Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain boys vs. City Boys.
If there was a game to where we could put together our own all time all star mountain team and play them against an all time all star city team. Who would win? Who would be the coach of each team? & What players would you choose? and why? The teams can consist of past & present prospects. & You can only pick 11 guys just as needed.

Lets here it!
Who the Mountain Coach? and i would love to see them have a senior game Mountain Seniors against City seniors
If you are considering CITY Lousiville, Lexington, Northen KY area, BG, Owensboro area, and Puducah then IMO the Moutian team would be overmatched.
Are we talk'in,fantasy,high school football? Then I say you ought to add a position a day and let posters make suggestions and then choose the position at the end of the day until you have a mountain team and a city team. Then put the teams up against one another and let poster's comment on who would win and why. Just a suggestion.
Also what about the Boyle Co. boys were would you put them at? I think putting a list together would be a good idea.
So is it as simple as putting the list together of guys who went on to the NFL?
Quote:Are we talk'in,fantasy,high school football? Then I say you ought to add a position a day and let posters make suggestions and then choose the position at the end of the day until you have a mountain team and a city team. Then put the teams up against one another and let poster's comment on who would win and why. Just a suggestion.

Yes.
& thats actually not a bad idea, i was brainstorming on how i could do this. thanks
Quote:If you are considering CITY Lousiville, Lexington, Northen KY area, BG, Owensboro area, and Puducah then IMO the Moutian team would be overmatched.

idk man, these mountain teams have had some pretty damn good players.
IMO Mountain football used to run the show back in the day. NOT city school. but thats just my opinion
Quote:Who the Mountain Coach? and i would love to see them have a senior game Mountain Seniors against City seniors

we'll get to that later on, right now i just want to focus on these fantasy teams.
Quote:So is it as simple as putting the list together of guys who went on to the NFL?

Its whatever list of guys that everyone thinks deserves a spot, past or present.
If this is based on name recognition and what guys went on to great success in D1 and the NFL for extended careers
Really?? With the teams from Louiville Saint X and Trinity and a few from Lexington.
i think i will start a new thread for each position and let everyone choose who they think is the best. & once the dust has settles i will write them all down to form both teams it will consist of 22 players for each.. i just want to start something interesting that no one has thought of and has never been down on here before.
Quote:Really?? With the teams from Louiville Saint X and Trinity and a few from Lexington.

yes im talking all city school players, again past or present.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:idk man, these mountain teams have had some pretty damn good players.
IMO Mountain football used to run the show back in the day. NOT city school. but thats just my opinion

What day was this? It had to be prior to the 1900 season.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:yes im talking all city school players, again past or present.

I'll take the city sleekers over the mountain boys.
I'll take this year Trinity team over a mountain all star team.
^ LOL, I agree. I think you could put a superstar team together from Lexington and Louisville and still not be this years Rocks squad!
The city team would win with ease. Too much speed. Jared Lorenzen, Mark Higgs, Michael Bush, Derek Smith, Craig Yeast etc. No way the mountain teams could match up.
Mountain Boys would rule!! Just a few of the top of my head.... A. Holland Jr (Perry Co.
Central), Shawn Robbins (Bell), Jon Chapman (Pikeville), Josh Gross (Russell), Kasey Clark
(Russell), Kyle Moore (Breathitt), Channing Fugate (Breathitt), Neal Tucker (Somerset),
John Cole (Somerset) Zach Lewis (Clay), Matt Dobbs (Clay), Josh Hale (Rockcastle),
Shawn Grimm (Johnson Central), Ian Welch (Johnson Central), Jon Combs (Hazard), got to
throw in the leg of Dustin Wynn (Middlesboro),,, That should pretty much cover the skill
players and defensive backs. Now pitch in a couple of big O-Tackles and a couple of
quick guards 4.9+ for some pulling and downfield blocking and City Boys go down......
^ I'm being dead serious, and this is not meant to be a knock (god's honest truth), besides Fugate, who I only learned of from this site and have not heard of again - I have never heard of any of those players listed? What did they do after HS that may strike a memory?
Here are a few country boys that come to mind. Tim Couch (Leslie County), Phil Ratliff (Lawrence County), Michael West (Lawrence County) , Joey Stepp (Sheldon Clark), Jeremy Caudill (Pburg), Gerad Parker (Lawrence County), Brent Coleman (Pikeville), Arliss Beach (Ashland), Juan Thomas (Ashland), David Jones (Belfry)
Stardust Wrote:^ I'm being dead serious, and this is not meant to be a knock (god's honest truth), besides Fugate, who I only learned of from this site and have not heard of again - I have never heard of any of those players listed? What did they do after HS that may strike a memory?

