Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 28 Breathitt County 14
DSR is a very vocal troll. He is right I think when he says BC wins this game 7 out of 10. How could I, a die hard Pirates fan say that? Because 7 out of 10 times Breathitt could lead by 10 or more.

Here is why. If Breathitt executes their game plan, they would have been immaculate. The other factor is that the Bobcats never got the Pirates down by more than 1. That changes to Belfry down by 10 or more and the Belfry crowd is almost taken out of it.

The Pirates have some of the most die hard fans in all of High School Football, as proven by guys like me and EKU spending our Fridays nights in metro Atlanta listening to or watching the BHS game every single week. However the live crowd can have it's legs taken out from under it fast. Everyone is so used to the Pirates dominating that when the Pirates get down they become intently focused on the game itself and forget why they are there, motivation. You can see this as the boys start to get flat. They feed off the Pond Creek nation and the upcoming games are not games where the crowd can be flat or overconfident.

Those of you at the games, let us here you on the radio, get a Seven Nation Army chant going, BHS chant, something, the boys are there to play for 48 minutes, you should be there to cheer for 48 minutes.

Now the TV crew was on the BC sideline so I couldn't tell how it was last night, I am basing this on past experience.
DSRfan Wrote:That's kind of funny, since it was BC's unforced to's that stopped BC, not Beflry's D.

Typical. :eyeroll: The only turnover in this game that was not forced was the punt that hit the player in the legs because he would not move out of the way or simply catch the ball. Everyone always cries if you take away those turnoves we are so much better.:Sad04: Turnovers are part of the game. Belfry had theirs, but capitalized on Breathitts. Plain and simple. I knew some of you would come on here and whine about how you all were so much better if you had done this or that, blah, blah, blah.. Breathitt was not the better team last night. They are an excellent football team no doubt and have some great athletes. As stated in other thread, Ashland and JC would beat them also. To say Breathitt is 3tds better after that game, which was a great ballgame and could have went either way up until 4th is completely ridiculous. So, just go ahead and have you little comeback about this or that. It means squat.
I don't think it was a surprise that Belfry prevailed. Let us take a look at both teams prior opponents; I think that tells the story.
The Contrarian Wrote:I don't think it was a surprise that Belfry prevailed. Let us take a look at both teams prior opponents; I think that tells the story.

AGAIN, you're RIDICULOUSLY overvaluing Belfry's schedule.
Not to mention that BC could EASILY have won this game,
and, would win it 7 of 10.
This game was basically a recasting of the LSU/Alabama
game. Two good teams, fairly closely matched with hardnosed
defenses square off. But Bama(like Breathitt) shows a better
ability to move the ball against the other's D, yet ends up
losing a game it should have won due to costly to's. Though
in Bama's case it was really more of a BAD blown call at
the 1on an INT, than BC's carelessness with the ball.

Bama now gets a chance to redeem itself, unfortunately
BC does not.

And also, any of you that think I'm saying BC was WAY
better, I'm not. I think these were 2 good teams, with
fairly equal D's, BC's offense was just better.
DSRfan Wrote:AGAIN, you're RIDICULOUSLY overvaluing Belfry's schedule.
Not to mention that BC could EASILY have won this game,
and, would win it 7 of 10.

We held the state's all time leading rusher to 119 yards, 65 of them on a first quarter carry. We beat an Ashland team who lost three games all year, to us, the best team in WV, and CovCath. We beat a Henry Clay team who, despite a horrible record, could outrun almost any team in EKY, BC played no one impressive...
Until last night.
Crossbones Wrote:Typical. :eyeroll: The only turnover in this game that was not forced was the punt that hit the player in the legs because he would not move out of the way or simply catch the ball. Everyone always cries if you take away those turnoves we are so much better.:Sad04: Turnovers are part of the game. Belfry had theirs, but capitalized on Breathitts. Plain and simple. I knew some of you would come on here and whine about how you all were so much better if you had done this or that, blah, blah, blah.. Breathitt was not the better team last night. They are an excellent football team no doubt and have some great athletes. As stated in other thread, Ashland and JC would beat them also. To say Breathitt is 3tds better after that game, which was a great ballgame and could have went either way up until 4th is completely ridiculous. So, just go ahead and have you little comeback about this or that. It means squat.

And though I think BC might have won 28-7, I don't really think
they are 3 scores better. I just think that had they held on to the ball
they would have been up 14-7. Belfry would NOT have given
up, and would have HAD to throw the ball, and with their lack
of passing game, and BC's d-backs, that means INT's for TD's.
If breathitt was the better team they would be playing next friday.SUCK IT UP you got your A$$ handed to you. GO PIRATES
long_time_pirate Wrote:If breathitt was the better team they would be playing next friday.SUCK IT UP you got your A$$ handed to you. GO PIRATES

I agree with you 100% on your statement !!!
long_time_pirate Wrote:If breathitt was the better team they would be playing next friday.SUCK IT UP you got your A$$ handed to you. GO PIRATES

On their home field.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Belfry moved the ball very well on the bobkittens D and put it in the enzone 4 times and had a 2 point try successful. You say Belfry has no passing game they pass very well when needed. The first down to the big tight end Messer was a better pass and catch than any Bobkitten pass. One big run was all bobcats done on the Belfry D. You can cry woulda coulda shoulda all day but the score proves the best team last night was Belfry.:biggrin:
Congrats Belfry!
BOBCAT Wrote:What an idiot you are.We was prepared but you can not fumble and muff punts against Belfry.

looks like youre the idiot, take your loss like a man, belfry was the better team
Justin Johnson was the man in this game! Guess what Bobcats, he is only a Soph. Wink

Great game. Both teams VERY evenly matched. Came down to who made mistakes. Breathitt did last night and Belfry capitalized.

