Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
39.53%
Pulaski County
60.47%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County vs. Pulaski County 8/27
Pulaski
I think Pulaski is a little overrated..I say the Blackbears take this one.
I heard that Abner from Pulaski got a knee strain in the 50-0 scrimmage loss to Boyle Co. If he is out, plus considering how they were dominated, I just can't see Pulaski County beating Harlan. :popcorn:
I think playing close to home and having local support will help the Maroons out in this one. I say PC 27 Harlan 17
Pulaski by 12.
Harlan County 24

Pulaski County 20
HC will have their work cut out for them traveling to the county with the most win last year. Somerset, Pul, SW combined to lead the state in football wins - must put leather in their cherrios. My kinda county - makes me want to buy a boat and west; but I digress.

The "Friends of Coal" have my support and I'm picking them to win in a low scoring defensive battle 14-7. But that will be a tall order for them.
Pulaski Co.
CatPower Wrote:Im not starting trouble, just saying that its human nature to come in and try to take out the alfamale, and when you are freshman, you are on top of the word because you where the top dog in jr-high. Now its on to the big time, its time to put up or shut up. Only the strong will survive. go bears

It's also the nature of BGR to use correct spelling and grammar Wink
what time does this game start
Cats02 Wrote:what time does this game start

It is the 2nd game. Somerset-Southwestern kicks off at 600pm. I'd say this one will start around 900pm.
Pulaski county
Pulaski is just to big and strong sorry Harlan

Pulaski Co. wins this one
I will pick Harlan County.
possible playoff preview.
Pulaski has played Rock a few times so the gimick defense will not be new to them. I think this will be a very close game but I see Pulaski finding a way to win late.
William Muney Wrote:Pulaski has played Rock a few times so the gimick defense will not be new to them. I think this will be a very close game but I see Pulaski finding a way to win late.

That "gimick" defense, as you refer to it, is a defense that surrendered a national-record low 184 rushing yards in 15 games during the 2001 season for Rockcastle. It's also what sustained the Black Bears last season. Defensive Coaches for HC have done a great job customizing that defense to suit our needs The defense will be very solid and even more experienced this year and our offense will provide a lot of excitement. This will be a tough opener for the Bears, but I think they'll do what it takes to get Coach Larkey his 250th win. Go Bears!!!
All defenses are about 11 people playing hard and performing their individual responsibilities. People have argued on here that is is unsound. If kids don't do what they are supposed to all defenses are unsound. There are no gimmicks to it. It is about play recognition and quick reads.
I'll take the Maroons in a close one, but would love to see Harlan County pull it out. Good luck to both teams!
I think Harlan County will win 16-7.
William Muney Wrote:Pulaski has played Rock a few times so the gimick defense will not be new to them. I think this will be a very close game but I see Pulaski finding a way to win late.

:lmaoTongueulaski wins this one by at least 2 td's.
I will be at this game. i will be on the Harlan side
I want to pick Pulaski in this one but a few things worry me....
1) Pulaski O hasn't performed well in two scrimmages so far
2) Harlan now in 3rd year of Coach Larkey's system, should continue to improve.
3) Pulaski seems snakebit with injuries again
4) Harlan supposed to have huge line, Pulaski not so much.

However
1) Eastem is an old west gunslinger. He's calm, cool and efficient.
2) Abner is a threat any time he touches the ball, offense is predicated on geting him the ball out in space. If they can get him the ball, he will rip up the yards.
3) Pulaski D very under rated IMO. (Boyle's 50 point not withstanding)

PC 27
HC 21
Mama Bear Wrote:That "gimick" defense, as you refer to it, is a defense that surrendered a national-record low 184 rushing yards in 15 games during the 2001 season for Rockcastle. It's also what sustained the Black Bears last season. Defensive Coaches for HC have done a great job customizing that defense to suit our needs The defense will be very solid and even more experienced this year and our offense will provide a lot of excitement. This will be a tough opener for the Bears, but I think they'll do what it takes to get Coach Larkey his 250th win. Go Bears!!!

Yeah, but Harlan County doesn't have the 2001 Rockcastle team playing defense. The same defense allowed 1800 yards rushing last season in 12 games. Harlan County let the bus ride affect them last season and was manhandled by an inferior Southwestern team 35-7. I'm not sold on Pulaski's offensive line or their defense but it appears that Harlan's line was pushed around by Knox Central's line in the scrimmage. Knox doesn't have the Maroon's speed.
Coach Larkey will have the Black Bears ready to play! Go Bears!!!
Norm Peterson Wrote:Yeah, but Harlan County doesn't have the 2001 Rockcastle team playing defense. The same defense allowed 1800 yards rushing last season in 12 games. Harlan County let the bus ride affect them last season and was manhandled by an inferior Southwestern team 35-7. I'm not sold on Pulaski's offensive line or their defense but it appears that Harlan's line was pushed around by Knox Central's line in the scrimmage. Knox doesn't have the Maroon's speed.

no its not the 2001 rock d. but allowing 150 YPG rushing isn't too bad especially against mostly ground oriented teams
Norm Peterson Wrote:Yeah, but Harlan County doesn't have the 2001 Rockcastle team playing defense. The same defense allowed 1800 yards rushing last season in 12 games. Harlan County let the bus ride affect them last season and was manhandled by an inferior Southwestern team 35-7. I'm not sold on Pulaski's offensive line or their defense but it appears that Harlan's line was pushed around by Knox Central's line in the scrimmage. Knox doesn't have the Maroon's speed.

:worthy:
I played in this defense. I also am smart enough to know that every defense is a gimmic defense. So should everyone have to run a 4-4 or a 5-2 or a 4-3 oh wait they are gimmics too. Some people have no clue.
Pulaski's offense in the spread is a gimmic. They should have to have everyone line up behind QB.
Pulaski wins.