Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 44 Perry Co. Central 41 (54th Dist. Championship)
Looks like the better team won tonight. Congrats Hazard.
Aslan Wrote:I'm convinced everybody in this region hates Perry lol. On one side it's all the Perry fans. On the other side its Hazard fans/other teams fans.

I'm a 15th region SV fan and I personally don't hate PCC. With that said I've said all year that IMO PCC had the best team in the 14th but I knew this would be a very close game, but I thought PCC would win by 3 however, like I said in the prediction thread I wouldn't be surprised to see Hazard come out on top by the same margin. This seemed to be a very low scoring game with only one player from either team scoring in double figures and it doesn't look like Cornett from PCC was much of a factor. Everyone is saying PCC turned the ball over way too much(how many)was Hazard' s D that good? I wouldn't be surprised though to see these two meet again in the regional. Congrats to Hazard on a good win and good luck to both regional tourney.:Thumbs:
Low scoring game but Congrats HHS
Well, i called this game right..I say Hazard by 3 in a close one! Congrats Dawgs!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Congrats Dawgs! Would hate to draw Breathitt in 1st rd at home, could be a real tough game for Hazard. For the record, I hope PCC wins if they play KCC in 1st rd of region!! I want the region winner to be from the 54th!

:Thumbs:
Hazard had 6 turnovers to PCC's 12 for the game. We also won the rebounding battle 31 to 21 (it was tied at the end of the first half). These two factors are huge in such a low scoring game!
Hazard is just a bad matchup for Perry imo. They actually have someone that can guard Cornett and some other athletic players that can rebound with Perry(actually out rebounded them tonight). Perry matches up much better with Knott.
On the flip side, Hazard does not match up well with Knott though.
Aslan Wrote:Hazard is just a bad matchup for Perry imo. They actually have someone that can guard Cornett and some other athletic players that can rebound with Perry(actually out rebounded them tonight). Perry matches up much better with Knott.
On the flip side, Hazard does not match up well with Knott though.

good post..KCC and PCC is So even its not even funny (inside PCC outside KCC)
PCC and hazard are very even as well but they matchup very well with each other
KCC and hazard not even close really
But it is tourney time
How bout them dawgs !!!! Good job dawgs !!!
Nothing should surprise anyone in the 14th region. 6 of 8 teams could beat each other on a given night. Obviously home court advantage for Breathitt didn't work in the district. Most wide open region east of I-75
Congrats Dawgs! Great game! I know for a fact HHS did not sell any tickets to anyone--HHS or PCC before the doors opened. The school wanted to send PCC 500 tix and sell 500 @ HHS but was not allowed to. At 3:30, PCC students were lined up at the ticket window and by 6:00 the gym was packed. I was happy to see everyone behaved and the atmosphere was awesome for hs basketball! It was fun to witness!
Personally, I havent seen Memorial Gym packed like that since the 1993 District tournament when Hazard upset Dilce Combs in 1st rd., after Dilce Combs won All "A" State. Love the big crowds, just shows how much we love our HS basketball and what a great rivalry it is!
blueandgoldfan Wrote:Congrats Dawgs! Great game! I know for a fact HHS did not sell any tickets to anyone--HHS or PCC before the doors opened. The school wanted to send PCC 500 tix and sell 500 @ HHS but was not allowed to. At 3:30, PCC students were lined up at the ticket window and by 6:00 the gym was packed. I was happy to see everyone behaved and the atmosphere was awesome for hs basketball! It was fun to witness!

I was one of those students. I didnt know if they was selling them at HHS or not. One of my friends said her cousin texted her and said they were selling them. But great game anyway!
congrats to the dawgs and coach Holland. Another district title for the ole ball coach, keep up the good work.

I see the region draw coming out something like this:
Hazard/Breathitt
Knott/Owsley

Wolfe/Perry
Powell/JBS This draw will be very interesting.
perry will get revenge in the region ...but congrats hazard way to step it up and play ball
Coach Al Holland is the man when it comes to tournament time in the mountains. PCC really really really screwed up letting him get away. Bring in whomever you want, I'll take big Al any day.

