Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 66 Johnson Central 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final from JC. Great win for SV. They finally pulled one of these tough games out.

For Shelby Valley:

Dalton Richardson 20 points (4 three pointers)
Cody Belter 14 points
Jacob Robinson 9 points
Trey Roberts 9 points
Bret Reynolds 8 points
Rusty Roberts 5 points
Andrew Newsome 1 point

For Johnson Central:

Wade Skaggs 13 points
Tate Salyers 12 points
JK Hall 10 points
Cody Parker 9 points
BJ Blackburn 6 points
Chad Collins 4 points
Shane Hall 2 points, 9 blocks

Players of the Game: Dalton Richardson (SV), JK Hall (JC)
WOW! This is ANYBODY"S Region!!!!
JC might be in jeopardy of a early exit in the tourny and after tonight, i dont mean Regional tourny. Yikes!!!
OffTheHook Wrote:WOW! This is ANYBODY"S Region!!!!

SV getting better all the time,and your right, looks like anybody who makes the tourney could win, expect for Belfry, i dont think they can, and i am a fan..
I personally think it's a SHAME when some of the fans from JC behave the way they did tonight! 1st you hear fans screaming at the coaches for taking the 1st string out, then you hear at halftime fans screaming "look at this hall of shame", then you hear Mom's yelling "why are you taking my kid out, he's the only one playing good". Then lastly, why in the world would a parent come down behind the bench for the 2nd straight game and BABY their kid like they did tonight? I think it's time for these parents to grow up and stop putting the blame on someone else and take a look in the mirror. Maybe it's you that taught your kids to act the way they do. Maybe it's you who needs be yelled at and blamed for what has become a recurring theme. These kids that were playing and pulled out of the game were pulled because they let a 7-4 lead become a 24-7 deficite. The 2nd string did a good job, they practice just as hard as anyone else and they deserved the time they got tonight.
The fact of the matter is we can sit here and blame coaches, administrators, other players, but when it comes down to it I put the blame on the parents. These attitudes are a reflection on YOU. Until you take a step back and allow your young man to just PLAY A GAME then this will continue. Johnson Central has a ton of talent, yes, but until these KIDS are allowed to play a GAME and not have to worry about what's gonna be said when they go home they will never achieve what they are capable of. It's time to grow up!
Went across the river to watch this one, big win for SV!!! JC has played poorly last two games and have been out coached all year long. The region is anyones to win but I will take Betsy Lane.
Personally, I don't know why Coach Mckenzie took the starters out in the second quarter but I think it might have cost him the win. The starters were playing horrible but they might of got going before the half instead of coming out so cold in the second half.
SV is peaking at the right time. I look for East Ridge to be one and done come district tournament.
The JC fans are terrible. I dont know which was parents and who wasnt but they yelled alot of bad things tonight.

For the game. Shelby Valley deserved this win. They have played close with alot of good teams and lost late. Dalton Richardson stepped up big time and so did Jake Robinson when in the game. Brett Rebounded great. Shelby Valley just played good tonight. I dont think its gonna be good for East Ridge come the 22nd.
ladyeaglefan Wrote:I personally think it's a SHAME when some of the fans from JC behave the way they did tonight! 1st you hear fans screaming at the coaches for taking the 1st string out, then you hear at halftime fans screaming "look at this hall of shame", then you hear Mom's yelling "why are you taking my kid out, he's the only one playing good". Then lastly, why in the world would a parent come down behind the bench for the 2nd straight game and BABY their kid like they did tonight? I think it's time for these parents to grow up and stop putting the blame on someone else and take a look in the mirror. Maybe it's you that taught your kids to act the way they do. Maybe it's you who needs be yelled at and blamed for what has become a recurring theme. These kids that were playing and pulled out of the game were pulled because they let a 7-4 lead become a 24-7 deficite. The 2nd string did a good job, they practice just as hard as anyone else and they deserved the time they got tonight.
The fact of the matter is we can sit here and blame coaches, administrators, other players, but when it comes down to it I put the blame on the parents. These attitudes are a reflection on YOU. Until you take a step back and allow your young man to just PLAY A GAME then this will continue. Johnson Central has a ton of talent, yes, but until these KIDS are allowed to play a GAME and not have to worry about what's gonna be said when they go home they will never achieve what they are capable of. It's time to grow up!

I couldn't agree more with this statement...it does get aggrevating going to a game and have to listen to all the complaining about the coach and his decisions instead of being supportive of the team. Is it really that hard to cheer the TEAM on? I mean, I sat tonight around someone's family (could tell because they yelled about him the entire night along with their matching wardrobe) and they were making fun of another player. How mature is an ADULT for poking fun at a 16 or 17 year old boy? I'm just baffled at the thought, and I know that everyone wants the best for their child...but JC is not a team ran by ONE player.