I believe Channing Fugate is UT's starting fullback, last I heard anyways.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I believe Channing Fugate is UT's starting fullback, last I heard anyways.

He had 3 catches for 17 yards vs. Montana State in the opening game (42-16 win) and has not played in a game since.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/play...ing-fugate

Sounds like you heard wrong.
I think there are mountain players no one is mentioning:

Wallace Jones of Harlan County
Roger Bird of Corbin
Steve Bird of Corbin
Hackney kid from Pikeville

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

Now add anyone that grew up in a city:

Lexington
Demontii Dawson
Frank Minnifield
Marc Logan

Louisville
Brian Brohm
Jeff Brohm
Jordan Whiting
Reggie Bush
Chris Redman
Phil Simms
Monrell Jones

Owensboro
Mark Higgs
Justin Miller
Bo Smith

Northern KY
Jared Lorenzen
Marty Moore
Brent Hamblin
Shaun Alexander

The list goes on and on.

:popcorn:
city wins IMO, too fast, smart, and well coached, the good ones are hard nosed too, not like some city boys.
Hatz Wrote:I think there are mountain players no one is mentioning:

Roger Bird of Corbin
Steve Bird of Corbin

Lexington
Demontii Dawson
Frank Minnifield
Marc Logan

Louisville
Brian Brohm
Jeff Brohm
Jordan Whiting
Reggie Bush
Chris Redman
Phil Simms
Monrell Jones

Owensboro
Mark Higgs
Justin Miller
Bo Smith

Northern KY
Jared Lorenzen
Marty Moore
Brent Hamblin
Shaun Alexander

The list goes on and on.

You might just want to add Mike Minnix, Tony Mayes,Joey Couch,Bobby Mullins and Brad Tiller (Speed-Football Speed). These all from Paintsville.
Hatz Wrote:I think there are mountain players no one is mentioning:

Roger Bird of Corbin
Steve Bird of Corbin

Lexington
Demontii Dawson
Frank Minnifield
Marc Logan

Louisville
Brian Brohm
Jeff Brohm
Jordan Whiting
Reggie Bush
Chris Redman
Phil Simms
Monrell Jones

Owensboro
Mark Higgs
Justin Miller
Bo Smith

Northern KY
Jared Lorenzen
Marty Moore
Brent Hamblin
Shaun Alexander

The list goes on and on.

IMO the city team wins in a walkover!!! You also got Kurt Barbour and the Robinson kid from Lone Oak a few year back from Pudcuah area. You also have Dawson, Tamme, Leffew boys from Boyle County. Andre Woodson and Derek Homer from Hardin Co area. From Louisville you also have Tony Driver, Harrodsburg also has Mark Dunn, The other Yeast boy that went to Ohio St. and Dennis and Derrick Johnson.
Stardust Wrote:^ I'm being dead serious, and this is not meant to be a knock (god's honest truth), besides Fugate, who I only learned of from this site and have not heard of again - I have never heard of any of those players listed? What did they do after HS that may strike a memory?

Look at the state WR records for a season and a career and you will become acquainted with John Cole. He should have been Mr. Football in 2007, I know it was Corey Robinson's ridiculous TD season, but he broke every WR record in the state as a junior and made the state records list as a returner and WR his senior year as well. 1st team all state in 2006 & 2007. He got hurt this year but he's been starting at Vanderbilt since day 1.

I can probably find videos if anyone cares to see them, pretty amazing football player. Not trying to discredit any past receivers, but if you are making an all time greatest mountain football team, John Cole has to be the #1 receiver. He was that good, I watched him play from his Freshman year on and the only team that stopped him was 2005 NCC when he was a Sophomore.
I am just going with the thread and picking based on High School performance. You are
implying an extended path to the next level. I'm sure many of these guys went on to
have outstanding futures. But, (and I apologize if this offends anyone, but I am an old
mountain boy) just saying that some Mountain boys, like myself, had the offers and never
pursued them. And, I still say that from the pool of Mountain wonders (with a little old
school) would take care of business against a top city roundup.