Glad to hear things were civil though. Would love to see the schools be able to play again.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Very surprised Hazard won this one.

I agree. This one surprised me as well. Congrats Dogs.
Very impressive job for PCC
Congrats Hazard
Congrats Hazard
Great win for the Hazard. I predicted that Hazard would win this game, I knew they would protect their home floor. However I also picked PCC to win the region. Good job guys lets keep the ball rolling.
Congrats to the the Bulldogs!
The WORST game perry has played all year, and the best game i have saw Hazard play this year. Tyler Mullins played a total of 8 minutes out a 32 minute game due to foul trouble, so of course hazard out-rebounded perry. There was no excuse for all the turnovers perry had, especially with the pressure theyve faced this year. Amis played terrible, noble and cornett didnt get much done either. But after all of this.....perry still only lost by 3. So dont get your heads down dores, you couldnt play any worse than what you did, and you only lost by 3. Last year Hazard got upseted in the district championship by perry and hazard went on to win the region. This year hazard upseted perry in the district championship and i look for perry to go on and win the region. Good luck to both teams and congrats Hazard.
Congrats Hazard. I think Big Al shows he is the best coach in the 14th and I think in the Mts.He outcoached one of the best last night. How many districts does that make now? I agree with everyone bout Olinger the kid is gonna be a beast, hes a great player and athlete even on the grindiron and the diamond. Hazard winning this game they could easely get to another regional championship game with a good draw.My only problem with them is they are a very poor free throw shooting team.Good effort PC.
kyfan10 Wrote:The WORST game perry has played all year, and the best game i have saw Hazard play this year. Tyler Mullins played a total of 8 minutes out a 32 minute game due to foul trouble, so of course hazard out-rebounded perry. There was no excuse for all the turnovers perry had, especially with the pressure theyve faced this year. Amis played terrible, noble and cornett didnt get much done either. But after all of this.....perry still only lost by 3. So dont get your heads down dores, you couldnt play any worse than what you did, and you only lost by 3. Last year Hazard got upseted in the district championship by perry and hazard went on to win the region. This year hazard upseted perry in the district championship and i look for perry to go on and win the region. Good luck to both teams and congrats Hazard.

:Thumbs: I pretty much feel the same way.
I'm predicting another Perry/Hazard final.
I don't think the better team won, I think the better team got out played. But congrats Hazard, I still think Perry takes the region.
hypersport Wrote:Nothing should surprise anyone in the 14th region. 6 of 8 teams could beat each other on a given night. Obviously home court advantage for Breathitt didn't work in the district. Most wide open region east of I-75
Not really. It's still Perry and Knott, with Hazard a slight possibility. I don't see anyone else with a shot at winning it. The 55th and 56th districts are not in the equation IMO. Nor the runnerup in the 53rd.
First off let me say Congrats Bulldogs the way you played you deserve this win. Now let me say I will be man enough to say that I was wrong in the match up of Cornett and Fugate last night. But I still stand by what I said when I beleive that Dillion is the better player. Fugate shoves and pushes everytime that someone shots to try and get a rebound, it was called on him against Leslie Co. but not against PCC. It will be a different tale when they come to Breathitt. A tech. should have been called on him for hitting Corey in the head with the ball. The worse game PCC as a team has played all yr. I've watched every game except 1 and this was by far the worse, and just got beat by 3. As far as Hatcher getting out coach no way he done everything possible but the players didn't play good. Jordan seem like he was in another world but I would bet the farm that want happen again. Out of PCC top six players Corey is the only one that played half decent. All it took was one more player to step up and it would be a different ballgame. Watch and see if PCC want be a different team come tourn. time I would hate to be the one to play them the first game of region. Bring on KCC. But if I'm wrong i'll be man enough to say so. Go PCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Not really. It's still Perry and Knott, with Hazard a slight possibility. I don't see anyone else with a shot at winning it. The 55th and 56th districts are not in the equation IMO. Nor the runnerup in the 53rd.

I agree.