A lot of flack was given to Coach McKenzie over his decision to pull the starters with 5 minutes to go in the first half, shoot that's probably one of the better things he's done. A lot of the starters came out flat and only score 9 points in the first 11 minutes of the game, well those reserves came in and scored more in 5 minutesthan the regular five did. The game was still well within reach at the half, and it appeared as if most of the kids came back out with a different mindset. J.K. Hall played his heart out as did a few others in the second half. It seemed like every time I turned around, he was diving on the floor for loose balls, sprinting past everyone on a breakaway for a basket, playing good defense. However, as a team it wasn't enough.

As you stated, this is just a GAME. There isn't one player on the team with major basketball talent, and there isn't one player that is going to be in the NBA...closest thing to it is to buy a ticket. Stop filling their heads with the "Greatest" speech, and let them be kids. Support the team and if that's not enough, when the job comes open again apply for it.
Jake Robinson hit 3 three pointers in the first half but took a knee to the head. He had symptons of a concussion and the staff chose to to sit him out the rest of the game for his safety. Good win for SV.
I just believe the 59th is the best and strongest district in the 15th.
I would start the Hall kid. He's awesome.
Nothing But The Kids Wrote:SV is peaking at the right time. I look for East Ridge to be one and done come district tournament.

sorry but your wrong dude. Valley is not peaking at this time but they still have a big mountain in front of them. Their are getting better though
ladyeaglefan Wrote:I personally think it's a SHAME when some of the fans from JC behave the way they did tonight! 1st you hear fans screaming at the coaches for taking the 1st string out, then you hear at halftime fans screaming "look at this hall of shame", then you hear Mom's yelling "why are you taking my kid out, he's the only one playing good". Then lastly, why in the world would a parent come down behind the bench for the 2nd straight game and BABY their kid like they did tonight? I think it's time for these parents to grow up and stop putting the blame on someone else and take a look in the mirror. Maybe it's you that taught your kids to act the way they do. Maybe it's you who needs be yelled at and blamed for what has become a recurring theme. These kids that were playing and pulled out of the game were pulled because they let a 7-4 lead become a 24-7 deficite. The 2nd string did a good job, they practice just as hard as anyone else and they deserved the time they got tonight.

I agree one million percent!! Its time for these kids espicially five of the six seniors(excluding Tanner Bratton because he at least plays hard) to take their diapers off and grow up. I for one as a fan and graduate am embarrassed to even cheer for this team. They will regret the way they act and play on the court when they finally do grow up. This is probably one if not the most talented teams to ever come through this school and they have two weeks to get it together or it will go down as the most embarrassing team to ever play!!!! I am so sick of watching the walking down the court, walking off the court, pouting if something doesn't go your way, throwing your wristbands if your takin out of the game. I agree this reflects on the parents because I know my kids will never act that way!! I bet we have went through numerous cases of tissue!!:baby::Sad04: Show a little heart, a little emotion, have a little pride because right now your the whole region is laughing at you!!! That is exactly why Paintsville played so close even though JC is probably 20 points better. They were diving on the floor, taking charges, going for all the loose balls! The fact is they played with heart, emotion, and pride something this team lacks. You have a small amount of time to decide which way this is going!!! Its up to the players not the coaches and not the parents!!
Impressive win for Valley!
I didn't expect this one at all.
Big win S V
Good win for Shelby Valley. They are really improving as the season moves along. Johnson Central's defense is what seems to be hurting them. I had a theory so I looked up some stats to see if I was right. At one time they did not allow over 55 points in a game for 11 out of 12 games. Now they have allowed more than that 5 of the last 7 including 3 in a row. They used to play a 3-2 zone and a 1-3-1 and I haven't seen that in a while. Heck, even a 2-3 would probably work better.
Solid win for Shelby Valley. Johnson Central has trouble shooting the ball and guarding people in a man-man defense in which was exposed during the latter part of the game.

Richardson kid strong performance against the Johnson Central backcourt.
I thought that Parker has quit the team back in the earlier part of the season. How many games did he miss altogether? I know he didnt play in the EQT tournament (Pikeville Invitational Tournament) and now he is back on the team.

Good win by Valley in this one.

For Central, sometimes a little shake-up is needed to prove the point that no game is a given win. You have to play hard for 32 minutes at this time of year to advance.
very good win for valley, parker has been back for a few games now.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:sorry but your wrong dude. Valley is not peaking at this time but they still have a big mountain in front of them. Their are getting better though

Comparing from where they were at the beginning of the season until now, they are peaking.
PantherTradition Wrote:Comparing from where they were at the beginning of the season until now, they are peaking.

