Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins Class 3A?
Who meets in Bowling Green, Who wins it all, and final score.
Paducah Tiglhman and Somerset.

Somerset-28
PT-21
Sheldon Clark: 28
Paducah Tilghman: 21
Somerset 28 Central 14
3A West is a Tossup. You have Paducah Tighlman, a very good Union County team, and Central which is always dangerous, any of those 3 could make it to the finals.
Pulling for Somerset in this one. I do believe they're even a better team than the one that played in the state last year. But, the athletes and talent for Paducah Tilghman scares me. As for now, I'll take the talent of Paducah Tilghman. I hope I'm wrong. And maybe before the state games begin I change my mind and pick Somerset to win the state title. Best of luck Briarjumpers......
Still think Somerset meets either Tilghman or Central.
Union County v Russellville is shaping up to be a good 3A game in the west, if neither stubs a toe in the prelims. If it happens, I'm thinking Tilghman v Union Co. will decide the west because Central is potent, but one-dimensional. Somerset and Mason should also be a great game, assuming they both live to play. Somerset's milquetoast schedule looks good now, but will not help them in the playoffs.
Somerset
Union Co VS Somerset

Union by alot in the championship game.

Dont get me wrong PT did beat union earlier but that was without their 2 best players. its compareable to the game that PT beat central last year in the finals without centrals two best player tim patterson and chris king. id say union comes back in this game and finally makes it all the way.
somerset 35-union county 14
Somerset and Central

Somerset - 28

Central - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Central 28
Somerset 21
central 12
somerset 27

best game of the playoffs imo will be somerset traveling to SC in the semi's if the cards dont have a let down and thats a big if because they have trouble comeing out every week ready to play..
I really don't think SC CARDS will go far.IMO,if the PCC HAWKS get past russell they will beat SC.As far who wins 3A that is hard to say.I love to see the HAWKS make a deep run.
Go Somerset!
leecoukfan Wrote:Somerset and Central

Somerset - 28

Central - 21

I'm going to agree with you on this one.
I would also love to see Pike Central home the gold.
3A is a toss up.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I REALLY wanna say Mason Co... so i will.
:please: No reason to single any kid out for negative comments.
Best thing about HS Football is that our opinions, while entertaining, don't mean jack. This will all be settled on the field and when your dealing with teenage boys anything can happen.
I will be pulling for Somerset!!!
I'm interested to see how Coach Haywood has the Pirates playing in the playoffs. I feel like we have as much chance as winning the region, and playing a good game w/ Somerset as we do losing in the 2nd round. We're pretty much hit or miss this year, we've played our best games and we've had our bad ones. It's all a matter of which team shows up, and what (if anything) Coach Haywood may have up his sleeve.
I think Somerset is the favorite.

But it's hard to pick Somerset (and no insult intended) when you consider the history of the program.

How many times has it been, 4 maybe, and still no state title? That's not counting the years they had some pretty good teams that might have taken the crown but stumbled along the way. ('82 and '84 come to mind)
Hatz Wrote:I think Somerset is the favorite.

But it's hard to pick Somerset (and no insult intended) when you consider the history of the program.

How many times has it been, 4 maybe, and still no state title? That's not counting the years they had some pretty good teams that might have taken the crown but stumbled along the way. ('82 and '84 come to mind)

Five actually, but who's counting? :biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Still think Somerset meets either Tilghman or Central.

i agree with you
Tica Wrote:Union County v Russellville is shaping up to be a good 3A game in the west, if neither stubs a toe in the prelims. If it happens, I'm thinking Tilghman v Union Co. will decide the west because Central is potent, but one-dimensional. Somerset and Mason should also be a great game, assuming they both live to play. Somerset's milquetoast schedule looks good now, but will not help them in the playoffs.

Russellville wins against Union
[quote=UCFB]Union Co VS Somerset

Union by alot in the championship game.

Dont get me wrong PT did beat union earlier but that was without their 2 best players. its compareable to the game that PT beat central last year in the finals without centrals two best player tim patterson and chris king. id say union comes back in this game and finally makes it all the way.[/QUOT
Union by alot in the championship,lol,:please:, they wont make it...
Pride and Football Wrote:3A West is a Tossup. You have Paducah Tighlman, a very good Union County team, and Central which is always dangerous, any of those 3 could make it to the finals.

Tilghman plays Central in the semi's from the West, Too much hype for Union, they played a weak schedule, only two good teams played they lost. The easy schedule will hurt them in rematch with Tilghman.