Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 47 Scott 13
Thats a lot of penalties. Tough to watch for the fans.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bob. I think the people of Johnson Central are great people. I thought Johnson was the toughest team Highlands played all of last season. However, this years Johnson team has inflated stats against real real bad teams. I just don't think you have enough speed to contend with Highlands more diversified offense this year. I also don't think you'll get that chance. Covcath will spread your team out and beat you.
I guess time will tell. You never know until they line'em up and play the game.
Congrats to the Eagles and JJ Jude on yet another amazing performance!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
JJ is a BEAST! I would like to know what he averages (yrd wise) after initial contact. He is one of the best that I have seen at this. Def. a Mr. Football candidate next season! CONGRATS Eagles! I'll be there watching you next week also. Keep that train rollin! Tough night for Davis though. He just needs to forget all about this one and start prepping for next week. So just pick yourself up and dust yourself off, because we all know what you can do son!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Congrats JC!
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bob. I think the people of Johnson Central are great people. I thought Johnson was the toughest team Highlands played all of last season. However, this years Johnson team has inflated stats against real real bad teams. I just don't think you have enough speed to contend with Highlands more diversified offense this year. I also don't think you'll get that chance. Covcath will spread your team out and beat you.
You have no idea what you are talking about. According to Massey, JC's schedule is ranked 24th in the state. JC's stats are no more inflated than any other good team's are. If you compare JC's stats against Bell, Boyle, and Knox, I think that you will find that they compare pretty well with the other quality opponents of those teams. JC gave up 41 points last year to Scott and 32 points to CovCath. The Golden Eagles have also scored 100 points against the Colonels in their last two meetings.

I am beginning to wonder if some NKY fans will ever learn. If you go back and review the comments following last year's JC-Scott and JC-CovCath games, you will see what I mean. JC did come out flat last night and the penalties stopped them from really developing any rhythm with their offense until the 4th quarter but Scott did not shut down JC's offense. Jude had over 100 yards in the first quarter alone.

You are right about one thing. The statement made by the JC broadcast crew about the Scott defense being the toughest they had seen this season was ridiculous. I think that they would probably like to take those words back. Jude had over 100 yards rushing in the first quarter alone. Scott did do a good job of containing Jude in the 2nd quarter and the refs contained him through most of the 3rd, but when the flags stopped falling in the 4th, Scott again had no answer for him. Tanner Bratton also had the most rushing yardage he has had in any game this season.

JC will be prepared for CovCath, just as they were the past two seasons and if the Golden Eagles make it past next week's game, Highlands will have its hands full with JC again.
JCHS05 Wrote:To tell you how many penalties were called.

JCHS- !4 for 139 yards

Scott- 11 for 108 yards

And those were just the ones that got accepted more were declined.
75 of JC's yards and I believe 50 of Scott's penalty yards came in the 3rd quarter. That was a tough quarter to watch.
Bob Seger Wrote:I dont think they found it tough at all. Racked up almost 600 yards on the ground with 180 yards of rushing called back on just two plays to go on top of that. 800 yards on the ground wouldn't be considered as tough defense, I dont think, is it? Matter of fact, I believe that would have set another state rushing record as a team tonight is that hadn't have been the case?

Seriously, flag after flag after flag after flag, to go along with a very apathetic first 3 quarters was the case.

Anyways, they will certainly have to come out to play much better prepared to play than they did tonight to win next week. That I will concede.

What was up with the penalties? In a home game to boot. I read in this a.m.'s paper that Covington Holmes had something like 16 penalties last night.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:JC will be prepared for CovCath, just as they were the past two seasons and if the Golden Eagles make it past next week's game, Highlands will have its hands full with JC again.

I am still at a loss to figure out how Woodford County scored 35 points against JC and it wasn't a running clock in their game vs. JC. The only touchdown scored by the Jackets vs. Highlands was a kickoff return. During the last series the starting freshman offense took the ball down the field and scored.

If JC is able to get by the CC/Ashland winner and Highlands can get by Dixie, then we'll find out on the 19th. Based on my observations of common opponents, if Woodford was able to score 35 vs. JC, Highlands could legitimately score 70.
horst muhlmann Wrote:I am still at a loss to figure out how Woodford County scored 35 points against JC and it wasn't a running clock in their game vs. JC. The only touchdown scored by the Jackets vs. Highlands was a kickoff return. During the last series the starting freshman offense took the ball down the field and scored.

If JC is able to get by the CC/Ashland winner and Highlands can get by Dixie, then we'll find out on the 19th. Based on my observations of common opponents, if Woodford was able to score 35 vs. JC, Highlands could legitimately score 70.

