Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Lexington Catholic 11/9/12
In a scrimmage, KC picked off Wburg like 5 times. And Wburg is a better passing oriented team then LC is without Bolin IMO.
There defensive backs can play the pass, but they havent seen it in a while.
Knox wins.
As much as I would love to see Knox win, I just think the buck stops here for Knox. Lex Cath 28 Knox 12. Hopefully Canady runs for 500 yards and Knox pulls it out. Good luck Panthers.
I was talking to a Rockcastle football player, and he told me that he thought Russell Co was the best team they played this year, this included Lex Cath too. With that in mind, I think that a few turnovers really decided the game between Knox Central and Russell Co. So I think I will go with KC in the upset. I know that the Lex Cath QB has done a good job since he replaced Bolin, but Knox Central has been really strong most of the year. They played really good in the win over Harlan Co--I watched it on the web. I think they have a legitimate 50/50 chance to win this game, even at LC. This region has two of the best games in the whole tourney, regardless of class. These may be the best games in 4A this year.
from calpreps.......neutral field
[2012] Lexington Catholic (Lexington, KY) 31, [2012] Knox Central (Barbourville, KY) 21
HonestJohn Wrote:I was talking to a Rockcastle football player, and he told me that he thought Russell Co was the best team they played this year, this included Lex Cath too. With that in mind, I think that a few turnovers really decided the game between Knox Central and Russell Co. So I think I will go with KC in the upset. I know that the Lex Cath QB has done a good job since he replaced Bolin, but Knox Central has been really strong most of the year. They played really good in the win over Harlan Co--I watched it on the web. I think they have a legitimate 50/50 chance to win this game, even at LC. This region has two of the best games in the whole tourney, regardless of class. These may be the best games in 4A this year.

Not saying the bolded isn't relevant but I remember talking to a Lincoln County player in 2001 and asked him who was better: Boyle County or Rockastle County. He replied Rockastle by far.

Boyle 49 Rockastle 14.

Good luck to both teams and may they both play injury free. :Thumbs:
^ All teams match up differently.. LC has an excellent young man who catches about everything so you will have to cover him..
Lex Cath by 14
knighted Wrote:[B][B][B][B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

That I believe........I just figured any Catholic hating fan would much rather beat Lex Cath themselves....you know...just think how sweet that ride would be back to Bolye Co. after you had just knocked off us at our home field and be the team that ended our playoff run..............Confusedhh: unless you are really worried about how awful that same drive would be if Lex Cath ended Boyle's playoff run so you would be hoping that Knox beat us to save you the grief. Shame on you Bitter Jack. You should have more faith in Boyle Co.'s team. :moon:

Knighted, that's because he knows that Boyle Co. CAN'T beat Catholic this year nor twice last season, that's why he's pulling for the underdog. I told you don't mind him. As you can see from his post messages, he's not very literate as well.
knighted Wrote:Sounds like you're coming around Jack. I for one have nothing but respect for Boyle County football and most of their fans. Billy Goldsmith, who is an assistant coach for BC, is a very good friend of mine long before he and his son Boone, came there. I was talking to Billy after our last game with the Rebels and he told me he expected his team to either fold up and lay down, or come out swinging for the remainder of the season . Guess which one BC did?

I too have much respect for the Rebel Nation. It's Jack that puts a bitter taste on all Catholic fans. I do hope that Boyle Co. ground and pound Russell Co.
maximus73 Wrote:Knox wins.

That guy can't move. Feet not nimble or quick enough. 1 gapper, not lateral.
knighted Wrote:Sounds like you're coming around Jack. I for one have nothing but respect for Boyle County football and most of their fans. Billy Goldsmith, who is an assistant coach for BC, is a very good friend of mine long before he and his son Boone, came there. I was talking to Billy after our last game with the Rebels and he told me he expected his team to either fold up and lay down, or come out swinging for the remainder of the season . Guess which one BC did?

I have respect for Lex cath to,but for reasons which i'll not mention i just don't like Bill Letton.i had all the respect in the world for Bob Sphire.i thought he ran a first class program.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In a scrimmage, KC picked off Wburg like 5 times. And Wburg is a better passing oriented team then LC is without Bolin IMO.

You evidently have'nt saw Lex Cath's new Qb.you may change your mind by about 10 oclock friday night.
FBfan4life Wrote:I too have much respect for the Rebel Nation. It's Jack that puts a bitter taste on all Catholic fans. I do hope that Boyle Co. ground and pound Russell Co.

Maybe they will, but I hope that they don't for many reasons least of which is so you can keep spewing your venomous dislike of Russell County while trying to act like you don't .
FBfan4life Wrote:Knighted, that's because he knows that Boyle Co. CAN'T beat Catholic this year nor twice last season, that's why he's pulling for the underdog. I told you don't mind him. As you can see from his post messages, he's not very literate as well.

