Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County schedule 2011
papagrit Wrote:I don't know about the Colonels being way down....I think that I heard they will have a pretty good running back returning. #35 maybe?....I'm not sure. But I did hear that Whitley would have a pretty good back returning who was not a senior this year. I think that we see you all early in the season this next year where we have had the game as the last one of the season for the past three years that I know of.

Anyhow....about Harlan, good luck to you all this next year. I met several of your boys at the Filthy Animal Lineman Camp at Rockcastle this last year. There certainly are some characters on that team. I particularly thought a lot of a boy they called "Big Mike". Nice kid!! Heck of a hitter!

Yea, Jordan Chute #35 returns. He got a lot of carries this year and picked up some good yards. But hes no Bramlett. We should be okay, i was referring to being down as we will not be where i want us to be.
I've heard that as well. With whitleys district going down to four teams we've been fighting all off season to fill the schedule. I think we will meet half way through the season. we've met the last game of the year for the last three years now.
3wishes Wrote:He was their backup fullback, he is pretty good and played a lot of downs but they lost one of the most dominating FB's I've seen in along time in #45. They lost a lot of their line and the rest of the backfield and I'm pretty sure their JV team was pretty down last season. I only noticed 35 kids dressed out at a few of their games.

It was #34 Bramlett. He still amazes me how he grew into such a great fullback. # 35 is Jordan Chute and he is good but will be keyed on next year unlike this year and we will have to see how he steps up. Bramlett will be missed just as much on defense.

Whitleys offense lost their entire starting backfield, both wide receivers, and 3 offensive lineman. We did have a Senior spliting time at TE, but it was mostly ran by Boston Bryant who was just a sophomore. A lot of these kids played both ways, so out of the 22 starters id say we will have to replace atleast 15.
LC is building a nice program and I for 1 think they will continue to challenge all the best teams in the mtns.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Zaga to really answer you question correctly it should be noted that many of our kids that played varsity were of JV age including Carson Whitehead, Zack Chitwood, Tucker Lewis (missed season with knee injury), Treyvon Long, Aaron Caldwell, & Austin Maggard.

Scott Bailey will provide a good set of hands at wide out & Chorak will give more depth in the backfield. What will be interesting is which linemen will step up. If Ely (6'1 265) will do the off season work he could be one to step up. I also think they have to find a way to get Anthony Jenkins on the field.

bear paw i didnt want to say any names if you know what i mean.but you are right about ely he could be a beast!!!:Thumbs::Thumbs:i can,t wait i am ready now!!are you going to the border bowl?
I feel like the Black Bears are fortunate to have the potential they have at lineman, but it's like you said someone has to step up. They lose Haywood, Hensley, Fields, and Jordan Calton played all over with some time blocking so there are positions there for the taking. Dempsey possibly can step in at center. And Cooper has a spot.....
The bodies are there, they just need to hit the weights and focus on what the Coaches teach them.
Patriot Wrote:I feel like the Black Bears are fortunate to have the potential they have at lineman, but it's like you said someone has to step up. They lose Haywood, Hensley, Fields, and Jordan Calton played all over with some time blocking so there are positions there for the taking. Dempsey possibly can step in at center. And Cooper has a spot.....

yeah but if they don,t hit the weight they wont be ready..
Boo Boo bear Wrote:Quite a few zaga.our frosh group is loaded.next years soph how about pcc?

PCC pretty much doesn't have a JV team.
The team was loaded with sophomores and juniors.
They cancelled almost all of their JV games because they usually couldn't field a team.

but this one's bout Harlan County Wink
let's keep PCC out of this
you guys surely wouldn't get a thread closed in the offseason would you?

bttt

thanks for the bit about the frosh group
Bear_Paw Wrote:Zaga to really answer you question correctly it should be noted that many of our kids that played varsity were of JV age including Carson Whitehead, Zack Chitwood, Tucker Lewis (missed season with knee injury), Treyvon Long, Aaron Caldwell, & Austin Maggard.

Scott Bailey will provide a good set of hands at wide out & Chorak will give more depth in the backfield. What will be interesting is which linemen will step up. If Ely (6'1 265) will do the off season work he could be one to step up. I also think they have to find a way to get Anthony Jenkins on the field.

