•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 21 Harlan County 12
Daddycat27 Wrote:In all honesty harlan county beat them selfs
They had the ball at the 5 yrd Lind going in and committed penalities. They missed exta points as well. Hats of to Belfry. A great team to be so young! Good luck in BG! I willbe rooting for ya!

If you want to play that game Belfry dropped a pair of sure TD passes. One of HC's TD's came on a broken play. Belfry also had an impressive drive going early on before fumbling the snap and losing it.

As easy as it is to say Harlan County beat themselves it is just as easy to say Belfry could have won this game 35-6.

I think the Final Score is pretty indicative of the two teams as it stands. Belfry is a TD and 3 points of special teams play better.
Daddycat27 Wrote:In all honesty harlan county beat them selfs
They had the ball at the 5 yrd Lind going in and committed penalities. They missed exta points as well. Hats of to Belfry. A great team to be so young! Good luck in BG! I willbe rooting for ya!

Come on you can't have it both ways. The better team won tonight. Harlan Co didn't beat themselves..... They were beaten by the Belfry Pirates. It's okay to admit a lot of teams have been beaten by Belfry when they thought they were the men of steel. Just goes to prove Coach Haywood knows when to pull out his Kryptonite when he needs it. TongueirateSho
Good game hard fought on both sides and yes we got beat by a better team tonight no excuses. Good luck to Belfry the rest of the season and I hope to thank you later on in the year for making us a better team in the future. Belfry offense is a well oil machine and they run it to perfection a very well disciplined and coached team. I was honored for my son to play against a history program as Belfry is.
Classy post bigguy!!
?????.............That is all I can say is ???????????????????
:why:
Belfry has snatched the crown of King of the Mountains.
E's Army Wrote:Belfry has snatched the crown of King of the Mountains.

If one existed it has been at Belfry the past two years and probably 6 or 7 of the past ten years
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm trying to be objective and gracious! In reality, I'm stunned and hurt and you are just pissing me off!!!!

I mean this for and to be directly under LeecoUKFan, but there's so many folks posting that I missed the spot!!

LOL

But hey, it landed under vundy, so that's okay, too.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I'll still make you red velvet cake, sweetie!!
Hopefully HC and Belfry both get to Bowling Green and you can make several of them!
I like my crow with gravy and mashed potato's!!! Harlan County Got man handled! Learned a lesson tonight....I Hope.

Belfry was good.

Only bad thing I can say was their crowd wasn't what I expected.

Good team though.
Both of these teams have a goal of being state champions and this game will help both tremendously in pursuit of that goal
Great game tonight by the Pirates... I want to commend Harlan Co. on such a nice facility, my only fault is not having visiting locker rooms. I understand it is going to be completed in another phase. But how about a least a tent or something with some lighting ...instead of having the visitors huddle behind their bus at the half. Anyway Harlan Co. has a good team but they use way too many of their play makers both ways.. really hurt them tonight!
Granny Bear Wrote:I'll still make you red velvet cake, sweetie!!

YAY! Thank you! Confusedinglepar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Both teams made mistakes tonight. What it came down to was who capitalized on their opponents mistakes. Both teams had penalties and the punter for belfry pinned the bears deep in their own territory twice that I remember. Special teams was a big part of this game. I can't really see where Harlan Co. beat themselves. This was all I thought it would be and more. One thing I didn't under stand is why the coaches for Harlan co. Took their time in the 4th until it got to 3 min to go. To me that just put them in that much more of a rush to do something.
HC will not be in BG. Guaranteed. It is easy to be filthy animals when you are playing against teams that aren't very good. Quick name a really good team they have a victory against. Don't say Bell county because they are nowhere near what they were. Weak competition makes you weak competitors.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Great game tonight by the Pirates... I want to commend Harlan Co. on such a nice facility, my only fault is not having visiting locker rooms. I understand it is going to be completed in another phase. But how about a least a tent or something with some lighting ...instead of having the visitors huddle behind their bus at the half. Anyway Harlan Co. has a good team but they use way too many of their play makers both ways.. really hurt them tonight!

I agree. Belfry has had to learn the hard way the value of minimizing two way players. Harlan County also has the sure up their Special Teams play to get to that next level. Belfry has had "adequate" Special Teams for years and that has bit them in at least three Championship Games. This is the first year I am actually feeling comfortable with our ST play.

Harlan County is going to be a darn fine team,, aside from the above the other areas for improvement:

- Reducing Penalties. This is definitely a big area to improve on. Belfry didn't convert any of the defensive penalties that aided drives.. but they had at least two penalties on offense that hurt them.

- Belfry's quickness up front gave the bigger Bears big trouble. The radio crew was surprised how narrow their splits were...that tells me the HC staff was concerned with that quickness from the get go. The good news is HC wont see a D as quick as Belfry all season.

