•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Fairview 11/18
Pikeville represents the mountains well and wins this one 21-14. GO PANTHERS!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RAMBAIT Wrote:Nope. I'm not referring to the district games you must play. I'm referring to your diabetically sugary powderpuff non conference schedule. Maybe this week you will finally fill your brand new 50 seat bleachers.

Tell me Mr. Greenup County...I mean Rambait. Who were we supposed to play? Lets hear it....you guys are Fairview haters and thats fine but you hate because of jealously issues. Cat Scractch hates for reasons other than jealosuly and I know what they are too! Whoo Hoo!!!!:ChairHit:
RAMBAIT Wrote:Nope. I'm not referring to the district games you must play. I'm referring to your diabetically sugary powderpuff non conference schedule. Maybe this week you will finally fill your brand new 50 seat bleachers.

Answer the question Rambaiter....why didn't the mighty Rams beat Wastewood this year....even at Soggy Bottom?
You don't know anything, and if you THINK you know who I am, that is funny.
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:You don't know anything, and if you THINK you know who I am, that is funny.

You are obviously a person that has been infected with Cat Scratch Fever. You are correct, I have no idea who you are and I never will... thank God.

It should be a good game even while viewing from one of the 50 seats!
Go Panthers! WOO HOO!
Good grief.... Someone lock Rambait and Westwood in the kiddie romper room so the rest of us wanting to read about Fairview and Pikeville can read a thread without having to sort thru the BS... PLEASE? Why dont y'all PM each other or go start a trash talking thread purely for you?
russellpride Wrote:Who cares what you say cat scratch its always negative anyway you just don't like fairview that's okay just quit posting about them cause you and rambait just ramble on about stuff nobody cares about hope you sit up by new fairview pressbox

McPeek? Is that you on here?
PHSForever Wrote:Good grief.... Someone lock Rambait and Westwood in the kiddie romper room so the rest of us wanting to read about Fairview and Pikeville can read a thread without having to sort thru the BS... PLEASE? Why dont y'all PM each other or go start a trash talking thread purely for you?

OK RAM fans. Lets honor the request of PHSForever and the rest of the PANTHER fans on here. And chill on some of the bashing of the eagle supporters. Let's get behind the team we want our region to be represented by and talk why and how it is going to happen.
I for one respect the PANTHERS request and will talk football only.
Everyone on here knows that I am one RAM that hopes the PIKEVILLE PANTHERS come up here and have the best game of the century. I believe for lots of reasons the PANTHERS will be great reps for our region in the state tourny. This team and community deserves it.
#1. I believe the PANTHERS overall offense is better. Reasons why! They have the line to open up holes and a QB that can run with the best and throw down field. Fairview doesn't have that QB weapon.
#2. Fairview has maybe the better defense. They fly around all over the field. Have some speed. And will pop you. Better be ready for some cheep shots. Keep your eyes open. And keep your cool. You can throw over the top of the eagle defense. And run misdirection plays because they are very aggressive and will over pursue.
#3. Kicking game. The PANTHERS will keep the eagles first and 80 all night. Plus this kid can put points on the board if the PANTHERS are inside the 35 yardline. Big time weapon!
#4. Coaching! imo both are very good.
#5. The PANTHERS have three ways to score on offense. Kick, run and pass. All are big weapons. Fairview has one. The running game. With imo two big threats. Not three! You can control the big boy up the middle. The PANTHERS have the horses up front to do that. The question is can they stop the hard running of Littlejohn. And the speed of the other back. (can't remember his name).
#6. This is going to be another high scoring game. Lots of big time plays. I believe this is the kind of team that stops the eagles big season. After seeing both teams play twice. It's my opinion the PANTHERS have too many weapons for the eagles to win this game in their own backyard.
PANTHERS win by 10. With 60+ points put on the board.

