Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County schedule 2011
does anyone know if there schedule will be different or will they play the same teams as last year?
Way different.
do u kno any of the new teams that they will play this upcoming season?
Morristown East in TN. Gate City from Va (state champs). Bell. District. Someone from Lexington. Still two open dates.
One Morristown team, East or West. We play one this year and the other in 2012. We will also open the season in Lexington playing a Lexington team in an iHigh.com bowl game. The only others I know about are Bell, Lee VA, and 3 district games. All of this is just what I've heard out of different folks.
Why does HC and Knox not play?????
I have no idea, I think they both still have open dates. I've also heard rumors of Belfry and LCA.
Patriot Wrote:One Morristown team, East or West. We play one this year and the other in 2012. We will also open the season in Lexington playing a Lexington team in an iHigh.com bowl game. The only others I know about are Bell, Lee VA, and 3 district games. All of this is just what I've heard out of different folks.

Lee VA is diffrent from Gate City, they usally have a good team.., would love for Belfry to be on there, would give them even better schudule, having Henry Clay on there as well..
Gate City and Lee are on there. Plus Mo Town East this year, West next. A team from Lex plus what was mentioned earlier.
Which of those games are home and which are away ?
Will you guys be playing in the bowl game in Somerset next year?
HC will not be in the ray correll bowl this year.
HC runs the table in 2011?
Perry central -letcher and lee high are home games.the rest away and we still have 2 open dates..
^
atleast you get two district games at home and the only away game is to a Whitley team that is going to be WAY down next year.
The Black Bears will roll into the postseason
It's too early to be predicting outcomes for next years team. And who knows what will happen within the district???? Except every team will make the playoffs.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
atleast you get two district games at home and the only away game is to a Whitley team that is going to be WAY down next year.

I don't know about the Colonels being way down....I think that I heard they will have a pretty good running back returning. #35 maybe?....I'm not sure. But I did hear that Whitley would have a pretty good back returning who was not a senior this year. I think that we see you all early in the season this next year where we have had the game as the last one of the season for the past three years that I know of.

Anyhow....about Harlan, good luck to you all this next year. I met several of your boys at the Filthy Animal Lineman Camp at Rockcastle this last year. There certainly are some characters on that team. I particularly thought a lot of a boy they called "Big Mike". Nice kid!! Heck of a hitter!
papagrit Wrote:I don't know about the Colonels being way down....I think that I heard they will have a pretty good running back returning. #35 maybe?....I'm not sure. But I did hear that Whitley would have a pretty good back returning who was not a senior this year. I think that we see you all early in the season this next year where we have had the game as the last one of the season for the past three years that I know of.

Anyhow....about Harlan, good luck to you all this next year. I met several of your boys at the Filthy Animal Lineman Camp at Rockcastle this last year. There certainly are some characters on that team. I particularly thought a lot of a boy they called "Big Mike". Nice kid!! Heck of a hitter!

I'm glad to have Micheal Smith back.Mark it down he will be one of the best lineman in mountains.
What a schedule so far!

Only 3 home games?

I'll be at everyone! lol And try to go to most of the away games too!

Work gets in the way of Football season sometimes!
papagrit Wrote:I don't know about the Colonels being way down....I think that I heard they will have a pretty good running back returning. #35 maybe?....I'm not sure. But I did hear that Whitley would have a pretty good back returning who was not a senior this year. !

He was their backup fullback, he is pretty good and played a lot of downs but they lost one of the most dominating FB's I've seen in along time in #45. They lost a lot of their line and the rest of the backfield and I'm pretty sure their JV team was pretty down last season. I only noticed 35 kids dressed out at a few of their games.
There'll be at least 4 home games. 35 from Whitley is pretty darned good.
The 8 home games spoiled us that's for sure! So maybe we will end up with a few more then 3 in 2011. 3 or 4 regular season and possibly 2 in the playoffs.
Michael Smith was a beast on the o line and played some D line I figure he will step in for Owens or Eldridge.
Is Gate City Class A in Va.?
Mountain Wrote:Is Gate City Class A in Va.?

Va classes are not solely based on numbers. They are A (Division 2.) Basically like AA in KY since Va crowns six state title winners. They have 500 plus students.
I'm waiting for the Gatlinburg-Pittman Highschool game to show up on the schedule! That way we can make a little vacation out of it and stay the weekend. Who's a man gotta talk to for that to happen???
I think Tom Larkey from Harlan County did an outstanding job at Harlan County High School, as well. Lost his QB, FB, G, T, and TE on offense before the season started. Before the opening game lost his leading rusher and FB due to knee injuries. He was without his stud TB in many critical games down the stretch due to injuries. He led the Black Bears to a district title in which he beat every team in the district by double digits. The Black Bears went on to win the region by blowing out a one-loss Pulaski County team 35-14, and trailed eventual state-champ Highlands 14-6 at the half before falling to the Bluebirds. What Coach Larkey has done with this football program in 3 years is phenomenal, and it doesn't go unnoticed by us here in Harlan County. By the way, Ovie Canady, deserves alot of credit as well. He is the DC at HC and has turned defense into a passion for his players. They play hard and "filthy", and are as prepared as anybody coming into a game.
Any good JV players coming up next year?
Quite a few zaga.our frosh group is loaded.next years soph how about pcc?
zaga_fan Wrote:Any good JV players coming up next year?

Zaga to really answer you question correctly it should be noted that many of our kids that played varsity were of JV age including Carson Whitehead, Zack Chitwood, Tucker Lewis (missed season with knee injury), Treyvon Long, Aaron Caldwell, & Austin Maggard.

Scott Bailey will provide a good set of hands at wide out & Chorak will give more depth in the backfield. What will be interesting is which linemen will step up. If Ely (6'1 265) will do the off season work he could be one to step up. I also think they have to find a way to get Anthony Jenkins on the field.