•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article in ANE confirms KHSAA Pike Central Investigation
The Iceboxx Wrote:The facebook information was in the ANE today, on the front page. Confusedhh:

You have no arguement, Pike Central would be smart to not play Boggs this friday.

The facebook comments was in the page, but it never gave out what was said in them.
phs1986 Wrote:Oh really??? I can actually show you proof that he worked at a strip mine about 2 months ago... you see, my husband worked with him! I have a photo of them along with 5 other men in front of a piece of equipment

Call Northpoint Academy, and see if he works there. I'll call your strip mines if you'd like.
Pick on Pike Central all you want, but this kind of stuff is going on everywhere in Eastern Kentucky. People move and switch schools every day.
HawksRule Wrote:Call Northpoint Academy, and see if he works there. I'll call your strip mines if you'd like.

Call em! LOL.... I never said he didn't work in Pike Co. NOW..... Personally, I could care less where he works but I can tell you that YES, he did work at a strip mine in WV (a Massey Energy company to be exact) with my husband. As a matter of fact, "Coach Smith" got called (by my husband and several others) on the comment he made towards a Belfry player while down on the field with an injury (He kept yelling "Stay down")....during the game between PC and Belfry..... Ask him who was standing about 5 feet from him and called him on it.... I'm SURE he will know! LOLOL

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Call em! LOL.... I never said he didn't work in Pike Co. NOW..... Personally, I could care less where he works but I can tell you that YES, he did work at a strip mine in WV (a Massey Energy company to be exact) with my husband. As a matter of fact, "Coach Smith" got called (by my husband and several others) on the comment he made towards a Belfry player while down on the field with an injury (He kept yelling "Stay down")....during the game between PC and Belfry..... Ask him who was standing about 5 feet from him and called him on it.... I'm SURE he will know! LOLOL

Okay, I don't want to argue with a admin you could kick me off if you wanted.:igiveup:
HawksRule Wrote:Okay, I don't want to argue with a admin you could kick me off if you wanted.:igiveup:

Wouldn't do that to ya unless you did something to warrant it... :Thumbs: So far so good in here.... We (admins/mods) are keeping an eye on this thread though..... Although there is documented proof of an investigation and it's no longer a rumor, there are still rule's that go along with being a member of this site and we are and will keep an eye in here to ensure they are followed!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I think it is ironic that you have Pikeville fans and Belfry fans being critical of Pike Central over recruiting allegations. If you go in the parking lot of Belfry High school, there are more West Virginia tags then in the parking lot of WVU football stadium on gameday. For over twenty years they have kids that live in West Virginia and play for Belfry. They can say whatever they want to justify this but it isn't nothing but plain ole HYPOCRISY. As far as Pikeville, they have had the same thing with kids from West Virginia and all over Pike County. When Pikeville won their state titles in the late eighties/early nineties, they had kids from more states then the University of Kentucky had on their team. So if you live in a glass house, dont be throwing any stones and believe me these two schools have lived in glass house for years.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I think it is ironic that you have Pikeville fans and Belfry fans being critical of Pike Central over recruiting allegations. If you go in the parking lot of Belfry High school, there are more West Virginia tags then in the parking lot of WVU football stadium on gameday. For over twenty years they have kids that live in West Virginia and play for Belfry. They can say whatever they want to justify this but it isn't nothing but plain ole HYPOCRISY. As far as Pikeville, they have had the same thing with kids from West Virginia and all over Pike County. When Pikeville won their state titles in the late eighties/early nineties, they had kids from more states then the University of Kentucky had on their team. So if you live in a glass house, dont be throwing any stones and believe me these two schools have lived in glass house for years.

:Clap::lmao::Thumbs:
Maybe some of the other schools do recruit but sounds like they are a little smarter at it. Kids coming all the way from Breathitt and Perry County they are bound to get caught. If you want to go somewhere and get elgible then actually move there. If this does come down on PC who is the principal there because i'd say he will be help responsible.
Quarterback7 Wrote:Maybe some of the other schools do recruit but sounds like they are a little smarter at it. Kids coming all the way from Breathitt and Perry County they are bound to get caught. If you want to go somewhere and get elgible then actually move there. If this does come down on PC who is the principal there because i'd say he will be help responsible.

Is it smarts or is it political clout and money that help the have's instead of the have-nots. Pike County kids switch schools during their career(especially in basketball) more then most people change their underwear.
Sad to hear after such a good season there having! Hopefully nothing will come of the investigation!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
wooderson Wrote:Uh....No! Granted he possesses a wealth of knowledge but his previous actions while HC at Pikeville would not allow me to ever recommend him for a head coaching position I was affiliated with. If you are needing to know the specifics about his stint at Pikeville, PM a Pikeville supporter and Im sure they can give you more information than I can.

