Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 47 Scott 13
Final

Eagles started out slow, but turned it on late... Jude with another huge game.
Johnson Central taking care of business approach in the opening round of playoffs
This game was actually pretty close early on. Scott seemed to penetrate the running lanes quickly and kept it close until the 2nd half. Jude just exploded for another monster game. I think the radio said he finished with 393 yards. Bratton and Ousley were stout on defense. I see special teams possibly being a focus point for opposing teams when playing Johnson Central. IMO they have to get better in the special teams department if they are going to win a state championship. Congrats JC on the big first round win.
Pupaw Wrote:This game was actually pretty close early on. Scott seemed to penetrate the running lanes quickly and kept it close until the 2nd half. Jude just exploded for another monster game. I think the radio said he finished with 393 yards. Bratton and Ousley were stout on defense. I see special teams possibly being a focus point for opposing teams when playing Johnson Central. IMO they have to get better in the special teams department if they are going to win a state championship. Congrats JC on the big first round win.

With 5 TD's and one 87 yard TD run called back.
Johnson Central's season ends next week. Calling it now.
NPTB17 You couldnt call 911!!!!!!!!!:devilflam

Way to go EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be careful... the refs may throw a flag on us.
nptb17 Wrote:Johnson Central's season ends next week. Calling it now.

You basing that on comparative scores from this season?

Highlands 33
Scott 7

CovCath 40
Scott 7
Congrats Johnson Central!
Bob Seger Wrote:With 5 TD's and one 87 yard TD run called back.

Actually there was an 87 yarder (Jude) and a 90 yarder (Hall) called back on consecutive plays.
Bob Seger Wrote:You basing that on comparative scores from this season?

Highlands 33
Scott 7

CovCath 40
Scott 7

How long did the JC starters go in tonight's game?:yawn: If JC found the Scott defense tough, it will be interesting to see what they think of CovCath.
nptb17 Wrote:Johnson Central's season ends next week. Calling it now.

WOW!!! We have Jimmy the Greek on here.
Congrats to the Eagles, and Jude
Can you dig it? Wrote:How long did the JC starters go in tonight's game?:yawn: If JC found the Scott defense tough, it will be interesting to see what they think of CovCath.

JC announcers said it was one of the toughest D's they have seen this year. :lmao:
Can you dig it? Wrote:How long did the JC starters go in tonight's game?:yawn: If JC found the Scott defense tough, it will be interesting to see what they think of CovCath.
I dont think they found it tough at all. Racked up almost 600 yards on the ground with 180 yards of rushing called back on just two plays to go on top of that. 800 yards on the ground wouldn't be considered as tough defense, I dont think, is it? Matter of fact, I believe that would have set another state rushing record as a team tonight is that hadn't have been the case?

Seriously, flag after flag after flag after flag, to go along with a very apathetic first 3 quarters was the case.

Anyways, they will certainly have to come out to play much better prepared to play than they did tonight to win next week. That I will concede.
Bob Seger Wrote:You basing that on comparative scores from this season?

Highlands 33
Scott 7

CovCath 40
Scott 7

Scott didn't get a first down against Dixie until the second quarter and by that time it was already 35 to 0. It was 42 to 6 when I left with 6 mins left in the second quarter.

Thats the last I'll post about it on this thread for as I shouldn't have got off topic of the game that took place tonight.
sstack Wrote:JC announcers said it was one of the toughest D's they have seen this year. :lmao:

Certainly not seeing where anyone can come up with that, when you put up almost 800 yards (again, minus two plays) of rushing against the opponent, and are penalized a country mile to go on top of all that.
nptb17 Wrote:Scott didn't get a first down against Dixie until the second quarter and by that time it was already 35 to 0. It was 42 to 6 when I left with 6 mins left in the second quarter.

Thats the last I'll post about it on this thread for as I shouldn't have got off topic of the game that took place tonight.

Post away, I was just wondering what your magic formula was for your determination. Heck, you may be right. They will certainly have to be better prepared next week. No denying that at all.
Bob Seger Wrote:I dont think they found it tough at all. Racked up almost 600 yards on the ground with 180 yards of rushing called back on just two plays to go on top of that. 800 yards on the ground wouldn't be considered as tough defense, I dont think, is it? Matter of fact, I believe that would have set another state rushing record as a team tonight is that hadn't have been the case?

Seriously, flag after flag after flag after flag, to go along with a very apathetic first 3 quarters was the case.

Anyways, they will certainly have to come out to play much better prepared to play than they did tonight to win next week. That I will concede.

I did hear that the officiating was terrible both ways tonight. The playoffs deserve quality refs!
Bob Seger Wrote:Certainly not seeing where anyone can come up with that, when you put up almost 800 yards (again, minus two plays) of rushing against the opponent, and are penalized a country mile to go on top of all that.

It was said near the end of the first half when the score was still close.
My gosh. You don't have a good team when you're up 12-7 on Scott at the half! I don't care how many penalties you have. Even if its 1st down and 25 you should be gashing Scott for 17-18 yards a play all night. Johnson goes down next week. At least it will save the Highlands fans some gas money and allow another week of merchandise sales at a home game.
Bob Seger Wrote:I dont think they found it tough at all. Racked up almost 600 yards on the ground with 180 yards of rushing called back on just two plays to go on top of that. 800 yards on the ground wouldn't be considered as tough defense, I dont think, is it? Matter of fact, I believe that would have set another state rushing record as a team tonight is that hadn't have been the case?

What were all the personal fouls?
sstack Wrote:I did hear that the officiating was terrible both ways tonight. The playoffs deserve quality refs!
I dont know how many yards each team was penalized or how many total was called , but I think I can remember about 6 straight flags being thrown at one point. It was ridiculous.
sstack Wrote:What were all the personal fouls?

Who knows. They evidently saw way more than you can see from the stands.
Wideleft01 Wrote:My gosh. You don't have a good team when you're up 12-7 on Scott at the half! I don't care how many penalties you have. Even if its 1st down and 25 you should be gashing Scott for 17-18 yards a play all night. Johnson goes down next week. At least it will save the Highlands fans some gas money and allow another week of merchandise sales at a home game.

Yeah, you're probably right, terrible teams commonly rack up 800 yards on the ground.:blabbermo

:eyeroll:
I know I am.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I know I am.

Yeah, you prove that time and time again on here.:biggrin:

NOT!!!
sstack Wrote:It was said near the end of the first half when the score was still close.

Heck it was in the first half that the 2 long runs were called back. Who knows, why they thought that. I personally never saw it. What I did see was a total team effort in unpreparedness to play. You cant make excuses for them tonight, and you cant pin it all on the officiating either. IMO, they played absolutely horrible, yet still put up astonishing stats.
Bob. I think the people of Johnson Central are great people. I thought Johnson was the toughest team Highlands played all of last season. However, this years Johnson team has inflated stats against real real bad teams. I just don't think you have enough speed to contend with Highlands more diversified offense this year. I also don't think you'll get that chance. Covcath will spread your team out and beat you.
To tell you how many penalties were called.

JCHS- !4 for 139 yards

Scott- 11 for 108 yards

And those were just the ones that got accepted more were declined.