Line play is essential...
I've seen all to many teams play well but they lose the battle upfront and lose the game.
Line play falls on the coaching staff IMO
Has harlan county filled any of the open dates yet? if so who is it?
Anxious to see the schedule fill up and anxious to see if any of those games will be played at the new field. Best I remember the field wouldn't be ready by the opening of the season but there's a chance we could play toward the end of the year (maybe a couple of playoff games). Plus we will have an open date since we are playing week 0.
I hear from a reliable source that Saylor has talked to Boyle about a home and home series. That will be exciting!
Mr Saylor does not make the schedule. Coach Larkey does. Boyle is not in the picture right now. Knox however is.
[quote=Yogibear]Mr Saylor does not make the schedule. Coach Larkey does. Boyle is not in the picture right now. Knox however is.[/QUOT

Heard tonight that knox was a done deal for next year.
Boo Boo bear Wrote:[quote=Yogibear]Mr Saylor does not make the schedule. Coach Larkey does. Boyle is not in the picture right now. Knox however is.[/QUOT

Heard tonight that knox was a done deal for next year.

AWESOME!...Bring 'em on!....GRRR!...GRRRR!
Lee Va. and Gate City are very weak opponents. Strength of schedule is not good
redstorm Wrote:Lee Va. and Gate City are very weak opponents. Strength of schedule is not good

Lee is not great, but they are about 30 minutes away. Gate City just won a state title in Va. (Basically class 2A.)
Plus Bell, Knox, Morristown East. That is not a bad schedule. You can't play Bell every week.
redstorm Wrote:Lee Va. and Gate City are very weak opponents. Strength of schedule is not good

Dunbar, Morristown East, Lee Va, Knox, Bell, Whitley, Letcher, Perry Central, Gate City Va and Gatlinburg Pittman.

Pretty tough schedule for these Bears IMHO. We lost some pretty good brutes on the line and ive heard there wasnt a school within 200 miles that we didnt try to play but distance and travel issues kept most teams away. We are fortunate to own a very secluded part of Kentucky that most people dont want to travel, so it is peaceful here.Confusedhh:

Unless you are nearby to HC dont treat our schedule with disrespect it is very hard to get people to come here to play becuase of distance and on the same note we fine people are tired of traveling those same distances because the past three years we have been road warriors so we are very sorry for trying to find some Va schoosl nearby and Lee High has been on the schedule each year, kinda like a rival school by now. 2 tough TN schools and 1 really good Va school and the biggest school in Lexington and Bell and Knox. That is a really tough schedule.
Gatlinburg school is not set in stone, neither is Dunbar. Could be another Lexington school. It is not official yet.

Maybe if schools like Corbin would play us, then our "strength of schedule" would better suit you. :biggrin:
The only Harlan School a Corbin team will play is the Green Harlan. Corbin has turned into a joke with the schedule they play these days!

Sure would have been nice if Corbin would have played.
HAT51 Wrote:Sure would have been nice if Corbin would have played.

Their scaaaaaarddddd!!!! from what i understand larkey had to beg and plead to get some of these games..:Hammer3:
So if Gatlinburg-Pittman and Knox are finalized that completes the schedule. The only thing up in the air will be the open date.
I like the schedule. Tough but all winnable.
UncleRico Wrote:So if Gatlinburg-Pittman and Knox are finalized that completes the schedule. The only thing up in the air will be the open date.

Pittman is not finalized. The other game will be against George Rogers Clark.
Yogibear Wrote:Pittman is not finalized. The other game will be against George Rogers Clark.

If anyone can help push this game through I would be SOOOO happy!...a game at Gatlinburg would be Awesome!....I'd definately book a room!...Football game on Friday....Candy apples and Ripley's Aquarium followed by the Bass Pro Shop on Saturday!....Please! oh Please!

Go HC Black Bears!!!!!!!!
It is not going to happen. Non district will be: Morristown East, Lex School in a bowl, Gate City, Lee High, Knox, GRC, Bell---- Would have been a nice trip though.
Yogibear Wrote:It is not going to happen. Non district will be: Morristown East, Lex School in a bowl, Gate City, Lee High, Knox, GRC, Bell---- Would have been a nice trip though.

Ah poo!...Way to steal my picnic bascket Yogi!...and I was all ready to eat too!....Sad...lol!
Yogibear Wrote:Mr Saylor does not make the schedule. Coach Larkey does. Boyle is not in the picture right now. Knox however is.

Bout time Knox Central agrees to play the Bears!!!