I know nothing abt any shenanigans at Pikeville. But people have been talking all year about how Paintsville messed up big time hiring Kinner over him. If this comes out to be true and he is at fault then I wonder what people will say about our admins?
Said it from day one...
Wow, just wow!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
This is going to get ugly... quick.

Let's make sure we keep the discussion about the following article and not other schools and their players.
So what are you saying? Channing drives through Paintsville, back through Inez, crosses into Kermit and takes four lane through WV all the way back to Pike Central? Is that why I pass him every morning?
From the paper:

"Last week, before the Hawks played Prestonsburg, the KHSAA ruled Hawk quarterback Alan Boggs and linebacker Cory Shouse ineligible in a letter sent to the high school on Thursday."

"According to court documents, Pike Circuit Judge Steve Combs issued an injunction just hours before kickoff on Friday, which allowed Boggs and Shouse to play."

"The email stated Boggs lives at Hazel Green, more than 70 miles from the school. The complaint stated that Boggs' parents rented a trailer during the initial investigation from the KHSAA when Boggs first transferred from Perry Central."

"Also included were affidavits filed in Floyd County, stating that Pike Central football coach John Chapman picked up Boggs at the Park and Ride located at the Lee City exit off the Mountain Parkway. A total of 12 affidavits were filed, dating from August 23rd through September 22nd."..."Each person filing an affidavit swore the witnessed Allan Boggs picked up by Chapman at the parking lot and driven towards Pike County."

What the injunction said:

"By reason of the aforesaid illegal, oppressive, wanton and unreasonable action of (KHSAA) Cory Shouse, a minor and Alan Boggs, a minor, have suffered and will continue to suffer immediate and irreparable harm," the lawsuit said.

"According to the court records, Combs issued a restraining order against the KHSAA at 3:24 p.m. Friday."

Excerpts are from the Wednesday, November 3, 2010 edition of the Appalachian News-Express.

I really don't know what to think about this. I hate seeing this kind of stuff happen to kids in their Senior season of football. It seems to me like this is probably true, it definitely sounds like it could be true, but it also sounds like a small group of people are out to get the two kids and the Central football program by waiting until the last week of the regular season to bring it to the KHSAA's attention. The affidavits were filed between 23 AUG and 22 SEP, which gave the plaintiffs plenty of time between the last affidavit filed and now to bring it to the KHSAA's attention.
And by the way, I hate the News-Express because they can't write ONE single article without multiple grammar and spelling errors. It's pathetic. I don't see how they can win "awards" or any of that crap when their articles are as horrible as they are. I understand that you can't get every typo, but they have at least two in EVERY article, and most of them are easily correctable if you just read over it before publishing.

Rant. Had to tell someone. Big Grin
Well, I just seen where Cory Shouse is a sophomore, not a senior like I thought. I'm a fan of Central because I graduated from there, but if this pans out and they're ineligible, I hope the KHSAA takes em to the woodshed, because it's not fair to the other county teams.
vundy33 Wrote:From the paper:

"Last week, before the Hawks played Prestonsburg, the KHSAA ruled Hawk quarterback Alan Boggs and linebacker Cory Shouse ineligible in a letter sent to the high school on Thursday."

"According to court documents, Pike Circuit Judge Steve Combs issued an injunction just hours before kickoff on Friday, which allowed Boggs and Shouse to play."

"The email stated Boggs lives at Hazel Green, more than 70 miles from the school. The complaint stated that Boggs' parents rented a trailer during the initial investigation from the KHSAA when Boggs first transferred from Perry Central."

"Also included were affidavits filed in Floyd County, stating that Pike Central football coach John Chapman picked up Boggs at the Park and Ride located at the Lee City exit off the Mountain Parkway. A total of 12 affidavits were filed, dating from August 23rd through September 22nd."..."Each person filing an affidavit swore the witnessed Allan Boggs picked up by Chapman at the parking lot and driven towards Pike County."

What the injunction said:

"By reason of the aforesaid illegal, oppressive, wanton and unreasonable action of (KHSAA) Cory Shouse, a minor and Alan Boggs, a minor, have suffered and will continue to suffer immediate and irreparable harm," the lawsuit said.

"According to the court records, Combs issued a restraining order against the KHSAA at 3:24 p.m. Friday."

Excerpts are from the Wednesday, November 3, 2010 edition of the Appalachian News-Express.

I really don't know what to think about this. I hate seeing this kind of stuff happen to kids in their Senior season of football. It seems to me like this is probably true, it definitely sounds like it could be true, but it also sounds like a small group of people are out to get the two kids and the Central football program by waiting until the last week of the regular season to bring it to the KHSAA's attention. The affidavits were filed between 23 AUG and 22 SEP, which gave the plaintiffs plenty of time between the last affidavit filed and now to bring it to the KHSAA's attention.

