Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(5) Boise State 35 - (19) Georgia 21
OrangenowBlue Wrote:UK doesn't want any part of Boise State this year.

Boise wouldn't want a part of Kentucky's Schedule. Hell I wouldn't mind playing them. If we had film on them for that years offense we would probably beat them. Any SEC defense would. They schedule these games at the first of the year for that specific reason. Any decent defense that got ahold of that film would take moore out of the game after about a quarter.Taylor Wyndham would need one free shot, and he would get it, and then we wouldn't have to hear about Kellen Moore for a while. Because he is alot of things but Tebow Tough is not one of them.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Boise wouldn't want a part of Kentucky's Schedule. Hell I wouldn't mind playing them. If we had film on them for that years offense we would probably beat them. Any SEC defense would. They schedule these games at the first of the year for that specific reason. Any decent defense that got ahold of that film would take moore out of the game after about a quarter.Taylor Wyndham would need one free shot, and he would get it, and then we wouldn't have to hear about Kellen Moore for a while. Because he is alot of things but Tebow Tough is not one of them.

Gotta take up for Moore here. No one and I mean no one will be as good as Tebow! The kid was a phenom.

But the rest of your post is.. :Thumbs:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who won the national championship that year?
Oh, and the last 5?:eyeroll:
Not the point. SEC is obviously BY FAR the best conference in college football. Nobody is disputing that. But acting like BSU is terrible just because they're not from the SEC is silly. I'm not saying they could win the SEC, but they could play with almost every team in the conference. Georgia is a middle of the pack team in the SEC and they beat them quite easy @ UGA.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Gotta take up for Moore here. No one and I mean no one will be as good as Tebow! The kid was a phenom.

But the rest of your post is.. :Thumbs:

Ahh I don't buy the crap they extend these "Open Invitations" and all that crap but I promise if Bama or LSU came calling they would have a Scheduling Conflict. Boise State probably has the best marketing crew in the country.
They won't come calling because they are not going to take the risk. Two years ago people were stating that Boise couldn't beat anyone in the SEC. Last year, the only teams they could beat, according to the critics, was Vandy and possibly UK. Now everyone is using just Bama and LSU. Georgia may be a mediocre team in the SEC but did everyone know this when this game was scheduled 1.5 years ago.
This was a great win for Boise State, I'm not trying to say this wasnt a good win. UGA is a solid team, I think their a lot better than most people on here on are giving them. Congrats to Boise, I just hate them and tired of hearing bout them when they go 12-0 and only play one quality team at the beginning of the year.
MVP2 Wrote:This was a great win for Boise State, I'm not trying to say this wasnt a good win. UGA is a solid team, I think their a lot better than most people on here on are giving them. Congrats to Boise, I just hate them and tired of hearing bout them when they go 12-0 and only play one quality team at the beginning of the year.

I may not agree with the hate, but overall I can agree with the post. They must use some of the same PR people for Cordia basketball.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I may not agree with the hate, but overall I can agree with the post. They must use some of the same PR people for Cordia basketball.

I bet your right.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I hate Boise State. I really do. I hate their stupid blue field, and their stupid new helmets and I really hate how ESPN never shuts the ^#$* up about them. I hate them, no congrats, I just flat out hate them. I would laugh my ass off if someone hung 60 on their ass. I'm not bitter, I swear. :rage:

I actually like there helmets.lol
Aslan Wrote:Not the point. SEC is obviously BY FAR the best conference in college football. Nobody is disputing that. But acting like BSU is terrible just because they're not from the SEC is silly. I'm not saying they could win the SEC, but they could play with almost every team in the conference. Georgia is a middle of the pack team in the SEC and they beat them quite easy @ UGA.

The game being played in at the G-dome , I could see people saying BSU came into the house and beat them but this game was at the Georgia Dome (Atlanta). UGA plays their home games in Athens. Boise beat Georgia on a netural field.
king360 Wrote:I actually like there helmets.lol
Me too.
MVP2 Wrote:The game being played in at the G-dome , I could see people saying BSU came into the house and beat them but this game was at the Georgia Dome (Atlanta). UGA plays their home games in Athens. Boise beat Georgia on a netural field.