- Long is an electric player, but he has a real bad tendency to try and bounce it outside. This resulted in a big loss more than once when he could have gained a yard or two instead. In addition, Long is elusive and quick as a house cat..but when he gets hit.. HE GETS HIT. I am concerned he could get injured against a very physical JC.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I agree. Belfry has had to learn the hard way the value of minimizing two way players. Harlan County also has the sure up their Special Teams play to get to that next level. Belfry has had "adequate" Special Teams for years and that has bit them in at least three Championship Games. This is the first year I am actually feeling comfortable with our ST play.

Harlan County is going to be a darn fine team,, aside from the above the other areas for improvement:

- Reducing Penalties. This is definitely a big area to improve on. Belfry didn't convert any of the defensive penalties that aided drives.. but they had at least two penalties on offense that hurt them.

- Belfry's quickness up front gave the bigger Bears big trouble. The radio crew was surprised how narrow their splits were...that tells me the HC staff was concerned with that quickness from the get go. The good news is HC wont see a D as quick as Belfry all season.

- Long is an electric player, but he has a real bad tendency to try and bounce it outside. This resulted in a big loss more than once when he could have gained a yard or two instead. In addition, Long is elusive and quick as a house cat..but when he gets hit.. HE GETS HIT. I am concerned he could get injured against a very physical JC.

You think J C will be more physical than Harlan was tonight although I have not seen either one this year Knox Central has played both over the years and I have always thought that Harlan was the most physical.
insideinfo Wrote:You think J C will be more physical than Harlan was tonight although I have not seen either one this year Knox Central has played both over the years and I have always thought that Harlan was the most physical.

Maybe its the time of the year and style of play...Belfry always plays JC in Week 10 and it has been by far the hardest hitting game Belfry has played with maybe the exception of Central. During the typical Belfry/JC game you have several "Oh my" moments where there is a massive collision or someone getting lit up.
Class is over lesson has been taught. HEY Demarcus not dreaming just living the dream . ssssmmmmack
Patriot....I agree...a good Belfry crowd considering the length of the trip, but not a great Belfry crowd at all...Of course that huge visitor sections dwarfs any fans...Great facility...Great fans...HC a really good team...Filthy, at times, consistent not so much, and the shoulders dropped when Belfry really laid the wood...Haywood and staff coached up the O Line after they struggled before the half and they were the difference in the second half...I agree with Skully about Horton playing big...he did indeed...Big win and keep getting better and keep focused on the ultimate goal...BTW...gonna be interesting to see how HC does...This game should help them improve and realize the toughness they must develop if they are gonna get to where they want to go.
Enough about the freshmen. They are only doing their part. I dont think anyone at Belfry look at them as freshmen. They are only a part of a strong senior lead team. With the backfield we have and the senior leadership on defense by Barnes, Duty, Nelson and Hatfield success has to follow. This group of seniors have played in the big dance 3 straight years and have pushed the younger players to step up and be ready to play every position. Its an awesome group of kids that want and know how to win. Not wanting to take anything away from any of our freshmen just wanting to make the point they are part of the team. They all play big at Belfry.
Shew, I finally made it out of Harlan, and Alive......lol
First things first, HC fans are top notch, the facility is great, and i made a couple new friends in granny bearand her papa bear...

Now my small boasting time...

Didn't i try to tell ya....We out played HC....these young kids stepped up tonight....I'm very proud...

Good luck bears the rest of the season, this Pirate will always be rootin for ya...

And last but not .least, Run it up the gut, get the hell off our bandwagon, you are not welcome on it...
IMO now we know why Mr. Haywood has won more games in Kentucky football than any other coach. This man gets the job done. Made some great half time adjustments and got the best out of his player.

Coach Haywood enough said!!!
I was surprised to hear Belfry took the win over Harlan! Hopefully HC will get it together before the play offs. Don't hang your head too low HC. You have a very good FB program and you'll bounce back. Just get determined and play harder. As for Belfry, well I guess you don't acquire the title of Ky.'s #1 coach for having the most wins and not know how to get the best out of the talent that you have this year. Keep up the good work Belfry and play hard. I'd really like to hear that you are back at state again this year. Smile :
You beat me to that. All I can say is "what he said." Go Pirates! Whitehead is a beast but Cole Bentley packed his lunch a couple times.

:truestory:
Proud as a peacock of the whole bunch! JJ really had an impressive game and I am very happy for the young man.

Wish I could have been there.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Did you really?...

Bearclaw hacked my account and said those things.
Im a Belfry fan true and true.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Shew, I finally made it out of Harlan, and Alive......lol
First things first, HC fans are top notch, the facility is great, and i made a couple new friends in granny bearand her papa bear...

Now my small boasting time...

Didn't i try to tell ya....We out played HC....these young kids stepped up tonight....I'm very proud...

Good luck bears the rest of the season, this Pirate will always be rootin for ya...

And last but not .least, Run it up the gut, get the hell off our bandwagon, you are not welcome on it...

The Pirates are going straight to BowlingGreen.
Nobody can beat our eye patch wearing, wooden leg walking, special football players.

I grew up in Belfry :problem:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next