If you go back and read those the thread from about 4 weeks ago you would see that all points were scored against their freshman/jayvee teams.
horst muhlmann Wrote:I am still at a loss to figure out how Woodford County scored 35 points against JC and it wasn't a running clock in their game vs. JC. The only touchdown scored by the Jackets vs. Highlands was a kickoff return. During the last series the starting freshman offense took the ball down the field and scored.

Watch the JC-WC game on iHigh and you will see how WC scored 35. The truth is, the game could have ended much earlier with a running clock and with WC scoring far fewer points and/or JC scoring far more points. JC subbed early and often on defense. Beyond that, you just need to watch the game if you think WC shredded JC's defense.
if we dont sub players then we are terrible for running score up if we sub people then people can't believe this or that team scored that much just all you non believers get us on your schedule
Congrats Eagles....Another killer performance from Jude...
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Watch the JC-WC game on iHigh and you will see how WC scored 35. The truth is, the game could have ended much earlier with a running clock and with WC scoring far fewer points and/or JC scoring far more points. JC subbed early and often on defense. Beyond that, you just need to watch the game if you think WC shredded JC's defense.

Just another ignorant post by our friends up north...and by ignorant, I mean doesn't know any better because they didn't watch any of the game before posting.
Congrats to JC as they advance to round 2.
I hope Ashland beats COVCATH today. Central was not firing on all cylinders in the first half last night but they did come out ready in the second half. Who cares how many points Scott had, all that matters is the ending score.Good luck next week.
The poor officating kept JC from putting this game away early, but as bad as it was, it was bad both ways. JC did not show up to play until mid third quarter, and we can not do this from this point on.

Having said all this, the information we are getting from up north is Scott's run defense is better than Cov Cath. We have always heard on how much more talent is in NKY and how much faster they are. We repect the the teams up north, but we are not impressed or intimidated.

I will say one thing, if Cov Cath wins today they willl face the best back they have seen all year, the best rushing team with mutliple weapons and a JC team that can throw the ball. Which ever team wins the Cov Cath/ Ashland game today will have a tough game at the Nest nest Friday Night.
I sure hope the northern part of the state don't think everybody from the eastern part are stupid!! Because some of the fans from the north are as ignorant as they come.Well myself I would rather be stupid sometimes as ignorant all the time! I guess that's why they charter so many buses they can't find their way east. So go ahead and tell us who will win next years games.
The best back Cov Cath has seen all year plays at Ryle. 220 pounds of speed and power. Travis Elliot.
IRISH4 Wrote:Just another ignorant post by our friends up north...and by ignorant, I mean doesn't know any better because they didn't watch any of the game before posting.

I do not think it was an ignorant question. I felt like he was asking for an honest answer. Let me try. WC was an absolutely awful team. It is hard to compare teams with common opponets, but I think that is what some are trying to do. I think they would like to know how long starters were in the game, who did WC score on, ect. In our game, the starters were out in the 2nd quarter, Second team O scored twice in 1st half, entire freshmen lineup scored in the second half and entire freshmen D held them scoreless. Their 8 pts came on kick off return on the 2 or 3 string kick off team. All this could mean is our 2nd and 3rd string is better. Come game time (if a JC/HHS game happens) it is what the starters do. I will say (and I know this makes the JC fans mad) that the teams in your area have had terrible passing games. WC was awful and when the could not run the ball agianst the HHS D, they were dead in the water. I know JC will run the ball better than JC, but if the need comes to have to throw the ball in the game (that is the way to beat HHS, is with a running game and a passing game) I do not think JC will be prepared for it. It is going to be interesting to see what Cov Cath and Ashland do today and your game with the winner next week.
MonsterMan Wrote:The poor officating kept JC from putting this game away early, but as bad as it was, it was bad both ways. JC did not show up to play until mid third quarter, and we can not do this from this point on.

Having said all this, the information we are getting from up north is Scott's run defense is better than Cov Cath. We have always heard on how much more talent is in NKY and how much faster they are. We repect the the teams up north, but we are not impressed or intimidated.

I will say one thing, if Cov Cath wins today they willl face the best back they have seen all year, the best rushing team with mutliple weapons and a JC team that can throw the ball. Which ever team wins the Cov Cath/ Ashland game today will have a tough game at the Nest nest Friday Night.