Lol seriously? The game was played in Atlanta. Yeah, technically the game was played on a neutral field, but that's basically a home game for Georgia. They probably only had to drive 30 minutes to get to the field, compared to Boise St who had to fly a place across the country. Also the time zone difference. I'm sure Georgia also had more fans there too. Playing the game at Atlanta definitely gave Georgia the advantage. Might as well been a home game.
^

True. I'd bet anything UGA had more fans there. I get the point that this game being played in the state of GA seem like a home and give them an advantage. I'm just saying you cant Boise beat them on their home field, this game was played on neutral field.
Aslan Wrote:Not the point. SEC is obviously BY FAR the best conference in college football. Nobody is disputing that. But acting like BSU is terrible just because they're not from the SEC is silly. I'm not saying they could win the SEC, but they could play with almost every team in the conference. Georgia is a middle of the pack team in the SEC and they beat them quite easy @ UGA.

Then your pretty much agreeing with me.
I never said Boise wasnt a good team. Ive just always said they couldnt compete in the SEC with the top tier programs on a weekly basis.
More than likely Moore would get hurt half way threw the year playing SEC defenses week in and week out. I think Boise is a good football team. But i dont believe they deserve to even be in the discussion to go to the national championship game when teams that are in the SEC play the schedule they do.
Id take a 2 loss LSU or Bama over and undefeated Boise ANY DAY of the week.
This is why we need atleast a 4 or 8 team playoff. It would end all of this nonsense forever.
James Madison has a purple field

Eastern Washington has a Red Field
I wish we could trade schedules with them for a year. I want to be considered for a national title.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I wish we could trade schedules with them for a year. I want to be considered for a national title.

We could trade schedules with Morehead this year and we still wouldn't be in contention for a National title.
^ LOL, very true
On the 2012 football schedule, both Alabama and Boise State need games for 09-29-12. Good time for a matchup so the Broncos can be put in their place. I checked LSU and they have no matching dates. Their schedule consists of football superpowers North Texas, Idaho, and the legendary football dynasty Towson.
I sure do hate the blue field on NCAA when I forget to switch Boise's uni's from all blue to orange. You can't see them when they're all blue.

And I've seen Eastern Washington's field in person. It gave me a migraine like blindness. But it was cool.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Then your pretty much agreeing with me.
I never said Boise wasnt a good team. Ive just always said they couldnt compete in the SEC with the top tier programs on a weekly basis.
More than likely Moore would get hurt half way threw the year playing SEC defenses week in and week out. I think Boise is a good football team. But i dont believe they deserve to even be in the discussion to go to the national championship game when teams that are in the SEC play the schedule they do.
Id take a 2 loss LSU or Bama over and undefeated Boise ANY DAY of the week.
This is why we need atleast a 4 or 8 team playoff. It would end all of this nonsense forever.
Somewhat.
I definitely agree we need a playoff system.
And a two loss SEC team is more worthy to be in the title game than an undefeated Boise State team.
One of your earlier posts said you thought LSU and Bama would beat Boise State by 50. I'm sure(or hope) you were exaggerating. I know you think they'd blow Boise State out though. I believe BSU would play both those team competitively and beat them on rare occasion. If Boise St were in the SEC there final record IMO would be between 8-4 to 10-2.

OrangenowBlue Wrote:We could trade schedules with Morehead this year and we still wouldn't be in contention for a National title.

:trolldad:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:On the 2012 football schedule, both Alabama and Boise State need games for 09-29-12. Good time for a matchup so the Broncos can be put in their place. I checked LSU and they have no matching dates. Their schedule consists of football superpowers North Texas, Idaho, and the legendary football dynasty Towson.

Well then why would they want to drop down in competition to play the lowly Smurfs????
Stardust Wrote:Well then why would they want to drop down in competition to play the lowly Smurfs????