Sorry but my definition of peaking is on top of their game can't improve anymore. But I simply say Valley is not peaking yet, But and if they can improve more until the end of the regular season. Then its simple another trip to Rupp is in their veiw. All these teams that beat them by 10 or less will not be able to touch them tourny time in this region if they can add 10 to 20 points to their game. Thats Peaking
well i no that the parent u are referring to does not pet her child like everyone thanks an her son was coming off the floor because he had bumped his knee the wrong way again an she wasnt even in the gym she was in bathroom an getting him a gatorade because so much water makes him sick an the last two games she bought all the boys gatorades an she got reall upset when that parent did hollor at coach about the second string of players she even stated that is what wrong with this team they are a few on the team that needs to realize that a team is all players so u have got it all wrong an yes she did say why u taking out him hes the only one playing but when u hear all that we hear u would say something to an coach nos what she was saying an it wasnt ot him.
It will take all of the eagles to fly! I know we got the talent, I know our coach is in control, gotta find a way to put it all back together again! Ranting on here, I guess just gets it out of your system!! Let the kids decide it on the floor, they will get back on track. They've got to!
Congrats to Valley on the big win. Early in the season, one of the Johnson Central fans compared their team to the Lakers. It sounds like they are playing like the Clippers.
staying optimistic, this could be a plus for central. realizing that you can be beat on any given night allows these kids to face reality. come tourny time theres no re-dos. hopefully jc gets there act together come district play and plays to there capability.
Eagle Eye Wrote:I agree one million percent!! Its time for these kids espicially five of the six seniors(excluding Tanner Bratton because he at least plays hard) to take their diapers off and grow up. I for one as a fan and graduate am embarrassed to even cheer for this team. They will regret the way they act and play on the court when they finally do grow up. This is probably one if not the most talented teams to ever come through this school and they have two weeks to get it together or it will go down as the most embarrassing team to ever play!!!! I am so sick of watching the walking down the court, walking off the court, pouting if something doesn't go your way, throwing your wristbands if your takin out of the game. I agree this reflects on the parents because I know my kids will never act that way!! I bet we have went through numerous cases of tissue!!:baby::Sad04: Show a little heart, a little emotion, have a little pride because right now your the whole region is laughing at you!!! That is exactly why Paintsville played so close even though JC is probably 20 points better. They were diving on the floor, taking charges, going for all the loose balls! The fact is they played with heart, emotion, and pride something this team lacks. You have a small amount of time to decide which way this is going!!! Its up to the players not the coaches and not the parents!!
i don't know who ur watching sir, but not the same team i was. bratton is a tremendous hustler for sure, but there are a couple more kid's that are to! mentioning charges taken, there's only about 2 or 3 that i've seen do it all year, but thats more than 1. the main thing wrong with this team is we expect skaggs and parker to score all the points, we have 6 or 7 that can score, but that's not how it's suppose to be, i guess. some of these kids do have heart and play with heart, please don't compare these to the other's. as far as paintsville and valley are concerned, they have grown imensly through out the season, and are very dangerous when they play anyone. as far as defence, jk, tate, tanner, tj, gallagher, can man up with about anyone they face, they play with heart. if ur embarrsed to cheer for these boys, stay home, hide and listen to the radio. this region is wide open, paintsville, jc, sheldon clark. betsy layne, pikeville, pike central, shelby valley, belfry ALL THESE are legetimate teams, believe it or not, it's not etched in stone for us or anyone else. as far as parents are concerned, wait til ur kid's out there in the position to compete for region title, see what ur thoughts and actions are, and don't never say never about what ur kid will do, it could come back to bite you. THESE KID"S ARE UNDER TRERMENDOUS PRESSURE, they know what the fan's expect, they know with the exception of 1 or 2, if they mess up they're probably coming out, THEY WANT TO WIN. saying all this ,remember they're still kids!!!!
grangercort Wrote:well i no that the parent u are referring to does not pet her child like everyone thanks an her son was coming off the floor because he had bumped his knee the wrong way again an she wasnt even in the gym she was in bathroom an getting him a gatorade because so much water makes him sick an the last two games she bought all the boys gatorades an she got reall upset when that parent did hollor at coach about the second string of players she even stated that is what wrong with this team they are a few on the team that needs to realize that a team is all players so u have got it all wrong an yes she did say why u taking out him hes the only one playing but when u hear all that we hear u would say something to an coach nos what she was saying an it wasnt ot him.

lol..really? This isn't Topix.

Anyway, congrats to Valley. I always enjoy seeing JC struggle, Valley too, but I'm glad that they have earned some of that respect that they lost early in the season back. The 59th District tourny is going to be one **** of a show.
I missed being @ this game. First off I want to say Congrats to Brett Reynolds of Shelby Valley, from the radio it sounded like you had a pretty good night. As far as the Eagles go, I really don't think it's anybodys business if a parent gets their son a gatorade or checks on him to see if he's ok...that's why we are parents. Emotions get flared this time of year from players,fans,coaches and parents...yes everybody even the ones that want to set back and judge another parents doings, if not you wouldn't be on here.
It's time to step up guys, get your heads outta your butts and play some TEAM ball. I am a parent of one of the players and I'll be the first one to say take my kid out if he's playing stupid, it's not going to upset me and it shouldn't bother Mr.McKenzie to do the same to ANY other player on that team if they are playing stupid or just not playing TEAM ball, he has a deep bench that knows the game. ALL of these other schools would absolutely LOVE to see JC fail and it's up to this TEAM to see that they don't. Quit playing with these other teams and get serious....Go Eagles!!!
Pages: 1 2 3