Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Garrard County
18.75%
Belfry
81.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Garrard Co (State-Semis) 11/25/11
Garrad wins on a late interception return for a td 36-29
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm pretty sure it's there high school Field unless there Middle School is also called the Golden Lions. Garrard County has a Field House with locker rooms for both teams to go into at halftime, dress, change, etc. etc., they have 2 Golden Lion Statues as you walk out onto the Field. I'm pretty sure there score board has home of the Golden Lions on it or either they have Lions listed as the home team on the score board. Unless they've moved since 2010, that was the last time I was there. I'm friends with one of there players, I'll talk to him and see

It is thier high school field it's a very old stadium.thier new one isn't finished yet.prepare to stand.
just talked to my friend from Garrard County. He said it's there old high school's field which is now there Middle School. He said there practice field is in kinda like a valley which is where there new field is getting built this summer.
Garrard county has a solid team. Lincoln was their signature win on the season. The Bourbon 35-34 win makes you question if they can even play with Belfry. Who you play determines how far you go in November excluding the people you have to play( district).
38-7 over Bath, Bath vs Belfry would have been 48-0 at half against Belfry with their Jv playing the 3rd and their freshman playing the 4th. ( and that's with alot of mercy). Belfry's size up front will be the difference. Belfry will shut Garrard down.
UCFB Wrote:Garrad wins on a late interception return for a td 36-29

It will never be that close.
Nefarious83 Wrote:Belfry - 41
Garrard County - 9

Somewhere in this neighborhood I do agree.
Belfry rolls, Garrard ends one of their best seasons ever one game short of the finals.

Belfry 42
Garrard 13
35-7 Belfry.
garrard could win this game....who has belfry played that is heaps better than this garrard team?
UCFB Wrote:garrard could win this game....who has belfry played that is heaps better than this garrard team?

Ashland, Johnson Central, Breathitt.
I believe the game will come down to the strength of Belfry's defense the combination of ghormley and mullins at linebackers and messer and runyon at ends will be to much to handle and also according to khsaa's stats mullins is second in 3A with tackles about 10 or so behind the kid from garrad co.
If Garrard Co. does not turn the ball over, they make this a 2-3 td game IMO. Lose the turnover +- and it will get ugly.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

UCFB Wrote:Garrad wins on a late interception return for a td 36-29

hear we go again,lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How is the seating at GCHS?

The pictures in the Garrard/Powell thread makes it look like there stadium is very small and older. The KHSAA website lists seating at 3000. If Friday's Breathitt/Belfry game is any indication that will probably be at least 1200-1500 short.

Will they be able to fit everyone?

Could this game potentially get moved to a venue in Danville like Centre College or Admiral Stadium?

[Image: http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-11...205907.jpg]

Home side doesn't look like it would be able to hold the traveling Belfry contingent.. afraid of what the visitor seating looks like.
I was told by some other Pirate fans that the seating is very small and if the turnout for the Pirates is anything like it was at Breathitt then they told me our best bet would to be take our own chairs or stand during the game.
BelfryPirates Wrote:Ashland, Johnson Central, Breathitt.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe these teams are over rated?
BelfryPirates Wrote:Ashland, Johnson Central, Breathitt.

UCFB Wrote:garrard could win this game....who has belfry played that is heaps better than this garrard team?

Jack Lambert Wrote:Did you ever stop to think that maybe these teams are over rated?

Very possible they are. But the question was "who has Belfry played that is heaps better than this garrard team?". I really know very little about Garrard, but to answer the ?, I believe that the above named teams were "heaps" better. Simply by going off of teams played. Garrard very well may beat the Pirates, I have not seen them play. And look forward to seeing them. A team can't get this far without having talent. But, Belfry has played a tougher schedule. That can't be denied. The three teams above are IMO better without even seeing Garrard play. I base my opinion off of teams each have played. I believe that Ashland played the tougher schedule, then JC, then Belfry. IMO Breathitt and Garrard were even on schedule.
I believe that this game will be one heck of a hard fought battle. No doubt that Belfry is tough, but this Garrard team has something special. You can throw out all the records, schedules, who's been here before, who beat who, this and that....and what it boils down to is 2 teams playing in Lancaster this Friday night for the right to move on to Bowling Green to play for the State Championship on the first Friday in December.

Will Belfry roll Garrard?....maybe. Will Garrard roll Belfry?....it's possible. It all depends on what team shows up better prepared, excecutes better, and wants it more. That's why they play the game.

