Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Garrard Co (State-Semis) 11/25/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Belfry here again and Garrard County for the 1st time ever,i dont know anything about Garrad, so how wins and why,i got to go with the Pirates by atleast 3tds..
Belfry here again and Garrard County for the 1st time ever,i dont know anything about Garrad, so how wins and why,i got to go with the Pirates by atleast 3tds..
Garrard has a couple of their games on Ihigh if you want to watch them.

Solid team..balanced offense...aggressive defense that flows well. They have a couple quick backs and their QB is dangerous.

Belfry, from a physical standpoint and an experience standpoint definitely will enter this as a favorite. If the Pirates don't bring their A-game Garrard can beat them though. If the Pirate defense brings the same intensity as tonight and the offense protects the ball and executes I like the Pirates chances of getting back to Bowling Green.
Added a Poll
Garrad County Golden Lions.
Aug 19, 11 Clay County home 40 - 38 (W) Click Hall of Fame Bowl
(four overtimes)
Aug 27, 11 Danville away 14 - 22 (L) Click Bob Allen Bowl
Sep 2, 11 Lloyd Memorial away 38 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 9, 11 Lincoln County away 35 - 25 (W) Click
Sep 23, 11 Bath County home 37 - 8 (W) Click
Sep 30, 11 Powell County home 57 - 27 (W) Click
Oct 7, 11 Bourbon County away 35 - 34 (W) Click (overtime)
Oct 14, 11 Western Hills home 56 - 40 (W) Click
Oct 21, 11 Estill County away 39 - 12 (W) Click
Oct 28, 11 Madison Southern away 52 - 14 (W) Click
Nov 4, 11 West Carter home 55 - 6 (W) Click 2011 Class 3A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 11, 11 Russell home 40 - 6 (W) Click 2011 Class 3A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 18, 11 Powell County home 48 - 16 (W) no 2011 Class 3A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 25, 11 Belfry home 7:30 PM
not very tuff,but like what happend to Tilman you cant take anyone lightly..
Garrard is better than advertised. They can score in a lot of ways. They have great quickness on both sides of the ball. I like Belfry to win but it won't be easy and it won't be by "at least three tds".
Belfry wins. No game here at all.
Pirates by 13
Pirates in this one. They are to physical up front. Belfry by 2 tds or more.
Belfry will roll.They win by at least 35.
Belfry 37
Garrard 18
Garrard has 2 very good RB's. They have a big RB that he will run you over and he's fast, if he can get past the line and secondary he's gone. There other RB, (Hayes - Black Kid) he's quick, if he can get free, he's gone. If you stop there run they'll bring out the Air attack and there QB is awesome

3+ hour trip for the Pirates.

according to google maps the quickest way is to come down through Stanton and Irvine and go through Richmond.
Garrard presents a very tough challenge to the Pirates who will be traveling. I think GC has the tools to win this by a TD
Trap game! Don't overlook this team!
cuppett777 Wrote:Aug 19, 11 Clay County home 40 - 38 (W) Click Hall of Fame Bowl
(four overtimes)
Aug 27, 11 Danville away 14 - 22 (L) Click Bob Allen Bowl
Sep 2, 11 Lloyd Memorial away 38 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 9, 11 Lincoln County away 35 - 25 (W) Click
Sep 23, 11 Bath County home 37 - 8 (W) Click
Sep 30, 11 Powell County home 57 - 27 (W) Click
Oct 7, 11 Bourbon County away 35 - 34 (W) Click (overtime)
Oct 14, 11 Western Hills home 56 - 40 (W) Click
Oct 21, 11 Estill County away 39 - 12 (W) Click
Oct 28, 11 Madison Southern away 52 - 14 (W) Click
Nov 4, 11 West Carter home 55 - 6 (W) Click 2011 Class 3A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 11, 11 Russell home 40 - 6 (W) Click 2011 Class 3A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 18, 11 Powell County home 48 - 16 (W) no 2011 Class 3A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 25, 11 Belfry home 7:30 PM
not very tuff,but like what happend to Tilman you cant take anyone lightly..