On to Lancaster
my understanding // there were alot of Pond Creek Nation got to spend the night in jail and tried to burn the goal post down/// bad P.R. on Belfry and it fans // i am ashamed to of how they acted as it made east Ky. people look bad //// but a good game // Breathitt beat Breathitt not Belfry
Let's see what can you say about this game.

(1) Well played and hard fought game.

(2) Good officials

(3) Bad turnovers by both teams at key times
(A) Belfry had great field position after takeaway by Warren and was picked off.
(B) Breathitt non-catch of punt and had it bounce off his leg.
Trent's fumble after Belfry TD from muffed punt.

Really to sum it all up a great game to watch, you had IMO the two best teams in the Eastern side of KY. playing and in a game like this all it takes is one mistake in a game of this magnitude and your season ends. IMO Belfry controlled the game upfront and their OL wore down Breathitt's DL and Willis in the fourth qtr. took the game over when they need yards he got them. Belfry really except for the run by Trent shut down the highly rated rush "O" of Breathitt. The Bobcats had 122 yards on 18 carries one of those the 80yard Trent TD so Collins had maybe 20 yards. This and the muffed punt were keys to a PIRATE "W".
undertaker41377 Wrote:my understanding // there were alot of Pond Creek Nation got to spend the night in jail and tried to burn the goal post down/// bad P.R. on Belfry and it fans // i am ashamed to of how they acted as it made east Ky. people look bad //// but a good game // Breathitt beat Breathitt not Belfry

It//is///true that//there was///a fire//by the goal//post//where the////Belfry fans//were. It was//very////cold last//night. I//don't think///they//were trying///to burn////down//the goal//posts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
undertaker; you are an a$$! Belfry beat you bobkittens last night and trust me the only fans acting like morons were BOBKITTY CATS!! Keep up the good work on making you bobsissies look like the loseres they were last nightConfusednicker:
red&white Wrote:undertaker; you are an a$$! Belfry beat you bobkittens last night and trust me the only fans acting like morons were BOBKITTY CATS!! Keep up the good work on making you bobsissies look like the loseres they were last nightConfusednicker:

I sit in a group near about 75 people I went to school with. I can assure you that they were not acting like morons.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Comon guys. The only appropriate trash talk is "scoreboard" and "enjoy the roundball." Smile

For the Breathitt fans who talked about being one dimensional (which Belfry pretty much is - I agree), not only did Hawyood resort to sticking to the run, but he pretty much ran 5 plays. Jet sweep to Johnson, fullback dive, fake to fullback QB keeper behind it, 46 or second man through, and the counter.

Johnson was the killer on the counter all night.

ALL of that said. Belfry fans need to get a bit of a grip. ENJOY THE WIN BY ALL MEANS, but these two teams were evenly matched. Belfry got a break or two and took advantage.

Enjoy the roundball Bobcats (wouldn't dare call you bobkittens cause you all had a GREAT team and I have too much respect for that bull)
PaytoPlay Wrote:Comon guys. The only appropriate trash talk is "scoreboard" and "enjoy the roundball." Smile

For the Breathitt fans who talked about being one dimensional (which Belfry pretty much is - I agree), not only did Hawyood resort to sticking to the run, but he pretty much ran 5 plays. Jet sweep to Johnson, fullback dive, fake to fullback QB keeper behind it, 46 or second man through, and the counter.

Johnson was the killer on the counter all night.

ALL of that said. Belfry fans need to get a bit of a grip. ENJOY THE WIN BY ALL MEANS, but these two teams were evenly matched. Belfry got a break or two and took advantage.

Enjoy the roundball Bobcats (wouldn't dare call you bobkittens cause you all had a GREAT team and I have too much respect for that bull)

I for one found this sign very offensive, yet it is only one of MANY that were posted throughout the stadium. PaytoPlay, you don't think Breathitt wouldn't have "tried" to capitalize off of Pirate errors? Yes, they sure would have. Belfry had their gameface on, unlike the unshirted, middle finger flicking BC Bobcats! Total rudeness and class-LESS group that I encountered!
^ I don't find that offensive at all to be honest. Who cares about fans? Our boys won the game!

