Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic @ Belfry
Beef Wrote:Let's keep this thread about this season!

:thumpsup: Thats what I went back to with my last post!
Beef Wrote:Don't mean to hurt all the Pirate fans in here (I cheer for them most of the time) but NCC is a championship team year in and year out. Granted the Pirates have been up the last couple of seasons, I just can't see them winning this game. They have lost too much over the last couple of years.

NCC by 14

Beef, first let me say that you didn't hurt my feelings, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't Danville and Beechwood the 2 usual teams in 1A that are championship teams? How many times has NCC been to the carpet to be tagged a "championship team year in and year out"? Granted, they are usually very well coached and prepared and I look for a hard fought game, but I do think that too many people give too much credit to Northern teams just by being located there.

Did NCC win the 1A championship last year? I honestly can't remember.
Well, I guess I've been quiet about this game long enough..lol

As we all know, the Belfry team that we will watch this Friday night, will not be the same Belfry team we will be watching in late September and October. Belfry will 9 times out of 10 look a little sluggish at the first game of the season, as most teams do. I know that this group of kids know that they have something to prove and they will have the talent to get the job done when all the kinks are worked out and they start to gel.

Losing the speed of Matt will change the scheme of things a little bit, but Coach Haywood knows how to adjust for any "so-called" weaknesses that others may deem as a downfall.

Nothing hurt my soul anymore than when Nick Bowe broke his leg, but I'm praying, that before this season is over, he is in full uniform and on the field where he belongs.

I think that Belfry will have a major fight to win this game, but I believe that in the end it will be a Belfry victory when the night is over.

Belfry 28
NCC 24
I saw the roster for NCC, looked like the roster for henry clay lol
i cant really decide on this one...it should be a close low scoring game, but since it is being played at belfry they will have the home field advantage.....GO PIRATES
Beef Wrote:You can now place a bet on this game until 5pm on Friday.
Who's Newport Central?

Also, there is no point in making a bet thread if the odds of them winning are the same....

you have to have a favorite.....
Pirate Pal Wrote:Did NCC win the 1A championship last year? I honestly can't remember.
Yes over Mayfield.

42-7.
RB#2 Wrote:i cant really decide on this one...it should be a close low scoring game, but since it is being played at belfry they will have the home field advantage.....GO PIRATES
NCC will score, alot. If Belfry has a chance AT ALL they will have to match NCC's high powered offense.
I have changed my mind about this game. NCC will come out guns a blazing and Belfry will have no clue how to handle this. NCC could have won 2A the past 3 years.

NCC in a romp.

42-14.
Sarrr Wrote:I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'll take the team who should have been the AA champs over the team who was the A champs. Belfry just didn't lose enough to hurt them much. Sure, we're gonna miss Dibble and Matt, among a few others, but Chad and Corey are gonna step up to fill their shoes quite well.
Shoulda woulda coulda!!!

NCC would have rolled 2A the last three years!

We'll find out soon enough.

I have some crow in the oven for you already....:howdy:
I Think Belfry wins in a close and a real good game.

Belfry-20
Newport Central Catholic-14
98NCCalum Wrote:Shoulda woulda coulda!!!

:thatsfunn You can't base whatever happens Friday night at Belfrys first game of the year on what would have happened over the past three years LOL Rolled Belfry the past three years??? I dont think so Rolleyes
Pirates~R~Us Wrote::thatsfunn You can't base whatever happens Friday night at Belfrys first game of the year on what would have happened over the past three years LOL Rolled Belfry the past three years??? I dont think so Rolleyes
I['m not basing. Simply saying that over the past three years Belfry was about as good as 2 A had to offer, and just like this year is going to be NCC will beat the best that 2A has to offer.
I will take Newport Central Catholic. However, Belfry teams peak at the end of the year. I would be a different outcome in November.
98NCCalum Wrote:Shoulda woulda coulda!!!

Let's not kid ourselves, NCC didn't even make it to the carpet except for last year and there is NO WAY IN HADES that they would have come close to Belfry's 2003 team or 2004 team. Danville and Belfry would have been a very good matchup those 2 years.

So you can shoulda woulda coulda all you want.TongueirateSho :thumpsup:
Pirate Pal Wrote:Let's not kid ourselves, NCC didn't even make it to the carpet except for last year and there is NO WAY IN HADES that they would have come close to Belfry's 2003 team or 2004 team. Danville and Belfry would have been a very good matchup those 2 years.

So you can shoulda woulda coulda all you want.TongueirateSho :thumpsup:
There are more than a couple of years NCC or Beechwood would have won the title. It all depended on who got out of the District. Beechwood had out number until the past 4 or 5 years.
98NCCalum Wrote:I['m not basing. Simply saying that over the past three years Belfry was about as good as 2 A had to offer, and just like this year is going to be NCC will beat the best that 2A has to offer.

Lets not compare the 2003 & 2004 Belfry teams to the one you are going to see Friday night. The 2006 squad will be competitive, probably win district, maybe compete for a regional title, but they won't come close to playing at the level those teams played on.