I think they're both juniors. Could be wrong.
Not fair to other county teams??? If central wasnt winning nothing would be said about anything. The school don't own a house righ next to the football field to put a family in every couple of years. Other county teams do it too. Or have in the past. Butnothing has ever been said. The political bull**** of this **** area kills me. I mean these kids aren't getting paid to play. And if one is coming from hazel green imagine the sacrifice Hejaz to make to get here. I thought drivingfrom pburg to hazard everyday was a pain in the *** and I worked nite shift. No one is forcing him to make the trip.

I'm done. Don't even reply to this post. But this thread will be watched closely.

Good posting
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Not fair to other county teams??? If central wasnt winning nothing would be said about anything. The school don't own a house righ next to the football field to put a family in every couple of years. Other county teams do it too. Or have in the past. Butnothing has ever been said. The political bull**** of this **** area kills me. I mean these kids aren't getting paid to play. And if one is coming from hazel green imagine the sacrifice Hejaz to make to get here. I thought drivingfrom pburg to hazard everyday was a pain in the *** and I worked nite shift. No one is forcing him to make the trip.

I'm done. Don't even reply to this post. But this thread will be watched closely.

Good posting

You would think that a member of the BGR staff wouldn't make a dumb post like that after another Mod already told people twice to keep "blaming other schools" out of it. Good god.

I don't care what the **** situation is. Rules are rules, and if they broke them, then it's not fair to the OTHER COUNTY TEAMS! I don't know what you don't understand about that. Why even bring up any other school that has done it in the past? They haven't gotten caught. The political bull**** kills you? You're just as much a part of it by *****ing because your school got caught as the schools that do it but don't get caught.

I love Central, and I want them to win. But not if they're breaking the **** rules to do it. Man, do you not have any integrity or intestinal fortitude?
This would be just awful for KHSAA to ruin their playoffs time.
They have played there all year, and just now an investigation?

Hope everything goes well, and PCC gets their playoff chance!!
vundy33 Wrote:Well, I just seen where Cory Shouse is a sophomore, not a senior like I thought. I'm a fan of Central because I graduated from there, but if this pans out and they're ineligible, I hope the KHSAA takes em to the woodshed, because it's not fair to the other county teams.

The other county teams looking down on Pike Central would be like white collar criminals looking down on blue collar criminals, they are all guilty.
My god, I'm a fan of Central, but I'm unbiased. Stop bringing up other schools, if it butthurts you so much, find some dirt on them and tell the KHSAA. The question here is this KHSAA investigation of Central and two players and if they're guilty of the accusations made against them.

I really, really, really, really hope not.
SweetLemonade Wrote:This would be just awful for KHSAA to ruin their playoffs time.
They have played there all year, and just now an investigation?

Hope everything goes well, and PCC gets their playoff chance!!

Yeah, that's what ****es me off about this. The last affidavit was filed on 22 September, so that means that the parents who reported them had all the evidence on them that they wanted. I think there's no question that they waited until now on purpose. Which is pathetic.
Not really sure that the "other schools do it, too" defense will carry much weight with the KHSAA, but good luck with that, PC.

Don't wanna get busted? Don't cheat.
vundy33 Wrote:You would think that a member of the BGR staff wouldn't make a dumb post like that after another Mod already told people twice to keep "blaming other schools" out of it. Good god.

I don't care what the **** situation is. Rules are rules, and if they broke them, then it's not fair to the OTHER COUNTY TEAMS! I don't know what you don't understand about that. Why even bring up any other school that has done it in the past? They haven't gotten caught. The political bull**** kills you? You're just as much a part of it by *****ing because your school got caught as the schools that do it but don't get caught.

I love Central, and I want them to win. But not if they're breaking the **** rules to do it. Man, do you not have any integrity or intestinal fortitude?

The political bs I was referring to is that some kids only get to play due to money. Others have to sit and watch. The khsaa needs to be better at their job. But as far as they go I know they enforce the rules. They just do a shotty job of it.

When I question fairness my point was meant to say that it isn't fair that a few teams have to sit back and watch other teams do the very same thing they are getting accused of. But they have to sit back and take it. That my friend isn't fair.

Do I agree with it? No I do not. Nor do I condone it. But waiting until playoff time and the end of the season because someone wasn't thorough enough to check up on things really bugs the crap out of me.

And lastly, don't question my integrity. This is a touchy subject and vie been quiet the whole time. But the fairness things hit a button.

Have a nice day
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I know nothing abt any shenanigans at Pikeville. But people have been talking all year about how Paintsville messed up big time hiring Kinner over him. If this comes out to be true and he is at fault then I wonder what people will say about our admins?
In response to this post: If a change is needed then it is needed. As to any changes with this coach (PC) only time will tell if it would have been viable. The Paintsville Admin. stands to look badly either way.
This could be a major bummer for the Hawks...Sucks that this has happen so late in the season, but it should'nt even be an issue. Everyone knows the rules when moving Schools..
PC congrats on the season..But you might should just toss in the towel.:closed:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next