Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County's Dylan Creech
Johnny Rose keeps stats, not his dad. Johnny Rose also calls it in to maxpreps, and the newspaper, so you have no idea what you're talking about. The stats are also correct, I've seen it with my eyes. You do not need to get on here and put down a 16 year old kid. That's wrong, credit him for what he is doing. He's great at what he does.
Your saying you sit right next to the scorekeeper and watch every play being recorded?
WCfan Wrote:no he does not keep the stats, there is a laatidy that keeps stats who is no relation to creech at all.

truebluefan4 Wrote:Johnny Rose keeps stats, not his dad. Johnny Rose also calls it in to maxpreps, and the newspaper, so you have no idea what you're talking about. The stats are also correct, I've seen it with my eyes. You do not need to get on here and put down a 16 year old kid. That's wrong, credit him for what he is doing. He's great at what he does.

Someones incorrect. Ones saying a lady keeps the stats, and the other says Johnny Rose keeps them......
csabo17 Wrote:Someones incorrect. Ones saying a lady keeps the stats, and the other says Johnny Rose keeps them......

I was apparently incorrect. Johnny Rose does keep the stats, the lady I was referring to was his wife. I thought she kept them, but I was wrong.
truebluefan4 Wrote:Johnny Rose keeps stats, not his dad. Johnny Rose also calls it in to maxpreps, and the newspaper, so you have no idea what you're talking about. The stats are also correct, I've seen it with my eyes. You do not need to get on here and put down a 16 year old kid. That's wrong, credit him for what he is doing. He's great at what he does.

What have you seen with your own eyes? The lady in the stands or the guy in the"dugout"?

Look, no one is knocking the kid, but to have a team of players with the kind of averages that they do sure seems a little out of the ordinary?????
I agree with Dust, this isnt a knock on the kids. But rather, a knock on the adults who are putting out these stats for whatever purpose.

If its for scouting purposes, its simply wont work. You may get the eye of a few local colleges to come visit. But they will see the real talent (if its there) when they watch with there own eyes. I dont think the SEC teams are going to be fooled into thinking one kid really is hitting .700 when the rest of the team is hitting a close .500 behind him.
BTW, and completely off subject, but Dust wheres the Bengals sign? Ive been gone awhile, did I miss a bet being lost?
--- No, It looks like no one gets what I have been doing with the "Teams". Look next to my Avatar at the very top and let me know if you can figure it out Wink
csabo17 Wrote:I agree with Dust, this isnt a knock on the kids. But rather, a knock on the adults who are putting out these stats for whatever purpose.

If its for scouting purposes, its simply wont work. You may get the eye of a few local colleges to come visit. But they will see the real talent (if its there) when they watch with there own eyes. I dont think the SEC teams are going to be fooled into thinking one kid really is hitting .700 when the rest of the team is hitting a close .500 behind him.

I agree. No reason to down the kid for the actions of the adults. It is easy to fill out questionnaires for colleges and put in big numbers. The only thing that truly matters is production on the field. Scouts will see if the kid is good enough to play at the next level. I hope it all goes well for the kid.
csabo17 Wrote:I agree with Dust, this isnt a knock on the kids. But rather, a knock on the adults who are putting out these stats for whatever purpose.

Great post!

Anyone know where the young man plays in the summer? I coach a travel team and hope to see him around.
I think that the name of the team is memorial sports complex. he plays in nicholasville.
In 1949 the Eagles beat the LA RAMS 14-0 in NFL championship.
Yankees win the world series.
Minneapolis Lakers won the NBA title in 1949.
I cant really find anything on Michigan in 1949 other than a 3rd place NCAA hockey.

I guess it has something to do with the Cats winning the NCAA tourney in 1949????
csabo17 Wrote:In 1949 the Eagles beat the LA RAMS 14-0 in NFL championship.
Yankees win the world series.
Minneapolis Lakers won the NBA title in 1949.
I cant really find anything on Michigan in 1949 other than a 3rd place NCAA hockey.

I guess it has something to do with the Cats winning the NCAA tourney in 1949????