Hope both teams play to the best of their ability. And all come out injury free. Can't wait. I'll be there in orange and black on the visitors side. Maybe with a PANTHERS hat on!! Good luck.
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:OK RAM fans. Lets honor the request of PHSForever and the rest of the PANTHER fans on here. And chill on some of the bashing of the eagle supporters. Let's get behind the team we want our region to be represented by and talk why and how it is going to happen.
I for one respect the PANTHERS request and will talk football only.
Everyone on here knows that I am one RAM that hopes the PIKEVILLE PANTHERS come up here and have the best game of the century. I believe for lots of reasons the PANTHERS will be great reps for our region in the state tourny. This team and community deserves it.
#1. I believe the PANTHERS overall offense is better. Reasons why! They have the line to open up holes and a QB that can run with the best and throw down field. Fairview doesn't have that QB weapon.
#2. Fairview has maybe the better defense. They fly around all over the field. Have some speed. And will pop you. Better be ready for some cheep shots. Keep your eyes open. And keep your cool. You can throw over the top of the eagle defense. And run misdirection plays because they are very aggressive and will over pursue.
#3. Kicking game. The PANTHERS will keep the eagles first and 80 all night. Plus this kid can put points on the board if the PANTHERS are inside the 35 yardline. Big time weapon!
#4. Coaching! imo both are very good.
#5. The PANTHERS have three ways to score on offense. Kick, run and pass. All are big weapons. Fairview has one. The running game. With imo two big threats. Not three! You can control the big boy up the middle. The PANTHERS have the horses up front to do that. The question is can they stop the hard running of Littlejohn. And the speed of the other back. (can't remember his name).
#6. This is going to be another high scoring game. Lots of big time plays. I believe this is the kind of team that stops the eagles big season. After seeing both teams play twice. It's my opinion the PANTHERS have too many weapons for the eagles to win this game in their own backyard.
PANTHERS win by 10. With 60+ points put on the board.

Hope both teams play to the best of their ability. And all come out injury free. Can't wait. I'll be there in orange and black on the visitors side. Maybe with a PANTHERS hat on!! Good luck.
Thank you. Whew. Anyways, I want to address #3 on your list, because I felt this was CRUCIAL to beating Raceland. When it was back and forth all night, PHS's ability to put points on the board via field goals (two), in addition to their big play ability, allowed them to go into the locker room up at the half instead of down or tied. HUGE boost mentally for PHS and I think, a blow to Raceland. So even though the game got out of hand in the 2nd half, I personally feel the FG's were actually the difference in the game. Now, I've read back and forths somewhere between Raceland and Fairview and I know field condition was talked about, but I can't remember whose. Can someone describe what the field is like there, turf or artificial turf, etc.? I've also seen someone bashing Fairview's "50 seat" bleachers. How is the seating? PHS will be bringing at least one fan bus for sure.
PHSForever Wrote:Thank you. Whew. Anyways, I want to address #3 on your list, because I felt this was CRUCIAL to beating Raceland. When it was back and forth all night, PHS's ability to put points on the board via field goals (two), in addition to their big play ability, allowed them to go into the locker room up at the half instead of down or tied. HUGE boost mentally for PHS and I think, a blow to Raceland. So even though the game got out of hand in the 2nd half, I personally feel the FG's were actually the difference in the game. Now, I've read back and forths somewhere between Raceland and Fairview and I know field condition was talked about, but I can't remember whose. Can someone describe what the field is like there, turf or artificial turf, etc.? I've also seen someone bashing Fairview's "50 seat" bleachers. How is the seating? PHS will be bringing at least one fan bus for sure.

The field is grass, not sure how chewed up it is as this point in the season, but I think they generally take pretty good care of it, don't know how this rain we are getting will effect that. The seating is decent, obviously nowhere near the capacity of Pikeville, but you can stand around the field and watch the game, that's always my choice. I look forward to this game, I think it will be a good one.
PHSForever Wrote:Thank you. Whew. Anyways, I want to address #3 on your list, because I felt this was CRUCIAL to beating Raceland. When it was back and forth all night, PHS's ability to put points on the board via field goals (two), in addition to their big play ability, allowed them to go into the locker room up at the half instead of down or tied. HUGE boost mentally for PHS and I think, a blow to Raceland. So even though the game got out of hand in the 2nd half, I personally feel the FG's were actually the difference in the game. Now, I've read back and forths somewhere between Raceland and Fairview and I know field condition was talked about, but I can't remember whose. Can someone describe what the field is like there, turf or artificial turf, etc.? I've also seen someone bashing Fairview's "50 seat" bleachers. How is the seating? PHS will be bringing at least one fan bus for sure.

