Poll: Who You Got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pike Central Hawks
36.99%
Breathitt County Bobcats
63.01%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Pike Central @ #1 Breathitt County (3A 2nd Round)
Bobcats
I believe Breathitt wants this game more then anyone knows. I believe Trent wants to show Boggs that he is the better QB out of these 2 teams. IMO Breathitt will be gunning for Boggs on Offense and Deffense. Think of it this way there is a whole team (Breathitt) that wants to beat PCC personally and there is only 3 (chapman, Boggs, and Shouse) that wants to beat Breathitt personally. I got Breathitt in this by as many as they want.

I pray for a injury free game for both teams. Best of luck
It would be nice if you always got what you want.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Why would John Paul Chapman want revenge? Holcomb and Chapman are really great friends and from what i here chapman will in bobcat blue next year.( where he belongs)

First I've heard of this. AFAIK, Chapman and Holcomb never did get along. I did hear that he might be going to UPike though.
I believe this one could go either way but I believe central pull
s this one out. Pike Centrals Defense I think is better than Breathitts. Central 35-21
Breathitt Co. 35-6.
jdnoble18 Wrote:First I've heard of this. AFAIK, Chapman and Holcomb never did get along. I did hear that he might be going to UPike though.
Listen they have a funny relationship but they do get along. If they didn't get along why was Chapman at his office on sunday.
Mr Mountain Man Wrote:I believe this one could go either way but I believe central pull
s this one out. Pike Centrals Defense I think is better than Breathitts. Central 35-21
Thats funny considering that they gave up 50 plus points to Belfry. Breathitt defense is good and I don't know if there is d-fense in mts as good them. They had one bad game with Hazard but their no easy team.
People go on about how Breathitt Co has played a weak schedule, look at Pike Central its a joke.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:People go on about how Breathitt Co has played a weak schedule, look at Pike Central its a joke.
Haha, your the pot calling the kettle black. I guess if our schedule was a joke so was yours.
I'm taking Breathitt in this one..

Why!?: Because you can't take em' anywhere...
If breathitt is any kind of a team tey take this by 20+. If not pike central can come to the cam and have it handed to them again
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Breathitt Co finally gets to prove that they belong in the conversation about a state championship. All I've heard people say how weak of schedule the bobcats have, well it might not be a strong as it has in the past. You don't know how strong a team is going to be 2 years prior. Estill Co is usually a pretty tough team but they were down, Letcher Central is usually force to reckon with and they were better early in the season. Newport in the late 90's was power house but they have been down the last couple of years. At the time Somerset was rated over Breathitt and the bobcats man handled them in all aspects of the game. Then Hazard came to town and jump on us right off the bat due to 3 turnovers and had a 3 touchdown lead and the bobcats settled down and shut down the bulldogs the second half.Morgan Co came in with there best record every and the bobcats destroyed them 68-6. Then Clay co was a big dissapointment consider that they lost to Garrad Co by 1 point the first game of the season. Breathitt Co Schedule is not weak nor is strong, it is an average schedule.
I agree 100% with what you said in your comment. You have kept up with your homework! I think the BOBCATS roll in this one.
horse Wrote:When Breathitt wins friday night,and if Belfry wins they play @ Breathitt. I dont thank PC d can stop the running game of Collins & Trent.Hope everyone has a good game with no injury.
I agree! Also, Breathitt's D will hold a big factor in this one; Zach Gross, Brayton Fugate, Wes Neace, Cody Combs just to name a few!!!!
I see this as either a game that Breathitt County comes out and destroys them....or PC pulls off an upset by just a few points.
Earlier you said that pike central had a few games that they gave up 0 yards passing if I recall correctly in one of those games they gave up 300+ on the ground which resulted in a loss to powell... When was the last time breathitt lost to powell??? O_o
true hater Wrote:Earlier you said that pike central had a few games that they gave up 0 yards passing if I recall correctly in one of those games they gave up 300+ on the ground which resulted in a loss to powell... When was the last time breathitt lost to powell??? O_o

Breathitt has never, as far as I know, lost to Powell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
true hater Wrote:Earlier you said that pike central had a few games that they gave up 0 yards passing if I recall correctly in one of those games they gave up 300+ on the ground which resulted in a loss to powell... When was the last time breathitt lost to powell??? O_o

PCC gave up 0 passing yards to Belfry.....Belfry did not attempt a pass. 401 Yards Rushing though.