1948/49 Football National Champions
^ Football that is
No I'm saying I'm at every game and see what Dylan, and every other player does. They are right, go to all of wolfe's games before you go knocking, and if you don't like how it's done, you keep stats, and you'll see they are still just as good!
He plays in Nicholasville.
Was that the year you were born? Sorry if its an insult! haha.
Dylan Creech is a good young player that any team in the state would love to have. He's a good kid, and he knows how to play the game.

Someday, college coaches outside of the area will call teams that the kid has played and find out that the stats are very much inflated. They will find out exactly what this kid is, a good high school player. There is absolutely no shame in that. Dylan will be successful in the 14th region and 55th district. He will easily be successful against that schedule. He's just not going to be the first round draft pick or even the major D1 college baseball player that these inflated stats are projecting him to be.

The kid doesn't need or deserve to be bashed. He's a fine player.
truebluefan4 Wrote:He plays in Nicholasville.

Does he play travel ball of just on a local team?
Where is everone's sensitivity coming from? Who on here bashed the kid? Who on here said the kid is not deserving of credit?

What has been challenged is all legitimate, yet no one here has defended without simply saying don't bash the player.

No one on here has "BASHED" the player.
I, for one, am not trying to be sensitive. I'm just trying to state my opinion. There are a couple of posts on the thread where the kid is being questioned, and his father is definitely being bashed, and probably deservedly so. Also, I'm not defending any of the numbers or obvious inflation. I'm just calling it like I see it.
Stardust Wrote:Does he play travel ball of just on a local team?

he plays for wolfe county and he plays for memorial sports complex, they are a travel team. last year he played in tennesse and west virginia.
There are just a few things I would like to point out in response to these posts on here:
1. Wolfe County has underwent a change in coaching staff. Their program had been let go for quite some time. This year was the first year for the new coach. So if it was your first year with a group of kids and you were trying to build up the program would you immediately start playing monstrous teams that you know would beat the mortal **** out of your new team so they would have no confidence and no zest at all to play? Wolfe County's schedule is not much different than previous years, it is slightly more difficult. I am sure next years schedule will be more competitive, now that the team is improving.
2. Now to address their schedule:
-Wolfe beat Cordia. Cordia is the cupcake team who on May 1st beat richmond model, who beat estill county (which is supposed to be one of the best teams in the region. Wolfe played Perry Central and lost by 1. Wolfe has played Lee County 3 times (not a bad team) They lost twice and won once. If you have bothered to watch wolfe play you would know that hitting is not their problem. They make several errors which cost them runs, as in the Magoffin co game a few nights ago. I have witnessed this myself. I watched them play breathitt and hit off of dakota ritchie very well, problem is breathitt out-fielded them.
3. If you are really interested in seeing dylan. he plays for the memorial sports complex in lexington owned by Dallas Murphy. He has been a STARTER on the team since he was in 7th grade. This team is competitive and up there he faces much tougher competition than any team in the 14th region. This team plays all of the best competition in Lexington and throughout the state. A year or so ago, the fifteen year old team that Dylan played on won 2nd place in the 17 year old World Series, dylan having a game winning hit. He has batted over .500 every year he has played for them. He is a leading hitter on the team. Some of his team members are kids from east and west jessamine and lexington christian.
Don't just take my word for this, if you are so interested in posting about him go and watch him play. Talk to his coach Dallas.
The best thing about Dylan is that all this crap being posted on here doesn't bother him near as bad as people like me who know what he is capable of. Dylan is a good kid, and sure he has had a bad night here and there, but what player doesn't. Dylan knows he is not "the best". He knows there is always going to be someone out there who is better than him, but he always strives to get better. He goes before games to practice hitting, he spends a great deal of his time on the weekend doing the same. He has really been working hard and I am glad to see him get some recognition whether you people think it is justified or not. Also, it is not quite the scenario that some people on here try to paint. Its not like Dylan and his dad come home from a game and jim says "oh son you were the best, there is no one on that field like you". After a ballgame dylan is always asking jim what he could have dont better at the game and what he needs to improve on. I know this for a fact. The fact is that none of you on here have followed him game after game, so you don't know what kind of player he is. I have confidence that he has the work ethic and talent to be successful and I think we should always encourage kids instead of putting them down.
By the way, for those of you who will assume that I am Jim Creech on here posting, trust me I am not, but I am someone who knows both of them better than any of you on here posting and I know what goes on.
Only time will tell what kind of player (he still has 3 yrs of high school left) he is going to be but if he continues I think he will go far.
I assume your his mom then?
Again NO ONE IS BASHING THIS KID. His work ethic, his skills, his attitude has not been questioned. What has been questioned is the manner in which wolfe countys stats are kept.

