Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain boys vs. City Boys.
All joking and sh!t talking aside. I thought that Bell Co. and schools like that were the mountain schools. east of Lex? am i on the crack?
Stardust Wrote:^ In football????

j/k

yeah i meant football but they have some good baseball there too!
[Image: http://staff.fcps.net/tcook/images/regionsnames.jpg]

I have no idea what this is, but it displayed EKY like this
[Image: http://www.cityofhazard.com/WYMT-TV%20In...%20(2).doc]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yeah thats where bell, sheldon clark and paintsville are right. All the mountain schools are so small in numbers. its really not fair.
[Image: http://www.wineandvinesearch.com/united_...ntucky.png]

Based on this, we can now call Trinity a NKY team Smile
Stardust Wrote:[Image: http://www.wineandvinesearch.com/united_...ntucky.png]

Based on this, we can now call Trinity a NKY team Smile

A 4 region tournament based on this and NKY comes out ahead every single year!
What is the largest mountain school? One of the Laurel Counties? Harlan County?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:A 4 region tournament based on this and NKY comes out ahead every single year!

Sadly, that is very true, if Lexington is considered NKY.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i consider the northern most 3 counties in ky as NKY. but i live in campbell... So is Lex really considered NKY? i always thought of it as central? Im kinda somewhat from cincinnati though(dont hate me).
if Kentucky didnt have counties so small would they dominate Ohio HS Football?
birdman44 Wrote:i consider the northern most 3 counties in ky as NKY. but i live in campbell... So is Lex really considered NKY? i always thought of it as central? Im kinda somewhat from cincinnati though(dont hate me).

No, you are right, traditionally Boone, Kenton and the CROWN of the state Campbell are considered NKY! We have many transplants, so no hard feelings at all, you were smart enough to get out before it was too late....:Thumbs: lol
^I don't think so.

Ohio is SOOOOOOO populated with large cities, it is hard to do it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:[Image: http://staff.fcps.net/tcook/images/regionsnames.jpg]

I have no idea what this is, but it displayed EKY like this

This is a geographic map so technically speaking it is the best indicator of 'mountains'.
[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...rchase.png]

WKY - seems like a small region
Stardust Wrote:[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...rchase.png]

WKY - seems like a small region

yeah i thought it would be almost to Owensboro?
In different scenarios, Different teams would win. If it were to be raining with Phillip Haywood as coach and a power running team. I would favor the Mountain boys. With Tim Couch throwing Screen poasses to John Cole every now and then...but 7 times out of ten The city boys would win on atheticism alone...IMO But the mountain boys wouldnt lay down and quit at all and make the games competitive.
Alpha_Male Wrote:In different scenarios, Different teams would win. If it were to be raining with Phillip Haywood as coach and a power running team. I would favor the Mountain boys. With Tim Couch throwing Screen poasses to John Cole every now and then...but 7 times out of ten The city boys would win on atheticism alone...IMO But the mountain boys wouldnt lay down and quit at all and make the games competitive.

So its all-time mountain vs all-time city?

I was thinking this year or teams in general. completely different story

Id actually say it would be a hell of a game to watch. too close to call.
Alpha_Male Wrote:In different scenarios, Different teams would win. If it were to be raining with Phillip Haywood as coach and a power running team. I would favor the Mountain boys. With Tim Couch throwing Screen poasses to John Cole every now and then...but 7 times out of ten The city boys would win on atheticism alone...IMO But the mountain boys wouldnt lay down and quit at all and make the games competitive.

You don't think NFL stalwart Shaun Alexander running behind the biggest and best lineman I ever played against and Four Super Bowl appearances, Mark Pike could run the ball in the Rain????
Got to consider this onefor the mountains:
Wallace "Wah Wah" Jones, the greatest Harlan Green Dragon of all time. Played under two legendary coaches at UK,Adolph Rupp and Paul "Bear" Bryant. He Is a two sport All American and the only Kentucky Wildcat to ever to have his jersey retired in two sports football and basketball. His name is on the wall in Commonwealth stadium. He was one of the original 1948 "Fabulous Five" national championship team and the 1949 National Championship team. He opted to play professional basketball. He played three seasons in the NBA. Drafted #9 in the first round by Washington. Believe me,I could go on and on....
I also have to mention Harlan's all time greatest reciever,Larry Kirksey. He played on the 1968 Green Dragon team that went undefeated in regular season(10-0-1) and tied Lynch East Main for the district championship. By the system that was used in those day's Lynch got to go on to state and beat Frankfort for the state championship. A lot of people will tell you that the two best teams in the state that year in class A were from Harlan Co.. Larry Kirksey,if i'm not mistaken,caught a pass in the endzone that was ruled out of bounds that would have won that game. Last I heard in 2007 he was wide reciever coach for the Houston Texans.
No mention of George Wilson yet, the Tilghman grad is having a heck of a year in Buffalo
Stardust Wrote:You don't think NFL stalwart Shaun Alexander running behind the biggest and best lineman I ever played against and Four Super Bowl appearances, Mark Pike could run the ball in the Rain????