You can throw out strength of schedual,after looking at Belfry's IMO they played a weak schedual also with the exception of 1 or 2 teams.I think home field will be enough to get Garrard the win.
It's no trap. Garrard is for real and unlike the Belfry fans on here the team and coaches better perceive them as a threat. If not it will be a long ride back to Pike County and may be anyway.
I'm sure Coach Haywood and the assistant coaches will have the Pirates ready for the game against Garrard County next weekend.. I say the Pirates win by at least 2 or 3 TD's. Belfry will not be overlooking Garrard County in any way I can assure you of that.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You can throw out strength of schedual,after looking at Belfry's IMO they played a weak schedual also with the exception of 1 or 2 teams.I think home field will be enough to get Garrard the win.

This time of the year I think you can... but for the sake of arguement:

Danville is the best team GCHS played.

Put the Ads on Belfry's schedule:

1. Ashland
2. Breathitt
3. Johnson Central

4. Henry Clay
5. Pike Central
6. Danville

7. Pikeville
FBALL Wrote:It's no trap. Garrard is for real and unlike the Belfry fans on here the team and coaches better perceive them as a threat. If not it will be a long ride back to Pike County and may be anyway.

BUT, we just had a big win over Breathitt, have a corner hobbling, and we might think because they're not a big name, it's gonna be a little easier and we may get caught looking at Louisville Central. It's happened once this year to us which is why I have a good feeling we won't overlook them.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This time of the year I think you can... but for the sake of arguement:

1. Ashland
2. Breathitt
3. Johnson Central

4. Henry Clay
5. Pike Central
6. Danville

7. Pikeville

Take off Danville and Johnson Central and see what we have. I would, but I'm lazy. lol.
FBALL,

2010 Belfry (beat Russell 42-14) vs. 2011 Garrard County (beat Russell 40-6)

Who do you like?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Take off Danville and Johnson Central and see what we have. I would, but I'm lazy. lol.

As in the teams they lost to?

Don't think it changes any.... Lincoln County or Russell is then the team we compare and I still think both of those are just above Pikeville
http://calpreps.com/2011/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm

According to calpreps.com
Garrard has played a tougher schedule. Not saying thats right but stats show it. Belfry will be the favorite. Garrard will be the underdog. But that is why they play the game.
cuppett777 Wrote:Belfry here again and Garrard County for the 1st time ever,i dont know anything about Garrad, so how wins and why,i got to go with the Pirates by atleast 3tds..

i didnt mean 3tds i meant atleast 2tds,reason for that is Belfrys been there done that and Garrard is there 1st time,never take ANYONE for granted,there in the semis for a reason,so they have to be preatty good..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FBALL,

2010 Belfry (beat Russell 42-14) vs. 2011 Garrard County (beat Russell 40-6)

Who do you like?

Garrard has a better offense. Belfry the better defense. I like Belfry to win this game but it won't be easy. I think it will be tight. Garrard at times has given up points but not to one dementional running teams. They swarm to the ball. Offensively they have great quickness and are diverse enough to keep you guessing.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This time of the year I think you can... but for the sake of arguement:

1. Ashland
2. Breathitt
3. Johnson Central

4. Henry Clay
5. Pike Central
6. Danville

7. Pikeville

The thing is IMO several of these teams are overated.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The thing is IMO several of these teams are overated.

I know you can't really do this, but it did take Garrard four OT's to beat Clay County, who Breathitt wrecked. So they're not too overrated.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The thing is IMO several of these teams are overated.

Belfry0304 Wrote:I know you can't really do this, but it did take Garrard four OT's to beat Clay County, who Breathitt wrecked. So they're not too overrated.

I hate comparing scores as well, but Pburg gave Danville everything they wanted as well and Pburg isn't even on the list I gave.

Having watched Danville on iHigh against Boyle and Garrard I feel VERY confident in the list above, overrated teams or not.
I'm enjoying the ride on the Pirate ship. Why quit a winner? Pirates continue on the road to the Gold!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6