I think that people are underestimating Breathitt's defense.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

The Contrarian Wrote:Who ever wins this contest will face Belfry @ Belfry the next week and their season will end. Just MO!

Breathitt will host if they win.:welcome:
bobcats 42 pcc 14 to much collins an trent on offense . breathitt defence is to much for pcc.
Breathitt wins 32-28. Extra Points will be a huge factor for Breathitt.
I will take the bobcats by 4
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Breathitt Co finally gets to prove that they belong in the conversation about a state championship. All I've heard people say how weak of schedule the bobcats have, well it might not be a strong as it has in the past. You don't know how strong a team is going to be 2 years prior. Estill Co is usually a pretty tough team but they were down, Letcher Central is usually force to reckon with and they were better early in the season. Newport in the late 90's was power house but they have been down the last couple of years. At the time Somerset was rated over Breathitt and the bobcats man handled them in all aspects of the game. Then Hazard came to town and jump on us right off the bat due to 3 turnovers and had a 3 touchdown lead and the bobcats settled down and shut down the bulldogs the second half.Morgan Co came in with there best record every and the bobcats destroyed them 68-6. Then Clay co was a big dissapointment consider that they lost to Garrad Co by 1 point the first game of the season. Breathitt Co Schedule is not weak nor is strong, it is an average schedule.
Buddy idk what youre talking about. Breathitt is NOT a state contender. Louisville Central is in a different ball park. Breathitt has a cupckae schedule. Yeah Central has some losses to St. X, Manual, and pleasure ridge. but those teams are 5 and 6 a. let breathitt play a team like that and see what happens. central lost by 1 point to st. x. breathitt might make it to state but no one compares with Central.
hs athletics fan Wrote:Breathitt wins 32-28. Extra Points will be a huge factor for Breathitt.

Breathitt's lack of a kicking game is their weakness. I've said before, if a game comes down to needing a FG or kicked extra point, it will be a crap shoot. They just haven't been very consistent/good all season.
Pcc 32 Bc 28 another home game for big red
mandan Wrote:Breathitt's lack of a kicking game is their weakness. I've said before, if a game comes down to needing a FG or kicked extra point, it will be a crap shoot. They just haven't been very consistent/good all season.

They have used at least 3 different kickers this season. Breathitt's kickoff coveravge is pretty bad too. If Breathitt can make their kicks and cover the ground on kickoff they shouldn't have anything to worry about except stop Pike Central's Offense.
Hawks 32
Bobcats 12

The hawks are on the rise and before long may be able to break "the streak"!! Depth would help help either of these teams and with as much tradition as BCHS has I don't understand why they have such poor turnout for football. PCHS is finally on the verge of having a real good program and if they could pull off this upset it just might cause more of thier kids to want to come out next year. Good luck to both teams. See you next week !!!:redboxer:
what Wrote:Buddy idk what youre talking about. Breathitt is NOT a state contender. Louisville Central is in a different ball park. Breathitt has a cupckae schedule. Yeah Central has some losses to St. X, Manual, and pleasure ridge. but those teams are 5 and 6 a. let breathitt play a team like that and see what happens. central lost by 1 point to st. x. breathitt might make it to state but no one compares with Central.

I honestly don't think Central makes it to the title game. But if they do and Breathitt makes it we will decide this matter then. So until then keep thinking that Breathitt not a contender because I'm sure people like you give them even more fuel. O yeah sometimes the better team don't always win ask 95 Franklin-Simpson and the 96 Fort Knox team who were heavly favored in those games. This why they play the games because talk is cheap and crazy things has happen in the playoffs.
bc-32
pcc-13