Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
49.25%
Perry County Central
50.75%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Perry Central 10/28
king360 Wrote:WooHoo Fawdy!:Cheerlead

:High5:
Briar Jumpers take the lead late in the 4th quarter to pull out the victory
Stardust Wrote:Briar Jumpers take the lead late in the 4th quarter to pull out the victory

nope! :flush:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I am trying to do it in moderation. LOL. However, I do think Perry Central will win, but it will be close.

Nope

no offense to the Jumper fans
They've played well in recent years
I'm just a hater lol
laker20 Wrote:You boys on he fawdy better be prepared to hear the horns.

the Breathitt fans really seemed to enjoy the Somerset horns. everyone was really getting along great. :biglmao:
:Trumpet::Trumpet::Trumpet:
^they aint AS good as they have been over the years! it may be a good game but i dont see them beating PCC!
zaga_fan Wrote:Nope

I'm just a hater lol

Good in recent years? Somerset is top 15 all time in wins in state history, so yeah they've been good recently lol. Perry is very athletic and has a great team this year but don't sell the jumpers short, we know how to play football in south central ky, and have done it well for a long long time
JumperPride1 Wrote:Good in recent years? Somerset is top 15 all time in wins in state history, so yeah they've been good recently lol. Perry is very athletic and has a great team this year but don't sell the jumpers short, we know how to play football in south central ky, and have done it well for a long long time

they are 1-1 this year in this area till they change that friday by going 1-2!!!
JumperPride1 Wrote:Good in recent years? Somerset is top 15 all time in wins in state history, so yeah they've been good recently lol. Perry is very athletic and has a great team this year but don't sell the jumpers short, we know how to play football in south central ky, and have done it well for a long long time

Just checked khsaa records and they are 7th in the state with 637 wins... So yeah these newcomers to ky state football are decent Tongue
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:they are 1-1 this year in this area till they change that friday by going 1-2!!!

Our kids always love a challenge. Good luck Friday. They are very talented, looking forward to a good game.
Perry by a couple TD's.. Perry looked to be more physical last week against Harlan Co., and I think they will carry that on through the playoffs.. With all those athletes, I think Perry wins this one and goes on a nice playoff run..
I Rule The World Wrote:Perry by a couple TD's.. Perry looked to be more physical last week against Harlan Co., and I think they will carry that on through the playoffs.. With all those athletes, I think Perry wins this one and goes on a nice playoff run..

sure hope your right!
Perry Central 21-19.
Perry by 13

Perry - 33
Somerset - 20
Perry by 2 touchdowns
I don't think Somerset is that good. I know they beat my dawgs but Hazard played just about as bad as they could....
ekff Wrote:I don't think Somerset is that good. I know they beat my dawgs but Hazard played just about as bad as they could....

Is that your new avatar? I seem to remember you losing a bet that week. So Hazard played as bad as they could, are you assuming that Somerset with their five or so turnovers played as well as they could?

And you guys have been a dynasty since the beginning of time right?

These are Somerset's records when I was in school

2002 - 6-5
2003 - 6-5
2004 - 6-5
2005 - 12-2

So it looks like you guys got it together recently after a few mediocre years. If you can't see the point I'm trying to make I apologize.
I'm sure you'll get the other point I made in this thread come Friday, though Smile
9-3 in 2003 actually, and 5-6 in '02 & '04. 'History' refers to more than just the past ten years.
zaga_fan Wrote:And you guys have been a dynasty since the beginning of time right?

2002 - 6-5
2003 - 6-5
2004 - 6-5
2005 - 12-2

So it looks like you guys got it together recently after a few mediocre years. If you can't see the point I'm trying to make I apologize.
I'm sure you'll get the other point I made in this thread come Friday, though Smile

Those aren't the correct records for those years. Here they are back to 2000:

2000-10-2
2001-9-3
2002-5-6
2003-9-3 District Champs
2004-5-6
2005-12-2 District Champs,Regional Champs
2006-9-5 District Champs, Regional Champs
2007-9-4 District Champs
2008-5-6
2009-14-1 District Champs, Regional Champs, State Runner-up
2010-13-1 District Champs, Regional Champs

That is 8 seasons of 9 wins or more out of the last 11 and an overall record of 100-39 for a winning percentage of .719.

Overall Somerset is 8th in wins in state history with an overall record of 643-364-43. The Briar Jumpers have 15 District Championships, 14 Regional Championships, and 5 State Runner Ups since the playoff system began.

None of that has anything to do with the game on Friday but it is insulting for you to act like Somerset has just recently had a short run of success. That would be the Commodores that have had a recent short run of success after a mediocre history, not the other way around.
^ Region champs in '99 too.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Those aren't the correct records for those years. Here they are back to 2000:

2000-10-2
2001-9-3
2002-5-6
2003-9-3 District Champs
2004-5-6
2007-9-4 District Champs
2008-5-6

That is 8 seasons of 9 wins or more out of the last 11 and an overall record of 100-39 for a winning percentage of .719.

Overall Somerset is 8th in wins in state history with an overall record of 643-364-43. The Briar Jumpers have 15 District Championships, 14 Regional Championships, and 5 State Runner Ups since the playoff system began.

None of that has anything to do with the game on Friday but it is insulting for you to act like Somerset has just recently had a short run of success. That would be the Commodores that have had a recent short run of success after a mediocre history, not the other way around.

It looks like they take a year off every now and then lol. jk
zaga_fan Wrote:And you guys have been a dynasty since the beginning of time right?

2002 - 6-5
2003 - 6-5
2004 - 6-5
2005 - 12-2

If you played for Perry the years you listed, i don't think going 4-7 and 1-9 your last two years there gives you a lot of ammo to start bringing up mediocre records! :dontthink:dontthink
PCC wins this one.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Those aren't the correct records for those years. Here they are back to 2000:

2000-10-2
2001-9-3
2002-5-6
2003-9-3 District Champs
2004-5-6
2007-9-4 District Champs
2008-5-6

Well I wasn't trying to insult you...
it just look like you guys have the "butt-hurt syndrome" that everyone seems to get in the Perry thread.
I said Somerset has played well recently...
if you losers wanna cry foul and jump off the deep end because I didn't take into account every win in your school's history when I try to compliment you on what you've done recently then go for it.
My reputation speaks for itself on here and I give credit where it is due but I'm totally at a loss as to why anyone would get upset over what I said....
however....
you guys get upset and take your storied history back to Somerset Friday night while we celebrate the win with our Seniors.
Zaga's Predictions for Somerset @ Perry

#1) A Perry Central Win
#2) A Somerset Loss
#3) Perry Scores NO LESS than 30 Points
#4) Matt Robinson >/= 15 Total Tackles
#5) Somerset fans get butt-hurt
#6) Perry continues to improve as they move on to the best regular season record in the history of the school.

Smile
Dumpster Diving Wrote:If you played for Perry the years you listed, i don't think going 4-7 and 1-9 your last two years there gives you a lot of ammo to start bringing up mediocre records! :dontthink:dontthink

I wasn't a football player for very long so I had nothing to do with that
zaga_fan Wrote:Nope

I'm just a hater lol

I can't believe I would have went as far as to say something so insulting to these fans....
I've disgraced my name....
I don't know if I'll ever post again....
Changed my mind....

Go Dores Wink
Why is everyone so sensitive to a little conversation?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next