I was just making an example,They would deff. have sucess. But In their High School days they werent NFL players yet. 90% of mountain teams Have ran the wishbone, power I, wing T or split wing for 10 plus years going back to When they were in little league. Thus having experience in the power running game, and controlling the clock. I assure you Bobby Duramus of pikeville. Joey Couch of Paintsville and Doug Howard of Belfry would get atleast 4 yards a pop. They also wouldnt get tired because of the deep stable of backs that would play behind or start ahead of them with no drop off of talent. Tim Couch is ESPN's #6 High School athlete of all-time. John Cole is KY's version of Jerry Rice when it comes to stats. Phillip Haywood will be the all-time leader in wins come this years playoffs. The Mountain teams wouldnt get blown out by any stretch. I even said in ten games they woud win 70% of the games but in different cases the mountain team could win. If they played a 7 game series no team would sweep the other or win by more than 2 scores. IMO. But I guess we all have opinions. I willl say one thing thou I would sell my car to see this game if it could be played.
Hatz Wrote:Wouldn't Tuck Wollum be a better choice from the mountains and EKU stardom?

:Thumbs:
jw4914 Wrote:Mountain Boys would rule!! Just a few of the top of my head.... A. Holland Jr (Perry Co.
Central), Shawn Robbins (Bell), Jon Chapman (Pikeville), Josh Gross (Russell), Kasey Clark
(Russell), Kyle Moore (Breathitt), Channing Fugate (Breathitt), Neal Tucker (Somerset),
John Cole (Somerset) Zach Lewis (Clay), Matt Dobbs (Clay), Josh Hale (Rockcastle),
Shawn Grimm (Johnson Central), Ian Welch (Johnson Central), Jon Combs (Hazard), got to
throw in the leg of Dustin Wynn (Middlesboro),,, That should pretty much cover the skill
players and defensive backs. Now pitch in a couple of big O-Tackles and a couple of
quick guards 4.9+ for some pulling and downfield blocking and City Boys go down......
no David JONES or Doug Howard,they would have to be on that team..
Alpha_Male Wrote:I was just making an example,They would deff. have sucess. But In their High School days they werent NFL players yet. 90% of mountain teams Have ran the wishbone, power I, wing T or split wing for 10 plus years going back to When they were in little league. Thus having experience in the power running game, and controlling the clock. I assure you Bobby Duramus of pikeville. Joey Couch of Paintsville and Doug Howard of Belfry would get atleast 4 yards a pop. They also wouldnt get tired because of the deep stable of backs that would play behind or start ahead of them with no drop off of talent. Tim Couch is ESPN's #6 High School athlete of all-time. John Cole is KY's version of Jerry Rice when it comes to stats. Phillip Haywood will be the all-time leader in wins come this years playoffs. The Mountain teams wouldnt get blown out by any stretch. I even said in ten games they woud win 70% of the games but in different cases the mountain team could win. If they played a 7 game series no team would sweep the other or win by more than 2 scores. IMO. But I guess we all have opinions. I willl say one thing thou I would sell my car to see this game if it could be played.

That's fair. My earlier comments were more specific to how can we compare HS accomplishments when the level of competition that you are playing vary so greatly!
Phil Simms was a SUPER BOWL MVP, Shaun Alexander was a NFL MVP and set a TD record, Paul Hornung was Heisman winner and pro and college football H.O.F. John Cole is an excellant football but I don't think he was on the same level as Criag Yeast who finished UK as the all time leader in the SEC in recs and 2nd in Yards. Truely Tim Couch would be the only Mountian player I CAN THINK of whose accomplishments would come close to those of other D1 NFL players from other parts of the state. But yet Phil Simms had a better NFL career.