I am a Belfry fan, but I call it like I see it. The separation in talent level between then & now is a bigger gap than most would like to admit.
98NCCalum Wrote:There are more than a couple of years NCC or Beechwood would have won the title. It all depended on who got out of the District. Beechwood had out number until the past 4 or 5 years.

Forgive me for stealing a famous quote from a famous poster, shoulda woulda coulda !!!!
98NCCalum Wrote:NCC will score, alot. If Belfry has a chance AT ALL they will have to match NCC's high powered offense.

Belfry will run the clock as much as they can in this game and every game they play this year. You need to spend more time talking to your coach about the respect that he has for the Belfry program. This is one of the best games in the state this week. Two of the top coaches in the State of Kentucky for wins. NCC will never see the 30"s in this game. I have to disagree with your statement about NCC winning the 2A title the last three years. NCC would have never stopped the running game during those years.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
98NCCalum Wrote:Who's Newport Central?

Also, there is no point in making a bet thread if the odds of them winning are the same....

you have to have a favorite.....

I disagree! This is a very evenly matched game!

Go BELFRY!
BelfryJustice Wrote:NCC will never see the 30"s in this game.
Ohhh I'm so keeping this fresh in my mind...........
throw deep Wrote:Forgive me for stealing a famous quote from a famous poster, shoulda woulda coulda !!!!
Thank you for reminding me how famous I am.

I don't know if you know this or not, but, I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I have many leather bound books....my apartment smells of rich mohagony!!! Great quote!
I think this will be a darn good football game. Both schools are tradition rich and both group of kids have a great deal of pride and neither will roll over for the other.
I too think that most of the time a Class A State Champion might be at a higher level skill wise than a Class AA State Champion, but football has alot to do with matchups. If Belfry is able to control the football then they also control the pace of the game and the clock. That means Haywood will give them a chance to win at the end of the game. If NCC comes out and jumps on Belfry by 2 scores or so, then the Pirates might be in for a long night because Haywood does not play catch up really well with his smash mouth style. This will be the first game so I don't expect flawless performances, but I do expect a competative match.
I'm going to have to back the Pond Creek Nation in this one since it is in their back yard and say the final will be:

Belfry: 35
NCC: 28

Good luck to both teams.
98NCCalum Wrote:Ohhh I'm so keeping this fresh in my mind...........

You do that my friend, because you have opened your mouth wide several times during this thread. I do think that I respect your team more than you respect a team from Eastern Kentucky where they don't even know how to play football! LOL See you tomorrow.

TongueirateSho Good Luck Pirates!
The 2006 Community Trust Bank Pike Co Bowl will be streamed on the internet in it's entirety on East KY Broadcasting(93.1 WDHR, 103.1 WPKE, 96.5 WXCC and the Oldies Radio Network).

http://www.ekbradio.com or http://www.setel.com follow the link

Fri Aug 18

5:50 pregame--Shelby Valley v Phelps

followed by Belfry v Newport Central Catholic---

Sat Aug 19

5:45 pregame--Pike Central v East Ridge

followed by Pikeville v Henry Clay
98NCCalum Wrote:Thank you for reminding me how famous I am.

I don't know if you know this or not, but, I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I have many leather bound books....my apartment smells of rich mohagony!!! Great quote!

I thought he was quoting Pirate Pal Confusedhh:
i see newport catholic puttin in their work and pullin it off in a close game 28-21 no matter what newport catholic loses in the previous years they always seem to put together a good team and contend... GO BREDS
BelfryJustice Wrote:You do that my friend, because you have opened your mouth wide several times during this thread. I do think that I respect your team more than you respect a team from Eastern Kentucky where they don't even know how to play football! LOL See you tomorrow.

TongueirateSho Good Luck Pirates!
I couldn't care less where they were from. In fact, I don't even know where Belfry is.

Get the chip off your shoulder b/c the city boy said his team was gonna win.
torQQue Wrote:Belfry 17
NCC 14

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Belfry 20
NCC 16

BelfryJustice Wrote:Belfry 21
NCC 14

crazytaxidriver Wrote:NCC 24
Belfry 7

Batpuff Wrote:NCC 14
Belfry 6

alfus21 Wrote:NCC - 28
Belfry - 7

MCHS_FBALL#14 Wrote:Belfry-14
NCC-12

SomersetJumpers_7 Wrote:Belfry 24
NCC 21

Boomer86 Wrote:Ncc- 42
Belfry-35

g's mom Wrote:Belfry 20
NCC 14

blackcat_student Wrote:Belfry-14
NCC--28

gish_7 Wrote:NCC-21
Belfry-14

Matney's Prodigey Wrote:Belfry: 35
NCC: 28

Quick rundown of the predictions.....
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:I thought he was quoting Pirate Pal Confusedhh:

When you speak of being famous...I am the first person that comes to mind!! :thumpsup: TongueirateSho