Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outstanding Freshmen
HugyBear Wrote:Thats right, I think a lot of them have turned into Bears this year. They have the best freshman team I have ever seen, not just say this cause it is Harlan County. They are for real!

QB at Jackson Co. is one heck of a athlete to be a freshman! He's as good of an athlete as in the entire region. Started playing 5 weeks into the season. Sky is the limit with him!
Graves County has a Freshman QB, Peyton Puckett, that is starting freshman QB, Starting JV QB, and back up Varsity QB. He probably should be starting Varsity but they have a senior so he is getting his chance. Right now he is about 6'3" but on the skinny side so still needs to hit the weights.

He also is a really good basketball and baseball player, as an 8th grader he played varsity basketball and baseball last season. He is a really good player and also a leader. He will be one to watch in the coming years.
King Titan Wrote:De'Andre Farris #22 for the Collins Titans. DeAndre was the starting TB at the freshmen level and started at CB on varsity. He got in at RB against Etown and his first handoff he went 30 something yards. Next serries and only second handoff the kid broke open and blazed 80 yards down the field for a TD. Dont know how many TDs he had at the freshmen level. Broke his fibula against Larue. This kid is a BEAST.

I agree. De'Andre is very talented and very fast.
Betsy Layne freshman are very good, some kids that really know how to play football and win. The freshman team went undefeated and many of them start for us on the varsity team. Looking forward to the next freshman class to come through to join this years then it will be complete. SEEK AND DESTROY FELLAS!:rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:In Varsity Football, Freshman players don't seem to come up too often, leastways in any manner that is impressive. Still, every once in a while, a freshman will have the athletic prowess to assist his team even in his starting year, and we must recognize that these same individuals are destined to become major assets years down the road.

If there are any freshmen out there that you know of who have already proven themselves as an asset to the team (or even if there are freshmen who are so beastly on JV teams that you just HAVE to give them a mention), I encourage you to post about them here.

I'll start off with Freshman Quarterback Cole Ousley, who is the starting QB at Lone Oak. He may not be the perfect quarterback, but he has already proven himself capable, passing for a stout 1625 yards in the first seven games of the season, with 13 touchdowns and a 63.07% completion rate (123 completions out of 195 attempts). While he has had seven interceptions, he has proven himself to be a great commodity for the Flash. Oh, and he stands 6'4", as well.

So...Freshmen? Please start listing.

there is an article on the max prep site about the top freshmen in the nation, he is mentioned. i thought that was pretty big for a kid in the mountains. http://www.maxpreps.com/news/QkaQZ9ZlEd-...eshmen.htm
Mikey Callihan RB/DB and Arron Elam QB both of Ashland are the best two freshman I have seen this year. Callihan is small but tough and quick as a cat.
Hey FBALL how did the game go tonight? I had to work and didn't get to listen to the game.
Trenches07 Wrote:QB at Jackson Co. is one heck of a athlete to be a freshman! He's as good of an athlete as in the entire region. Started playing 5 weeks into the season. Sky is the limit with him!

I'd agree with you there. Saw him against the Jumpers. JC was out matched as a team, but this kid was every bit as good as anyone SHS had. Talked to a few of the JC coaches, said he is a darn good basketball player too.
the dark wizard Wrote:Johnathan Gist from Knox Central RB-has had some quality minutes this year, and has contributed well running the ball.

The "G-MAN"
Grant Anderson, from prestonsburg seems to be a talked about Freshman in the mountains.

I consider Lone Oaks QB to be the top freshman player in the state.