Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County's Coal Miner Memorial Stadium
The Bear Palace!
That home grandstand looks HUGE and legit!

Very nice.
Can't wait!!!!!!!
I absolutely love Rainbow Johnson! He is great for the kids of Harlan Co. And he does a lot for the community. He may be one of the best!
Rainbow is all about Harlan Co. and the kids of Harlan Co.
Well, his commentaries during the games are colorful!!

Bond......JAMES Bond..
Nice stadium. Please post some pics when they get Granny Bear's Den installed.
Home side
^ Great pic! That is a LEGIT grandstand. Best in the mountains I would say. I personally love how it goes endzone to endzone.

Belfry's only goes 15 to 15. Love to see us expand. Maybe Harlan Co. will inspire some expansion Wink
That looks like a awesome stadium. Happy for the folks in Harlan County and also the kids that get to play on that field. Just goes to show everybody that because we're from the mountains our kids don't have to settle for second rate.........thats "prime time" right there.:Thumbs:
Live action!!!!
Smile
The ONLY... and I mean ONLY.... complaint I have is the track around the field. I know this is being picky but I simply do not like the big areas behind the goal post where you have to fill in back to the track.

Very minor complaint on simply an outstanding facility which very well may be the most beautiful in EKY, and perhaps the entire state. HCHS fans are very blessed and all those who put in tireless hours to secure funding and get this thing done certainly need to be commended on a job well done.
Nicely done HC.
I wish the pieces would have fell in place for our stadium we planned on a few years ago, but we just had to have soccer, and im not sure we wanted to move our facilities off the main campus anyways.
Goal posts are up!
^
Any news on if it will be ready for the Whitley game Patriot?
It sounded today like Bell is more likely, or maybe the playoffs.
I'm glad for Coach Larkey and the rest of the Black Bears that the true home of Harlan County HS football is nearing completion.
New Photo
^ All I have to say is "WOW!!!"
Patriot Wrote:Goal posts are up!

I know!!

Drove by last night....
Very impressive stadium. This stadium looks to be one of the finest in the area and state. It is good to see mountain programs having such state of the art facilities. If I were a Black Bear I would be very proud.
Looks nice. I love the name they chose for the stadium. Well done.
HDE Wrote:It sounded today like Bell is more likely, or maybe the playoffs.

I can see that.
The Whitley game is only 3 weeks away.
This is beautiful. Which doesn't surprise me after looking at pictures of the high school and the gymnasium. Black Bears, you guys have some amazing facilities!
We are very proud of what we have here and the kids take a lot of pride in it....they have really taken care of what they have been given.
GetChili Wrote:^ All I have to say is "WOW!!!"

My thoughts exactly!
McCameraMan Wrote:This is beautiful. Which doesn't surprise me after looking at pictures of the high school and the gymnasium. Black Bears, you guys have some amazing facilities!

FIRST Class!
I'm telling you...and I know your tired of hearing it from me....until you see it live....words just can't do it justice.
New Pictures of Coal Miners Memorial Stadium.
More Pictures