Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How 'bout them Paintsville Tigers
OVERRATED

If that's what you think, fine. But, you're badly mistaken. You have to pretty daggone good to win the Hoops Classic.

We'll all find out how overrated they are over the next few weeks.
i dont like em
naaw there ok i guess but there overrated
It will be a good distict and regional tournament. Paintsville has potential as they showed in their own tournament (6 good Ws), but there is a difference when not playing at home. Hence, they also showed what they were capable of during the Harlan game (bad L). Young teams are erratic even when they are experienced. However, they will have a good shot, if they keep their composure, of being the last team standing after the region, but so do many other teams.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:This is a NEW year Fan, haven't seen Paintsville "totally cheat" any team this year. I'm not gonna sit here and say that Paintsville is the BEST team in the 15th cause I haven't seen everyone play, I've heard Belfry is tougher than nails. BUT as far as team I have SEEN play from the 15th, Paintsville is the best, then SF after that, and IF Magoffin plays against everyone else like they did Paintsville, then they will be right there in the mix of things. Lawrence ain't bad when Thompson is having a good night. The season is too early to be predicting who will win the region, there are a couple teams that could walk away the champs. As far as OVERRATED goes, Johnson Central would fit in that category so far, they haven't lived up to ANY of the hype about them before the season.

JC is overrated? Do I sense a bit of rivalry in that statement? As far as I know there are no bigger rivals in the state than Paintsville and Johnson Central so I would definitely expect a Paintsville fan to claim that JC is overrated.
paintsville is not that good but if you ask me neither is south floyd. i think that belfry has a real good team but another team that know one hears about much is east ridge and they have a good chance this year if they can win on the road.
alright , Paintsville is overrated. What about SuperStar landon slone, i thought he was suppost to be something like lebron? And its all about paintsville, and seems like they are not to great to me. Jc and paintsville has played Magoffin, and jc to me, is better, better team work and inside game. When Paintsville has had all these threads about how good they are suppost to be. Has Jc had there fans come on here and Say they are the best team in the region, No they have not.
Quote: Orginally posted by The Fan

there not overrated!!!!!!!!!!! they are 9-3 and played all good teams in the tiger hoops classic and in georgia. They are by far the best team in the region not sf.
lol that funny
come on... i know that paintsville doesnt seemt to be playing like a team, but i think throughtout the year they will get better. there seems to be more of me me me mentality instead of lets go for the win as a team. but paintsville will struggle through this problem and most likely make it to state this year.
"Super_de" Wrote:alright , Paintsville is overrated. What about SuperStar landon slone, i thought he was suppost to be something like lebron? And its all about paintsville, and seems like they are not to great to me. Jc and paintsville has played Magoffin, and jc to me, is better, better team work and inside game. When Paintsville has had all these threads about how good they are suppost to be. Has Jc had there fans come on here and Say they are the best team in the region, No they have not.

Are you an idiot??? I understand sarcasm, but to try and slight a very good young player because he's not NBA superstar caliber is ridiculous. Landon Slone is a very good player and one of the better players in the region. Paintsville is a good team and one of the better teams in their district and region. His acheivements and their record are proof enough. Then you try and determine what team is better based on one common opponent, also ludicrius.

It seems many posters here are more interested in bashing other teams and players than cheering on their own squads. Some are more interested in bashing thier own team and players than cheering on anybody!!
"Imnottelling" Wrote:JC is overrated? Do I sense a bit of rivalry in that statement? As far as I know there are no bigger rivals in the state than Paintsville and Johnson Central so I would definitely expect a Paintsville fan to claim that JC is overrated.

There's not a bit of rivalry in my statement. When JC got Starks as their coach and he had his little press confrence, there was ALOT of talk about how they were gonna be unstoppable, would beat everyone in the district and region, there might not have been talk on here about it, who cares, there was talk in the real world about it. When you have been graduated for 3 years and you become good friends with ALOT of your old rivals, you talk about stuff like this. JC is nowhere near their expectations, before the season started the way everyone talked JC should be undefeated right now.
overrated
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:There's not a bit of rivalry in my statement. When JC got Starks as their coach and he had his little press confrence, there was ALOT of talk about how they were gonna be unstoppable, would beat everyone in the district and region, there might not have been talk on here about it, who cares, there was talk in the real world about it. When you have been graduated for 3 years and you become good friends with ALOT of your old rivals, you talk about stuff like this. JC is nowhere near their expectations, before the season started the way everyone talked JC should be undefeated right now.

First who in the world is starks? JC has a coach named starns, is that who you are referring to? I can already tell that you don't have a clue! I don't remember him saying that he would beat everyone in the region. I do remember him saying there wouldn't be a team that would outhustle or play as hard as his team. I think you took a comment and put what you wanted to in it. That figures since you don't have a clue anyway. Many people didn't have any high expectations from JC on our side. Many others did after they saw them play this summer. I know that a lot of people were excited to get a new coach with that kind of attitude. How can you be expected to be undefeated and beat every team in the region when you lose three starters from last years team? I know that some people get on here who have no knowledge of the game but I think you might be right at the top. :beerwez: :insane: Is JC overrated? I am one that would say whoever ranked them two or three must have been at the same crazy party you were at. I think there is no team that stands out in this region as dominant.
I've read a bunch of posts of haters, fans, and people who just don't give a crap. and I've come to the conclusion that Paintsville isn't exactly overrated, just over hyped.