All this chatter on here concerned about the seating capacity @ Dyehouse Stadium this Friday night....get over it. If you don't think they will be enough seating, bring your lawn chair or a comfortable pair of shoes to stand in. We'll fit all of you in somewhere....my advice would be to get there early.

With all that being said, I 'Believe' that Garrard County will pull this game off. They will show up prepared and ready for a war and will win this game 23-21. Taking nothing away from Belfry because I haven't seen them play this year, but I have watched Garrard County play football for the past 5 or 6 years and I have saw something in this team this year that tells me that their season will not end this Friday night.

GO GARRARD! WE ARE GC!!!
Really people, really!!!...I give all respect to Garrard County...I love the fact that they are having a fantastic season and I know they are a solid team...I am sure they will have some success against Belfry and I am really excited to go there and be a part of a state semi-final in Lancaster...However, the Golden Lions have not seen the combination of size, speed, quickness, and toughness that Belfry will bring...Being "quick and scrappy" on defense will not cut it against the Pirates...They will run right through this team and not look back. I may be proven wrong, and If I am I will be the first to admit it, but If this game is within 21 points, it will be a victory for Garrard.
I really like your post old school and I will never say a bad word about your team...I think you will be impressed with Belfry and the crowd they bring and the way they play and I am looking forward to the same things from Garrard County...I can imagine the excitement in Lancaster this season and week. I think this is one of the best stories for KY HS Football this year!!!
old_school_hero Wrote:I believe that this game will be one heck of a hard fought battle. No doubt that Belfry is tough, but this Garrard team has something special. You can throw out all the records, schedules, who's been here before, who beat who, this and that....and what it boils down to is 2 teams playing in Lancaster this Friday night for the right to move on to Bowling Green to play for the State Championship on the first Friday in December.

Will Belfry roll Garrard?....maybe. Will Garrard roll Belfry?....it's possible. It all depends on what team shows up better prepared, excecutes better, and wants it more. That's why they play the game.

All this chatter on here concerned about the seating capacity @ Dyehouse Stadium this Friday night....get over it. If you don't think they will be enough seating, bring your lawn chair or a comfortable pair of shoes to stand in. We'll fit all of you in somewhere....my advice would be to get there early.

With all that being said, I 'Believe' that Garrard County will pull this game off. They will show up prepared and ready for a war and will win this game 23-21. Taking nothing away from Belfry because I haven't seen them play this year, but I have watched Garrard County play football for the past 5 or 6 years and I have saw something in this team this year that tells me that their season will not end this Friday night.

GO GARRARD! WE ARE GC!!!

I admire your faith in your team and Garrard could very well win.

If you want an idea of what Belfry is bringing the Belfry vs. Henry Clay game is on Ihigh. Having not seen Belfry yet I will use horse racing terms to describe the game. Garrard has been in several Allowance and ungraded Stakes Races... Friday they step up in Class to a G1 Stakes Race. If they win, then the Breeder's Cup Championship awaits them.
bucslover68 Wrote:I really like your post old school and I will never say a bad word about your team...I think you will be impressed with Belfry and the crowd they bring and the way they play and I am looking forward to the same things from Garrard County...I can imagine the excitement in Lancaster this season and week. I think this is one of the best stories for KY HS Football this year!!!

It will be a heck of game, I believe. It will be an electric atmosphere in Lancaster on Friday....GC has the whole town behind them and I am sure Belfry will be bringing a huge contingent as well.

It is a great story...on one side you have a team that has been there before with a rich football tradition. On the other side you have a team who is having its best season in school history with this game being their first state semi-final game.

Can't wait until kick-off this Friday night!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This time of the year I think you can... but for the sake of arguement:

Danville is the best team GCHS played.

Put the Ads on Belfry's schedule:

1. Ashland
2. Breathitt
3. Johnson Central

4. Henry Clay
5. Pike Central
6. Danville

7. Pikeville
Interesting,, I'll play along,,, Ashland - Belfry wins 7-6, Ashland beats Russell 35 - 14,
Garrard beats Russell 40 - 6,,,, Pike County Central - Belfry wins 52 - 20, Pike County
Central loses to Powell 38 -34, Garrard beats Powell 57 - 27 and 48 - 16,,, Johnson
Central beats Belfry 21 14, Johnson Central loses to Ashland 22 - 6, Ashland beats Russell
35-14, Garrard beats Russell 40 - 6.. Looks like Belfry will have their hands full,, Enjoy
the bus ride....
I hope everyone from Belfry has the opportunity to come,, Yes, Visitor seating is what
it is.. Belfry will more than likely bring the largest opposing crowd ever to step foot into
Dyehouse Stadium so come prepared....