Hey smarta--, i suppose you're an english teacher.i can respect knighted,but i have none for you thats why you're on my ignore list.if this post is literate or not i'm sure you understand what i'm saying.do us both a favor and leave me out of your posts.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In a scrimmage, KC picked off Wburg like 5 times. And Wburg is a better passing oriented team then LC is without Bolin IMO.

Preseson post season there a liitle bit of time between there just sayin
To Jack Lambert,
Have you ever met Bill Letton? Actually that's a rhetorical question. Of course you haven't. Because if you had you would know that he is a man of high class and character and cares nothing more about his family and the young men on his football team. I won't poke fun of your illiterate and nonsensical posts, but don't judge someone before you meet them. And furthermore, don't berate the young men and coaches of Lexington Catholic behind the alias of a Login name without having any knowledge of their character.

Sincerely,
knightgrad

Knights by 21.
Goodluck tomorrow night Catholic! Hope that we will be making our annual playoff matchup again next friday for the Regional Championship.
knightgrad Wrote:To Jack Lambert,
Have you ever met Bill Letton? Actually that's a rhetorical question. Of course you haven't. Because if you had you would know that he is a man of high class and character and cares nothing more about his family and the young men on his football team. I won't poke fun of your illiterate and nonsensical posts, but don't judge someone before you meet them. And furthermore, don't berate the young men and coaches of Lexington Catholic behind the alias of a Login name without having any knowledge of their character.

Sincerely,
knightgrad

Knights by 21.

I was talking to FBfan4life not you,but this post is for the both of you.Bill maybe all you say he is,and i never questond his character in my post,i just said i didn't like him. i don't recall saying anything about any of the Lex Cath players or other coaches in my post,don't try to put words on here that i didn't say,to try and cover up your smarta-- post.both of you went farther than poking fun.you got personal.like i said before keep me out of your posts.i don't care for either of you at all.thats why both of you are on my ignore list.by the way you're not as literate as you think you are.good day,and good riddance.
All hell shall break loose if KC and RC win tomorrow.
Lexington Catholic 28

Knox Central 24
From what all is being said on here Knox and Russell should just stay home cause all the lex Cath and Boyle fans say they have already won and there is no reason for us to play. Since their already making plans for next weeks game!! Sounds like to me that they are both aren't giving us any respect!!! So I guess we will just have to beat a little respect out of them Friday night. Go panther and lakers kick some of that chosen ones butt!!
panther nation Wrote:From what all is being said on here Knox and Russell should just stay home cause all the lex Cath and Boyle fans say they have already won and there is no reason for us to play. Since their already making plans for next weeks game!! Sounds like to me that they are both aren't giving us any respect!!! So I guess we will just have to beat a little respect out of them Friday night. Go panther and lakers kick some of that chosen ones butt!!

Knox Central has a really good chance at beathing catholic as long as they don't make any turnovers..
Good luck to Knox....Although I'm not exactly a Boyle County fan(definitely not), I do think Jack Lambert on here is usually pretty respectful of the other posters. There's no reason to berate him for his expressing his opinion. If you want to be enlightened by some fine rhetorical skills, listen to what comes out of the mouths of the players of Lex. Cath. during the games. There is some number one, grade A, privately schooled language skills going on there. Even my kid said after that game that he had never heard anything like that before. He said it sounded like the "Jersey Shore" met up with the P Diddy hour. fo' shizel I don't know anything about Bill Letton....I just know that he and LexCath beat our rearends good. But, I think that the Knox game will be considerably more challenging than the Rockcastle game for Lexington Catholic. Those sailor mouthed boys had better snap on their chin straps and put in their mouth pieces, especially along the line.
TGIF
The best part of football is being able to settle it on the field. God Bless both teams and their supporters.......
[quote=RunItUpTheGut]In a scrimmage, KC picked off Wburg like 5 times. And Wburg is a better passing oriented team then LC is without Bolin IMO.

I have to disagree with you on this one my friend. I actually think LC is better without Bolin. I think overall they are much better than last year. I don't think this game will even be close. The only team that has a chance to beat the Knights is Highlands and I believe that will be a close game.

Also, I guess the election didn't go your way Smile
I'm going with Knox
adopted purple Wrote:[quote=RunItUpTheGut]In a scrimmage, KC picked off Wburg like 5 times. And Wburg is a better passing oriented team then LC is without Bolin IMO.

I have to disagree with you on this one my friend. I actually think LC is better without Bolin. I think overall they are much better than last year. I don't think this game will even be close. The only team that has a chance to beat the Knights is Highlands and I believe that will be a close game.

Also, I guess the election didn't go your way Smile

i think highlands will handle lexington catholic pretty good just like they did last year with bolin if they are lucky enough to get that far..
42-35..the winner has less turnovers...if none - Knox
Go Panthers..Win or Lose. We are Proud of your great season. especially beating harlan county and The bears beating bell county. So we beat Bell by default..lol