I don't believe you have to worry about the kicking game. Although the eagles don't have a bad kicker. He does a ok job. He's just not a kicker you can compare him to with the PANTHER kicker. He's average.
As for the field at Fairview. It is a grass field. They do practice on it. And I don't know what kind of shape it's it right now in this late season. It does have a good slope on it. But the rains here the past few days have been steady and lots of it. Hopefully by friday it will be dry. As for the seating. They put in some new bleachers on one side. I don't know how many. But it's my understanding those new ones are now the home side. The now visitors side will set in my est. about 500 or so. It's also no Panther stadium. Years ago the set of bleachers had to be taken out for safety reasons. They have also added a new press box. I personnaly feel the field will be fine. But bring a extra pair of shoes. Because if you don't get to the game early. You will have to park in a field below the stadium. Can be a little wet going through all the tall grass.
Also if you want to eat before the game. In Ashland a couple miles down the road is Cheddars, Texas Roadhouse, Applebees, Penn Station, Moe's, Giovannis pizza and all the major fastfood chains. You will also pass the Ashland town center mall.
If you want to see something really nice in our area. Look up Kings Daughters hospital on your GPS. It's on your way in to Westwood/Ashland. The city park beside it has more then 800,000 lights up for christmas. The family and kids will love it. All kinds of set ups. You can walk or drive around it. The park is 1.2 miles long. Really nice. Anyone can pm me or others for directions there.
Get here early and enjoy. Be safe guys.
I think Fairview likes the underdog role, nobody picking them. Pikeville has to be the favorite going in we shall see what occurs. Two great teams going at it
Fairview's field is turf and there is plenty of seating.. I cant speak for everyone but if Raceland was still playing and not the Eagles I would be pulling for the Rams it only makes our district look better. I hope Pikeville brings a huge crowd. Hope for great weather & great play on the field & that the best team wins. ON A SIDE NOTE for all you crybaby's out there complaing about the weak schedule come to the game hungry we will have plenty of cupcakes for sale for the ONLY game in town.
russellpride Wrote:I think Fairview likes the underdog role, nobody picking them. Pikeville has to be the favorite going in we shall see what occurs. Two great teams going at it

I don't know who the underdog is. And what the point spread is. But the eagles do have homefield advantage. And the PANTHERS do have a long bus ride. This shoud be a shootout and an entertaining game. Two fun teams to watch if you love offense.
Friday weather forecast according to the Daily Chronicle is sunny / no rain and a high of 58 degrees. For those that want to meet and greet...I will be by the concession standing wearing boxing gloves :baldbull: and selling orange frosted :yum: cupcakes! Good luck to both teams...and I am still waiting on an answer to my question to Mr. Greenup County. I do think it will be a Jim Dandy of a game!
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:I don't know who the underdog is. And what the point spread is. But the eagles do have homefield advantage. And the PANTHERS do have a long bus ride. This shoud be a shootout and an entertaining game. Two fun teams to watch if you love offense.

Are you talking high 30's or more than that...It will be entertaining!
Clint Westwood Wrote:Are you talking high 30's or more than that...It will be entertaining!

60+ total points on the board..
LionEagle Wrote:Fairview's field is turf and there is plenty of seating.. I cant speak for everyone but if Raceland was still playing and not the Eagles I would be pulling for the Rams it only makes our district look better. I hope Pikeville brings a huge crowd. Hope for great weather & great play on the field & that the best team wins. ON A SIDE NOTE for all you crybaby's out there complaing about the weak schedule come to the game hungry we will have plenty of cupcakes for sale for the ONLY game in town.

