Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co @ Highlands 8/17
This should be a good game. I really don't think neither teams are afraid of each other..:hilarious: I think boyle has a good chance going in there winning with it being the first game of the season and highlands breaking in a new qb and the offense might be a little different and need adjusting.. Good luck to both teams!
I gotta give highlands the slight edge with them being home and being the 4time defending 5a and current 4a state champions...

Boyle County 21
Highlands 28
I'm not sure about what Highlands lost from last year,but IMO after watching last years Boyle scrimmage,and this years scrimmage. again it's only an opinion,but i believe this years Boyle team is 2 to 3 TDS better on offense at this point than last years team.it's hard to tell on defense because they dominated Rowans offense so much.i do think Boyle's defense will be better than last years after they get a few games under thier belt.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I'm not sure about what Highlands lost from last year,but IMO after watching last years Boyle scrimmage,and this years scrimmage. again it's only an opinion,but i believe this years Boyle team is 2 to 3 TDS better on offense at this point than last years team.it's hard to tell on defense because they dominated Rowans offense so much.i do think Boyle's defense will be better than last years after they get a few games under thier belt.

heres a article on higlands saying they lost around 23 seniors...

http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=3835
Thunder Lips Wrote:I think Boyle pulls the "mild" upset. Any team that takes a 51-0 beating in a half of football has to be mentally scarred.

That is one thing with this HHS team that I never worry about. Any time some one other than T beats HHS it is a big upset and the other teams celebrate like it!
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:heres a article on higlands saying they lost around 23 seniors...

http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=3835

I hope the rest of the Bluebird nations as confident as Dan Clasgens is about the rest of 4a rolling over and handing Highlands another state title.:dontthink
Jack Lambert Wrote:I hope the rest of the Bluebird nations as confident as Dan Clasgens is about the rest of 4a rolling over and handing Highlands another state title.:dontthink

yea lol
I know Trinity is on another level, but after hearing about how Highlands did in this game on defense, I now think this game will be much more close. I think Boyle has a good chance.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I know Trinity is on another level, but after hearing about how Highlands did in this game on defense, I now think this game will be much more close. I think Boyle has a good chance.

What did you hear other than the score? Did you hear that special teams gave T 's Offense starting field position everytime in HHS territory? Did you see that HHS D did some good things but T's stud D1 offensive players broke off big runs/catches (no other team in the state will have offensive explosiveness like they do)? Did you forget last year T did the same thing to HHS and Highlands easily beat Boyle? I am not saying that they will again, but it is hard to understand how you can make that prediction when you have not see Highlands or Trinity play. I would tell you/everyone, if you get a chance to see T play it is worth the price of admission; Their starting O and D is something that does not come around often for a HS team. It truely was men against boys in this game, it will not be that way against Boyle or anyother team they play this year. Who do you think got more from their scrimmage, Boyle playing a bad team and winning 63-0, or HHS playing one of the top teams in the country and getting pounded? I am not sure either got much out of it. Looking forward to next week to see where both these teams stand.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I know Trinity is on another level, but after hearing about how Highlands did in this game on defense, I now think this game will be much more close. I think Boyle has a good chance.

That scrimmage had not bearing at all on the Boyle-HHS matchup. NONE. :please:

Highlands will be the toughest test Boyle will face all season. Can the Rebels win? Certainly possible. I have all the confidence in Boyle to put themselves in position to win the game. But it will have nothing to do with the Trinity-HHS scrimmage.
35-28 Birds
35-32 birds
I think Boyle fans would be content with either of the last two predictions

Is it Friday yet?
Blah blah blah. Keep your comments shorts folks. HHS by 3 ( 17-14 ).
42-14 Highlands.
Boyle Co.35-28 GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MSU Eagle Wrote:I think Boyle fans would be content with either of the last two predictions

Is it Friday yet?

I would think Boyle fans would not be happy with predictions that have their team losing! It is a new season and I am sure they are coming to Ft Thomas to win!
sstack Wrote:I would think Boyle fans would not be happy with predictions that have their team losing! It is a new season and I am sure they are coming to Ft Thomas to win!

Has to be the best game of this week in KY. Its the opener for two of the best teams in 4A in a grudge-rematch. nice way to kickoff the season. each team has something to prove. should be a great one to watch! too bad im working the grill at the game, hopefully i dont burn too many burgers rubberneckin them birds and rebs....
sstack Wrote:I would think Boyle fans would not be happy with predictions that have their team losing! It is a new season and I am sure they are coming to Ft Thomas to win!

I didn't say happy, I said content. I'm just saying a team couldn't be too disappointed if they go to Fort Thomas and play Highlands with a chance to win at the end, even if they lose it. That being said I hope Boyle wins and really believe they can
Nice article in the Courier Journal in an interview with Dale:

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...-Highlands
Belly left belly right Boyle runs on highlands friday night. Go Rebels.
One thing's for sure this coming friday night; We'll know if Trinity is really that good or if Highlands is just not as strong as in years past.
Boyle fans might be content. But most likely not. They have high expectations every year and it doesn't sit well with some when they are predicted to lose
Definately the best game this week. Whoever whens this game will most likely be the favorite to win 4A
Highlands
Highlands - 3
Boyle Co - 2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sawmill Wrote:Belly left belly right Boyle runs on highlands friday night. Go Rebels.

you cant be one dimensional against them birds, theyll tear it up.
better be FAST FAST FAST too.

Highlands D really didnt look all that bad against T, as crazy as that sounds.
special teams looked, well special.
offense didnt gain a yard. the birds held them a couple times, and got turnovers. it was that Quick that made it lopsided.

Quick is a total freak, i dont know if ive seen one player make that big of an impact at WR. and i played with hamblen. When you triple team him it opens up the whole world. especially when they have a Trinity 3 year starter quarterback.

oh and i was just at pregame, them birds are pissed off.
birdman44 Wrote:you cant be one dimensional against them birds, theyll tear it up.
better be FAST FAST FAST too.

Highlands D really didnt look all that bad against T, as crazy as that sounds.
special teams looked, well special.
offense didnt gain a yard. the birds held them a couple times, and got turnovers. it was that Quick that made it lopsided.

Quick is a total freak, i dont know if ive seen one player make that big of an impact at WR. and i played with hamblen. When you triple team him it opens up the whole world. especially when they have a Trinity 3 year starter quarterback.

oh and i was just at pregame, them birds are pissed off.

I agree with a lot you say here,as funny as it sounds their D showed some good things in the scrimmage.They put good pressure on QB,just let too many big plays by some players who no other teams have the likes of.

I think HHS pass happy O will test Boyle's young and injured (Hellyer out with injury) D backfield early and often. If HHS WR's can have a good night, it could lead to some early scores and put a lot of pressure on Boyle. Boyle lost a lot of offensive fire power too and will expect a lot from JR. running back(forget his name). The more I have been reading up about Boyle, the better I feel about HHS winning. The thing that worries me most is being the first game of year and making silly mistakes and allowing Boyle to stay in the game into the 4th. Still think HHS wins by 2-3 TD's.
does anyone know if Collinsworth or Christian will be playing tomorrow? They did not play in the T scrimmage. Did #4 Seidle play in the scrimmage did not see him? is he hurt or something? Game time decisions?
this will be a good game with 2 powerhouses i think im gonna go with boyle idk much about highlands but i know they lost towles and that has to hurt although im sure they have reloaded
birdman44 Wrote:does anyone know if Collinsworth or Christian will be playing tomorrow? They did not play in the T scrimmage. Did #4 Seidle play in the scrimmage did not see him? is he hurt or something? Game time decisions?

That's the type of info for us to know and opponents to find out when the game begins.