We are marching on to Lancaster! Period
Are you saying shirts that said I HATE BELFRY and sreaming Belfry sucks and Break their legs is to be admired by your school. Trust me Never Would Belfry fans do any of that crap! We cheer for our kids (team) but dont act like the morons bobkittens do. I said it before most disrespect i have ever seen. No place for visitor fans to sit and the over spending for you home team puts poles in the line of site. You cant watch the game for the beams for the rain canopy BRETHITT Is a crap field!!Confusedhh:
red&white Wrote:Are you saying shirts that said I HATE BELFRY and sreaming Belfry sucks and Break their legs is to be admired by your school. Trust me Never Would Belfry fans do any of that crap! We cheer for our kids (team) but dont act like the morons bobkittens do. I said it before most disrespect i have ever seen. No place for visitor fans to sit and the over spending for you home team puts poles in the line of site. You cant watch the game for the beams for the rain canopy BRETHITT Is a crap field!!Confusedhh:

Who are you talking to?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Undertaker thats who
undertaker41377 Wrote:my understanding // there were alot of Pond Creek Nation got to spend the night in jail and tried to burn the goal post down/// bad P.R. on Belfry and it fans // i am ashamed to of how they acted as it made east Ky. people look bad //// but a good game // Breathitt beat Breathitt not Belfry

I believe this picture of the Pond Creek Nation standing behind the goal post shows how well behaved they were being and as I can tell..no fire..I do notice the little boys playing football in the background. Now, I was one of the Pirate fans who sat on the home side bleachers and I have to say that it was not bad at all. Of course, there were a few Breathitt fans that showed their asses, as well as, a couple of Belfry fans who showed theirs, but for the most part, everyone was there to cheer on their team and enjoy watching a hard fought football game. If Breathitt County fans found it offensive that we sat over there, might I suggest you invest in appropriate visitor side seating and there won't be an issue, or if you get to host another regional tournament, consider roping off a part of your bleachers in a show of sportsmanship to the opposing fans. As far as the signs, who cares, did they make a difference in the outcome of the game...NO!! But, I was thinking, if God's favorite color is Bobcat Blue, why did he make all the Bobcat fans bleed RED???? JUST SAYING Smile
red&white Wrote:Are you saying shirts that said I HATE BELFRY and sreaming Belfry sucks and Break their legs is to be admired by your school. Trust me Never Would Belfry fans do any of that crap! We cheer for our kids (team) but dont act like the morons bobkittens do. I said it before most disrespect i have ever seen. No place for visitor fans to sit and the over spending for you home team puts poles in the line of site. You cant watch the game for the beams for the rain canopy BRETHITT Is a crap field!!Confusedhh:

There are idiots at every game, for every team. Good people and good fans outnumber them but the loud ignorant minority usually get the attention.

As for my observations of the game, I saw two good teams playing as hard as they could. Breathitt turned the ball over too much and Belfry took advantage of that. Had Breathitt not turned the ball over as much as they did, they would have won this game, but reality is Belfry won and deserved it.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Seriously.... can we drop the obsessing about fan behavior, paper signs, goalpost fires (how the hell would you catch a goal post on fire anyway? Don't think they are flammable) and simply enjoy a great game for what it was?

Take that crap to Topix and post away. Those actions aren't going to change the Final Score of last night's game and it sure as heck won't put points on the scoreboard for next week.
I'll give it to Belfry, they did completely shut down our running game except for the one 70-80 yard run by Trent. All this talk that Belfry dominated though is bull shit though IMO. Yes, they did have a more physical line and pretty much ran over us, but the Bobcats did shut down the Pirates on a few of the drives and got nothing. The game was tied up 14-14 in the fourth quarter and we stopped Belfry's drive for about a 4th and 12 or something. If not for the muffed punt by Fletcher I strongly believe Breathitt would have drove down the field and scored, putting Belfry behind. We had the momentum, but when we lost the ball on the muffed punt it was lost instantly, and Belfry gained that momentum. Then of course the following drive Trent fumbled the ball and that was all she wrote. The Bobcats were their own worst enemy Friday night. I congratulate Belfry on the win, but all of this talk about how much better they are is ridiculous IMO.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:I'll give it to Belfry, they did completely shut down our running game except for the one 70-80 yard run by Trent. All this talk that Belfry dominated though is bull shit though IMO. Yes, they did have a more physical line and pretty much ran over us, but the Bobcats did shut down the Pirates on a few of the drives and got nothing. The game was tied up 14-14 in the fourth quarter and we stopped Belfry's drive for about a 4th and 12 or something. If not for the muffed punt by Fletcher I strongly believe Breathitt would have drove down the field and scored, putting Belfry behind. We had the momentum, but when we lost the ball on the muffed punt it was lost instantly, and Belfry gained that momentum. Then of course the following drive Trent fumbled the ball and that was all she wrote. The Bobcats were their own worst enemy Friday night. I congratulate Belfry on the win, but all of this talk about how much better they are is ridiculous IMO.

And all the talk about how Breahtitt would have won, if they had not fumbled the ball and muffed the punt, is pure bullshit too..Belfry beat the Bobcats on their home field... get the roundball out, your season is over! Although the Bobcats did turn the ball over, Belfry capitalized on those turnovers, thats what good teams do!.