Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
53.51%
Harlan County
46.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs Harlan County
HDE Wrote:Cawood played the first game on the new Bell field in 1984 and won.

I was there and my husband played. It was totally awesome.....great memories.
going to be @ this one "THE BEARS" by 6 Larkey will be the difference
Harlan County will be up for this one, Larkey vs Mills in a new rivalry now. Going to be a good one on Log Mountain Friday night. Going to make a prediction later in the week.
strawshaker Wrote:This Very well may be the best Game of an already
great season.
Harlan county I predicted would Eventually be Top Dawg
in the mountains.
GREAT COACH .FAN SUPPORT
excellent middle school Feeder programs with very talented
incoming atheletes. and Even Moreso in their Future.
But beating Bell may Not be this season...And The
only reasoning I have is that Bell County
Had a MUCH tougher scheduling from the getgo.
Bell County has had problems against the pass.
But is more than up to the challenge against the Harlan countys run.
Harlan county will keep it close the first half maybe even
hold a slim lead.
But as soon as Bell county gets ahead Harlan County which
are not used to being in this situation If they Panic and force things
Bell county could very well win in a blowout.
Otherwise if they keep it a good game for 3 quarters.
anything can happen.
But remember we are just one season away from a 35-0 win
by the Bobcats at HARLAN COUNTY.
Harlan County has confidence..Coaching..Size..speed and Great fan support.
Bell County has tradition..Pride..mental toughness and home field.
Log Mountain will most certainally be the place for anyone who LOVES
football will want to be and not just mountain football But HIGH LEVEL
High school Football.
First thing, you are the second person that has said last years score was 35-0, the final score was actually 35-6 and even that score was not at indicative of the type of battle that went on that night and all of Bell Co knows that. The game was very hard fought with Bell getting some big breaks (a fumbled kickoff returned for 6 very late) to add to the final not to mention an 80 yd run by Davenport. HC moved the ball, but didnt do a good job finishing drives, the bottom line is, it was a very competitive game with the veteran Bell players making more big plays. This year HC has the edge in veteran offensive players with the exception of Davenport. I am sure he will have a good night, but the Black Bears do have a lot of offensive firepower to make it a great game and even though I picked Bell to win I do believe HC has a shot, depending on who makes the most mistakes!! I believe some of Bell's younger players will make some mistakes and will be very intersting indeed!!
Bc 28
hc 14
I'm going with the bears. I think they're the best. If Bell County is better, beat em!
Last years score is really irrelevant, but it was in fact 35-0. If anyone needs proof all you have to do is go to the KHSAA website and you can see exactly what the score was. This will be a great game, I know the Bobcats will be ready and excited to play hc. This game is for pride and no one has more pride than our BOBCATS.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:First thing, you are the second person that has said last years score was 35-0, the final score was actually 35-6 and even that score was not at indicative of the type of battle that went on that night and all of Bell Co knows that. The game was very hard fought with Bell getting some big breaks (a fumbled kickoff returned for 6 very late) to add to the final not to mention an 80 yd run by Davenport. HC moved the ball, but didnt do a good job finishing drives, the bottom line is, it was a very competitive game with the veteran Bell players making more big plays. This year HC has the edge in veteran offensive players with the exception of Davenport. I am sure he will have a good night, but the Black Bears do have a lot of offensive firepower to make it a great game and even though I picked Bell to win I do believe HC has a shot, depending on who makes the most mistakes!! I believe some of Bell's younger players will make some mistakes and will be very intersting indeed!!

The final score was 35-0. You need to check it out.
Bell won't be able to contain that aggressive running game the Black Bears have, and don't get me started on the coaching difference.

Harlan County-45
Bell County-20
Bell 49
Harlan 35
HC for sure has the edge at coaching, but Bell has so much speed with Davenport I am picking Bell. Bell has rode Davenport all year and I expect him to carry them to victory Friday. Now, the future may not be the same. I expect HC to continue to improve and Bell may fall off some. So, good luck to both teams and look forward to Friday.
Score was 35-0 and could have been 42. We had the ball at the 1 yard line with around 5 minutes left and sent in the JV. Some people who say Harlan Co. can score more than 35 pts is crazy. Should be a great game.

Lots of people having been saying next year about Bell for a long time but next year seems to never come.
Bell Co-21
Harlan Co-16
i will take Bell in this one.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Score was 35-0 and could have been 42. We had the ball at the 1 yard line with around 5 minutes left and sent in the JV. Some people who say Harlan Co. can score more than 35 pts is crazy. Should be a great game.

