try to reinvent the wheel he keeps it simple for the kids and evidently the kids buy into it.The problem with the other teams in 99% of the cases is they are over coached. I watched them in the state semis the last two years against an evenly matched opponent and they won on the sidelines. As to who would win between BG and the Birds, who knows anything can happen. Two really good teams and two really good coaches.

Excuse me, then you have not seen HHS once! To say the Birds are not athletic is completely inaccurate and way undersells the athletes that are in Ft. Thomas. I'm sorry, you do not compete with Elder because you only have great coaching. Wow, just completely off on this one!
WideRight05 Wrote:If you're not worried about who is #1 in the state, don't go around claiming to be.

Just because I think Bowling Green is #1, doesn't make them #1. Everyone has their own opinion. You talk about facts, but you use data from the 1990's and 2000's. Facts this year are, Trinity wore Highlands out in a scrimmage this year. Highlands barely beat Paducah Tilghman and John Hardin this year. This Highlands team is nowhere near the best Highlands team ever, as advertised this year.if you have any facts from this year, I'd love to hear them. This year.
adopted purple Wrote:Just because I think Bowling Green is #1, doesn't make them #1. Everyone has their own opinion. You talk about facts, but you use data from the 1990's and 2000's. Facts this year are, Trinity wore Highlands out in a scrimmage this year. Highlands barely beat Paducah Tilghman and John Hardin this year. This Highlands team is nowhere near the best Highlands team ever, as advertised this year.if you have any facts from this year, I'd love to hear them. This year.

I thought we went over that scrimmages don't mean anything?:yikes:
Highlands has some good athletes. They are not in the top 20 if you ranked them on pure athleticism. Hell they wouldn't be in the top 3 or 4 in Lexington. Let alone Louisville. Yes you can compete with Elder or anyone else in High School if you have coaching. If you were an athlete you would know what I mean by that statement. But since you are not (An ex athlete with any success on the gridiron would not carry on the way you and wide do) . So since you are both fan-atics. You get a pass. I have seen Highlands play and they have elite coaching as I said earlier. Dale is a top 5% coach in the state. I also think French at Boyle, Jim McKee at Scott Co. is in the same class and not so sure Dunbar's Paul Rains isn't as well. Those are just who I have seen in this part of the state. The best coaching Highlands has been up against is a little better than average. I don't know about Cov Caths coach I will leave him out. Looks like he does a good job. What you do have at Highlands is Tradition. That goes a long way. When kids step on the field they know they are going to win. Bowling Green has the same mindset just so you know. Oh one other thing. Since you guys don't recruit and BG doesn't recruit stop spouting stats from 10 years ago. What the heck do those teams have to do with todays team. There is turn over every year so don't even mention that.