Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins Class 3A?
Pike Country Central will be your state champs !!! I hope Belfry can get through Mason County like the Hawks did last year so we can show u who the new king of Pike County is.
^^ please count Sheldon Clark out already! Smile i love it!
ltr450_777 Wrote:Pike Country Central will be your state champs !!! I hope Belfry can get through Mason County like the Hawks did last year so we can show u who the new king of Pike County is.

SC will make it before PCC and Belfry, IMO
Since the new alignment , The West has won every single state title, and every season people from EKY say theyre gonna win the state championship easy. The West part of 3A just has so much more pure talent than the East, and it seems like every season the EKY team is just shellshocked.

Semi Finals
PT 28
vs.
Central 31

Somerset 34
vs.
Sheldon Clark 24

-------

Central 21
Vs.
Somerset 7
Jumper Dad Wrote::please: No reason to single any kid out for negative comments.

Negativism exacerbates more negativism. Unfortunately many of us some times in the heat of passion, make negative comments.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Best thing about HS Football is that our opinions, while entertaining, don't mean jack. This will all be settled on the field and when your dealing with teenage boys anything can happen.

Truer words were never spoken. A couple of things in high school football can make a tremendous difference, momentum and enthusiasm. All of us can look back and remember unbelievable upsets.
ltr450_777 Wrote:Pike Country Central will be your state champs !!! I hope Belfry can get through Mason County like the Hawks did last year so we can show u who the new king of Pike County is.

Is it possible for your posts to get any more repetitive? You're childish quotes mirror your previous posts prior to the regular season matchup with the Pirates. I believe we all know how that meeting ended.:eyeroll: I honestly dont believe Ive ever witnessed the majority of a teams fan base so hung up on beating another team. PC had better focus on the task at hand because IMO they wont see Belfry again this year, neither will make it to the regional finals. Maybe next year for the Hawks. Just maybe a few parents of great athletes are looking for that "educational" edge at PC and they find their way onto the Hawks team next year.:biggrin:
Somerset wins it.
sometset unless someone can find their weaknesses and act on them
3A is eerily similar to last year. A King of the Hill against the squatters. Bet against us again, we thrive on it.
IntheZone Wrote:^^ please count Sheldon Clark out already! Smile i love it!

We have. Sheldon CLARK amost got beat by PIKEVILLE.:eyeroll:
prestonsburg
thewiz Wrote:prestonsburg

:thatsfunn It would be quite a feat for P-Burg to win 3.....especially since they are not in 3A.
They're playing up in the playoffs.
oak 76 Wrote:We have. Sheldon CLARK amost got beat by PIKEVILLE.:eyeroll:

And they had Johnson Central on the ropes and only lost due to a failed conversion. Sheldon Clark can play.
Guys lets keep this on the main focus. Not PCC against whoever. And please show your intelligence when posting. Nothing makes a team look worse than some of the junk I've read on here.

My prediction is:

I have no idea. High school football is worse than trying to figure out a woman when trying to make a prediction. With that said I hope PC wins the region. But they probably have the toughest road to do so.

I know nothing of the western part of the state except that they field some pretty good teams every year
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Somerset- 28

Paducah Tighlman- 20
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Guys lets keep this on the main focus. Not PCC against whoever. And please show your intelligence when posting. Nothing makes a team look worse than some of the junk I've read on here.

My prediction is:

I have no idea. High school football is worse than trying to figure out a woman when trying to make a prediction. With that said I hope PC wins the region. But they probably have the toughest road to do so.

I know nothing of the western part of the state except that they field some pretty good teams every year

Correct! High School football is unpredictable, for momentium and enthusiasm plays an important role in the equation.

Remember who won the Class 3A title last year? A team that had a losing record going into the playoffs, but won the state championship.

So, again, anything can can happen!
I thought Somerset would win in a cake walk last year. I won't make that mistake again. Paducah Tighlman 21 Somerset 7.
adopted purple Wrote:I thought Somerset would win in a cake walk last year. I won't make that mistake again. Paducah Tighlman 21 Somerset 7.

Maybe not that one, but hopefully you do still make a mistake.

I think it will be PT and Somerset again in the finals. They have separated themselves as the top two teams in this class IMO and are poised for a rematch the first week of December. I'm taking Somerset over Tilghman 21-10, obviously Somerset will have to keep the turnovers in the single digits this time around but I really don't think Somerset was as outmatched in the finals last year as the score indicated. If you have 6+ turnovers in a game you deserve to lose that game, and that's what happened. They will have to get there obviously, and keep the turnovers down, but if Somerset can do this I think we will see the game we should have gotten last season.
Central is 4-6 and has given up 327 points this year. The Jackets have allowed 95 points in the three of the four games it won or an average of 31.5. The strategy of using Ace to simply outrun and outscore opponents is flawed. Tajh has neither the line to protect him nor the arm to mount a consistent aerial attack. They do benefit from a weak early bracket. Henry Co. might have something to say about who prevails.
Somerset vs Central. Central wins 27-21.
Somerset, Paducah Tighlman, or Central.
sorry but breathitt is gonna be in there!
i have total faith in them and i believe they will pull through and prove it to you guys that they are better than what you think.
ckns Wrote:sorry but breathitt is gonna be in there!
i have total faith in them and i believe they will pull through and prove it to you guys that they are better than what you think.

They might be better than what the majority of people think. The problem is that the majority of people think they are somewhat down this year and even if they are better than what we think its still not enough to make it to Bowling Green and win it all.
u guys just can't except the fact that this is an all new program now that we have coach Chapman. He is the man and I love all u guys that dont think he can bring PC a championship. Keep doubting us, thats just motivation Wink
ltr450_777 Wrote:u guys just can't except the fact that this is an all new program now that we have coach Chapman. He is the man and I love all u guys that dont think he can bring PC a championship. Keep doubting us, thats just motivation Wink
I guess the motivation goes into effect next year ...
RoShamBo Wrote:Maybe not that one, but hopefully you do still make a mistake.

I think it will be PT and Somerset again in the finals. They have separated themselves as the top two teams in this class IMO and are poised for a rematch the first week of December. I'm taking Somerset over Tilghman 21-10, obviously Somerset will have to keep the turnovers in the single digits this time around but I really don't think Somerset was as outmatched in the finals last year as the score indicated. If you have 6+ turnovers in a game you deserve to lose that game, and that's what happened. They will have to get there obviously, and keep the turnovers down, but if Somerset can do this I think we will see the game we should have gotten last season.

Believe me I'm not a Tilghman fan, but they have one eight in a row and are playing well. I am well aware of turnovers causing you to lose games. Bowling Green has lost a couple of state championships because of turnovers in the past. I hope both teams don't have ANY turnovers and the best team will win.
Pike Cent-out---- Look for North Oldham to make some noise in the West- Should be them and Central in regional final to take on Tilghman or Union
What kind of noise does a team make that struggled against winless Spencer County and 4-7 Fort Knox ? You advanced because of a forfeit and your opponents have lost 70 games this year.