The fans have been braggin all season about how they will win region, just like the SF fans did at the beginning.

At 9-3 or whatever, i don't think you can really say that is overrated.. It's just the hype was too high.
"Eagle Eye" Wrote:First who in the world is starks? JC has a coach named starns, is that who you are referring to? I can already tell that you don't have a clue! I don't remember him saying that he would beat everyone in the region. I do remember him saying there wouldn't be a team that would outhustle or play as hard as his team. I think you took a comment and put what you wanted to in it. That figures since you don't have a clue anyway. Many people didn't have any high expectations from JC on our side. Many others did after they saw them play this summer. I know that a lot of people were excited to get a new coach with that kind of attitude. How can you be expected to be undefeated and beat every team in the region when you lose three starters from last years team? I know that some people get on here who have no knowledge of the game but I think you might be right at the top. :beerwez: :insane: Is JC overrated? I am one that would say whoever ranked them two or three must have been at the same crazy party you were at. I think there is no team that stands out in this region as dominant.

Did you ever consider that when he typed "starks" it was a typo?? lol And as him saying their wouldnt be a team that would out hustle them, and out play them..then he was wrong.
What about them..... they got beat out of the WYMT by Harlan
"Eagle Eye" Wrote:First who in the world is starks? JC has a coach named starns, is that who you are referring to? I can already tell that you don't have a clue! I don't remember him saying that he would beat everyone in the region. I do remember him saying there wouldn't be a team that would outhustle or play as hard as his team. I think you took a comment and put what you wanted to in it. That figures since you don't have a clue anyway. Many people didn't have any high expectations from JC on our side. Many others did after they saw them play this summer. I know that a lot of people were excited to get a new coach with that kind of attitude. How can you be expected to be undefeated and beat every team in the region when you lose three starters from last years team? I know that some people get on here who have no knowledge of the game but I think you might be right at the top. :beerwez: :insane: Is JC overrated? I am one that would say whoever ranked them two or three must have been at the same crazy party you were at. I think there is no team that stands out in this region as dominant.

I never said that STARNS (it was a typo) said they would beat everyone in the region, I meant that there was ALOT of talk from JC fans that I know who said it.

At this point in time I would have Belfry as the best team in the region, they have some great athletes.

As for being expected to go undefeated in region play, we did it my senior year after losing FOUR starters from the year before, BUT then we ended up losing the region championship to Shelby Valley at JC, and we even beat Shelby Valley AT SV in the regular season. And as far as having no knowledge goes, I have PLENTY of knowledge, I say it how I see it, Belfry is the #1 team in the region right now, with South Floyd and Paintsville at #2, JC at #4, and Shelby Valley at #5.
i think they are too over rated and whats up not playin cody reynolds over zac hughs we know that zac's dad is brad hughs could that have somthin to do with it:wtf1:
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I never said that STARNS (it was a typo) said they would beat everyone in the region, I meant that there was ALOT of talk from JC fans that I know who said it.

At this point in time I would have Belfry as the best team in the region, they have some great athletes.

As for being expected to go undefeated in region play, we did it my senior year after losing FOUR starters from the year before, BUT then we ended up losing the region championship to Shelby Valley at JC, and we even beat Shelby Valley AT SV in the regular season. And as far as having no knowledge goes, I have PLENTY of knowledge, I say it how I see it, Belfry is the #1 team in the region right now, with South Floyd and Paintsville at #2, JC at #4, and Shelby Valley at #5.

im not to sure about that top 5 there
Refs...against the almighty Landon Slone....Please....I've been watching him get calls from the refs my entire life....nobody is against the the almighty Slone in Referee World or else the Referee god would smite them
Paintsville is no better than JC, Pburg, Belfry, SF, SC !
the coaches pick who plays the players and the parents don't! It doesn't matter who your parents are! Hey JC7132 IF dads pick the player don't you think Joe Whitacker gets to play because of who his daddy is and because he is a 16 year old freshman!!!!!! :wtf1:
how bout em, their horrible, and terribly overated
OVERATED
JC most not be to over rated they toped p-ville 62-58
jc is starting to come around
"MCfan" Wrote:OVERATED

So you are pretty much saying they aren't any good, which would make Magoffin County not any good also considering Paintsville has beat them twice, right.
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Paintsville is no better than JC, Pburg, Belfry, SF, SC !

The way they have been playing, I will agree with that.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:So you are pretty much saying they aren't any good, which would make Magoffin County not any good also considering Paintsville has beat them twice, right.

I dont think saying OVERATED means they arent any good. I will have to say they arent as good as everyone said they would be. I mean, at the beginning of the season I figured they would blow the rest of the 15th region teams out of the water. But they definitely haven't lived up to everyones expectations.:flame: