Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co @ Highlands 8/17
[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...nty-ky.gif]

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...nds-ky.gif]

Bolye county at Highlands. Who do you like and by how much. I like Highlands by 21. Highlands 42 Boyle 21.
Highlands
Rebels
Boyle.
Highlands by 10+, but would love to see the Rebels win.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Highlands.
Is it possible to tie?
Highlands
Unlike last year, when Highlands was clearly a 40pt better team(Highlands stopped themselves that game), I think this will be a 10-14 pt hard fought Highlands win. It will take a few games for Highlands offense to click. Boyle was also a bit inexperienced last year on offense. I think Boyle's QB will have a good game, and a good season. I think he's a solid player.

You do need to remember, Highlands current Jr. class went to Boyle as freshmen and put about a 60pt beatdown on the Boyle freshmen that year. A lot of those same guys will be on the field this year. I hardly think Boyle's Jr class has closed that gap.
Depends on the post Trinity scrimmage injury report, but I can't see them losing a home opener anytime soon.....
Probably have not. Good thing it's not Jr. class vs. Jr. class.
Rebels will start 8 Sr's on O and 9 Sr's on D.
But will have to play almost flawless to win at Highlands. Would imagine highlands should be favored. But thats why you play the game. You never know.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Depends on the post Trinity scrimmage injury report, but I can't see them losing a home opener anytime soon.....

I would actually think the first game of the season is the best time to play them.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Unlike last year, when Highlands was clearly a 40pt better team(Highlands stopped themselves that game), I think this will be a 10-14 pt hard fought Highlands win. It will take a few games for Highlands offense to click. Boyle was also a bit inexperienced last year on offense. I think Boyle's QB will have a good game, and a good season. I think he's a solid player.

You do need to remember, Highlands current Jr. class went to Boyle as freshmen and put about a 60pt beatdown on the Boyle freshmen that year. A lot of those same guys will be on the field this year. I hardly think Boyle's Jr class has closed that gap.

Stranger things have happened. Remember Harrodsburg beating Boyle 60-0 in '77 with the Tank, and Parks show. Next year Boyle beat Gus Parks and company 17-0 and shut them out till '81. Never know from year to year but it's a great challenge for the Rebels to start out with. :Thumbs:
Birds have not lost at home since a '06 playoff game.
RepeatRings Wrote:Birds have not lost at home since a '06 playoff game.

i think the last time was cov cath at highlands reg season that year. the birds lost at cov cath in playoffs i think ( the playoff would be at cov cath because they beat the birds in reg season and in the playoffs)

first game of season vs birds could be a good thing for boyle or a bad thing...

if boyle hasn't jelled yet the birds will destroy them.

if the birds haven't jelled yet and boyle plays hard boyle could hang in there long enough to make it crazy.

the offensive line would the aspect of the birds that boyle will hoping is un-jelled. all the skill players are vets, D will be experienced too
I believe the Rebels have some unfinished business. They have worked extra hard in the off season and this summer come August 17 they'll be ready. GO REBELS!!
birdman44 Wrote:i think the last time was cov cath at highlands reg season that year. the birds lost at cov cath in playoffs i think ( the playoff would be at cov cath because they beat the birds in reg season and in the playoffs)

first game of season vs birds could be a good thing for boyle or a bad thing...

if boyle hasn't jelled yet the birds will destroy them.

if the birds haven't jelled yet and boyle plays hard boyle could hang in there long enough to make it crazy.

the offensive line would the aspect of the birds that boyle will hoping is un-jelled. all the skill players are vets, D will be experienced too

Concerning the Birds O line: Dee returns as the staring center; Schweitzer started a lot at guard and played as much (maybe more) as the other kid that sometimes started. Same went with Whitford until he got hurt. Same with Thome. So there will be 4 returning O linemen that got a whole lot of playing time together last year. Shouldn't be a concern in the first game unless injuries crop up.
Highlands by 21 ..............or more?
charlie22 Wrote:Concerning the Birds O line: Dee returns as the staring center; Schweitzer started a lot at guard and played as much (maybe more) as the other kid that sometimes started. Same went with Whitford until he got hurt. Same with Thome. So there will be 4 returning O linemen that got a whole lot of playing time together last year. Shouldn't be a concern in the first game unless injuries crop up.

Glad to hear, i thought the OLine last year was mostly seniors.
So is there a weakness?
Highlands.............Everybody Plays!
birdman44 Wrote:Glad to hear, i thought the OLine last year was mostly seniors.
So is there a weakness?

Trapp, Robinson and Waldemeyer were all senior linemen. But Highlands O line was so deep last year, Coach Turner went with a heavy rotation. I'd say that for the most part, the returning O linemen played as much as last year's seniors. Lack of experience and playing time should not be an issue at all. If kids stay healthy, it should be an outstanding O line.

To answer your question: no. My only question mark is whether a TE will step up to replace McGurn. McGurn wasn't the biggest kid, but when he caught the ball he ran with it like a RB (which shouldn't have been a surprise as he was a RB until his junior year).

I think Highlands O will be almost as productive, if not as productive, as last year. Might take a game or two to be hitting on all cylinders, but that is the case with almost every team's O, no matter how good it is.
RepeatRings Wrote:Birds have not lost at home since a '06 playoff game.

I hated that game.
well in this game as much as I love the boyle county rebels. I take highlands 21-17 but would love to see the rebel win u never know.
rebel 4 life Wrote:well in this game as much as I love the boyle county rebels. I take highlands 21-17 but would love to see the rebel win u never know.

Isn't the bolded the truth! When you send teenage boys out on the field, you never know for certain what's going to happen.
Highlands center does a great job, but he did launch a few high snaps more often than he should have last year. Luckily the QB was 6'6". Hopefully that's been corrected. If all Highlands has to worry about is a few high snaps, it should be another succesful season.
Highlands at home is almost insurmountable. What I hope for is for Boyle to know no matter how deep they are that only 11 can play at a time. Boyle should be a better team this year than last and Highlands lost some great athletes. But Highlands has many in the wing waiting for their turn, have worked very hard in the off season and are very very well coached. Big order to beat a team like that. But you never know. That's why you play. What I truly want is at the start of the 4th it's anybody's game. Then we all win.
Could I get a report on Boyle? what are they returning and who are the stars?
I went down to Boyle last year and their QB #4? was a soph or junior? he would look really good one play and then mediocre the next. First start for an underclassman first game of the year it is understandable. I know they lost that beefy Hester kid though.
I'll tell you what i can.the QB is a senior this year they return almost all thier recievers from last years team.i think they return all of the O-Line,new running back although he saw alot of action last year late in the season.on defense i'm not so sure they i have several returning starters,but i'd have to look at a roster to be sure.they should return about 75% of thier starters overall,and they should be better than last years team.Hester always puts a good Defense on the field.Boyle should be solid this year,but beating Highlands at Highlands is a tall order for anyone.