Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 28 Breathitt County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Costly turnovers and the Belfry depth proves to be the difference. Very hard fought game. Hats off to a very game Bobcat team.
Congratulations Belfry and Mr. Haywood, the winningest coach in KY ever!

Great season Breathitt, for a great team.
congrats pirates. good luck next week at garrard co.
good showing by a tough breathitt co. team. thought their qb played very well. d-line was like a wall for willis early on but eventually wore down. good season bobcats.
Awesome game! Just costly turnovers like you said proved to be the difference for the Pirates!
One heck of a ballgame.
Belfry will be loaded next year with so much young talent returning...with that said.... Breathitt will be right beside them if not a slight favorite as they return nearly everyone as well.
^Trent is going to be the main attraction next year in Breathitt! The kid is a monster!
defense played well tonight,expect for the one big play where Trent went 80 yrds,congrats to Breahitt on good yea,way to go Pirates..
Congrats Pirates Very Nice Win!

Now get ready for next week!

Dont take them lightly,There still playing for a reason so dont let that fool yaSmile)

GO BIG RED!
cuppett777 Wrote:defense played well tonight,expect for the one big play where Trent went 80 yrds,congrats to Breahitt on good yea,way to go Pirates..

Agree... Belfry completely took away the run up the middle and shut down Collins.. the majority of BC's rush yards came on a fantastic play by Trent (who I am VERY impressed with).

Pirates took away the deep ball and Breathitt struggled to sustain the intermediate passing game until the game was decided at the end.

Meanwhile, Breathitt's run defense was very stout for 3 Quarters until fatigue set in. Between the muffed punt and the Collins fumble Belfry essentially had the ball for about 12 minutes straight and it is hard for any defense to withstand that.

Pirates showed the killer instinct though and did what great teams do...they made Breathitt pay for their mistakes.
I felt Breathitt was overrated all season, but regardless Congrats to Belfry.
I personally am a breathitt fan and hope that the pirates make it..but watch because breathitt played tight with you all we just had too many mistakes, there are bigger and better teams..dont get cocky
I believe that Breathitt earned their way and have had nothing to be ashamed of..we had some bad plays and we lost that's a simple fact..but be ready for next year we still have: Trent,Cox,Fugate,Smith and a few others that this experience will help improve
Kennie Wrote:I personally am a breathitt fan and hope that the pirates make it..but watch because breathitt played tight with you all we just had too many mistakes, there are bigger and better teams..dont get cocky

Belfry is well aware who is out there still....one of them ate our lunch in the Finals last year and ate Bell's tonight. Belfry better get their minds right for Friday as Garrard is legit as well and the Pirates will need to bring their A-game.

As I mentioned above, BC will be a scary good team and with all the players Belfry returns it is shaping up for another epic showdown next year in the playoffs. Bell and Breathitt may very well be 1 and 1A in the mountains next season.:Thumbs:

On a side note, this is Belfry's 7th Appearance in the Semi's in the past 8 years. That is a great run!
Congrats Belfry.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry is well aware who is out there still....one of them ate our lunch in the Finals last year and ate Bell's tonight. Belfry better get their minds right for Friday as Garrard is legit as well and the Pirates will need to bring their A-game.

As I mentioned above, BC will be a scary good team and with all the players Belfry returns it is shaping up for another epic showdown next year in the playoffs. Bell and Breathitt may very well be 1 and 1A in the mountains next season.:Thumbs:

On a side note, this is Belfry's 7th Appearance in the Semi's in the past 8 years. That is a great run!

That's for sure!
You can never count Coach Hayward out. He is and has been the best coach in the mountains for years. Coach Halcomb is a very good too, but Coach Halcomb is the best. I guess his records speaks for itself. Congrats to the Bobcats---Just to many turnovers or it may have been a different game.
So proud of the Pirates tonight!!!! Im going to relish this one this weekend and talk about the next game next week...

Go Pirates!!!!!!!!!!
^Lol, enjoy it! I'm not even a Pirate. And I'm excited!
A great game to watch, although I did that from the comfort of my recliner. Great job Pirates. Bobcats you left it on the field, and played every play to the very end. Good job. Proud of both mountain teams.
Just saw the highlights from this one on Sports OT and it looks like costly mistakes and turnovers cost Breathitt Co the game!!

Congrats Belfry!!
We had just too many turnovers and it cost us.Two pretty even teams played for State Runner-Up tonight I hate to say; but Good Luck Belfry.I think you advance easily.
watcher Wrote:You can never count Coach Hayward out. He is and has been the best coach in the mountains for years.

The reason you can never count Coach Haywood out is who is behind him. Haywood is a true believer and God believes in Haywood too.
Good to see the Pirates win.
Congrats to Coach Haywood and the Pirates!
well no surprise here. breathitt was way over ranked all year. they never play anyone in the regular season. so therefore they do not get prepared for the better teams.
Woooohooooo!!! Good job Pirates!
Great game that pirate defense was amazing tonight after the big oline whore their d line down it was on...there will be allot of bobcat fan eating crow tonight...
Congrats Pirates.
On the prediction thread, I said Belfry would win by a couple of touchdowns. Congrats Belfry on the win. Sad to see Breathitt lose, but turnovers will kill any team. Had Belfry lost some of those fumbles they had, the score could look much different.

I have to say, Belfry's offensive line is scary.
Pages: 1 2 3 4