Lots of people having been saying next year about Bell for a long time but next year seems to never come.
Yes and once upon a time Bell county said the same thing about Cawood!! They finally got over that hump and my friend HC will get over the hump someday as well!! Dont doubt that, HC has beaten Bell's younger teams about 5 or 6 out of the last 7 or 8 times they have played including a sweep so far this year, its not a matter of if, but when sir. It may not be this year, that is yet to be seen, but it will come!! By the way, this is only HC's 4th year in existence and no one really thought HC could beat any of the great teams Bell had the last 3 years, so I dont know where the lots of people have been saying next year for a long time comes from? I would think that last year would have been the first time that anyone had ever said that about beating Bell?
GridIronGod Wrote:Bell won't be able to contain that aggressive running game the Black Bears have, and don't get me started on the coaching difference.

Harlan County-45
Bell County-20
geesh...whatcha talking about willis??:please:
Friends don't let Friends Drive Drunk ..much less Post such a prediction
on Bluegrass Rivals..
The Dallas Freaking Cowboys couldn't score 45 points
against The Mighty Bobcats Defense at the Hilton while being cheered
onward by
Their beloved Bobcat Nation@!!
:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Should be a dandy, might have to skip Clay Co & head down to Bell Co for this one. Both teams are great & evenly matched. Bell is not as good as last year & Harlan is a lot better than they were last year. Should be a nail biter but I think Harlan will pull it off, if they can overcome the mental aspect of playing Bell, AT Bell. Davenport is a special player & he's gonna get his. If they can contain the rest & keep Davenport from just going off, they should win. IMO, if you took Davenport's big play ability away from Bell, Harlan would beat'em 3TD's. But friday night, he will be in the backfield, making big plays.
Harlan 35
Bell 34
Bell County - 35
Harlan County - 34
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Lots of people having been saying next year about Bell for a long time but next year seems to never come.

No one in Harlan County said it until this year. The school has only been there for four years. Everyone knew how good last year's senior class was and Harlan County knew they were the underdogs until they graduated.
14-7 Black Bears

I don't expect a lot of pass plays and don't expect either coach to show too much. Couple of long drives by each team will really eat up the clock. Though both teams can score quickly I see a defensive grind in this game.
5 more days
im going with harlan county, 35-14....
ladycats23 Wrote:geesh...whatcha talking about willis??:please:
Friends don't let Friends Drive Drunk ..much less Post such a prediction
on Bluegrass Rivals..
The Dallas Freaking Cowboys couldn't score 45 points
against The Mighty Bobcats Defense at the Hilton while being cheered
onward by
Their beloved Bobcat Nation@!!
:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

mighty bobcats defense?? they have played 3 teams with a winning record, ( corbin, lex cath, and lafayette. and corbin is borderline 5-4.
rockfan11 Wrote:mighty bobcats defense?? they have played 3 teams with a winning record, ( corbin, lex cath, and lafayette. and corbin is borderline 5-4.

So 5-4 isn't a winning record?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:First thing, you are the second person that has said last years score was 35-0, the final score was actually 35-6 and even that score was not at indicative of the type of battle that went on that night and all of Bell Co knows that. The game was very hard fought with Bell getting some big breaks (a fumbled kickoff returned for 6 very late) to add to the final not to mention an 80 yd run by Davenport. HC moved the ball, but didnt do a good job finishing drives, the bottom line is, it was a very competitive game with the veteran Bell players making more big plays. This year HC has the edge in veteran offensive players with the exception of Davenport. I am sure he will have a good night, but the Black Bears do have a lot of offensive firepower to make it a great game and even though I picked Bell to win I do believe HC has a shot, depending on who makes the most mistakes!! I believe some of Bell's younger players will make some mistakes and will be very intersting indeed!!

It was 35-0 and I don't remember Harlan County making it into the red zone.

I honestly thought this year would be the year that they beat Bell but I don't see it happening in Bell County the way the Black Bear defense has been over the past few weeks.
They hold people to less points than they score though and that's the important thing.
But I think Bell is too much at home.
^Correction
I think the Black Bears made it deep into the red zone once.
Right when Bell pulled out the starters.
They made it into the red zone against Bell's first string.
rockfan11 Wrote:im going with harlan county, 35-14....
That prediction is laughable.
41-14 Bell County...35-0 Bell county.last two seasons
This will be another day at the office for The BELL COUNTY BOBCATS.
Harlan County And their PADDED Schedule will Be exposed For
what they are...an overated mountain power wannabee.
Bell County is time tested and championship
Proven Have the Hardware in the trophy
case to show it.
You want to be GREAT..then quit running your mouth and line up
and back it up..cause up to now you Have not PROVED ANYTHING To
BELL COUNTY.
Bell Co by 7
No they never made it into the redzone. Crossed the 50 2 or 3 times and that was it.

I did not necessarily say Harlan Co. has been saying next year, just people as in other teams. Harlan Co. is not the only team around and football was played before HC came on the scene!!!!

Who has HC played that is good??? GRC maybe and PCC?

Is this HC team really better than last year? (Honest question) I have only seen them 1 time and that was in the grid. They maybe better on offense but not on defense according to the numbers. They are giving up a ton of points!
bell by a score or two!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next