Both teams will be ready for the other. I feel that both teams are very different and each
will pose a problem for the other. That being said I "Believe" this one will come down to
turnovers and mistakes. If Garrard can keep their emotions under control and protect the
ball, it will be a very exciting game...

My hat goes off to 3 gentlemen from Belfry that drove thru Lancaster on Saturday
checking out the location. They dropped a few bucks in our Bucket Brigade for the GC
Football players and said they would see us on Friday.... CLASS ACT Belfry Fans just
simply a CLASS ACT !!!! Thanks,,,
There's a lot of chatter on here about Garrard being smallish and the big bad Belfry pirates being too big, bad and strong to handle, sounds similar to some of the chatter coming from the Russell fans leading up to that game...

What's the big deal with the size of the stadium? I think the size of the stadium and the close confines will only add to what is sure to be an electric atmosphere!! I've been to plenty of football games in recent years that where standing room only, two that come to mind are a Russell/Breathitt game @ Breathitt a few years back, that game was standing room only, four and five rows deep in some places. Another game involves Russell @ Russell and I want to say the opponent was Belfry, but I could be mistaken, anyway, that game was also standing room only, several rows deep in some places and in both cases I say the close confines of the standing room only crowd in relationship to the field was a major factor in the outcome of the game. I'm going to this game, hoping to find a seat, but I'll be prepared to stand the entire game if need be, cause it's sure to be one heck of a slobber knocker!! :redboxer:
Ramcat77 Wrote:I'm going to this game, hoping to find a seat, but I'll be prepared to stand the entire game if need be, cause it's sure to be one heck of a slobber knocker!! :redboxer:

Oh, I got your seat saved! You'll be standing on the top row of the home side bleachers with us Garrard Crazies!! HAHA!!!
jw4914 Wrote:I hope everyone from Belfry has the opportunity to come,, Yes, Visitor seating is what
it is.. Belfry will more than likely bring the largest opposing crowd ever to step foot into
Dyehouse Stadium so come prepared....

Both teams will be ready for the other. I feel that both teams are very different and each
will pose a problem for the other. That being said I "Believe" this one will come down to
turnovers and mistakes. If Garrard can keep their emotions under control and protect the
ball, it will be a very exciting game...

My hat goes off to 3 gentlemen from Belfry that drove thru Lancaster on Saturday
checking out the location. They dropped a few bucks in our Bucket Brigade for the GC
Football players and said they would see us on Friday.... CLASS ACT Belfry Fans just
simply a CLASS ACT !!!! Thanks,,,

Belfry people as a whole are just down to earth, blue collar folks who you'd want to have as a neighbor, and they LOVE their Pirates. One of the themes for this year is Faith Family Football and I think it is a good one.

Glad those 3 guys made a good impression. What were they driving? :biggrin:
Belfry rolls in this one. Go Pirates! Another Mountain School in the state championship.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Belfry people as a whole are just down to earth, blue collar folks who you'd want to have as a neighbor, and they LOVE their Pirates. One of the themes for this year is Faith Family Football and I think it is a good one.

Glad those 3 guys made a good impression. What were they driving? :biggrin:
They were in a Black Tahoe,,, Said they were on their way to Lexington and thought
that they would swing bye and see where we were...License plate was Pike County.
They cut-up for a minute about having enough room for the Belfry faithful and headed
on to Lexington....
I like the theme! One of ours is "In God, all things are possible!" Thus, our motto
"Believe".....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I admire your faith in your team and Garrard could very well win.

If you want an idea of what Belfry is bringing the Belfry vs. Henry Clay game is on Ihigh. Having not seen Belfry yet I will use horse racing terms to describe the game. Garrard has been in several Allowance and ungraded Stakes Races... Friday they step up in Class to a G1 Stakes Race. If they win, then the Breeder's Cup Championship awaits them.

I wouldn't use a Henry Clay game to impress anybody no offense to the Blue Devils,but Henry clay has fallen on hard times over the past few years there no where near the program they use to be.