Seriously, a .700 batting avg is a very good slow pitch softball avg. Like i said before if he was batting .650 and other players were batting .350, .300, .250, it may not be questioned so much. But since hes batting .700, and the 8 other starters are around .500 it simply makes sense that some fielders choices or errors are being scored hits in the WC book.
csabo17 Wrote:I assume your his mom then?
Again NO ONE IS BASHING THIS KID. His work ethic, his skills, his attitude has not been questioned. What has been questioned is the manner in which wolfe countys stats are kept.

Seriously, a .700 batting avg is a very good slow pitch softball avg. Like i said before if he was batting .650 and other players were batting .350, .300, .250, it may not be questioned so much. But since hes batting .700, and the 8 other starters are around .500 it simply makes sense that some fielders choices or errors are being scored hits in the WC book.

Here are the current stats listed on the maxpreps site for the boys who start:
Kris Johnson .329
Zach Sallie .419
Jeffrey Whisman .457
Tyler Hayes .489
Joe Oliver .420
Corey Conway .364
Clint Brewer.349
Dylan Creech .684
Deron Terrill .455

When the boys had the averages in the 500's , I believe it was after playing riverside and owsley within a couple of days of each other, sure I will agree that would boost any player's average, but as you can see those stats are no longer.

I am not Dylan's mother, I am his sister.

While I realize that you have not been directly bashing him, there have been some who have and that is why I felt the need to post my response in the manner that I did.
As a matter of a fact, I believe I was the first one to tell everyone to lay off the kid because it wasn't his fault in this thread.....
csabo17 Wrote:As a matter of a fact, I believe I was the first one to tell everyone to lay off the kid because it wasn't his fault in this thread.....

yes, i realize that you and stardust were clearly talking about stats and not the kid. my posts were actually directed more towards those who posted before you guys.
I've watched him play a few times.. he is a good player, but i do believe the stats are inflated a lil bit. I've watched several high school players who go on to d1 schools not have this kind of average?? makes you wonder and i'm sure the weakness of schedule has a lot to do with it.. but once again thats not the kids fault he is just doing his job and hitting the ball. but with a tougher schedule i'm sure none of those averages on that team would exist.. bottom line
WCfan Wrote:he plays for wolfe county and he plays for memorial sports complex, they are a travel team. last year he played in tennesse and west virginia.

Memorial Sports complex's summer ball team is a joke. They play close to all of their games at their "complex" in nicholasville and always play against weak competition in tournaments in the weekend. No wonder he's been starting for them since the 7th grade. If the kid played against better competition, maybe he could really evaluate his talent level. Get on a better travel team in the state like the Morse Mustangs, Lexington Baseball Club, or the Kentucky Grizzlies.
The Memorial Sports Complex has beaten the Morse Mustangs and the Lexington Baseball Club many times. They have also beaten Lexington Christian's 17 year old team, so you might need to get your information correct before suggesting that they are a joke. By the way, he played against Harrison County high school this past fall who everyone would agree is great competition, he had 1 homerun , 2 doubles, and 5 rbi's. Lastly, he hit his sixth homerun last night, his 23rd double, went 3 for 4 with 2 walks, 1 intentional (the ninth time this year) and drove in 5 more runs which gave him 89 for the year. One more thing, Dylan is number 41 in the mid-season (ihigh.com which is voted on by media and coaches around the state) top 50 in KY, the highest out of the 14th region, the only other on there from the 14th region is Gus Wise from Lee County. So obviously, many members of the media and coaches around the state have a very high opinion of his abilities as a player.