Artificial turf? When did that happen?

Mmmmm... Cupcakes
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:I don't believe you have to worry about the kicking game. Although the eagles don't have a bad kicker. He does a ok job. He's just not a kicker you can compare him to with the PANTHER kicker. He's average.
As for the field at Fairview. It is a grass field. They do practice on it. And I don't know what kind of shape it's it right now in this late season. It does have a good slope on it. But the rains here the past few days have been steady and lots of it. Hopefully by friday it will be dry. As for the seating. They put in some new bleachers on one side. I don't know how many. But it's my understanding those new ones are now the home side. The now visitors side will set in my est. about 500 or so. It's also no Panther stadium. Years ago the set of bleachers had to be taken out for safety reasons. They have also added a new press box. I personnaly feel the field will be fine. But bring a extra pair of shoes. Because if you don't get to the game early. You will have to park in a field below the stadium. Can be a little wet going through all the tall grass.
Also if you want to eat before the game. In Ashland a couple miles down the road is Cheddars, Texas Roadhouse, Applebees, Penn Station, Moe's, Giovannis pizza and all the major fastfood chains. You will also pass the Ashland town center mall.
If you want to see something really nice in our area. Look up Kings Daughters hospital on your GPS. It's on your way in to Westwood/Ashland. The city park beside it has more then 800,000 lights up for christmas. The family and kids will love it. All kinds of set ups. You can walk or drive around it. The park is 1.2 miles long. Really nice. Anyone can pm me or others for directions there.
Get here early and enjoy. Be safe guys.
Thanks very much! While I am very familiar with the Ashland area (had family that went to Boyd Co. HS), never been to Fairview, surprisingly. As many games as I've attended over the years, shocking, really. I've been in every stadium/field on the Eastern side of the state, I'm pretty sure, and most of the one's in Central Ky.
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:60+ total points on the board..

I hope you are right. No matter who wins and who loses I feel both teams has had great seasons.
According to the Dave Cantrell Ratings in the Lexington paper, Fairview is a roughly 3 pt favorite (about 2.5).
russellpride Wrote:I think Fairview likes the underdog role, nobody picking them. Pikeville has to be the favorite going in we shall see what occurs. Two great teams going at it

How in the world is Fairview an underdog? Undefeated, the "great" Dave Cantrall ranks them ahead of Pikeville too! Confusednicker:
This weather is not playing into Pikeville hands as its rained for about 2days now here in hazard not sure about the weather is ashland but i can find out as my mother-in-law lives there and see if its been raining much there. Im not sure on the Fairview field condition but the weather puts the favor in Fairviews favor and it doesnt hurt there home as well. I still think Pikeville gets the W but i wouldnt be surprised if Fairview wins.

McPeek! What are you doing on here?
Im a Raceland fan that wants Fairview to win. Let the local team advance. While I would like to see the Eagles schedule at least 1 tough non district game , maybe Raceland shouldn't schedule so many tough games. Thats how you get players hurt. A few easier wins would also build up confidence. Don't schedule all cupcakes, but get enough for a winning season.
keep the Ram Tuff schedule! I really think it helps. Next year the Rams will have a better year with all the young guys. We will miss our seniors but I think those spots will be filled ok. Go EAGLES make our area proud!
Fairview stays unbeaten. Fairview 34 Pikeville 28.
bac2369 Wrote:This weather is not playing into Pikeville hands as its rained for about 2days now here in hazard not sure about the weather is ashland but i can find out as my mother-in-law lives there and see if its been raining much there. Im not sure on the Fairview field condition but the weather puts the favor in Fairviews favor and it doesnt hurt there home as well. I still think Pikeville gets the W but i wouldnt be surprised if Fairview wins.

Weather for friday: High 53. Clear
Thurs: High 47. Part clouds
Field should be in good shape.
SportsNut1970 Wrote:McPeek! What are you doing on here?

Got a Newsflash for you Sportsbra....Russell Pride is not McPeek!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next