Not trying to put the team down, but every year we hear how they can throw the ball this year. Let's be straight, the past 2 years JC has not had anything to resemble a passing attack. This year I did not follow every game, but the ones I did they averaged 2-3 passes. How can you say they can pass? What is the average number of attempts and completions this year? It is hard to first try passing in the 3rd round of playoffs. Yes, you have a great running game, but so does Ryle. Ask Ryle if they think they could have beat HHS without throwing the ball.
sstack Wrote:I do not think it was an ignorant question. I felt like he was asking for an honest answer. Let me try. WC was an absolutely awful team. It is hard to compare teams with common opponets, but I think that is what some are trying to do. I think they would like to know how long starters were in the game, who did WC score on, ect. In our game, the starters were out in the 2nd quarter, Second team O scored twice in 1st half, entire freshmen lineup scored in the second half and entire freshmen D held them scoreless. Their 8 pts came on kick off return on the 2 or 3 string kick off team. All this could mean is our 2nd and 3rd string is better. Come game time (if a JC/HHS game happens) it is what the starters do. I will say (and I know this makes the JC fans mad) that the teams in your area have had terrible passing games. WC was awful and when the could not run the ball agianst the HHS D, they were dead in the water. I know JC will run the ball better than JC, but if the need comes to have to throw the ball in the game (that is the way to beat HHS, is with a running game and a passing game) I do not think JC will be prepared for it. It is going to be interesting to see what Cov Cath and Ashland do today and your game with the winner next week.
Depth has been the biggest factor that has kept JC from winning its first regional title. In every case, JC's opponent has known that the Golden Eagles are going to run, run, and then run some more. In every case, JC has been very successful running the ball until fatigue set in during the third quarter. If JC needs a better passing game to win, then why have Highlands and CovCath been unable to stop JC's running attack from the opening kick-off? The answer is that it has not been halftime adjustments that turned the momentum in JC's three regional championship game losses against them, nor has it been the lack of a passing attack - it has been the superior depth of its opponents. A tired team passing the ball would still have been a tired team.
sstack Wrote:I do not think it was an ignorant question. I felt like he was asking for an honest answer. Let me try. WC was an absolutely awful team. It is hard to compare teams with common opponets, but I think that is what some are trying to do. I think they would like to know how long starters were in the game, who did WC score on, ect. In our game, the starters were out in the 2nd quarter, Second team O scored twice in 1st half, entire freshmen lineup scored in the second half and entire freshmen D held them scoreless. Their 8 pts came on kick off return on the 2 or 3 string kick off team. All this could mean is our 2nd and 3rd string is better. Come game time (if a JC/HHS game happens) it is what the starters do. I will say (and I know this makes the JC fans mad) that the teams in your area have had terrible passing games. WC was awful and when the could not run the ball agianst the HHS D, they were dead in the water. I know JC will run the ball better than JC, but if the need comes to have to throw the ball in the game (that is the way to beat HHS, is with a running game and a passing game) I do not think JC will be prepared for it. It is going to be interesting to see what Cov Cath and Ashland do today and your game with the winner next week.

Are you saying that all the teams in Eky have horrible passing games?
I have went back and reviewed Highland, CC and JC schedule to see if JC's stats have been padded as reported in early post. I took their schedule and done the win /loss of all teams and the win /loss of teams each had beaten. Highland total win / loss for all teams was 58-50 and against teams they beat the win / loss was 48-49. CC total win / loss for all teams was 63-33 and against teams they beat the win / loss was 28-27. For JC total win / loss for all teams was 70-49 and against teams they beat the win / loss was 48-49. No sure how someone can make the remarks of padding stats when JC was playing teams as good or better then Highland or CC.
Your drunk if you think that JC has played teams as good as the teams that is on CCh or Highlands schedule.

Mr. M are you seriously suggesting that the" Birds" can,should or would score 70 pts. against the " Eagle"D? Before you answer please consider the Eagles as an admitted acomplished running team, clock and potential 3rd round 5A playoff game. If you are serious would you kindly research the probability of that score in lieu of past play off games. If you are joking please throw this post out of bounds or give it to the Eagles on the 50.
IMO, Johnson Central played 1 good team.
Wideleft01 Wrote:IMO, Johnson Central played 1 good team.
IMO, Johnson Central played two excellent teams (Bell and Boyle) and one very good team (Knox Central). Those teams are ranked #2, #4, and #35 in all classes by Massey. (Massey ranks Highlands #3, CovCath #15 and Johnson Central #16.)

There were also enough "good" teams on Johnson Central's schedule for it to rank a very respectable 24th in all classes.
somebody has to ask , so wideleft who was it
Bell County