Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 66 Johnson Central 56
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Just a question about the up coming talent for Valley:

Who is the core of this next group of big time players (is it just Dolton Richardson?) and can they replicate any of the history that has blessed Valley in recent years.

The other players who are considered big time players or with big time potential are Cody Belter (freshman) and Andrew Newsome (freshman).

There are several other good players, but those are the ones considered big time by most.
I have been waiting for a chance to correct you. Newsome is an 8th grader.
Ha!

DortonWildcat5 Wrote:The other players who are considered big time players or with big time potential are Cody Belter (freshman) and Andrew Newsome (freshman).

There are several other good players, but those are the ones considered big time by most.
Benchwarmer Wrote:What parents do not baby their children. All players are superstars in the parents eyes and you shouldn't pull the all-star players.

To answer your question about what parents dont baby their kids,, not many these days, but the ones that dont have really good players and kids, the rest have spoiled brats that turn into quitters and blamers and no matter how much talent they got, they will self destruct a good team!
Isn't Newsome suppose to be in the ninth or tenth grade? I used to work with a member of his family and I thought they told me he was a year younger than my son (who turned 16 in September and a Junior -- no hold back here). I noticed he and another varsity player from SV had the most points in the county middle school tournament game last night. Doesn't this put players who are going through the system legitimately "aged" at a great disadvantage? I believe in holding back for academics, but not for sports. There is a life once the game is over and most of our children, though we wish, will not be going to the NBA nor getting a college scholarship for their athletic abilities.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Final from JC. Great win for SV. They finally pulled one of these tough games out.

For Shelby Valley:

Dalton Richardson 20 points (4 three pointers)
Cody Belter 14 points
Jacob Robinson 9 points
Trey Roberts 9 points
Bret Reynolds 8 points
Rusty Roberts 5 points
Andrew Newsome 1 point

For Johnson Central:

Wade Skaggs 13 points
Tate Salyers 12 points
JK Hall 10 points
Cody Parker 9 points
BJ Blackburn 6 points
Chad Collins 4 points
Shane Hall 2 points, 9 blocks

Players of the Game: Dalton Richardson (SV), JK Hall (JC)

To me the biggest stat is that a few of these kids that scored are 8th and 9th graders. WOW!:worthy:
cart man Wrote:I have been waiting for a chance to correct you. Newsome is an 8th grader.
Ha!

I was in a big hurry, but you did get me. I always proofread before I post, but not this time. I'll have to get you back.
Eagle Eye Wrote:[quote=Eagle_Fan442]I missed being @ this game. First off I want to say Congrats to Brett Reynolds of Shelby Valley, from the radio it sounded like you had a pretty good night. As far as the Eagles go, I really don't think it's anybodys business if a parent gets their son a gatorade or checks on him to see if he's ok...that's why we are parents. Emotions get flared this time of year from players,fans,coaches and parents...yes everybody even the ones that want to set back and judge another parents doings, if not you wouldn't be on here.
It's time to step up guys, get your heads outta your butts and play some TEAM ball. I am a parent of one of the players and I'll be the first one to say take my kid out if he's playing stupid, it's not going to upset me and it shouldn't bother Mr.McKenzie to do the same to ANY other player on that team if they are playing stupid or just not playing TEAM ball, he has a deep bench that knows the game. ALL of these other schools would absolutely LOVE to see JC fail and it's up to this TEAM to see that they don't. Quit playing with these other teams and get serious....Go Eagles!!![/QUOTE]

That is my point!!! Glad to see some parents get it!!! I enjoy when Tanner comes in because he is gonna give it his all!! If all the players did this, JC will be playing at Rupp easily!!! I am going to miss him!!!!

I agree with ya 100% EE! :Thumbs: He and his brother are GREAT kids and MOMMY is Awesome too! :1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:The other players who are considered big time players or with big time potential are Cody Belter (freshman) and Andrew Newsome (freshman).

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed the home game against Pikeville the other night. It was a little shocking to actually get to go to a valley game that is so drastically different than what I am used to from the past 4-5 years, but it was great getting to see the ole stomping grounds. I thought that the young players looked fairly good and poised for their age.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]