Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central @ Lexington Catholic 11/9/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
couldnt find where this game would be played,but should be one heck of a game
Catholic in a close one with the home field being the advantage putting Catholic over the top.
This will be the first game since Johnson Central that we are the clear underdogs. I kinda like that as I have seen a touch of arrogance affect us in the last couple of games. We need to come hungry and fight for something our school has never had. Anything less than our very best and we will come up short.
The game will be at Lex cath,i hope Knox wins,and they have a chance since Lex Cath has lost Bolin,but they'll have to play thier best to have a chance to bring home a win.good luck Knox.
LC
Aug 17, 12 Bell County home 21 - 7 (W) Click
Aug 25, 12 Ensworth, TN home 14 - 62 (L) Click Bluegrass Bowl
Aug 31, 12 Lafayette home 42 - 7 (W) Click
Sep 7, 12 Male away 28 - 7 (W) Click
Sep 14, 12 Madison Central home 41 - 23 (W) Click
Sep 21, 12 Mercer County away 34 - 16 (W) Click
Sep 28, 12 Boyle County home 24 - 21 (W) Click
Oct 5, 12 Taylor County away 56 - 14 (W) Click
Oct 19, 12 Marion County home 55 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 26, 12 Bowling Green away 21 - 35 (L) Click
Nov 2, 12 Rockcastle County home 48 - 0 (W) no

KC
Aug 17, 12 South Laurel at Lynn Camp 40 - 21 (W) Click Pioneer Bowl
Aug 25, 12 Karns, TN at Corbin 14 - 7 (W) Click Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic
Aug 31, 12 Johnson Central at Clay County 39 - 29 (W) Click Appalachian Bowl
Sep 7, 12 Gatlinburg-Pittman, TN home 34 - 6 (W) Click
Sep 14, 12 Clinton, TN home 48 - 28 (W) Click
Sep 21, 12 Harlan County home 12 - 6 (W) Click
Sep 28, 12 Clay County away 42 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 12, 12 Rockcastle County away 47 - 14 (W) Click
Oct 19, 12 Russell County home 19 - 35 (L) Click
Oct 26, 12 Madison Central away 44 - 36 (W) Click (overtime)
Nov 2, 12 Mercer County home 41 - 20 (W) no
I think Knox Central's fine season will come to an end next Friday. I am pulling for them, but Lexington Catholic may be better now, than they were before they lost Bolin.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The game will be at Lex cath,i hope Knox wins,and they have a chance since Lex Cath has lost Bolin,but they'll have to play :yum:thier best to have a chance to bring home a win.good luck Knox.

Jaaaaack...buddy......You saying that you hope knox wins? Sorry, but I"m not buying that. Now you know in your heart that you would much rather beat Lex Cath and put an end to our season than you would by beating knox central. Especially after Boyle had Catholic by the ba--- in the first game when Bolin went down near haftime.
Where will the game be played if it turns out to be a Boyle/Knox matchup?
Lex Cath wins by 2-3 scores probably. Pulling for the Panthers though.
toolaidback Wrote:Where will the game be played if it turns out to be a Boyle/Knox matchup?

my question too
lol, Boling is a great player, one of the best in a long line of great quarterbacks at Lexington Catholic. However, since he went down, I truly believe the Knights have come out with a bigger chip on their shoulder than they had before. They held Rockcastle County to 12 TOTAL yards. 6 rushing and 6 passing. Along with Reese Ryan's 5 TOTAL TD's. Knox Central will provide excellent competition to prepare the knights for the region championship. The Knights need to come out with great focus to stop the Panthers strong rushing attack with their massive backfield. Best of luck to both teams.
toolaidback Wrote:Where will the game be played if it turns out to be a Boyle/Knox matchup?

They would play it at Knox Central because they are both 2 seeds in district play and since Knox's district is an even numbered district and this is an even numbered year.
Knox Central wins 21 to 17. Knox Centrals Jeffery Canady has a huge game.
Catholic by 14 pts. Knighted, pay no attention to that bafoom Jack. He just truly hates Catholic with a passion and would pick them to loose every game, even if its against an 0-10 team. He's just a bitter man.
I think the Knights will have their hands full trying to stop the Panther ground game. They will chew up a lot of possession time, keeping this a low scoring game.
I'd love to see this game. Would have been heaven if this game and the Boyle/Russell was a double header for everyone to see.
I hope KC can handle the LC passing attack. I think they will win the battle in the middle with the big line. I wouldn't be comparing Rockcastle games between LC and Knox Central....Rock got worse as the season went along. With the injuries...the can't help its...and the lacksadaisical play, Rock couldn't have beat the skid mark out of a dirty pair of drawers by the seasons end. Score on them once or twice and they were done. I was very disappointed with this season as it played out and don't even think they should have qualified for a playoff game. There should be five teams in every district so you have to win at least one district game to advance. This don't mean I don't care a great deal for the kids on the team and I like the coaching staff....It means losing got too easy for this Rockcastle team to take this year. It was business as normal when the kids walked off the field last night over around the locker room with the cutting up and playing around after the game. You gotta hate losing more than love winning. Good luck to Knox Central.
Can't see Knox winning at LC...
I'll go with the PANTHERS
Rebel55 Wrote:I'd love to see this game. Would have been heaven if this game and the Boyle/Russell was a double header for everyone to see.

I agree, we have what's likely 4 of the top 6 teams meeting this week. Would have brought a bigger crowd than UK had today.
Lex Cath by 21
This will be a very even game.
KC will play the same type of ball as Bell and if Bolin wouldnt have played against Bell, IMO, it would have been a loss.

KC has a good shot at this.

This region, with these two games, may be the two best games in the state this week.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This will be a very even game.
KC will play the same type of ball as Bell and if Bolin wouldnt have played against Bell, IMO, it would have been a loss.

KC has a good shot at this.

This region, with these two games, may be the two best games in the state this week.

And I think you may also have two games where the two perenial powers take care business and send two wanna be's home with fairly lopesided loses.
sstack Wrote:[/COLOR]

And I think you may also have two games where the two perenial powers take care business and send two wanna be's home with fairly lopesided loses.

I understand why you hope that's the case.
LEX CATH by 10.
sstack Wrote:[/COLOR]

And the two "perenial powers" might have to eat crow for an entire year.

You dont know a bit more about who will win this game than anyone else.
I know you havent seen Russell or Knox in person.....
laker20 Wrote:I understand why you hope that's the case.

Actually you are wrong, if you look back you will see I stated that I and most HHS fans would love to see a new team like RC come to our place for the playoffs. A new face and a team that is unbeaten would bring a lot of excitement.
Why do you think I would hope they get beat, I said I think they will, but never that I hope they do. In fact, I usually root for the underdog in games not involving my team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And the two "perenial powers" might have to eat crow for an entire year.

You dont know a bit more about who will win this game than anyone else.
I know you havent seen Russell or Knox in person.....

You are right,but I have been playing/watching HHS for 40 years go deep into the playoffs, and every year their is a team or two like RC and KC who have big time record against bad competition and the fans think they are on the same level as the top teams in the state, only to have a poor showing. Will the same thing happen to RC and KC this year? Do not know, but the odds are against them.
And no I have not see the two teams in person, but I have seen top KY teams and Ohio teams and know how much better HHS is than most of 4A teams. Have you seen HHS, Cov Cath, Elder in person? If so, do you really think RC is on the same level as those teams?
sstack Wrote:You are right,but I have been playing/watching HHS for 40 years go deep into the playoffs, and every year their is a team or two like RC and KC who have big time record against bad competition and the fans think they are on the same level as the top teams in the state, only to have a poor showing. Will the same thing happen to RC and KC this year? Do not know, but the odds are against them.
And no I have not see the two teams in person, but I have seen top KY teams and Ohio teams and know how much better HHS is than most of 4A teams. Have you seen HHS, Cov Cath, Elder in person? If so, do you really think RC is on the same level as those teams?

I definitely agree with you on the first statement.
For example, temas like JC, Whitley, and Harlan County all "thought" they could have competed with and maybe even beaten Highlands in the playoffs, but it didnt happen. Its an entire different world of football, however, i think with these two teams, the gap has closed on that region. Will any of those teams give Highlands a scare? Prolly not, but I think its very possible that RC and KC could come away with wins this weekend.
KnightTime Wrote:lol, Boling is a great player, one of the best in a long line of great quarterbacks at Lexington Catholic. However, since he went down, I truly believe the Knights have come out with a bigger chip on their shoulder than they had before. They held Rockcastle County to 12 TOTAL yards. 6 rushing and 6 passing. Along with Reese Ryan's 5 TOTAL TD's. Knox Central will provide excellent competition to prepare the knights for the region championship. The Knights need to come out with great focus to stop the Panthers strong rushing attack with their massive backfield. Best of luck to both teams.

I think this will be a test for Catholic. I hope you are correct . But Beating Taylor,Marion and Rockcastle makes it hard for me to judge how good they are at this point. I do think they have a good D-Line and Knox wont get it up the middle. Please KHSAA eliminate the 1st round of the playoffs. The only thing that comes from this round is injuries.
Pages: 1 2 3 4