Might be a afraid of the Big Blue Boogerman.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:We could trade schedules with Morehead this year and we still wouldn't be in contention for a National title.

IT HAS BEEN ONE F****** GAME. Im gonna laugh my a$$ off when we have a better year this year than any in the past ten.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:IT HAS BEEN ONE F****** GAME. Im gonna laugh my a$$ off when we have a better year this year than any in the past ten.

I believe your a$$ is safe. UK's passing game sucks. UK's rushing game sucks. UK's offensive line sucks(partially due to injuries). If UK's defense can score about 5 touchdowns a game, they would be able to play in an average bowl. Due to their weak pre-conference schedule they will probably again be in either the Podunk Bowl(Birmingham), the Grand Ole Opry Bowl, or the Blues and BBQ Bowl in Memphis. I am a UK fan but the truth is the truth. I do not wear Big Blue Blinders and I don't do the Nazi Goose Step everytime the UK fight song is played. Blind faith is fine for church but it will get you nowhere on the football field.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I believe your a$$ is safe. UK's passing game sucks. UK's rushing game sucks. UK's offensive line sucks(partially due to injuries). If UK's defense can score about 5 touchdowns a game, they would be able to play in an average bowl. Due to their weak pre-conference schedule they will probably again be in either the Podunk Bowl(Birmingham), the Grand Ole Opry Bowl, or the Blues and BBQ Bowl in Memphis. I am a UK fan but the truth is the truth. I do not wear Big Blue Blinders and I don't do the Nazi Goose Step everytime the UK fight song is played. Blind faith is fine for church but it will get you nowhere on the football field.

Lol and I actually know college football, and can sit here and tell you that It was to be expected that a young team like this would have problems. But we have a veteran Offensive line that played good enough last year to keep Hartline safe. They had a bad game but they were banged up. We have a good defense, a good defense will win games in this conference. We proved that the year after we lost that great senior class. Our offense was so bad that year it was laughable, but the defense got us the 6 wins including two in the SEC. We almost lost to Middle Tennessee state for christ's sake. But we got to a bowl and won.

I'll put it in a way that shows what I mean in the simplest way possible. 10 years ago, If WKU played like this It would be a loss. Now we can have terrible games against teams like this and talent pulls us through. Example, 2004 against Ohio.
^I don't care about 10 years ago, right now. Yeah, everybody knows UK football has improved the past decade. We should be at the point now, were we can beat teams like WKU by as many as we want. Instead, WKU was in the game until late in the 4th. You do realize WKU has won a mere two games the last two years. Fact is Kentucky played awful, against an awful team. This looks like the worst team we've had since we started the bowl streak. I know it's just one game, but UK looked THAT bad.
Aslan Wrote:Somewhat.
I definitely agree we need a playoff system.
And a two loss SEC team is more worthy to be in the title game than an undefeated Boise State team.
One of your earlier posts said you thought LSU and Bama would beat Boise State by 50. I'm sure(or hope) you were exaggerating. I know you think they'd blow Boise State out though. I believe BSU would play both those team competitively and beat them on rare occasion. If Boise St were in the SEC there final record IMO would be between 8-4 to 10-2.

:trolldad:

Agreed
Aslan Wrote:^I don't care about 10 years ago, right now. Yeah, everybody knows UK football has improved the past decade. We should be at the point now, were we can beat teams like WKU by as many as we want. Instead, WKU was in the game until late in the 4th. You do realize WKU has won a mere two games the last two years. Fact is Kentucky played awful, against an awful team. This looks like the worst team we've had since we started the bowl streak. I know it's just one game, but UK looked THAT bad.

You are dead-on Aslan. This is like the Bengals, waiting for them to compete and compete consistently. The Wildcats have not made drastic steps forward. They improve, take two steps back, then one step forward. I'm tired of hearing that it's too tough to compete in the SEC and they will never be able to recruit to stay with the big boys. If that's really the case, then drop the program! It's a waste of money, money that could be put to other programs!