Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 44 Perry Co. Central 41 (54th Dist. Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Love it:rockon:
Congrats Hazard
Congrats Dawgs
Congrats Hazard. Could see a rematch of Knott and Perry in the first round of the region just like last year. This is a very low scoring game
PCC hung tough.
I was only listening on the radio and I didn't see this one.
But from what I heard the officiating was excellent.
Let the boys play but didn't let it get out of hand.
PCC simply had too many turnovers, which isn't like them at all. That Hazard D must have been tough.
Good luck to both teams in region!
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DRAW!
WE WANT KNOTT!!!! LOL
I hope Kcc and Pcc hit it round one just get it over with,bot will be too tired to beat Hazard. Dawgs got it made
wow. congrats Hazard. Sounds like it was an great game!!
D***....
Just got home, grats dawgs. I'm very disappointed in the way Perry played. They played like they did when they hit that midseason slump.
Hazard was more aggressive and Perry flat out beat themselves. Dumb turnovers, missed layups, and lack of rebounding.
Worst game I've seen Cornett play. Missed several layups and dropped a lot of easy passes.
I agree zagafan. I honestly believe it will be like last year and Perry/Knott will draw first round. Let's go ahead and get it over with.
Once again, grats Dawgs.
Congrats Dawgs!..Perry beat there self tonite missing easy shots and turn overs. Hazard played tough, Jordan Olinger is tough, I told aslan that was who I was worried about. But great game to watch, can't wait until region.
You can have your Hatcher's, Fraley's, and anyone else in the 14th, but the best coach in tourney time in the 14th is "Big Al." He knows what to do in tourney time and waits until then to use it. His plan to control the tempo against PCC was classic. Now watch and see that PCC and KCC will be in the same bracket and "Big Al' will again be in the final against whoever wins the game between those two and I again will put my money on him. If anyone begs to differ on his tourney record past and present, plese show me!
king360 Wrote:Congrats Dawgs!..Perry beat there self tonite missing easy shots and turn overs. Hazard played tough, Jordan Olinger is tough, I told aslan that was who I was worried about. But great game to watch, can't wait until region.

Olinger is tough. He was definitely player of the game imo. Perry didn't have a player that could guard him tonight.
Does anybody have scoring?
It was a great game.I got there at 5:45 and gym was already packed.
John Combs was MVP for Hazard.He made free throws all night.Something like 9 for 10.I know he didn't miss many. Oliner played good.
..Martin scored 10 in first half and 3 in second half radio said.Cornett had to be 1-10 or something.He had an awful night. May do better in region.
.We don't know who plays who in region. With Breathitt losing there is 1-3 chance Hazard could play them in first round but can't play Knott(as long as they win district)before semifinals or finals and can't play Perry unless they get to finals.Lots of teams could go from here.
.But Congradulations BULLDDOGS. GREAT GAME.
There were 6 lead changes in third quarter.Hazard built up 37-30 lead in 4th quarter and held on.They were up 6 and Perry hit a 3 with about 4 or 5 seconds left to make it 44-41 but they must have been out of timeouts.They didn't call any after it.
I do have quarter scores.
.Perry Central led 12-8 after first quarter.
Hazard led 22-18 at halftime.
Hazard led 29-28 at end of third quarter on Olinger baseline jump shot.
Hazard held on to win 44-41.
Looks like Hatcher isn't the only coach in the state that can control tempo. Congrats Big Al and the dawgs. The region is going to be a blast.
Hazard 8 14 7 15 - 44

Perry Co. Central 12 6 10 13 - 41

Hazard (20-9) -- Fugate 7, Olinger 9, B. Combs 7, Back 4, Whitaker 9, J. Combs 8.
Perry Co. Central (19-8) -- Amis 5, Brewer 2, Noble 2, Martin 13, Mullins 7, Salyers 4, Cornett 8.
I'm convinced everybody in this region hates Perry lol. On one side it's all the Perry fans. On the other side its Hazard fans/other teams fans.
Congrats Dawgs! Would hate to draw Breathitt in 1st rd at home, could be a real tough game for Hazard. For the record, I hope PCC wins if they play KCC in 1st rd of region!! I want the region winner to be from the 54th!
Aslan Wrote:I'm convinced everybody in this region hates Perry lol. On one side it's all the Perry fans. On the other side its Hazard fans/other teams fans.

tell me about it
wish I coulda seen this one. heard tickets were being purchased in advance today, crazy for a HS game imo
Aslan Wrote:I'm convinced everybody in this region hates Perry lol. On one side it's all the Perry fans. On the other side its Hazard fans/other teams fans.

Haters..No one wants to play Perry. Unless they are playing like they did tonite!
I like Perry. Coach Hatcher is a great guy and I went to college with Bentley and Clifford, Great guys. Holland just beat him at his own game tonight. I would hate to be a region winner and have to draw Perry or Breathitt.
Tenacious Z Wrote:wish I coulda seen this one. heard tickets were being purchased in advance today, crazy for a HS game imo

They weren't supposed to be but Hazard selled them at HHS and wouldnt give any to PCC after they said they would. Oh well, i waited from 3:30 at the door. But Congrats Hazard.
Congratulations Hazard on playing a near perfect game (only 6 turnovers) and coming out with a big win! Hazard also won the rebounding battle 31-21 which is a real shock considering all the height advantaage to PCC. Way to go Bulldogs and best wishes during the region next week!
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:They weren't supposed to be but Hazard selled them at HHS and wouldnt give any to PCC after they said they would. Oh well, i waited from 3:30 at the door. But Congrats Hazard.

You have to be kidding..lol
I'm glad everything was kept in order tonite and the fans didn't get out of hand. Maybe the schools can think about starting to play each other again.
meant be a district winner
well, i guess this should put Knott back at #1 in the 14th. good win for the bulldogs.
Hazard has really come on lately, I did not forsee this one at all. Congrats Hazard.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:They weren't supposed to be but Hazard selled them at HHS and wouldnt give any to PCC after they said they would. Oh well, i waited from 3:30 at the door. But Congrats Hazard.

wow, and the game didnt start till 7pm.

Now thats a real fan lol..:Thumbs:
Congrats Hazard. Very exciting atmosphere. That gym could not hold another person. Does anybody know if they had to turn anybody away at the door?
Very surprised Hazard won this one.
Pages: 1 2 3